In other news…

44,069 Views | 887 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Werewolf
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A lot of guys don't like this guy; I'm in agreement with 90% of his thoughts and certainly this one I do.

Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Indoctrination in lieu of educating.

barelypure
Werewolf said:

5000 employees with a $18 billion budget. That money needs to be distributed to the states education agencies and the employees laid off or absorbed into other agencies.

For that matter agencies need to be moved out of the DC area. Scatter them across the country to help spur the economy in disadvantaged areas. But don't concentrate too many in the same state so as not to upset that state's political leaning. A nice off shoot of this would be turning Virginia from Purple back to Red.
hokiewolf
barelypure said:

Werewolf said:

5000 employees with a $18 billion budget. That money needs to be distributed to the states education agencies and the employees laid off or absorbed into other agencies.

For that matter agencies need to be moved out of the DC area. Scatter them across the country to help spur the economy in disadvantaged areas. But don't concentrate too many in the same state so as not to upset that state's political leaning. A nice off shoot of this would be turning Virginia from Purple back to Red.
to be fair, most of that budget is transferred to the states via grants. With strings attached of course.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
barelypure
hokiewolf said:

barelypure said:

Werewolf said:

to be fair, most of that budget is transferred to the states via grants. With strings attached of course.
Well my number is wrong. Their budget is actually $88.3 billion. $36.5 billion for Title I, including $20.5 billion in discretionary funding and $16 billion in mandatory funding,

In FY 2019, state governments contributed the largest share of funding to public school systems: $350.9 billion or 46.7%. Local sources of revenue were the next largest at $342.9 billion or 45.6%, and the federal government contributed the least, $57.9 billion or 7.7%.

But yes most of their budget in 2019, out of a total of $59.9 billion, went to the states. That's still $2 billion they kept for their own uses.

barelypure
https://sfstandard.com/2024/03/15/class-how-leave-bay-area-real-estate-agent/

They took a class on how to leave the Bay Area. Here's where they went

A class that teaches adults how to move away from the Bay Area has helped almost 50 people relocate to other parts of the state and elsewhere in the U.S. over the last four years, its teacher says.

The class, taught over Zoom by Bay Area real estate agent Punam Navalgund, provides financial, legal and homebuying guidance and is popular with adults at retirement age or those with young children.

I wonder if they start the class with this

Werewolf
barelypure said:

Werewolf said:

We see the same thing.
Yr 0; do away w Dept of Education & Block grants to states all DOE funds
Yr 0: 3 letter agencies as much as possible
Yr 1: downsize remaining fed govt by 25% and block grant to states
Yr 2: downsize 25% more and block grant to states
Yr 3: downsize 25% more and block grant to states
Convert from income tax to other methods immediately...TBD but certainly tariffs

States should consider removing sales tax from all raw produce - vegetables & fruit & nuts, plus unprocessed meats
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
barelypure
What we need is for SCOTUS to address the nondelegation doctrine. They need to go back to JW Hampton v US and A.L.A. Schechter Poultry Corp v US, 1928 and 1935 respectively. In the former they held that when Congress does give an agency the ability to regulate, Congress must give the agencies an "intelligible principel on which to base their regulations. In the latter the finding was "Congress is not permitted to abdicate or to transfer to others the essential legislative functions with which it is thus vested."

If we remove the power to set their own regulations from the agencies thereby forcing Congress to do their job I think we'll see the lazy bastages deciding much of that should be handled by the stares. Thereby breaking the back the Feds hold over the states. You'd see a lot more block grants lessening their hold the Feds have to push policy.

The best governance happens the closest to the people. Or as C.S. Lewis said, "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
Werewolf
Your last pgh ...........is a slam dunk of truth. Centuries of history have told it time and again......

Humanity has grown lazy wallowing in the fruits of our ancestor's toil and the many hardships they were able to overcome for subsequent generations, us.

Just a despicable display with several posters here at times..........and just not a clue.

Liberty and justice dangle in the winds.
jkpackfan
barelypure said:

https://sfstandard.com/2024/03/15/class-how-leave-bay-area-real-estate-agent/

They took a class on how to leave the Bay Area. Here's where they went

A class that teaches adults how to move away from the Bay Area has helped almost 50 people relocate to other parts of the state and elsewhere in the U.S. over the last four years, its teacher says.

The class, taught over Zoom by Bay Area real estate agent Punam Navalgund, provides financial, legal and homebuying guidance and is popular with adults at retirement age or those with young children.

I wonder if they start the class with this

I wouldn't need a class lol.
hokiewolf
Werewolf said:

barelypure said:

Werewolf said:

We see the same thing.
Convert from income tax to other methods immediately...TBD but certainly tariffs

States should consider removing sales tax from all raw produce - vegetables & fruit & nuts, plus unprocessed meats
DOE = Department of Energy. Education is just DE.
Werewolf
Thanks ;-)
barelypure
hokiewolf said:

Werewolf said:

barelypure said:

Werewolf said:

We see the same thing.

DOE = Department of Energy. Education is just DE.
Well while that's true as to the acronyms still he isn't wrong in saying there should be block grants to the states of all DOE funds
hokiewolf
Oh I agree, I just wanted to make sure Were got at least one thing right this month
Werewolf
LMAO. Good one........but too easy....right about your speed.
Werewolf
barelypure
I'm not superstitious where eclipses are concerned. What is concerning and may be a problem is the M2 money supply is declining. It's not to the point we saw in the 1930s but unless the Fed gets on top of it we could be seeing trouble in the economy. Normally the M2 is very stable and few economists pay scant attention for that reason. I'm watching my investments and might see about moving some to safer industries. Also I'm making sure my food supply is secure.

People living on credit cards, that can't be sustained. Something is going to give. If Bidenomics was as great as they pretend they wouldn't need to tell us everyday. It would be apparent. The next President is going to have problems and if it's Trump he'll get blamed. If it's Biden he'll just blame Trump.
caryking
All the departments above need to be abolished and we need to quit collecting taxes on them. Oh, that's right, we run a massive deficit and need the revenues. Ok, I get it.. just quit spending the money and no block grants. Just try and reduce the deficit by not spending.
Oldsouljer
barelypure said:

I'm not superstitious where eclipses are concerned. What is concerning and may be a problem is the M2 money supply is declining. It's not to the point we saw in the 1930s but unless the Fed gets on top of it we could be seeing trouble in the economy. Normally the M2 is very stable and few economists pay scant attention for that reason. I'm watching my investments and might see about moving some to safer industries. Also I'm making sure my food supply is secure.

People living on credit cards, that can't be sustained. Something is going to give. If Bidenomics was as great as they pretend they wouldn't need to tell us everyday. It would be apparent. The next President is going to have problems and if it's Trump he'll get blamed. If it's Biden he'll just blame Trump.
The status of M2 is confusing to me. Some sources contradict your notion that it's decreasing (see link).

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/m2.asp

That said, I find your statement to be plausible because I have to believe the M1 is declining and so it stands to reason that the M2 would follow as people are forced to access their "intermediate-term" assets. If so, this begs the question….are we about to experience the deflation that seems to be smothering China?
SmaptyWolf
barelypure said:

Yes, I'm sure that if Trump had won the 2020 election (fun fact: he didn't) you'd be very concerned about the M2 money supply (and the deficit, etc) right now.
barelypure
It's possible that if Trump had won he wouldn't have gone on a spending spree like a drunken sailor on shore leave and inflation, while still rising, wouldn't have risen to the heights we've seen and people wouldn't be in the dire straits they find themselves.

That's all speculation but I'm reasonable sure Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine which would save us a couple of dollars. Hamas may have still committed their atrocities but on a smaller scale as he wouldn't have sent the pallets of cast to Iran.

Now while we needed an Infrastructure bill what we didn't need was all the pork loaded into it by both parties and where it was more of a Green New Deal than an Infrastructure bill. If Trump had won then more likely the Republicans would also have the majority in the Senate thus different spending patterns.

But no, I don't owe my loyalty to Trump, the Republicans or anyone. I look after me and mine. The M2 declining doesn't bode well and could affect my bottom line and my people's ability to live comfortably in the future.
Oldsouljer
barelypure said:

It's possible that if Trump had won he wouldn't have gone on a spending spree like a drunken sailor on shore leave and inflation, while still rising, wouldn't have risen to the heights we've seen and people wouldn't be in the dire straits they find themselves.

That's all speculation but I'm reasonable sure Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine which would save us a couple of dollars. Hamas may have still committed their atrocities but on a smaller scale as he wouldn't have sent the pallets of cast to Iran.

Now while we needed an Infrastructure bill what we didn't need was all the pork loaded into it by both parties and where it was more of a Green New Deal than an Infrastructure bill. If Trump had won then more likely the Republicans would also have the majority in the Senate thus different spending patterns.

But no, I don't owe my loyalty to Trump, the Republicans or anyone. I look after me and mine. The M2 declining doesn't bode well and could affect my bottom line and my people's ability to live comfortably in the future.
I can tell you as someone who worked in government during his term, he seriously did try to slash agency budgets. I saw the proposal for my agency which would have been a 20-25% cut, so I know this to be true. Unfortunately, neither the GOP- nor the Democrat-controlled congresses wouldn't go for any of it.
barelypure
What are voters concerned about? AP-Norc Poll 3/21-3/25

85% economy
83% health care
76% crime
69% guns
58% immigration
58% abortion
53% foreign policy
50% climate change

Me, I'd arrange the list a little different as to my concerns. Thankfully where I am crime isn't an issue but because I care about my fellow man I'd have it 2nd. So something like this -
economy, crime, immigration, foreign policy, health care, guns, abortion, climate change
SmaptyWolf
barelypure said:

85% economy
83% health care
76% crime
69% guns
58% immigration
58% abortion
53% foreign policy
50% climate change

Me, I'd arrange the list a little different as to my concerns. Thankfully where I am crime isn't an issue but because I care about my fellow man I'd have it 2nd. So something like this -
economy, crime, immigration, foreign policy, health care, guns, abortion, climate change

So the things that OANN bangs on 24/7 trying to turn into election issues? Makes perfect sense.
barelypure
SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

85% economy
83% health care
76% crime
69% guns
58% immigration
58% abortion
53% foreign policy
50% climate change

So the things that OANN bangs on 24/7 trying to turn into election issues? Makes perfect sense.
So what's your list, negative nancy
barelypure
So we pretty much knew that Texas was filled with people pushing their white privilege but sometimes they can push it too far and make even those who support them shake their heads in disbelief.

Texas farmers ask judge to block USDA from doling out disaster aid based on race or gender

A group of white farmers in Texas is asking a federal judge to block the U.S. Department of Agriculture from using race, gender or other "socially disadvantaged" traits to determine who gets disaster and pandemic farm aid and how much, arguing the agency's current administration of eight emergency funding programs is unconstitutionally discriminatory.

"Enjoining USDA from using race, sex, or progressive factoring when administering the programs is warranted because Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits of their claims that: (1) the programs, as currently administered, are unconstitutional; (2) USDA lacks statutory authority to run the programs in their current form; and (3) USDA failed to adequately explain changes in calculating payments when implementing progressive factoring," the motion stated.

The farmers said the Biden administration has taken roughly $25 billion in disaster and pandemic aid approved by Congress for farmers in eight programs and devised a system to make awards based on race, gender or other "socially disadvantaged" traits. Such decision-making violates the Constitution's Fifth Amendment and the Administrative Procedures Act.

USDA's program appears to be rooted in an executive order that President Joe Biden signed.

I just can't believe these farmers have the temerity to claim Biden is doing something unconstitutional. Don't they know despots can do no wrong.
ncsupack1
I really look forward to the day that folks can stop looking at race and other categories and just be fair all around.
barelypure
ncsupack1 said:

I really look forward to the day that folks can stop looking at race and other categories and just be fair all around.
It sounds like you're calling for the dissolution of the Democrat Party.
ncsupack1
barelypure said:

ncsupack1 said:

lol…some people love to put people in categories. So frustrating.
caryking
barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

85% economy
83% health care
76% crime
69% guns
58% immigration
58% abortion
53% foreign policy
50% climate change

So what's your list, negative nancy
Good luck with that... I really do wish people, like Smapty, would provide their policy opinion, as opposed to pure rhetoric, from their media source.

Yes, I said it Smapty, you appear to be a media regurgitator...
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

barelypure said:

ncsupack1 said:

no offense... people are in ideological categories. You can't run from that.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

barelypure said:

I can tell you as someone who worked in government during his term, he seriously did try to slash agency budgets. I saw the proposal for my agency which would have been a 20-25% cut, so I know this to be true. Unfortunately, neither the GOP- nor the Democrat-controlled congresses wouldn't go for any of it.
the biggest group, of people, pushing back against Trump were Republicans. Most of his policies were part of the same talking points Republicans had... Republicans have been all talk, with little action, for a long time.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

barelypure said:

ncsupack1 said:

no offense... people are in ideological categories. You can't run from that.

Your right. Doesn't mean it's okay.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.