In other newsโ€ฆ

44,083 Views | 887 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Werewolf
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While we're distracted with other things, the NSA is making a play for control of the internet.......and this is not being covered by the mainstream media.

Oldsouljer
hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-demands-space-lasers-migrant-crisis-border-israel-1891563

Greene will destroy the Republican party all by herself. I guess that's a legacy
No sign of that happening anytime soon and certainly not in the other party either, with their "squad" crazies.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-demands-space-lasers-migrant-crisis-border-israel-1891563

Greene will destroy the Republican party all by herself. I guess that's a legacy
I think the new speaker is doing a great job of it.
By working a compromise because he has a less then 5 vote majority? Ok
Just do what he said he was going to do. The border, as he has stated a number of times, is priority number one. He needs to spend his time working on his priority, as opposed to the Elitie's priority.
1 doesn't have the votes to pass anything
2 The only thing that will pass is the Senate compromise, which the ****** Republicans won't pass
3 Trump doesn't want legislation passed
So, compromise with Democrats and alienate his own party members. I think you have said you like Chip Roy, right? He is saying that Johnson has screwed the Party and more importantly, he's screwed Roy's constituents.
Werewolf
Don't let me upset you WOKESTERS with my political incorrectness. Cover your eyes, WOKESTERS.

hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

Just do what he said he was going to do. The border, as he has stated a number of times, is priority number one. He needs to spend his time working on his priority, as opposed to the Elitie's priority.
2 The only thing that will pass is the Senate compromise, which the ****** Republicans won't pass
So, compromise with Democrats and alienate his own party members. I think you have said you like Chip Roy, right? He is saying that Johnson has screwed the Party and more importantly, he's screwed Roy's constituents.
Well, you can take and pass imperfect but compromised legislation, celebrate that, and then plan to win the next three election cycles so you get a majority and pass a more comprehensive bill. This all or none bull**** from both sides is not doing the job they were elected to do.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

Well, you can take and pass imperfect but compromised legislation, celebrate that, and then plan to win the next three election cycles so you get a majority and pass a more comprehensive bill. This all or none bull**** from both sides is not doing the job they were elected to do.

Obama broke his dick off compromising. His crowning achievement was to ditch universal healthcare and adopt the Republican free-market healthcare plan instead (a.k.a. ObamaCare)... surely you guys would love that! (LOL) Biden's signature achievements have all been compromises with Republicans, too. Dems have been obsessed for ages with governing by only ever getting half a loaf.

So yeah, no idea what you're talking about. You guys seem to have this compulsion to always "both sides" away Republican bad behavior. But sorry, this radical MAGA "never compromise with the enemy, burn it all down" thing is 100% a Republican phenomenon at the moment, and it won't change until you acknowledge that and clean your house.
Oldsouljer
Well, I'm willing to do what I must to stay healthy, soโ€ฆ.
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Looking out for ya! Cheers to your health.

Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

One more time!
caryking
Were, I think there is a motorboating thread for these post. Please post them there. Mods, please delete the threads.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Were, I think there is a motorboating thread for these post. Please them there. Mods, please delete the threads.

We do? Didn't know that.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

Obama broke his dick off compromising. His crowning achievement was to ditch universal healthcare and adopt the Republican free-market healthcare plan instead (a.k.a. ObamaCare)... surely you guys would love that! (LOL) Biden's signature achievements have all been compromises with Republicans, too. Dems have been obsessed for ages with governing by only ever getting half a loaf.

So yeah, no idea what you're talking about. You guys seem to have this compulsion to always "both sides" away Republican bad behavior. But sorry, this radical MAGA "never compromise with the enemy, burn it all down" thing is 100% a Republican phenomenon at the moment, and it won't change until you acknowledge that and clean your house.
the healthcare act was far from free market. Insurance companies still can't cross state lines. Everyone's insurance costs went up because of this bill. People lost the ability to choose who they wanted to see for their healthcare. That's far far from a free market solution.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Were, I think there is a motorboating thread for these post. Please them there. Mods, please delete the threads.

We do? Didn't know that.
it may buried and/or under another name, here in the Water Cooler
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

the healthcare act was far from free market. Insurance companies still can't cross state lines. Everyone's insurance costs went up because of this bill. People lost the ability to choose who they wanted to see for their healthcare. That's far far from a free market solution.

However you want to measure it on the "free market" scale, it was RomneyCare. It kept free market health care companies at the center of the system. The whole "can't choose your doctor" thing has been way overblown... only true if you decided to switch insurance plans and networks.

You may not remember this, but before ObamaCare our health care system was hurtling toward a cliff. Health care costs were going up every year along with deductibles in a way that wasn't sustainable. The ACA has since bent the cost curve down significantly, and basically put Medicare on a sustainable path along with it.

There were some longstanding problems with affordability in the middle class that Republicans refused to fix because they wanted people to hate it, but Biden has now fixed those things, so as of a couple years ago healthcare subsidies cover everyone.

So no, it's not the universal healthcare that the rest of the developed world already has and that lefties have wanted forever, but it's good enough for now. A compromise.

Werewolf
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

We do? Didn't know that.
ok, ok.........
caryking
Werewolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

We do? Didn't know that.
ok, ok.........

Thanks for understandingโ€ฆ
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

We do? Didn't know that.
ok, ok.........

Thanks for understandingโ€ฆ
Look'n out for daSoldja! ;-)
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

However you want to measure it on the "free market" scale, it was RomneyCare. It kept free market health care companies at the center of the system. The whole "can't choose your doctor" thing has been way overblown... only true if you decided to switch insurance plans and networks.

You may not remember this, but before ObamaCare our health care system was hurtling toward a cliff. Health care costs were going up every year along with deductibles in a way that wasn't sustainable. The ACA has since bent the cost curve down significantly, and basically put Medicare on a sustainable path along with it.

There were some longstanding problems with affordability in the middle class that Republicans refused to fix because they wanted people to hate it, but Biden has now fixed those things, so as of a couple years ago healthcare subsidies cover everyone.

So no, it's not the universal healthcare that the rest of the developed world already has and that lefties have wanted forever, but it's good enough for now. A compromise.

flattened the curve? Also subsidies = tax. You're still paying for it, just a different pot.

SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

flattened the curve? Also subsidies = tax. You're still paying for it, just a different pot.

Of course you chose a strange graph that includes the pandemic spike but not the drop afterwards. This one is a little clearer:

Notice there's a flattening of the curve during the Clinton years for some reason, but then afterwards continues its climb until the ACA, where it's basically been flat at 17% of GDP ever since. Looks like "flattening the curve" to me.

P.S. 50 million more people now have healthcare coverage that didn't before the ACA, medical bankruptcies have dropped dramatically. you can't get shafted by any insurance company for a pre-existing condition, etc, etc, etc. And now that Biden fixed things more of the middle class has access cheaper plans.

You really have to work hard to hate ObamaCare.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Amusing; most here haven't understood we've been in the 1st phase for a number of years.

Werewolf
Paganism has made a comeback.

This doesn't mean that kids have started making sacrifices to Zeus and Thor (though interest in Wicca and other modern forms of playacting at witchcraft has surged, especially among young women). Rather, as Louise Perry has explained in these pages ("We Are Repaganizing," October 2023), paganism is better thought of as mankind's default outlook on the world. The pagan worships the immanent, including worldly gods and worldly things, and so what he ultimately comes to worship above all else is power: power in the world and over it. In Perry's words: "To put it crudely, most cultures look at the powerful and the wealthy and assume that they must be doing something right to have attained such might. The poor are poor because of some failing of their own, whether in this life or the last." It was Christianity's "topsy-turvy attitude toward weakness and strength" that made it so revolutionaryand so anthropologically odd. So now, as societies revert to the pagan mean, moral beliefs we mistakenly thought were unshakably foundational, such as that every person possesses inherent human dignity, or that unwanted babies shouldn't be abandoned to die, are being upended in favor of the old ways. Thus we end up with growing public support in the West for policies such as state-facilitated euthanasia.

"As Christianity fades in America," Davidson warns, "so too will our system of government, our civil society, and all our rights and freedoms." The state will no longer allow the principle of individual rights or conscience to override its desires, and it will not hesitate to use force to get its way, even if that means violating previously sacred norms by, say, threatening to break up the families of those who refuse to submit.

The pagan state, on this view, will not pretend to maintain any sort of liberal neutrality. Instead, Davidson argues, "We will have a public or state morality, just as Rome had, which will be quite separate from whatever religion one happens to profess." What will this state morality consist of? Davidson believes we can already see it being instantiated everywhere: a solipsistic focus on self-expression, self-empowerment, and pride; a radical emphasis of unabridged individual autonomy and liberation from all customs, taboos, and constraints, including all duties and relational ties; an extreme aversion to boundaries and limits on desire, and the self-creation not only of all aspects of personal identity, but of the body, nature, and reality itself; and ultimately an undiluted worship of the self and the will to power, hidden behind a mask of empathy, tolerance, and the language of the therapeutic. Under this regime the strictest of commandments will be that it is forbidden to forbid anything.

Davidson observes that this state-enforced morality reflects the occultist Aleister Crowley's old dictum, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." As Mary Harrington has put it elsewhere, it is becoming hard to resist "the startling conclusion that post-Christian America is an increasingly Satanist regime." https://www.firstthings.com/article/2024/05/dark-enchantment
Werewolf
Werewolf
#Sieve and #Nappy, out blocking traffic once again.

Ncsufist
I should tell my dentist then since he's no longer in network for blue cross.
SmaptyWolf
Ncsufist said:

I should tell my dentist then since he's no longer in network for blue cross.

Yes, doctors changing which insurance they accept never happened before ObamaCare.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

Of course you chose a strange graph that includes the pandemic spike but not the drop afterwards. This one is a little clearer:

Notice there's a flattening of the curve during the Clinton years for some reason, but then afterwards continues its climb until the ACA, where it's basically been flat at 17% of GDP ever since. Looks like "flattening the curve" to me.

P.S. 50 million more people now have healthcare coverage that didn't before the ACA, medical bankruptcies have dropped dramatically. you can't get shafted by any insurance company for a pre-existing condition, etc, etc, etc. And now that Biden fixed things more of the middle class has access cheaper plans.

there are some great outcomes, I don't hate the ACA, I just think it could be better with less regulation and rules.
Wufskins
Medicare wasn't perfect (and still isn't). Difference then vs now was Congress working together to make it better. That seems highly unlikely in todays us vs them political world.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

wolfbreath said:

there are some great outcomes, I don't hate the ACA, I just think it could be better with less regulation and rules.

Anyway, the point is that ObamaCare is essentially the only viable universal health care plan than Republicans have ever come up with. Obama could have rammed through Single Payer (getting rid of health insurance companies), which is what his Dem base wanted, but he wanted to compromise, because he thought something this big should get the most buy-in possible.

No good deed goes unpunished.
Werewolf
barelypure
What I'd like a better understanding of, Daniel Ellsberg stole what became known as the Pentagon Papers. He released them to NYT who were promptly sued by the Federal Gov't to stop the publication. SCOTUS ruled in favor of the NYT so they could publish the documents, as did WaPo.

Knowing all that to be true and factual isn't Julian Assange in the role of the NYT? He didn't steal the documents he merely published them. Manning served 7 of the 35 years he/she/it (I'm not sure of the pronouns) when Dear Leader commuted the sentence.

So IMO even if you disagree with what Manning did what Assange did has already been found to be a legal journalist ability to publish classified documents. If it were such an egregious violation then Dear Leader shouldn't have commuted Manning's sentence to send a message to all other would be whistle blowers.

Werewolf
https://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=409307

barelypure
So I've learned something new. Well not new really as I knew it was going on but I didn't know it was called Smurf. It's where someone obtains information on someone and makes political donations in their name unbeknownst to them.

Peter Bernegger, the chief of Election Watch in Wisconsin, has been arrested for exposing this illegal act in an effort to shut him up.

"Wisconsin statute 946.68 states that it is illegal to send or deliver legal documents, including a complaint 'that directs a person to perform or refrain from performing a specified act and compliance with which is enforceable by a court or governmental agency."

For example, an elderly donor whose name was used, 79-year-old Lydia Foght, allegedly made 26,880 political contributions to Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul, a former Hilary Clinton operative, and others over about five and a half years.

Bernegger also says Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis of Georgia allegedly accepted $184,916.45 in smurfing contributions.

The FEC allows you to check for donations by your name, groups or to candidates. I don't see where you can check by your name on the NC election database.
Werewolf
Werewolf
This 105 min clip might be useful in understanding what's underway here in the usa and around the globe.

#TheGreatAwakening is a documentary by a former Bernie Bro explores Collectivism

Truth Justice on X: "THE GREAT AWAKENING: The Truth about Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab, the World Economic Forum, BlackRock and Governments around the world destroying the Family unit and Sovereign Nations for a one world government through deliberate chaos, division, wars, climate change and pandemics. https://t.co/TpdvxUyVyy" / X (twitter.com)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.