Mar-A-Lago is raided by FBI agents

77,885 Views | 1090 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Werewolf
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Neat! Now do one for Biden and his son Hunter.

Let's just skip to the good part and say both Biden and Trump suck, both are obviously unfit to be President, and then let's do better next time.

Or are we for some crazy reason going to keep defending one or both of them because we think the media or AG's or whoever are biased, and really one or both of them are actually fit to be President?

Civ, that sounds good when you say it. But, your actions don't back it up. None of the people on this board have ever accused Trump of being a boy scout sent straight from heaven.

You go on long rants with details on the evil that Trump is. But, when asked about the other, it's simply, "let's just agree their bad people too." At times you've even defended them.
The clear difference is that lots of people on this board still excuse Trump's ridiculousness. They don't say he's a boy Scout but still have these mealy-mouthed kinda-sorta excuses they make to maybe vote for him again if it comes down to it.

It's not hard.

Biden and Trump both suck. It's obvious. Trump is a loon and Biden is senile. They are both profoundly unfit to be President. It's weird that that's not a near-universal view on here or in this country.

Let's elect someone that's not either one of them to be President. It doesn't matter which side of the aisle the new President is on. It would be profoundly bad for this country if either Trump or Biden sniff the White House again.

Just like you have defended Biden and other Democrats for similar behavior? It's not hard.

You virtue signal that Biden is bad but provide no substance to back it up. Virtue signaling.

Do you not think people would vote for better candidates if they presented themselves? You and I both know that is near impossible. Pure people aren't running for president and the powers that be aren't going to let it Hakeem if they did.

The blatant TDS is plain as the nose on your face.
I actually think if we did away with partisan primaries yes, we would get better representation overall for the states and districts that those candidates are serving.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Steve Videtich
Why do you think that?
BBW12OG
Steve Videtich said:

Why do you think that?
LOL..... you know why...
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Let's just skip to the good part and say both Biden and Trump suck, both are obviously unfit to be President, and then let's do better next time.

Or are we for some crazy reason going to keep defending one or both of them because we think the media or AG's or whoever are biased, and really one or both of them are actually fit to be President?

Civ, that sounds good when you say it. But, your actions don't back it up. None of the people on this board have ever accused Trump of being a boy scout sent straight from heaven.

You go on long rants with details on the evil that Trump is. But, when asked about the other, it's simply, "let's just agree their bad people too." At times you've even defended them.
The clear difference is that lots of people on this board still excuse Trump's ridiculousness. They don't say he's a boy Scout but still have these mealy-mouthed kinda-sorta excuses they make to maybe vote for him again if it comes down to it.

It's not hard.

Biden and Trump both suck. It's obvious. Trump is a loon and Biden is senile. They are both profoundly unfit to be President. It's weird that that's not a near-universal view on here or in this country.

Let's elect someone that's not either one of them to be President. It doesn't matter which side of the aisle the new President is on. It would be profoundly bad for this country if either Trump or Biden sniff the White House again.

Just like you have defended Biden and other Democrats for similar behavior? It's not hard.

You virtue signal that Biden is bad but provide no substance to back it up. Virtue signaling.

Do you not think people would vote for better candidates if they presented themselves? You and I both know that is near impossible. Pure people aren't running for president and the powers that be aren't going to let it Hakeem if they did.

What kind of substance are you looking for?

You don't think DeSantis is a better candidate than Trump?

Civ, I'm not going to lie. There's a small part of me that would love for Trump to win again just to see the heads explode all over the left.

But, yes I've said before I think DeSantis would have a better chance of winning in 2024, just my opinion. He would eliminate the "Trump hate" vote. But, even you have complained about DeSantis. Plus, the media and left will do everything they can to smear him and relate him to Trump in any way they can.

Haha, obviously. No need to lie, I definitely assume it already buddy. A huge part of Trump's appeal with the right is how obviously distasteful many on the left find him.
Steve Videtich
Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

Civ, I'm not going to lie. There's a small part of me that would love for Trump to win again just to see the heads explode all over the left.

But, yes I've said before I think DeSantis would have a better chance of winning in 2024, just my opinion. He would eliminate the "Trump hate" vote. But, even you have complained about DeSantis. Plus, the media and left will do everything they can to smear him and relate him to Trump in any way they can.

Haha, obviously. No need to lie, I definitely assume it already buddy. A huge part of Trump's appeal with the right is how obviously distasteful many on the left find him.

That's not it for me though. (Just icing on the cake, ha) Honestly, I've been saying for years we need a businessman in the oval office instead of a lawyer/politician. It's a glimpse of what it could and, in my opinion, should be.

Despite the obvious warts, there was a lot of good going for the country.
Civilized
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

That's not it for me though. (Just icing on the cake, ha) Honestly, I've been saying for years we need a businessman in the oval office instead of a lawyer/politician. It's a glimpse of what it could and, in my opinion, should be.

We can disagree about Trump but I agree completely that a savvy businesslike approach to governance would do us all a world of good.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

Why do you think that?
the elimination of partisan primaries would allow for a candidate to campaign to the entire electorate rather than to the partisan base that are the ones who usually pic the candidate. I think this would result in more moderate and principled choices who want to govern rather than try and become television stars.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

that's the problem for me, I can no longer ignore the warts because of selfish reasons.

Someone like you Steve, but on the left would also say the same thing about Obama, and he wasn't that good either. That's the problem.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Why do you think that?
the elimination of partisan primaries would allow for a candidate to campaign to the entire electorate rather than to the partisan base that are the ones who usually pic the candidate. I think this would result in more moderate and principled choices who want to govern rather than try and become television stars.

The problem is that there's too much business involved in selecting and politics. Donations, etc. They need to get back to more of a grassroots approach to running for office. Stop with the negative campaign ads, maybe do more debates and town hall type stuff.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

that's the problem for me, I can no longer ignore the warts because of selfish reasons.

Someone like you Steve, but on the left would also say the same thing about Obama, and he wasn't that good either. That's the problem.

But, Obama wasn't a businessman. He was the epitome of a politician. I get the warts, but who doesn't have warts. I got tired of Trump at times, but I wasn't tired of where or country was heading prior to the pandemic.

Sometimes we have to take a few negatives with the positives. I completely understand people's disdain for Trump. What I don't understand those who think we're better off now.
Marco
LOCK HER UP!!!!!!
Marco
Oops,my bad!!LOCK HIM UP!!!!!
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Marco
I'am thinking about declassifying documents,i can do it?Donald J.Trump think so!!!He is above the law!!!
910wolf
Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

I haven't seen people on here hyping Trump hard for 2024 like you seem to believe. I've seen the board Republicans mostly saying they want DeSantis to be the nominee (myself included).

Word. I hope that happens.

I haven't seen so much hype, just a bunch of excuses about how Trump's a political victim of the Justice Department/NY AG/lamestream media.

I dunno, maybe him being investigated for tax, insurance, and bank fraud is just because he's a fraud.
People can believe Trump is a political victim and also support DeSantis over Trump.
Civilized
910wolf said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

I haven't seen people on here hyping Trump hard for 2024 like you seem to believe. I've seen the board Republicans mostly saying they want DeSantis to be the nominee (myself included).

I haven't seen so much hype, just a bunch of excuses about how Trump's a political victim of the Justice Department/NY AG/lamestream media.

I dunno, maybe him being investigated for tax, insurance, and bank fraud is just because he's a fraud.
People can believe Trump is a political victim and also support DeSantis over Trump.

True.

Where the whole "victim" thing gets me is it minimizes his decades-long patterns of legal and business trouble that predated his presidency. It's not like stuff got messy when he rose to power because he became a target.

caryking
Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

True.

Where the whole "victim" thing gets me is it minimizes his decades-long patterns of legal and business trouble that predated his presidency. It's not like stuff got messy when he rose to power because he became a target.
And he was the media darling for everyone…. It's amazing how corrupt he was and the media let it slide. I guess you could say that's what's happening with Biden.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
caryking said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

True.

And he was the media darling for everyone…. It's amazing how corrupt he was and the media let it slide. I guess you could say that's what's happening with Biden.
That's WAAAYYYYY different.

Civ and his MARXIST comrades view themselves as "untouchable." It's just us GOP rubes that the laws and morality standards apply to.

Sleepy Joe's daughter wrote in here diary about her dad taking showers with her when she was a pre-teen. She even questioned whether it was appropriate.

But... you know... President Trump made some comments, had some shady business dealings as do most who find success in the big apple. Most of all what Civ and his comrades hate is the fact that President Trump called them out for who they are and who their MSM/DNC are.

Sucks doesn't it Civ? Still waiting on you to man up and answer the bullet points on what President Trump accomplished while he was in office. Can't muster up the testicular fortitude can you???

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
dogplasma
Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

True.

He was screwing people over back in the 80s. But most didn't know or didn't care about that as time went on. He was a brash tycoon "outsider" in 2016 against a very very luke-warm candidate in Clinton.

I think both Trump's and Biden's political futures are over, so it doesn't move the needle much for me regardless, but it would be nice to see some repercussions on the document handling investigation.
BBW12OG
Ha Ha!! But, but... please tell me Dog... what has your guy done to make this country better, safer, more prosperous?

I'll hang up and listen...meanwhile I'll watch you lament on every damn post about TRRRUUUMMMPPPP!!!!!

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

True.

Did they though? There have been numerous books, articles, documentaries on Donald Trump before he was in office as well as during. Most of them don't cast a good light on him.

With Biden, yes, there are media outlets that treat him and his family with kid gloves. What still gets me is you guys act like the media hasn't evolved over the last 20 years. There's plenty of respected media outlets that do report on the truth with respect to Biden, his policies, etc, they just aren't CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC. But, if you look at the ratings of the news and political opinion shows on those networks, they all stink! They're not close to Fox News, hell they're light years away from Joe Rogan's podcast.

The subscription numbers for the NY Times, the Washington Post - They stink! Number of twitter users who aren't journalists - They stink!

But for some reason, you guys seem to really really care what and how these underperforming news and political news outlets report. I just don't get it because all you're doing is validating these outlets reporters misthoughts and missteps that they are the king makers. Just ignore that noise.
Civilized
Mild amplification too…CNN has taken a fairly recent and very noticeable turn towards the right (or maybe more accurately towards the center) under John Malone's leadership/influence.

The reality is that cable news is really for people over 50(ish) now. It's not how younger or early middle age Americans consume news anymore.
dogplasma
My guy? You've seen me post raves about Biden? Show me that, please.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

910wolf said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

It's not hard.

True.

Did they though? There have been numerous books, articles, documentaries on Donald Trump before he was in office as well as during. Most of them don't cast a good light on him.

With Biden, yes, there are media outlets that treat him and his family with kid gloves. What still gets me is you guys act like the media hasn't evolved over the last 20 years. There's plenty of respected media outlets that do report on the truth with respect to Biden, his policies, etc, they just aren't CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC. But, if you look at the ratings of the news and political opinion shows on those networks, they all stink! They're not close to Fox News, hell they're light years away from Joe Rogan's podcast.

The subscription numbers for the NY Times, the Washington Post - They stink! Number of twitter users who aren't journalists - They stink!

But for some reason, you guys seem to really really care what and how these underperforming news and political news outlets report. I just don't get it because all you're doing is validating these outlets reporters misthoughts and missteps that they are the king makers. Just ignore that noise.
Hokie, I guess that was a little tongue in cheek. My thought was more about Trump being one of Oprah's last guest, in her final week.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
Quote:

hokie, they might be underperforming but they still have far too much influence on the average joe, apolitical guy. There are far too many people who still believe the MSM is neutral to slightly biased.

I went to lunch a month ago with a colleague of a former employer. He described himself as someone who generally ignores politics but had flipped from a straight ticket Republican to voting for Biden because Trump...

He started telling me about all the crazy Republicans like Greene, etc. I reminded him that the MSM is no longer anywhere near neutral and has moved into fully Democratic Party partisanship and he thought I sounded like a crazy conspiracy theorist. The fact that he knew about the existence of Greene, a person with virtually zero influence in the Republican Party or on the national stage, indicates to me he has been watching MSM, otherwise he wouldn't know about this person or be worried about their effect on the GOP. I had no luck convincing him that the National Review is far more trustworthy than ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, WPo, or CNN. He just can't get it through his head that the MSM is no longer nonpartisan or typically honest.

I recognize that this anecdote may or may not speak for typical apolitical voters, but it might explain why the MSM relentlessly promotes the Democratic Party while the Biden administration continues to lie their arses off about their records and intentions.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

Mild amplification too…CNN has taken a fairly recent and very noticeable turn towards the right (or maybe more accurately towards the center) under John Malone's leadership/influence.

The reality is that cable news is really for people over 50(ish) now. It's not how younger or early middle age Americans consume news anymore.
"Extreme Right" to the CIV is simply RINO-RIGHT.
BBW12OG
dogplasma said:

LMAO...

Deny, deny, deny... your posts say it all.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
The grift that keeps on grifting.
hokiewolf
Grifting can cross political boundaries too!

Civilized
hokiewolf said:

Grifting can cross political boundaries too!

This guy is such a ****ing catastrophe-*****.

There's a great parody Twitter follow @EricPhDing that mocks this ridiculousness.
Gulfstream4
BBW12OG said:

Ha Ha!! But, but... please tell me Dog... what has your guy done to make this country better, safer, more prosperous?

I'll hang up and listen...meanwhile I'll watch you lament on every damn post about TRRRUUUMMMPPPP!!!!!

Hahahaha!
TheStorm
Is Don Lemon still on CNN?

Jim Acosta?

Jake Tapper?
TheStorm
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

hokie, they might be underperforming but they still have far too much influence on the average joe, apolitical guy. There are far too many people who still believe the MSM is neutral to slightly biased.

I went to lunch a month ago with a colleague of a former employer. He described himself as someone who generally ignores politics but had flipped from a straight ticket Republican to voting for Biden because Trump...

He started telling me about all the crazy Republicans like Greene, etc. I reminded him that the MSM is no longer anywhere near neutral and has moved into fully Democratic Party partisanship and he thought I sounded like a crazy conspiracy theorist. The fact that he knew about the existence of Greene, a person with virtually zero influence in the Republican Party or on the national stage, indicates to me he has been watching MSM, otherwise he wouldn't know about this person or be worried about their effect on the GOP. I had no luck convincing him that the National Review is far more trustworthy than ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, WPo, or CNN. He just can't get it through his head that the MSM is no longer nonpartisan or typically honest.

I recognize that this anecdote may or may not speak for typical apolitical voters, but it might explain why the MSM relentlessly promotes the Democratic Party while the Biden administration continues to lie their arses off about their records and intentions.
Wait?!? PackChem knows your former employer?
PackFansXL
My friend doesn't bring up politics often; so, I never thought of those two the same way. Chem strikes me as far more invested and much more argumentative than my buddy. Perhaps he will morph into Chem if he overdoses on MSM narratives. Regardless, I can be friends with both individuals.

BTW Storm, did you ever take some portion of that road trip you planned with your grandson?
dogplasma
BBW12OG said:

dogplasma said:

LMAO...

Deny, deny, deny... your posts say it all.
You labor under the delusion that disliking Trump equals loving Biden.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.