2023 - 2024 NASCAR No SRX in 2024

69,171 Views | 1280 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TheStorm
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Luxco, which produces over a dozen liquor brands including Everclear, is getting into NASCAR with a team sponsorship with @RCRracing.

Luxco will deploy its Rebel Bourbon brand, which becomes RCR's official bourbon and will sponsor races on @KyleBusch's No. 8 in '24 and '25.

ncsupack1
Need Jack and Jim Beam back.
caryking
its really hard to compare different era's, in all sports. The 80's were very different that what we see today. the 60's and 70's were different to the 80's.

I always thought Earnhardt was great, when he raced. That said, in a different era, Jimmy Johnson is hard to argue against. For me:

Earnhardt
Ernie Ervin (for a short period)
Jeff Gordan
Jimmy Johnson

If I want to bring in the legacy guys, then:

Petty
Pearson
Cale
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
.@SRXracing says it is postponing its fourth season due to "market factors that have proven too much to overcome."

Finley
Wolfer79 said:

.@SRXracing says it is postponing its fourth season due to "market factors that have proven too much to overcome."

This really stinks. I enjoyed watching those guys race. It was a good competitive series.
ncsupack1
Only watched a couple of races in year one. I watch more races on FLO and Racing America. Just couldn't get into it.
ge_traveler
I believe the writing was on the wall for SRX once they announced that IROC was coming back earlier this week
mdreid
ge_traveler said:

I believe the writing was on the wall for SRX once they announced that IROC was coming back earlier this week
prob doesnt help with Tony doing a full season of Top-Fuel also
Hunt Golf
Burlington, NC
Wolfer79
mdreid said:

ge_traveler said:

prob doesnt help with Tony doing a full season of Top-Fuel also

And Mrs Stewart wants to be Mama Stewart,so Tony may have obligations.
Wolfer79

.@SRXracing's costs had risen to an unsustainable level compared to incoming revenue, per person familiar, leading to the suspension decision.

Series leadership is intent on trying to revive SRX in some shape or form and is exploring their options.
ncsupack1
Not surprised. Takes a lot of money to build and fix those cars each week.
ncsupack1
I know we are knee high right now with the NFL, but is anyone else watching IMSA today? Having some cold beer and watching qualifying, waiting for the 24 next weekend.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Harvick's looked better. Yes, I was a 4 fan.
ncsupack1
Anyone else going to take in the 24? My sons and I always like trying to take the whole thing in.
PossumJenkins
Interested to see how the new Netflix series out today affects general and non fans of the sport. Obviously the F1 series had a massive effect in viewership here in the States. Not sure golf and tennis saw the same bump with their series. I know there was significantly less awareness in the US about F1 previous to the show and that was attributable to the success it created. Just interested in if it has any effect at all.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

Interested to see how the new Netflix series out today affects general and non fans of the sport. Obviously the F1 series had a massive effect in viewership here in the States. Not sure golf and tennis saw the same bump with their series. I know there was significantly less awareness in the US about F1 previous to the show and that was attributable to the success it created. Just interested in if it has any effect at all.

Good question? Hopefully it brings some eyes to the sport.
caryking
PossumJenkins said:

I've followed F1, going back to the early 70's…. I'm happy the series is more popular here, in the US. Regarding NASCAR, something needs to happen, as the sport has lost some of its luster, since the early 2000's.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Haven't watched yet but from everything that I've read, it seems like a good show. Probably going to watch this weekend since the Clash doesn't look great weather wise.
TheStorm
Wonder whatever happened to BTG? Glass, do you know?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.