2023 - 2024 NASCAR No SRX in 2024

68,933 Views | 1280 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TheStorm
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alright boys, here's the new thread.

19 days till the mess in Los Angeles BUT THEN:

Over the course of five days, Daytona will host the season openers of the NASCAR Cup, Xfinity, Truck and ARCA Menards series. For the first time, there will be no practice sessions prior to Cup Series qualifying or the Daytona 500 qualifying races.
(All times EST.; Schedule is tentative and subject to change)

Tuesday, February 14
2 p.m. Random draw for Xfinity Series qualifying lineup
4 p.m. Random draw for Cup Series qualifying lineup

Wednesday, February 15
8 a.m. 4 p.m. Daytona 500 Media Day
8:15 p.m. - NASCAR Cup Series single-car qualifying (one lap, two rounds)

Thursday, February 16
4:05 4:55 p.m. ARCA Menards Series practice
5:05 5:55 p.m. NASCAR Truck Series practice
7 p.m. - NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying Race #1 (60 laps)
8:45 p.m. - NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying Race #2 (60 laps)

Friday, February 17
1:30 p.m. ARCA Menards Series qualifying
3 p.m. NASCAR Truck Series qualifying
4:35 p.m. - 5:25 p.m. NASCAR Xfinity Series practice
5:35 - 6:35 p.m. NASCAR Cup Series practice
7:30 p.m. NASCAR Truck Series race (100 laps)

Saturday, February 18
10:30 - 11:20 a.m. NASCAR Cup Series final practice
11:30 a.m. NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying
1:30 p.m. ARCA Menards Series race (80 laps)
5 p.m. NASCAR Xfinity Series race (120 laps)

Sunday, February 19
2:30 p.m. NASCAR Cup Series Daytona 500 (200 laps)
ncsupack1
I'm ready for it all. Can't wait to hit up our 7 races again this year.
TheStorm
Whoa... A new thread for 2023!

Me likey.
caryking
Anybody doing any of "The Cars Tour" racing? I saw that Jr., Harvick, Burton, and Marks have bought the series in hopes of it maintaining viability...

I know Glass has said he goes to Kenly... Has that been for this series?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
hokiewolf
Excited to see what year 2 looks like for the new car.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Peacock, 8 p.m.
WarrenPeace
caryking said:

Anybody doing any of "The Cars Tour" racing? I saw that Jr., Harvick, Burton, and Marks have bought the series in hopes of it maintaining viability...

First race of the Cars Tour '23 season is at Southern National in Kenly in March.
Wolfer79
NASCAR kicked off its 2023 on-track activity with a stop this week at Circuit of the Americas for Goodyear tire testing, featuring two-time Cup Series champion Kyle Busch making his debut in a new car with a new team.

In arguably the sport's biggest story line for the new year, the 37-year-old Las Vegas native moved to the No. 8 Chevrolet for Richard Childress Racing after spending 15 years driving the No. 18 Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing. Busch spent the last two days on track in Austin.

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/motorsports/2023/01/18/kyle-busch-unveils-new-car-nascar-2023-cota-austin-texas/69815690007/
ncsupack1
WarrenPeace said:

caryking said:

First race of the Cars Tour '23 season is at Southern National in Kenly in March.

Will be there.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Nice. Can't get here soon enough, I'm getting bored.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

True... but I hope and pray that this is the last one at the Coliseum, and that next year it is back at Daytona on the tri-oval where it belongs.
Glasswolf
caryking said:

Sadly I haven't been to a race at SN since 1995. My father passed away and they took a second and honored him before the main event.

If you want see what cemented by passion for racing check this page out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1274576979369724
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

True... but I hope and pray that this is the last one at the Coliseum, and that next year it is back at Daytona on the tri-oval where it belongs.

I liked it at Daytona as well, but with the lack of fan attendance and tv viewing not sure if that's going to happen anytime soon. Do I see it coming back at some point yes, just not sure when. IMO, this year's Clash will be the tale if it stays in LA. Last year was the new thing, let's see what attendance and tv numbers look like this year.
Bell Tower Grey
I think the clash belongs at Daytona; it just fits with kickoff to the season. It's a shame those running nascar now either can't, or won't, embrace at least a little tradition.
hokiewolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

I think the clash belongs at Daytona; it just fits with kickoff to the season. It's a shame those running nascar now either can't, or won't, embrace at least a little tradition.
I actually like the fact that they are going to move the clash around. I enjoyed the clash last year. I hope it's even better this year with a year under their belt.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

The problem is that people weren't going to the Clash at Daytona. I know people that work there and there wasn't any buzz or butts in the seats. What was NASCAR supposed to do? I'm with you, I prefer the race be at Daytona but it seems like me and you are not the majority. I'll be interested to see what this year's Clash looks like this year, fan/tv viewing.
TheStorm
TheStorm

TheStorm
TheStorm

TheStorm
Went ahead and got the big boys out of the way...
ncsupack1
Ha…sharp looking cars.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

The problem is that people weren't going to the Clash at Daytona. I know people that work there and there wasn't any buzz or butts in the seats. What was NASCAR supposed to do? I'm with you, I prefer the race be at Daytona but it seems like me and you are not the majority. I'll be interested to see what this year's Clash looks like this year, fan/tv viewing.
Back in my early days of graduating from State and working in what was then still NASCAR territory, and with Rockingham and North Wilkesboro still hosting two races each, the diehards went to Daytona for the full two weeks as an early spring break of sorts... and the Floridian's were there in droves.
caryking
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Back in my early days of graduating from State and working in what was then still NASCAR territory, and with Rockingham and North Wilkesboro still hosting two races each, the diehards went to Daytona for the full two weeks as an early spring break of sorts... and the Floridian's were there in droves.
Now that we have North Wilkesboro as a Non-Points race for 2023, Nascar should look for other tracks to do the Clash. Perhaps Rockingham??

Joe Biden
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

We use to do the same. Had some friends near Florence, SC. One had a RV. We use to pile in and stay for the entire speed weeks. Practice, Clash, Qualifying, Duals, Busch Clash, BGN and the 500. Back then you could park in the RV lots for under $100 a day.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Now that we have North Wilkesboro as a Non-Points race for 2023, Nascar should look for other tracks to do the Clash. Perhaps Rockingham??

I would love to see a race at Rockingham, the problem with that is that Rockingham isn't owned by SMI or NASCAR. So the question is who would give up a date to said track?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I would love to see a race at Rockingham, the problem with that is that Rockingham isn't owned by SMI or NASCAR. So the question is who would give up a date to said track?
I'm talking about a non-points race for Rockingham, like we are seeing for North Wilkesboro this year.

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Good for Chase. Shows that SHR is going to make him the head horse.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I'm talking about a non-points race for Rockingham, like we are seeing for North Wilkesboro this year.

I get what you are saying but the same problem is still there. BTW, I would love a race there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.