2023 - 2024 NASCAR No SRX in 2024

70,536 Views | 1280 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TheStorm
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR this season averaged 2.86 million viewers for all points races (Daytona through Phoenix).

That's down 5% from 3.03 million last year (across NBC, Fox, USA, FS1).

TheStorm
I really enjoyed the NASCAR season this past year... no, my guy didn't win the championship, but he had his best season to date and won a lot of races.

I just felt like I got to watch more races this season as compared to recent years, that the racing was very watchable and competitive for the most part... and I feel that we ended up with a very deserving Champion that was at his best when the races mattered most.

Just get rid of the Coliseum race, and the Bristol Dirt race and I'm "good to go" for 2024.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

I really enjoyed the NASCAR season this past year... no, my guy didn't win the championship, but he had his best season to date and won a lot of races.

I just felt like I got to watch more races this season as compared to recent years, that the racing was very watchable and competitive for the most part... and I feel that we ended up with a very deserving Champion that was at his best when the races mattered most.

Just get rid of the Coliseum race, and the Bristol Dirt race and I'm "good to go" for 2024.
Well you get one of two. Dirt is gone. I agree that the racing was good overall this year. My driver is now gone but I still plan on hitting our 8 races next year. I am really happy to see Bristol back as it should. Looking forward to next year.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR this season averaged 2.86 million viewers for all points races (Daytona through Phoenix).

That's down 5% from 3.03 million last year (across NBC, Fox, USA, FS1).

Not bad really. Saw a lot of live events, minus the NFL are down.
Wolfer79

Hear from the champion.

Tune in to ESPN's @SECNetwork at 9:40 a.m. ET to watch @Blaney live on Marty & McGee.
Glasswolf
Change the title to talk some post season discussion.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Change the title to talk some post season discussion.
This. Surprised that Noah has yet to be announced the driver for the 10 next year. I'm also interested to see where Aric goes in Xfinity.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Not bad for " down sizing ".
Wolfer79
Latest update from the Squier Family: Ken is now in hospice care, with plans to move him from hospital to home tomorrow, where he will spend whatever time remains. Thanks so much for the many prayers being offered up.

Glasswolf
Wolfer79 said:

Latest update from the Squier Family: Ken is now in hospice care, with plans to move him from hospital to home tomorrow, where he will spend whatever time remains. Thanks so much for the many prayers being offered up.

Squier passed away yesterday. He was right up there with the best of them.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
"Never forget, no matter how big it gets, above all else this sport is about common men doing uncommon things." Remembering Ken Squier, the superhero of motorsports voices.

https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/38913719/ken-squier-was-superhero-motorsports-storytellers
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

Legend period. I have been listening to Moody today, wow what a great human and ahead of his time as a broadcaster. RIP
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Pretty cool. With the news about Advance, I hope they continue to support the local tracks and stay in the sport.
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

Heard this the other day. When I think of NASCAR, it is his voice I hear. Grew up with him and remains the guys I'd want calling a race
TheStorm
Caught myself surfing channels multiple times yesterday afternoon during the NFL games looking for something else to watch... going to be a long 2.5 months!
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Caught myself surfing channels multiple times yesterday afternoon during the NFL games looking for something else to watch... going to be a long 2.5 months!

I hear that.
Wolfer79
In an attempt to further ignite interest in its midseason package of races, NASCAR is increasing it from six to ten, slightly paring down the inventory for incumbents Fox and NBC. Both networks are expected to renew their deals with NASCAR once the current round of media rights deals come to an end after the 2024 season.

Per the Sports Business Journal, the midseason package has been "harder to sell," leading to the decision to increase the package's inventory.

https://awfulannouncing.com/racing/nascar-midseason-package-increase-races.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
ncsupack1
I assume that NASCAR didn't get the hits that they thought. Would not be surprised to see FOX or NBC pick them up.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Like the Goodyear hat. We've got a few of those around the house.
Wolfer79
NASCAR is on the cusp of announcing $7.7B worth of media rights deals with Fox Sports, NBC, Warner Bros. Discovery and Amazon. The average annual value of the deals, including the previously announced CW deal, is $1.1B per year, which represents about a 40% increase over NASCAR's current deal...

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/11/29/nascar-media-rights-fox-sports-nbc-warner-bros-discovery-amazon.aspx?publicationSource=closingbell&issue=1596448d5f294cba9f772bf57fb0294a
Wolfer79
Fox will air the first 14 Cup Series races in 2025, then Amazon's @PrimeVideo will stream five events, then @WBD will simulcast five races on both TNT TV and the B/R Sports tier on the Max streaming service, before NBC Sports completes the final 14 races.

Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR is on the cusp of announcing $7.7B worth of media rights deals with Fox Sports, NBC, Warner Bros. Discovery and Amazon. The average annual value of the deals, including the previously announced CW deal, is $1.1B per year, which represents about a 40% increase over NASCAR's current deal...

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/11/29/nascar-media-rights-fox-sports-nbc-warner-bros-discovery-amazon.aspx?publicationSource=closingbell&issue=1596448d5f294cba9f772bf57fb0294a

Not surprised by the increase.
TheStorm
So does this mean those 5 Amazon races will not be able to be watched without Amazon... if so, that would suck for me. I'm not buying any more streaming services than I already have.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
TheStorm said:

So does this mean those 5 Amazon races will not be able to be watched without Amazon... if so, that would suck for me. I'm not buying any more streaming services than I already have.

Yes
5 races exclusively on Amazon

Wolfer79
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Not a big fan either but I'll buy it. The fact is it seems like overall this is the direction sports are going. I do think NASCAR and it's partners did a good job of thinking about older fans by having for example the CW carry all of the Xfinity races. ( BTW not calling you a older fan ) Personally, I don't think the Amazon streaming will work, I don't think enough people are going to buy it just cause of NASCAR. Now I do know a few that are happy with this news cause they already have Amazon. JMO
Wolfer79

@SpireMotorsport purchased @KBMteam's shop near Charlotte for almost $14.5 million,

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.