2023 - 2024 NASCAR No SRX in 2024

70,485 Views | 1280 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TheStorm
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just went back and rewatched the last 10 laps. When O'Ward wrecked with 8 laps remaining Newgarden was leading and they red flagged it with I guess 6 laps left (which is where I said, I knew it wasn't Ericsson)... then they red flagged it again with 2 laps left after the last wreck. If they hadn't of red flagged it with 6 left it would have finished under caution.
Finley
Going forward indy car should adopt this philosophy and make it the precedent. As far as the safety concern Ericcson alluded to, the restarts with Indy cars are much different than Nascar. Cars aren't bunched up on the start which allows for more 2-3 car breakaways instead of 15. You're going to be aggressive on the last lap regardless.
PossumJenkins
It was the red flag with 2 to go that was in question. Not the red flag with 6 to go.
TheStorm
PossumJenkins said:

It was the red flag with 2 to go that was in question. Not the red flag with 6 to go.
Yeah, there's a couple of different conversations at play here... my point was that what they did with 2 laps left was consistent with what they did with 6 laps left, and that's why I didn't agree with Ericsson *****ing about it afterwards.
Finley
Once the red flag was thrown at lap 6 it had to be thrown with 2 left.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

PossumJenkins said:

Yeah, there's a couple of different conversations at play here... my point was that what they did with 2 laps left was consistent with what they did with 6 laps left, and that's why I didn't agree with Ericsson *****ing about it afterwards.

My comment about inconsistency was in regards to previous years, not that race

As a fan, I'd 100% of the time rather see a green flag finish, but Indy had not been doing that.

ETA: and I say that realizing sometimes the multiple attempts at GWC in NASCAR results in conditions taht allow a winner who was undeserving
Finley
The #14 team got caught with an engine panel NACA duct not in the compliance with the rule book. It looks like they used a counterfeit part. Got hit with a L3 penalty, the worst you can get.

Docked 120 owner pts
120 driver pts
25 playoff pts (if they qualify)
Crew chief suspended 6 races

Basically puts Briscoe out of the playoffs unless he wins one of the last 12 races.
ncsupack1
Finley said:

The #14 team got caught with an engine panel NACA duct not in the compliance with the rule book. It looks like they used a counterfeit part. Got hit with a L3 penalty, the worst you can get.

Docked 120 owner pts
120 driver pts
25 playoff pts (if they qualify)
Crew chief suspended 6 races

Basically puts Briscoe out of the playoffs unless he wins one of the last 12 races.

That is a big penalty for sure. Funny thing is that the 14 hasn't been running great.
Finley
All that for a 20th place finish. I wonder if Briscoe even knew?

Bad week to be named Chase.
TheStorm
Finley said:

All that for a 20th place finish. I wonder if Briscoe even knew?

Bad week to be named Chase.
Lol. I was wondering if they accidentally got him mixed up with Elliott...
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

PossumJenkins said:

My comment about inconsistency was in regards to previous years, not that race

As a fan, I'd 100% of the time rather see a green flag finish, but Indy had not been doing that.

ETA: and I say that realizing sometimes the multiple attempts at GWC in NASCAR results in conditions that allow a winner who was undeserving.

Yeah, we've argued about this before and your comment is definitely correct. I've long now felt that the GWC in NASCAR leads to an inordinate amount of late race wrecks that more often than not somewhat ruin the final product. Those type of late race wrecks are not common in Indy though... as someone else has already stated, once they red flagged it with 6 laps left (they would have easily run 6 laps under caution before that track was clean), they basically "had" to red flag it with 2 laps left.

The one thing about their last restart that was different than a NASCAR GWC though, was that when they came to the line and took the green that was the start of the last lap and another caution would have ended it (the caution lap on the restart counted)... another thing that I thought was curious as it was happening was that at the "10 or 11 laps remaining" restart that O'Ward jumped (and they made them restart again) allowed O'Ward to shave another lap or two off of the end of the race, which at that time with the way he had been running seemingly could have given him an advantage... didn't work out that way though obviously.
Wolfer79
The preparation required to hold a sporting event on the scale of NASCAR's Cup Series is detailed with precision in a "playbook" at World Wide Technology Raceway.

Track owner Curtis Francois leaves nothing to chance during a year of work that leads to the Enjoy Illinois 300, which will run Sunday.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/motor-sports/world-wide-technology-raceway-evolves-with-goal-to-keep-nascar-cup-series-for-long-tenure/article_6f882e52-ffed-11ed-8d70-27ccb695e4f7.html#tracking-source=home-top-story
Finley

Nascar gives Chase the waiver as they did with Josh Williams earlier this season. It's the correct call.
Wolfer79
Friday, June 2
Noon, NASCAR Pace Lap, MAVTV
3 p.m., NASCAR Pace Lap (re-air), MAVTV
6 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series practice and qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing
8 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West: Portland 112 at Portland International Raceway, FloRacing

On MRN:
8 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West: Portland 112 at Portland International Raceway
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
Toyota 200, World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, IL
Qualifying FS1, 6 p.m.
TheStorm
nvmnd
Wolfer79
Saturday, June 3
1 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series practice and qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1
10 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice and qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
Noon, NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Portland International Raceway, FS1
1 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCTS at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Berlin Raceway, FloRacing
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Berlin Raceway, FloRacing
4 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NXS at Portland, FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Tri-City Speedway, FloRacing
5:50 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
6:05 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Hickory Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at South Boston Speedway, FloRacing
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Modified 100 at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
8 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Florence Motor Speedway, FloRacing

On MRN:
10 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice and qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway
1 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway

4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Enjoy Illinois 300. World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, IL
Qualifying FS1, 10 a.m.

NASCAR Xfinity Series
Pacific Office Automation 147, Portland International Speedway, Portland, OR
Qualifying FS1, noon
Race FS1, 4:30 p.m.

NASCAR RaceDay: Portland 4 p.m.

NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
Toyota 200, World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, IL
Race FS1, 1 p.m.

NASCAR RaceDay: NCTS Setup FS1, noon
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

At 3.399 million, the @CocaCola 600 was the most-viewed @NASCAR race on a Monday since 2014 (excluding Daytona 500s), a stretch that includes 15 different events, though this was the only one on a national holiday.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

At 3.399 million, the @CocaCola 600 was the most-viewed @NASCAR race on a Monday since 2014 (excluding Daytona 500s), a stretch that includes 15 different events, though this was the only one on a national holiday.

Wow, good for the sport. Pretty impressive.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Good to see a long standing partner continue.
Wolfer79
Sunday, June 4
8 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS2
10 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice and qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCS at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
On MRN:
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway
TheStorm
Are World Wide Technology Raceway and Gateway the same track?
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Enjoy Illinois 300, World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, IL
Race FS1, 3:30 p.m.
NASCAR Raceday: World Wide Technology Raceway FS1, 2 p.m
PossumJenkins
TheStorm said:

They are
TheStorm
PossumJenkins said:

TheStorm said:

They are
Thanks.
Glasswolf
Kyle Busch seemed to have everything covered this past weekend. Not a KB fan as much as I am a RCR fan. Good to see the team competitive again. Decent race as a whole.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

Kyle Busch seemed to have everything covered this past weekend. Not a KB fan as much as I am a RCR fan. Good to see the team competitive again. Decent race as a whole.
LOL. I've got the re-run going on my TV right now, and it's finally back at the same spot where I fell asleep (red flag).
ge_traveler
Yep, KB had a great race. He held off Larson and Hamlin on quite a few restarts, held his own each time.
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

Glasswolf said:

LOL. I've got the re-run going on my TV right now, and it's finally back at the same spot where I fell asleep (red flag).
You were right! Kyle Busch won... that's now 3 for him this year in the car that Tyler Reddick abandoned to go drive for 23XI...
Wolfer79
Monday, June 5
4 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1
11 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
1 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS2
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
9:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1

Tuesday, June 6
12:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1994 Coca-Cola 600 (re-air), FS2
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, Peacock
11 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, June 7
1 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1
3 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Best of Radioactive: Road Courses (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS2

Thursday, June 8

Friday, June 9
Midnight, Greatest Races: NASCAR Cup Series: 1989 Banquet 300 at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS2
3:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Classic: The 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1
4 a.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR Cup Series: 1989 Banquet 300 at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS1
Noon, NASCAR Pace Lap, MavTV
3 p.m., NASCAR Pace Lap (re-air), MavTV
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice at Sonoma Raceway, FS1
6:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West at Sonoma Raceway, FloRacing
8:30 p.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR Cup Series: 1989 Banquet 300 at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS1

Saturday, June 10
3 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS1
4 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS2
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Sonoma Raceway, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice and qualifying at Sonoma Raceway, FS2
5 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
5:15 p.m., NASCAR Pinty's Series at Autodrome Chaudire, FloRacing
5:50 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
7:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series at Sonoma, FS1
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
7:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series at Sonoma, FS1
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
8 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway, FloRacing
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modifieds at Seekonk Speedway, FloRacinh
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Meridian Speedway, FloRacing
10 .m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Alaska Raceway Park, FloRacing
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice and qualifying at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS2

On PRN:
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway

Sunday, June 11
6 a.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1998 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2
6:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series practice and qualifying at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS2
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Sonoma, FS1
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Sonoma, FOX
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Toyota / Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, FOX

On PRN:
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Toyota / Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway
Finley
I had to catch the highlights, was tied up yesterday afternoon. Gateway/WWT has provided some good racing in it's first 2 cup races.
Wolfer79
.@FS1 got a 1.27 rating and 2.160 million viewers for Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series #EnjoyIllinois300 @WWTRaceway, down from a 1.47 rating and 2.502 million last year.

This year's race had a lightning delay toward the start and also did not feature the suspended @ChaseElliott.

ncsupack1
Finley said:

I had to catch the highlights, was tied up yesterday afternoon. Gateway/WWT has provided some good racing in it's first 2 cup races.

Agree. The racing hasn't been bad at all. Hopefully they keep their date.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.