2023 - 2024 NASCAR No SRX in 2024

70,547 Views | 1280 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TheStorm
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

That means that the crowd will be less, not surprised. I still think that there will be a good crowd either way. The one race (off topic) is the Bristol dirt. Not a fan of it at all. If fans aren't coming to that spring race, then move it.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
The Clash at the Coliseum, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Practice FS1, 6 p.m.
Qualifying FS1, 8:30 p.m.
NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition FS1, 8 p.m.
TraCha4
Excited to get things up and running today.

We got 10 folks in the family that are trying out the nascar fantasy live this year instead of our regular race pool we do. Excited to see how it plays out.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The Carolina Hurricanes announced the 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series Ice Plant will arrive at Carter-Finley Stadium Monday.

The 53-foot trailer is the world's largest mobile refrigeration unit that houses the ice and equipment to lay NHL-caliber ice.

https://www.cbs17.com/sports/carolina-hurricanes/ice-for-stadium-series-rink-arriving-monday-more-preparations-beginning/
PossumJenkins
caryking said:

PossumJenkins said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

That's different, I personally like the look.
Wow!!! If they run all four cars with the same paint scheme, that will be awesome... This will start to look like F1 team cars.
Not something NASCAR would likely allow from a safety/spotter standpoint tbh.
Back in the 2000's, Rusty and (forgot his name) ran two cars almost identical. I think one was a Mobile One car. They were Ford Taurus, I believe…

Yeah they'll let you get pretty close. Most of the time they ask for changes in the number color and more than anything they are worried about roof numbering and coloring (so spotters can tell the difference going down the back when the cars are furthest away). I'm not sure how they'd view 4 of the same though. Likely too much confusion
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
The Clash at the Coliseum, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Qualifying Races Fox, 5 p.m.
Race Fox, 8 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay Fox, 4 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay Fox, 7 p.m.
TheStorm
Dadgum. I didn't remember this getting run at night last year... first they screw up the NFL Playoffs by having a Night Game every single date that a game was played this year, and now this. So dumb.
Steve Williams
Staff
Can't believe NASCAR is already back. Can't wait!
caryking
Yea, I'm excited. Not a big fan of this track, but… it's racing!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Glasswolf
caryking said:

Same here but I'll admit, last years race there was better than I thought it would be. NASCAR has to fix this issue of cars catching on fire though
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Same here but I'll admit, last years race there was better than I thought it would be. NASCAR has to fix this issue of cars catching on fire though

The teams and NASCAR have claimed that they have fixed it. Hopefully. Also, glad to have some racing today.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

The teams and NASCAR have claimed that they have fixed it. Hopefully. Also, glad to have some racing today.

Ty Gibbs would like a word…haha
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Ty Gibbs would like a word…haha

I was told that the Gibbs issue was an improperly installed exhaust pipe. Could be wrong though. LOL, but I will say he had mess.
Wolfer79
caryking
Does the crowd look smaller this year?

Joe Biden
WarrenPeace
caryking said:

I thought the same for the heat races. I'll wait til 8 to judge though.

Needs to be moved next year though for sure
ncsupack1
WarrenPeace said:

caryking said:

I thought the same for the heat races. I'll wait til 8 to judge though.

Needs to be moved next year though for sure

I thought the the crowd for the main race was a little smaller. Hate to say it but the race wasn't very good overall. It needs to move somewhere else or reduce the field.
TheStorm
I'm sure that I'll get blasted for this, but what a ****ty weekend for professional sports...

1. I thought the race sucked. All the heats. The advancement to the next round. Then finally they actually run the final qualifying round. Then they have another race for the losers, then they actually start the real race... and it all sucked. I finally turned it off at 9:30 with I guess 75 laps left to go (changed to reruns of Two and a Half Men even, if that tells you anything). Hint to NASCAR: Your hardcore followers are on the East Coast... many of us don't want to stay up until 10:30+ on a Sunday night before the beginning of the next work week. Last year it was fine because it was different, this year the novelty was gone and it sucked.

2. But it fit right in with the other ridiculous events this weekend, like the idiotic NHL All-Star game 3 v 3 (divisions) tournament... and the NFL Pro Bowl weekend events (of which I watched about a combined 4 minutes of this year) - one time I scrolled across the channel hosting it and there were teenage girls playing 7 on 7 even. Hint to those leagues: If you have to have a gimmick instead of an actual All-Star Game in order to have your event, then it might not be worth having anymore.

3. And I know I've already *****ed on another thread about the NFL completely ****ing up their playoffs for people on the East Coast by moving the games back so that they had a night game every single day that a game was played... hey, listen... I know that we moved the Super Bowl back to be played at night 30+ years ago already... and believe me, I can remember for years driving back from places and getting home at 1 am and having to get up at 6 the next morning for work... but every game is not the Super Bowl. First game at 1:00 and second game at 4:30 works all year long, every year in the regular season for the entire history of the league... why do we decide a couple of years ago for the playoffs to just **** it all up.

Rant over (oh, and by the way, did I mention that the race sucked? ).
caryking
TheStorm said:

I'm sure that I'll get blasted for this, but what a ****ty weekend for professional sports...

1. I thought the race sucked. All the heats. The advancement to the next round. Then finally they actually run the final qualifying round. Then they have another race for the losers, then they actually start the real race... and it all sucked. I finally turned it off at 9:30 with I guess 75 laps left to go (changed to reruns of Two and a Half Men even, if that tells you anything). Hint to NASCAR: Your hardcore followers are on the East Coast... many of us don't want to stay up until 10:30+ on a Sunday night before the beginning of the next work week. Last year it was fine because it was different, this year the novelty was gone and it sucked.

2. But it fit right in with the other ridiculous events this weekend, like the idiotic NHL All-Star game 3 v 3 (divisions) tournament... and the NFL Pro Bowl weekend events (of which I watched about a combined 4 minutes of this year) - one time I scrolled across the channel hosting it and there were teenage girls playing 7 on 7 even. Hint to those leagues: If you have to have a gimmick instead of an actual All-Star Game in order to have your event, then it might not be worth having anymore.

3. And I know I've already *****ed on another thread about the NFL completely ****ing up their playoffs for people on the East Coast by moving the games back so that they had a night game every single day that a game was played... hey, listen... I know that we moved the Super Bowl back to be played at night 30+ years ago already... and believe me, I can remember for years driving back from places and getting home at 1 am and having to get up at 6 the next morning for work... but every game is not the Super Bowl. First game at 1:00 and second game at 4:30 works all year long, every year in the regular season for the entire history of the league... why do we decide a couple of years ago for the playoffs to just **** it all up.

Rant over (oh, and by the way, did I mention that the race sucked? ).
No arguments from me…

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Formula 1 is on course to overtake NASCAR as the most popular form of motor racing in America, the country's new driver believes.

Logan Sargeant will be the first driver from the United States to start an F1 season in 16 years when he lines up on the grid for the Bahrain Grand Prix next month.

F1 has enjoyed a surge in popularity since it was bought by American media group Liberty Media six years ago. Sargeant is from Florida, but has mainly been based in Europe while pursuing his racing career.

However he says interest in F1 has clearly grown in his homeland. "It seems almost as big as NASCAR and IndyCar, if not bigger," the 22-year-old told media including RaceFans at Williams' launch event today

Obviously, there's a lot of diehard IndyCar and NASCAR fans who don't always like it," said Sargeant. "But I think with the way the sport is going in America, it will, if it's not already, it will be the biggest here shortly."

https://www.racefans.net/2023/02/06/f1-will-overtake-nascar-as-americas-favourite-motorsport-shortly-sargeant/
BBW12OG
I'm a diehard NASCAR fan from the 70's, 80's and 90's.... '00,'01 and '02 saw my following really begin to dwindle.

The current crap they are putting out now is laughable.

Die hard NASCAR fans know it and the ones that are hanging on are a hell of a lot more dedicated than they should be!

Best of luck to the remaining fans.... I wish it were different but the "new direction" is leading them to lose sponsors, media coverage and most important, fans.

I'm sure Daytona and few others will be covered nationally... in a few years it will be on the Ocho with professional tag competitions......
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Bell Tower Grey
Watched the heat races. When the main race started, once the first car was spun, I turned it off. It was unwatchable.

Nascar has, and can, do much better. The coliseum was nothing more than a pandering event. Won't watch it again.

BTW, who won?
BBW12OG
Bell Tower Grey said:

Watched the heat races. When the main race started, once the first car was spun, I turned it off. It was unwatchable.

Nascar has, and can, do much better. The coliseum was nothing more than a pandering event. Won't watch it again.

BTW, who won?
Not to go down the political rabbit hole... but has NASCAR ever owned up to the Bubba Wallace hoax about the noose hanging in the garage? I see that he is still a whiney little entitled beeeeyaaaattttccccchhhhhh....

Not to mention all of the "woke" BS they have promoted the last few years along with that has turned NASCAR into what it is today.

Get Woke, Go Broke!!!!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
TraCha4
Ok, Nascar fans have seen the clash in LA two years in a row. First year was kinda neat because you didn't know what to expect. This year just sucked. The racing is terrible. Move it for next year to bring back excitement. Run the clash at some old historic tracks that aren't in rotation anymore. Run the oval at Indy, Rockingham, etc…
Glasswolf
BBW12OG said:

I'm a diehard NASCAR fan from the 70's, 80's and 90's.... '00,'01 and '02 saw my following really begin to dwindle.

Die hard NASCAR fans know it and the ones that are hanging on are a hell of a lot more dedicated than they should be!

Best of luck to the remaining fans.... I wish it were different but the "new direction" is leading them to lose sponsors, media coverage and most important, fans.

I'm sure Daytona and few others will be covered nationally... in a few years it will be on the Ocho with professional tag competitions......
Went to my 1st race in 1967. Rockingham. I follow the traditional tracks. Daytona, Talladega, Darlington, Richmond, Bristol etc. The sport pretty much died for me when Earnhardt died.

They (NASCAR) are doing everything they can to completely alienate the demographic area that made the sport. I'm not saying they shouldn't race in California. Hell, they use to open the season up in Ontario 50+ years ago.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfer79
Kevin Harvick will join Fox's NASCAR broadcast booth full-time in 2024

https://awfulannouncing.com/fox/kevin-harvick-will-join-foxs-nascar-broadcast-booth-full-time-in-2024.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
ncsupack1
TraCha4 said:

Ok, Nascar fans have seen the clash in LA two years in a row. First year was kinda neat because you didn't know what to expect. This year just sucked. The racing is terrible. Move it for next year to bring back excitement. Run the clash at some old historic tracks that aren't in rotation anymore. Run the oval at Indy, Rockingham, etc…

It's one race a year that isn't a point race. I can live with it but not my thing. On to Daytona.
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

https://awfulannouncing.com/fox/kevin-harvick-will-join-foxs-nascar-broadcast-booth-full-time-in-2024.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Seems like a very logical progression...
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

Seems like a very logical progression...

My driver.IMO will do great.
TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Went to my 1st race in 1967. Rockingham. I follow the traditional tracks. Daytona, Talladega, Darlington, Richmond, Bristol etc. The sport pretty much died for me when Earnhardt died.

They (NASCAR) are doing everything they can to completely alienate the demographic area that made the sport. I'm not saying they shouldn't race in California. Hell, they use to open the season up in Ontario 50+ years ago.
I'm not that far behind you. My father took me and my little sister to Bristol probably either 1967 or 1968. He worked for a hosiery machine manufacturer and Burlington Industries (later became Kayser-Roth) had a huge manufacturing plant in Harriman, TN... if it was 1967 I would have been 5 and my sister would have been 3, so it probably had to be 1968... don't even remember there being a race, all I remember is the white straw cowboy hats w/ the red chin strap with the round wooden bead slide, that he bought us there (and probably just laid around in our toy box at home after that)... and saw in later years in photos of us wearing them together sitting in the stands with our mother.

Probably didn't go to another one though until the mid-80's after I graduated from State.
Steve Williams
Staff
Sunday night was awful. Probably the worst NASCAR event I've seen, maybe ever.
BBW12OG
Glasswolf said:

BBW12OG said:

I remember growing up men leaving church early to get home in order to watch the green flag drop.

Those days of NASCAR closing in on the NFL are long gone. They can blame the TVs on offering "better viewing" all they want.

The third generation NASCAR family ruined the sport. Safety measures needed to be made and they did make them. Thumbing your nose at the Southeastern fanbase that made the sport what it was will be the death of the sport.

It is already on life support and from what I am hearing Sunday night may have been the kill shot. I haven't watched a flag to flag start to finish race in over 10 years or more. I'm one person and I know that isn't the reason it's failing. I do however hail from a town that on Sundays would shut down until the race was over.

No one even talks about NASCAR anymore other than it is a running joke on how it is always the "3rd generation" that ruins businesses. Case in point.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.