2023 - 2024 NASCAR No SRX in 2024

70,504 Views | 1280 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TheStorm
Finley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering everything Nascar had to deal with this weekend with the weather and track conditions, I thought the race turned out ok. Props to SVG and the 91 team. Pretty wild he wins in his first start. Dude can wheel it. Trackhouse racing has established itself as a championship caliber organization. Pretty impressive.
Packchem91
TraCha4 said:

I hope they don't do that again. That wasn't NASCAR to me. If I wanted to watch a street race I would have just watched a different series. NASCAR needs to just stay with what they know and what got them here.

There are a couple of very knowledgeable folks on here who will know, but does the weight of the cars just not make them as conducive to that type of racing as the F1/Indy type cars?
Or was it the wet course (I know that had impact)?

But agree, other than the uniqueness of it, and finding some hilarity at how offers they were slamming into water barriers, not a fan

Also not a fan of a guy making a complete mistake like Kyle B did early on and overshooting the turn into the barriers, having to actually be towed out, but not missing a beat, staying on the lead lap and being a contender

If your car has to be towed, seems like their should be some penalty for that
Finley
When I think of a car being towed I expect the driver to exit the vehicle and the car is brought to the garage. Penalty would be loss of laps. Kyle was pulled out and he left under his own power. I don't have an issue with that.
Packchem91
Finley said:

When I think of a car being towed I expect the driver to exit the vehicle and the car is brought to the garage. Penalty would be loss of laps. Kyle was pulled out and he left under his own power. I don't have an issue with that.
I can appreciate that definition. Except, without the track's assistance, he would have sat there for the rest of the race.

Fine line, and as long as they are consistent, no real issue, lets just call it a really nice break.

Wolfer79
.@NBC got a 2.52 rating and 4.632 million viewers for @NASCARChicago, the best for a race on that channel since the 2017 Homestead championship.

That's the best viewership of any race this season aside from the Daytona 500.

Wolfer79
caryking
TraCha4 said:

I hope they don't do that again. That wasn't NASCAR to me. If I wanted to watch a street race I would have just watched a different series. NASCAR needs to just stay with what they know and what got them here.
Yep! Make it the South East!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
WarrenPeace
I thought it was cool. I watched about the whole thing. Nascar needs a little spice and I think they've done well with the dirt race, Coliseum, Wilkesboro, and this street race.

I wouldn't keep any of them forever but it's nice to see something different.

Casual fans seem to like it but the life long fans may not as much. I hope they keep trying new things. Only way to keep it from dying.
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Finley said:

I can appreciate that definition. Except, without the track's assistance, he would have sat there for the rest of the race.

Fine line, and as long as they are consistent, no real issue, lets just call it a really nice break.

They have a gravel field at Watkins Glen I think as well, which has been on the NASCAR schedule longer than Sonoma...

I have a hard time forcing myself to try to watch night races on Sundays... I did catch some of this one including around the last 25 laps or so though.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Wow..lots of eyes Sunday.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

TraCha4 said:

Yep! Make it the South East!

Sounding like the race is returning next year. Not my favorite race or track but I get the whys.
Finley
I view July 4th weekend like Labor day. Keep it a traditional race like the Southern 500. Try a new track in another spot. But what do I know. Plenty of eyes were tuned in.
caryking
Finley said:

I view July 4th weekend like Labor day. Keep it a traditional race like the Southern 500. Try a new track in another spot. But what do I know. Plenty of eyes were tuned in.
I'm all about a SEC style Nascar!

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
Friday, July 7
Noon, NASCAR Pace Lap, MavTV
3 p.m., NASCAR Pace Lap (re-air), MavTV
4 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series practice and qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition, FS1
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Zinsser SmartCoat 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing

MRN: 6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Zinsser SmartCoat 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
O'Reilly Auto Parts 150, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, OH
Practice and Qualifying FS1, 4 p.m.
NASCAR Race Hub: Weekend Edition FS1, 5:30 p.m
ncsupack1
Bring on the oval. Forgot Sunday is a night race.
Finley
Harvick will be honored before the green flag Sunday. His 2001 winning car (his 1st) will pace the field with Richard Childress in the cockpit. Pretty cool. I wonder if Harvick can rekindle some magic and win in Atlanta in his final start?

My money is on the Penske cars. I'll take Blaney or Logano this Sunday.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

A day race would be pretty miserable for everyone there. Hasn't the 2nd ATL race typically been late in the season?
Packchem91
Finley said:

Yeah we may all rather have it here (and in ovals), but the ratings and other factors will mean another of these. Maybe even a new market. If so, I hope it is at the expense of another road course. Or one of Dover / New Hampshire
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

A day race would be pretty miserable for everyone there. Hasn't the 2nd ATL race typically been late in the season?

Believe so. In fact they just got back their second date not too long ago. But agree night time would feel better.
Wolfer79
Saturday, July 8
8 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series practice and qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Zinsser SmartCoat 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
11:40 a.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 1, Peacock
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Craftsman Truck Series, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
4 p.m., IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park 120, Peacock
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5:50 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Hickory Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., Dale Jr. Download: Geoff Bodine, USA
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Modified 100 at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
8 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway, FloRacing
8 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Jersey Shore 150 at Wall Stadium Speedway, FloRacing
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Meridian Speedway, FloRacing
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA, NBC Sports App

MRN: 1 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
PRN: 7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway
TheStorm
Ugh. Not another Sunday night race...
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
O'Reilly Auto Parts 150, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, OH
Announcers: Jamie Little/Phil Parsons/Michael Waltrip//Amanda Busick//Jamie Howe
Race FS1, 1:30 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: NCTS Setup-Mid-Ohio FS1 (Kaitlyn Vincie/Trevor Bayne/Todd Bodine//Jamie Howe), 12:30 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Alsco Uniforms 250. Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Announcers: Rick Allen/Steve Burton/Dale Earnhardt, Jr./Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider
Qualifying USA Network, 4 p.m.
Race USA Network, 8 p.m.
Dale Jr. Download: Geoff Bodine USA Network, 7 p.m.
Countdown to Green: NASCAR Xfinity Series USA Network (Marty Snider/Brad Daugherty/Kyle Petty), 7:30 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show USA Network (Marty Snider/Brad Daugherty/Kyle Petty), 10:30 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series
Quaker State 400, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Announcers: Rick Allen/Steve Burton/Dale Earnhardt, Jr./Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider
Qualifying USA Network, 5:30 p.m.
ncsupack1
If anyone is in the Raleigh/Garner area, the Cars Tour is racing tonight at Wake County Speedway. Pro late mods

ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Ugh. Not another Sunday night race...

Yeah, I guess the fans there will like it. I need to go look on line to see how sales are going.
Wolfer79
Sunday, July 9
Midnight, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 2, Peacock
Noon, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Chevrolet Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, NBC, Peacock
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Atlanta, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
7 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 Available at Walmart at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, USA, Peacock

PRN: 6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 Available at Walmart at Atlanta Motor Speedway
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Quaker State 400, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Race USA Network, 7 p.m

NASCAR RaceDay: Atlanta FS1 (Adam Alexander/Trevor Bayne/Bobby Labonte/Larry McReynolds), 3 p.m.
Countdown to Green: NASCAR Cup Series USA Network (Marty Snider/Brad Daugherty/Kyle Petty), 6:30 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race USA Network/Peacock (Marty Snider/Brad Daugherty/Kyle Petty), 10:30 p.m.
ncsupack1
Sucks rain got this one. Best race of the year.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Sucks rain got this one. Best race of the year.

Frustrating though - they knew weather was coming all day and they still didn't start the race til 730. I get tv partner but they could have at least started right at 7pm
Finley
I was hoping they could at least get it back re-started to see an exciting finish. It really stinks to have mother nature end it. I'd love to see Atlanta host the championship.
Wolfer79
Monday, July 10
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR 75: The Greatest Countdown Show Ever! (re-air), FS1
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS2

Tuesday, July 11
12:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Zinsser SmartCoat 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., Dale Jr. Download, Peacock
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1994 Coca-Cola 600 (re-air), FS1

Wednesday, July 12
10 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Zinsser SmartCoat 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS2
Noon, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O'Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS2

Thursday, July 13
7 p.m., Refuse to lose: Jeff Gordon and the 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1

Friday, July 14
Noon, NASCAR Pace Lap, MavTV
3 p.m., NASCAR Pace Lap (re-air), MavTV
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice and qualifying at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Pinty's Series at Toronto, FloRacing
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing

Saturday, July 15
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series practice and qualifying at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
2 p.m., Dale Jr. Download: Ward Burton, USA
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ambetter Health 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA
5:50 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
6 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Mohegan Sun 100 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., Unrivaled: Earnhardt vs. Gordon (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at South Boston Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
8 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway, FloRacing
8 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Calypso 150 at Iowa Speedway, FS2, FloRacing
10 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Alaska Raceway Park, FloRacing

PRN: 2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ambetter Health 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Sunday, July 16
3:30 a.m., 100,000 Cameras: The Return of NASCAR (re-air), FS2
4 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Calypso 150 at Iowa Speedway (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., NASCAR 75: The Greatest Countdown Show Ever! (re-air), FS2
7 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Calypso 150 at Iowa Speedway (re-air), FS1
11:30 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: New Hampshire, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Crayon 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, USA, Peacock

PRN: 1:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Crayon 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
.@Goodyear's official @NASCAR tire deal is the most recognized sponsorship in sports, while Coca-Cola's NASCAR partnership is the second-most, per an @SBJ survey.

Finley
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

.@Goodyear's official @NASCAR tire deal is the most recognized sponsorship in sports, while Coca-Cola's NASCAR partnership is the second-most, per an @SBJ survey.

You knows what's interesting... When was the last time you needed tires and thought about Good Year? I never consider them...

Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.