2023 - 2024 NASCAR No SRX in 2024

70,501 Views | 1280 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TheStorm
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

@SpireMotorsport purchased @KBMteam's shop near Charlotte for almost $14.5 million,

Making moves, let's see how it plays out for them.
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

I like more of a solid color and less white (and other colors mixed in) like this, as I feel that it makes certain cars easier to identify during and just after restarts when the field is bunched... Alex has definitely lagged behind the other Hendrick drivers the last 2-3 years, but here's to hoping he is more competitive in 2024.

Nice looking car... can't wait to see all the other teams new schemes for 2024 as well.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

I like more of a solid color and less white (and other colors mixed in) like this, as I feel that it makes certain cars easier to identify during and just after restarts when the field is bunched... Alex has definitely lagged behind the other Hendrick drivers the last 2-3 years, but here's to hoping he is more competitive in 2024.

Nice looking car... can't wait to see all the other teams new schemes for 2024 as well.

Fun time of the year, seeing sponsor news and new paint colors.
ncsupack1
I see SHR lost another sponsorship. I bet they sell a charter or two in a couple of years. Their owners seem to not care.
mdreid
ncsupack1 said:

I see SHR lost another sponsorship. I bet they sell a charter or two in a couple of years. Their owners seem to not care.
with Tony replacing his wife next year in her Top fuel seat since theyre trying to have a baby and with Haas and his bad F1 team, i see their nascar program being a bottom team now that harvick is retired
ncsupack1
mdreid said:

ncsupack1 said:

with Tony replacing his wife next year in her Top fuel seat since theyre trying to have a baby and with Haas and his bad F1 team, i see their nascar program being a bottom team now that harvick is retired

They are definitely going to have growing pains for sure. That's why not bringing in a KB type will hurt them for a while, I mean the 14 is the Sr guy there and at times last year he was the worst preforming car.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Looks good.
TheStorm
I don't love it, but I don't hate it either... looks a lot better than the Orange and White scheme, but just coming out on the heels on that Purple Ally car, it just isn't at that same level for me.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

I don't love it, but I don't hate it either... looks a lot better than the Orange and White scheme, but just coming out on the heels on that Purple Ally car, it just isn't at that same level for me.

My favorite Hooters was the night owl. Looked sharp. The Ally car this year looks great.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
.@DaleJr and his father, Dale Earnhardt Sr., both made @NASCAR's Top 15 list for most trackside merchandise sales in 2023.

ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

.@DaleJr and his father, Dale Earnhardt Sr., both made @NASCAR's Top 15 list for most trackside merchandise sales in 2023.

That Earnhardt name still sells.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
^ Ate at one this past year when we went to the Bristol Night Race. Pretty good imo.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

^ Ate at one this past year when we went to the Bristol Night Race. Pretty good imo.
First one I ever ate at was in Johnson City, TN probably ~12-13 years ago... I live on the coast of NC and there is one up in Jacksonville, that we've probably been to a few times over the years as well... no complaints on the food here either.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

First one I ever ate at was in Johnson City, TN probably ~12-13 years ago... I live on the coast of NC and there is one up in Jacksonville, that we've probably been to a few times over the years as well... no complaints on the food here either.
I'll be honest, I never knew of them until they started sponsoring, the closest one around us is Fayetteville. When we went this past fall all the employees were wearing the NASCAR jerseys of Kyle Busch which was pretty cool.
Wolfer79

Give the gift of tickets this holiday! Save $24 OFF the gate price of all IMSA at VIR tickets! This offer ends once the checkered flag flies on the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Buy now and experience the unparalleled all-access to sports car racing Aug 23-25.
Wolfer79
Filed to ESPN to help you nurse your post-Christmas hangover, our NASCAR 2023 superlatives, from rivalries and liveries to tantrums and goodbyes, the best and worst of NASCAR's 75th season.
https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/39155351/best-race-rivalry-paint-scheme
Wolfer79
FOX NASCAR play-by-play announcer Mike Joy will call his 45th #Daytona500 in February, his 21st for @FOXSports

Joy's first Great American Race came in 1977 as a turn announcer for @MRNRadio and included Cale Yarborough's second Daytona 500 victory, Janet Guthrie's history-making run and the first 500 for 2024 @NASCARHall nominee Ricky Rudd
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

FOX NASCAR play-by-play announcer Mike Joy will call his 45th #Daytona500 in February, his 21st for @FOXSports

Joy's first Great American Race came in 1977 as a turn announcer for @MRNRadio and included Cale Yarborough's second Daytona 500 victory, Janet Guthrie's history-making run and the first 500 for 2024 @NASCARHall nominee Ricky Rudd
Dude has been doing this for a long time. Didn't know it was 45th. Wow.
Wolfer79
@FedEx
is expected to buy roughly the same number of paint schemes in 2024 from
@JoeGibbsRacing
as it did this year, when it reduced its primary count down to around a dozen amid broader cost-cutting efforts.

FedEx began cutting back from sponsoring the full season in 2021.

ncsupack1
I guess the fact that they are staying is a plus.
Glasswolf
Cale Yarborough has passed away. He was a tough SOB. Another part of my NASCAR history gone.

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Cale Yarborough has passed away. He was a tough SOB. Another part of my NASCAR history gone.

RIP
Werewolf
Glasswolf said:

Great driver, not sure where the experts would rank him....but most likely in the Top 10 or 15.

1. Pearson, most of the real experts say so. He won w very little money.
2. Earnhardt
3. ?

Richard Petty won a lot of races but had clear edge in money. Jeff Gordon too.
Glasswolf
Werewolf said:

Glasswolf said:

Great driver, not sure where the experts would rank him....but most likely in the Top 10 or 15.

1. Pearson, most of the real experts say so. He won w very little money.
2. Earnhardt
3. ?

Richard Petty won a lot of races but had clear edge in money. Jeff Gordon too.
David Pearson is top 2 - 3 easy. He won 105 races and for a while with the Wood Brothers they didn't run short tracks.

My father in law grew up near Cale. I was fortunate enough to meet him a time or two. Very down to earth soul.

Werewolf
who is your 1?
Glasswolf
Werewolf said:

who is your 1?
I'd have to go with Earnhardt. Then Pearson. Petty won 200 races but there were years he ran 50+ races. DE did it with Osterlund, Bud Moore and Childress. Pearson did it with Holman Moody, Wood Bro's, Hoss Ellington, and Jr. Johnson just name a few.

Werewolf
Glasswolf said:

Werewolf said:

who is your 1?
I'd have to go with Earnhardt. Then Pearson. Petty won 200 races but there were years he ran 50+ races. DE did it with Osterlund, Bud Moore and Childress. Pearson did it with Holman Moody, Wood Bro's, Hoss Ellington, and Jr. Johnson just name a few.
He was the punisher.........whatever it took. Not much team bull**** to Earnhardt's wins......which is how Gordon won a number of races.
ncsupack1
Such a hard question. There have been a lot of great drivers over the history of the sport. I'm not sure that I could pin one down.
Werewolf
ncsupack1 said:

Such a hard question. There have been a lot of great drivers over the history of the sport. I'm not sure that I could pin one down.
Kinda like all sports, a different era and somewhat of a different game. My thought was to take the technology/money advangate and the team aspect out of the equation as best I could.
TheStorm
The King is The King. End of story.

Now, if you want to argue about #2 through whatever, that's up to you...
Werewolf
Loved him too. A lot of races he won!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.