NCAA Baseball Regionals all Regional Sites (Pack9 #10 seed)

105,282 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Wolfer79
Jtilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alex Gee said:

Had a man on the inside
Same reason ECU is hosting.
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

Had a man on the inside
Weird how that works.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Glasswolf
ThomasEvans
6 teams in NC make the tourney. Pretty unbelievable and they were all locks.
TheCapper
Alex Gee said:

UGA has a cake walk regional IMO

We went 0-5 against GT and UNCw
Kmcpack
Man Duke got shat on. Almost feel bad for them. Almost
Alex Gee
Staff
GT was our only *** series on the year. I chalk it up to a bunch of young guys on their first acc road trip. UNCW was a midweek. Weekend arms are way different and they're the most over seeded team imo.

UGA might score 50+ runs this weekend
TheCapper
Alex Gee said:

GT was our only *** series on the year. I chalk it up to a bunch of young guys on their first acc road trip. UNCW was a midweek. Weekend arms are way different and they're the most over seeded team imo.

I still feel that we got a pretty solid draw (better than UGA) and better than having to host a rival.

We got essentially 2 bubble teams and the American East champion.
Kmcpack
wilmwolf said:

Alex Gee said:

Had a man on the inside
Weird how that works.

Ha. Just got asked about it on tv.
Alex Gee
Staff
TheCapper said:

Alex Gee said:

I still feel that we got a pretty solid draw (better than UGA) and better than having to host a rival.

Eh. I like the matchup too but South Carolina was certainly not a bubble team lol
Jtilley
Byrants best win is over Pitt but that is their only decent win and lost that series.

They do have a pitcher with a 2.76 ERA in 65IP with 59K's but he seems to be their number two behind a kid with 4.03 ERA with 80IP & 67K's.
wolfman18
ESPN host asked the committee chair about having committee members and their affiliation with certain teams...chairman stated said members have to leave the room when discussing their schools and aren't allowed a vote.

lol
kmb717
How about this....

TheCapper
Alex Gee said:

TheCapper said:

Alex Gee said:

Eh. I like the matchup too but South Carolina was certainly not a bubble team lol

Bubble was a little strong , but they were trying to play their way out of postseason the last month.
Wolfer79
More information on game times and TV designations will become available later on Monday afternoon.

2024 NCAA Baseball Raleigh Regional Schedule
Doak Field at Dail Park Raleigh, N.C.
Friday, May 31
Game 1 #2 South Carolina vs. #3 James Madison | Time TBD
Game 2 #1 NC State vs. #4 Bryant | Time TBD

https://gopack.com/news/2024/5/27/baseball-schedule-opponents-set-for-ncaa-raleigh-regional
Kmcpack
Don't understand if a lot of people thought duke should host over ecu why weren't they sent to Greenville instead of wake? Really just another example of show little the concert tournaments mean for seating.
StateFan2001
Alex Gee said:

UNCW a 2!!

Good to see. That league plays solid baseball with CoC and Campbell and some others.
wilmwolf
That's interesting, but some of that probably comes down to the math with so many sec teams in the tournament and so many of them hosting, since you can't have conference teams in the same regional.
The Gatekeeper.
StateFan2001
ThomasEvans said:

I say it all the time. This state is loaded with prep baseball talent. Only states better are Fl, CA, TX, and maybe Georgia but I would say they are relatively equal.
Jtilley
TheCapper said:

Alex Gee said:

TheCapper said:

Alex Gee said:

Bubble was a little strong , but they were trying to play their way out of postseason the last month.
Just scored 43 runs in five games during the SEC tournament with wins over Kentucky, Bama, Ark.
Alex Gee
Staff
TheCapper said:

Alex Gee said:

TheCapper said:

Alex Gee said:

We might've gotten the weaker 3 seed, but getting UNCW as a 2 is a major gift. USC had a 2 tough weekends against two national seeds this month and then beat Arkansas and KY in Hoover and should've played for the title but choked it away a bit.

I always will prefer the team with 2 Q1 weekend wins (northeastern at that) vs having to play the team with 14 Q1 weekend wins.
StateFan2001
Alex Gee said:

UNcW Friday starter is pretty solid. 10-3 3.70. Now he hasn't been pitching against the likes of Ga Tech but still a quality arm they will see.

Speaking of UNCW, Tanner Thach would be the portal get of the offseason if you can plug him in at 1B.
StateFan2001
More ESPn shenanigans.
wilmwolf
Committee chair said among other things that they look at series wins over individual games. That's why mid weeks and conference tournament results seem to not really matter, and why we're the #10 regional team despite our number of losses.
The Gatekeeper.
tau06
kmb717 said:

How about this....

Exactly what I expected. **** the SEC man. It's easy to be the best when everything gets stacked up perfectly for you everywhere you go.
Stormin Norman

The North Carolina State University
Alex Gee
Staff
StateFan2001 said:

Alex Gee said:

UNcW Friday starter is pretty solid. 10-3 3.70. Now he hasn't been pitching against the likes of Ga Tech but still a quality arm they will see.

Speaking of UNCW, Tanner Thach would be the portal get of the offseason if you can plug him in at 1B.

Would desperately want Thatch. He's a stud.

The best team that guy threw against was Charlotte and they ran him after 1.1 IP. 7 hits 3 walks 9ER.

They would've been a solid 3, but its way too easy of a regional for UGA
StateFan2001
Glad for them but yeah they profile as a 3
Not sure how they get a 2 but the conference champ (reg season) doesn't get in - CofC
Alex Gee
Staff
I keep up with that league pretty closely with my Elon ties and think that's insane. CAA would've been better off with UNCW lobbying for the at large. Conference tournaments can hurt these traditional 1-2 bid leagues
Borowolf10
ECU fans seem completely incapable of understanding strength of schedule. Truly one of the dumbest fanbases in the country.
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

ThomasEvans said:

I say it all the time. This state is loaded with prep baseball talent. Only states better are Fl, CA, TX, and maybe Georgia but I would say they are relatively equal.
I'm sorry but the state of Georgia cranks out more talent than NC does.

We have a lot of talent but not enough to sustain the public schools plus usc, clemson, va tech, etc coming in and taking talent as well. Then the in state privates take their player or two each cycle along with SEC schools grabbing a couple.

Thank goodness for Chris Hart and his connections in the state of Florida, that actually is loaded with talent.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
M_A
Can they just do away with the farce of the Selection Committees and call these ESPN Invitationals and be done with it?
Glasswolf
wolfman18 said:

ESPN host asked the committee chair about having committee members and their affiliation with certain teams...chairman stated said members have to leave the room when discussing their schools and aren't allowed a vote.

lol
That's the way the CFP committee works.
Wolfer79
M_A said:

Can they just do away with the farce of the Selection Committees and call these ESPN Invitationals and be done with it?
no
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

ThomasEvans said:

I'm sorry but the state of Georgia cranks out more talent than NC does.

We have a lot of talent but not enough to sustain the public schools plus usc, clemson, va tech, etc coming in and taking talent as well. Then the in state privates take their player or two each cycle along with SEC schools grabbing a couple.

Thank goodness for Chris Hart and his connections in the state of Florida, that actually is loaded with talent.
Cobb and Fulton county alone might pump out more baseball prep players than NC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.