NCAA Baseball Regionals all Regional Sites (Pack9 #10 seed)

105,290 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Wolfer79
PossumJenkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LIU had the game in hand. So did JMU. Win the game you're playing. Period
Jtilley
wilmwolf said:

Some of y'all would complain about a blow job. Jesus. Great win. Let's get another tomorrow.

I've had a bad BJ before, just didn't complain at the time.
CLTWolf
wilmwolf said:

Some of y'all would complain about a blow job. Jesus. Great win. Let's get another tomorrow.
Ain't that the truth

"too much teeth, stop it!"

The kid threw 30 of the least stressful, easy going pitches you'll ever see tonight. He wasn't being taxed in the least bit.

We need him for an inning (or two) tomorrow, he can go.

Gotta find something to complain about.
wilmwolf
PossumJenkins said:

LIU had the game in hand. So did JMU. Win the game you're playing. Period

Amen. That's postseason baseball.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

wilmwolf said:

I've had a bad BJ before, just didn't complain at the time.
You didn't complain after either. haha
Alex Gee
Staff
The difference between 15 pitches and whatever he ended with (less than 30?) is nothing when your arm is hot.

This felt like a plan from the beginning. Highfill pulled at exactly 75. You have Fritton - Consiglio - Smith tomorrow almost guaranteed. If things get weird, Dudan can throw.
Wolfpacklife
Handled business tonight. All that matters. Win the game in front of you!
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

CoachCase
Great win! On to the next one. Go Pack!
pblanks
But you have more games than just tomorrow. Just seems odd the plan wasn't situational.
wilmwolf
CLTWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Ain't that the truth

The kid threw 30 of the least stressful, easy going pitches you'll ever see tonight. He wasn't being taxed in the least bit.

He threw less pitches in the game than he did to warmup, and all but 6-7 of them were off speed.
The Gatekeeper.
Jtilley
30 pitches he may be able to pitch tomorrow but it won't be more than 40-50 pitches max and he for sure won't pitch three days in a row. Up 7 I just don't see why waste the bullets if you don't have to? Throw a lower tier arm and if you get in a jam you still have Smith.
CLTWolf
pblanks said:

But you have more games than just tomorrow. Just seems odd the plan wasn't situational.
You realize he threw 30 pitches not 75, right?

Sam threw 76 and Jacob 30...We finished the game with 2 pitchers throwing 106 pitches and we're sitting here complaining about it.

Man...LOL
CLTWolf
wilmwolf said:

CLTWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Ain't that the truth

He threw less pitches in the game than he did to warmup, and all but 6-7 of them were off speed.
Kid didn't break a sweat tonight.
Packchem91
Wolfpacklife said:

Handled business tonight. All that matters. Win the game in front of you!

Yep, win tomorrow and all this is moot.
We need to win, avoid the extra game
pblanks
The "win the game in front of you" mentality is a silly argument. If that's the case, why not close with Smith in the 9th tonight?

I think questioning using one of your best arms up 7 during a regional that can be 4 or 5 games is fair game. Saying it's complaining is dismissive of something that should be a conversation.

Great win, beat cocks.
Alex Gee
Staff
Jtilley said:

30 pitches he may be able to pitch tomorrow but it won't be more than 40-50 pitches max and he for sure won't pitch three days in a row. Up 7 I just don't see why waste the bullets if you don't have to? Throw a lower tier arm and if you get in a jam you still have Smith.

If Fritton, Consiglio, and Smith can't get it tomorrow then you never needed the bullet IMO
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

pblanks said:

Sam threw 76 and Jacob 30...We finished the game with 2 pitchers throwing 106 pitches and we're sitting here complaining about it.

Man...LOL

I just fall in the category of save your high end RP for pressure situations. I don't care if it's in the fourth inning or the 9th.
CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

Dudan is a true FR playing in his first regional....low stress, low pitch innings to get him used to the environment. Like I said, kid didn't even break a sweat tonight.
DecaturWolf
How many arms did the chickens use?
PossumJenkins
Jtilley said:

40-50 pitches have pretty much been Dudan's max all year
Alex Gee
Staff
DecaturWolf said:

How many arms did the chickens use?

They used their Friday guy, best middle reliever for about 30, and then their closer for over 70
PossumJenkins
pblanks said:

The "win the game in front of you" mentality is a silly argument. If that's the case, why not close with Smith in the 9th tonight?

I think questioning using one of your best arms up 7 during a regional that can be 4 or 5 games is fair game. Saying it's complaining is dismissive of something that should be a conversation.

Great win, beat cocks.
I actually would have used smith in the 9th. I think he's had a long rest and could use some work. But the win the game in front of you is not a silly argument. It's the most important thing that matters.
CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

CLTWolf said:

pblanks said:

Man...LOL

I just fall in the category of save your high end RP for pressure situations. I don't care if it's in the fourth inning or the 9th.
He's still available to throw tomorrow and Sunday if you need him to in a pinch.

I mean SCar's best reliever tossed 73 stressful pitches today. He ain't throwing tomorrow.

They threw one of their better starters (my bad, I thought Good started for them. Either way he looked like sht) for 31 stressful pitches today and he got worked up a bit.

Yeah, that's tough right there. What Dudan did tonight...nothing.

CLTWolf
pblanks said:

Great win, beat cocks.
Pretty sure there's a conversation going on here...
wilmwolf
How many teams fans thought they weren't going to use their best arms today and are now in the losers bracket? Could we have won today throwing second tier arms in relief? Probably. Do y'all really wanna find out for sure? Probably not.
The Gatekeeper.
matracey
I just don't see a scenario where we absolutely need Dudan and we can't throw him again after just 30 pitches. We got 3 other really good bullpen options still completely fresh. Ideally you use at most 2 of those 3 tomorrow then you have the one that doesn't throw and Dudan available again for Sunday
James Henderson
Staff
Borowolf10 said:

James Henderson said:

Baseball coaches are so stupid.

Don't let the other team's best guy beat you. I hate coaching from a manual.

Narrator: "It absolutely was not a Catch-22"
Yeah, I'd prefer to walk Messina so I can get out the next guy (which they did).
BigLefty24
CLTWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Ain't that the truth

It's absolutely amazing that we're *****ing about this. In a day of upsets, we used two arms in an easy win. We have our entire pitching staff available for the next two (possibly three) days, and the dude they're *****ing about could literally come back on Sunday or Monday with zero impact. There's virtually zero difference between 15 pitches and 30 pitches in the game scenario Dudan was pitching in tonight.

Enjoy the win. We play again tomorrow, and then we can find something else to ***** about.

Why are we starting so and so vs South Carolina?

Why are we leaving him in so long??

Why are we wasting outs bunting to move runners over?

Why are we bringing in so and so to pitch long relief?

Its actually amazing how many Buck Schowalters we have on here every May-June.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Alex Gee
Staff
Preach. Today was a mess across college baseball. We were one of the four or five 1's to not have a stressful day. Set up really well for this weekend still.

Hell, Highfill could throw 1-2 on Monday if it got weird (shouldn't need to and probably won't but still).
PossumJenkins
I know one thing we can all agree on…i really hope my man Heavner has a huge bag of ice for his marbles.
Skylitdrive
PossumJenkins said:

I know one thing we can all agree on…i really hope my man Heavner has a huge bag of ice for his marbles.
Definitely needs to avoid the teeth bj tonight at all costs.
wilmwolf
PossumJenkins said:

The Gatekeeper.
BigLefty24
Skylitdrive said:

PossumJenkins said:

Definitely needs to avoid the teeth bj tonight at all costs.

I tried not to laugh. I really did.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

MoCoWolf
I think some of yall are forgetting that Regional Weekend is PEAK internet baseball expert season. They live for this. Don't go to a single game at the Doak, and wait to ***** about everything, One of my favorite times of year.
aqasaw234
Alex Gee said:

Preach. Today was a mess across college baseball. We were one of the four or five 1's to not have a stressful day. Set up really well for this weekend still.

Hell, Highfill could throw 1-2 on Monday if it got weird (shouldn't need to and probably won't but still).

tell me all of the gamecock lefties hit the transfer portal ?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.