NCAA Baseball Regionals all Regional Sites (Pack9 #10 seed)

105,314 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Wolfer79
toddl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
toddl said:

ClePack said:

wolfman18 said:

LSU in trouble early...down 5-0 in the first
SEC might be all bark and no bite
Counting my chickens before they hatch, here, but as of now SEC is 15-11 and ACC is 13-4. SEC has had 4 teams eliminated, ACC has had 1. Duke and Florida are both actively playing in elimination games now. ACC has 5 teams lossless so far, SEC has 4.
Dunno if ACC vs SEC is a big thing in baseball or if it's worth complaining about, but at the end of Regionals:

Record:
SEC 23-13 (64%)
ACC 18-7 (72%)

Advances to Supers:
SEC 5 out of 11
ACC 5 out of 8

Lossless teams:
SEC 4
ACC 4

Winless teams:
SEC 2
ACC 1

Head-to-Head:
ACC vs SEC 5-2
UVA vs MSST 2-0
UNC vs LSU 2-1
GT vs UGA 0-1
NCSU vs USC 1-0
DrummerboyWolf
Alex Gee said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

statefan91 said:

ClePack said:

Pitching wins regionals. Lsu doesn't have enough
True - but LSU made some dumbass mistakes. That pop up to the RF that he just dropped, and having your outfield back by the warning track when UNC has a man on 2nd and just needs a base hit to tie was so dumb.
Sure play your outfielders in and then get a ball hit over your head and the winning run is in scoring position. The base hit to tie was never going to be caught. It was a jam shot that got over the infield and wasn't hit very hard. Nobody catches that ball.

I think the right fielder misplayed the ball. He may have lost in the lights. It hit the top of his glove but he never had full control, so it wasn't a drop.
I don't know, man. They had the left fielder standing on the warning track for a guy with 2 home runs in ACC play and had one hit all weekend. This thing was catchable if he's playing halfway or normal depth.

We will have to agree to disagree. Yes he was deep but not on the warning track. It's college baseball and most of these guys have the capability to go deep. He may not do it often and if he was a left handed batter then sure play him in a few steps but since he was right handed you cannot take that chance of putting the go ahead run on 2nd or 3rd by having a ball hit over your head. Not smart baseball
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Glasswolf
Most situations teams are playing "no doubles" defense. Corners closer to the lines and outfielders a step or two deeper anyway.
Alex Gee
Staff
DrummerboyWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

statefan91 said:

ClePack said:

True - but LSU made some dumbass mistakes. That pop up to the RF that he just dropped, and having your outfield back by the warning track when UNC has a man on 2nd and just needs a base hit to tie was so dumb.
Sure play your outfielders in and then get a ball hit over your head and the winning run is in scoring position. The base hit to tie was never going to be caught. It was a jam shot that got over the infield and wasn't hit very hard. Nobody catches that ball.

I think the right fielder misplayed the ball. He may have lost in the lights. It hit the top of his glove but he never had full control, so it wasn't a drop.
I don't know, man. They had the left fielder standing on the warning track for a guy with 2 home runs in ACC play and had one hit all weekend. This thing was catchable if he's playing halfway or normal depth.

We will have to agree to disagree. Yes he was deep but not on the warning track. It's college baseball and most of these guys have the capability to go deep. He may not do it often and if he was a left handed batter then sure play him in a few steps but since he was right handed you cannot take that chance of putting the go ahead run on 2nd or 3rd by having a ball hit over your head. Not smart baseball
I mean he's quite literally a step in front of the warning track. If he's playing in a spot to catch this ball then the game might just end here instead of losing later.

You'd rather concede the tie then play for the win? I'm not even saying to play in, but playing Wilkerson on the warning track makes no sense.
DJncsu13
Looks like a no doubles defense to try to keep the potential go ahead run off second. In hindsight it didn't work out
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Alex Gee
Staff
Yeah, I just don't like that at all given the hitter and having the lead.
DrummerboyWolf
DJncsu13 said:

Looks like a no doubles defense to try to keep the potential go ahead run off second. In hindsight it didn't work out
Exactly. He was jammed and hit it off his fists to the right spot. Same with Mancini the other day in the 8th inning. Sanders said he hit it off the end of the bat and it went to the right place and he got a double. Baseball is similar to hockey in that you can get a bad bounce or a mis-hit that turns into productive at bats. 99.9% of college coaches probably have the same alignment.

I had to laugh as I had MI**** instead of MIS-HIT and it filtered it. LOL
DrummerboyWolf
Alex Gee said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

statefan91 said:

ClePack said:

I mean he's quite literally a step in front of the warning track. If he's playing in a spot to catch this ball then the game might just end here instead of losing later.

You'd rather concede the tie then play for the win? I'm not even saying to play in, but playing Wilkerson on the warning track makes no sense.

The key word is might. Yes they possibly win the game, but they also might lose in 9 because the go ahead run scored because he was too shallow.
Packforlife
DrummerboyWolf said:

statefan91 said:

ClePack said:

I don't think he was saying play them in but just play normal depth he had them on warning track any ball hit high enough to get to fence you have time to go back and catch but playing so deep you have no chance at getting to anything hit soft. Bad coaching is bad coaching. He made a couple of strange decisions in the game.
DrummerboyWolf
Packforlife said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

statefan91 said:

ClePack said:

I don't think he was saying play them in but just play normal depth he had them on warning track any ball hit high enough to get to fence you have time to go back and catch but playing so deep you have no chance at getting to anything hit soft. Bad coaching is bad coaching. He made a couple of strange decisions in the game.
Maybe those decisions were made because of information we don't have but he did. You never know who might be hurt or sick. He played the percentages and it didn't work out. That's baseball.
Wolfer79
GAMES BEGIN FRIDAY, JUNE 7 - All times are Eastern
Note: Game times and ESPN Network subject to change

Evansville (38-24) at No. 1 Tennessee (53-11)
3 p.m. (ESPN2), 11 a.m. (ESPN2), 6 p.m. (ESPNU)
UConn (35-24) at No. 8 Florida St. (45-15)
noon (ESPN), 11 a.m. (ESPN), noon (ESPN2)
Kansas St. (35-24) at No. 12 Virginia (44-15)
7 p.m. (ESPNU), 3 p.m. (ESPNU), 3 p.m. (ESPNU)
West Virginia (36-22) at No. 4 North Carolina (45-14)
6 p.m. (ESPN2), 8 p.m. (ESPN2), 3 p.m. (ESPN2)

GAMES BEGIN SATURDAY, JUNE 8 All times are Eastern
Note: Game times and ESPN Network subject to change

No. 15 Oregon St. (45-14) at No. 2 Kentucky (43-14)
6 p.m. (ESPNU), 9 p.m. (ESPNU), TBD (TBD)
No. 10 NC State (36-20) at No. 7 Georgia (42-15)
noon (ESPNU), 12 noon (ESPNU), TBD (TBD)
Florida (32-28) at No. 6 Clemson (44-14)
2 p.m. (ESPN), 2:30 p.m. (ESPN), TBD (TBD)
Oregon (40-18) at No. 3 Texas A&M (47-13)
2 p.m. (ESPN2), 7:30 p.m. (ESPN2), TBD (TBD)

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2024-06-04/8-super-regional-hosts-and-game-times-announced-2024-ncaa-division-i-baseball
Wolfer79
BigLefty24
I mean....he's got a point, lol.

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Nate97
BigLefty24 said:

I'd rather play UConn at 3am than Georgia any time of day. They should quit whining, understand and appreciate why you have a bad game time.
BigLefty24
Nate97 said:

BigLefty24 said:

I'd rather play UConn at 3am than Georgia any time of day. They should quit whining, understand and appreciate why you have a bad game time.

They didn't pick UCONN. UCONN won the regional that had #9 national seed Oklahoma and ACC Tournament winner and top 10 team Duke.

And now someone had the bright idea to play three games in Tallahassee Florida with all three start times between 11am-12pm.

Stupid.

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

FLWolf
I assume it is TV making these calls
Glasswolf
FLWolf said:

I assume it is TV making these calls
TV dictates everything.
DJncsu13
Could be concerns over afternoon thunderstorms and tarp issues in Tallahassee.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
wilmwolf
FSU played their first regional game on ACCN, and the rest of their regional games were night games on ESPN+. All of their super regional games are on ESPN or ESPN2. The networks want to fill the whole day with games, so that means someone has to play early. ESPN actually probably consider it a prime TV slot since it's on the big network and there's nothing else competing with it.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
toddl
Staff
FSU-UConn on ESPN at Noon Fri, 11:00 Sat, ESPN2 Noon Sun
UT-UE on ESPN2 at 3:00 Fri, 11:00 Sat, ESPNU 6:00 Sun
UNC-WVU on ESPN2 at 6:00 Fri, 8:00 Sat, 3:00 Sun
UVA-KSU on ESPNU at 7:00 Fri, 3:00 Sat, 3:00 Sun

NCSU-UGA on ESPNU at Noon Sat, Noon Sun, ? Mon
Clem-UF on ESPN at 2:00 Sat, 2:30 Sun, ? Mon
TAM-OU on ESPN2 at 2:00 Sat, 7:30 Sun, ? Mon
UK-OSU on ESPNU at 6:00 Sat, 9:00 Sun, ? Mon

Keep crying.
BigLefty24
DJncsu13 said:

Could be concerns over afternoon thunderstorms and tarp issues in Tallahassee.

Yea, I thought about that as well
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Wolfer79
Tom Hart
Ben McDonald
Athens

Wolfer79
College Baseball
NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament
Super Regionals Best of Three Series
Tallahassee Super Regional
Game 1, Mike Martin Field Dick Howser Stadium, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Announcers: Mike Ferrin/Gaby Sanchez
UConn vs. Florida State ESPN, noon

Knoxville Super Regional
Game 1, Lindsey Nelson Stadium, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Announcers: Clay Matvick/Gregg Olson
Evansville vs. Tennessee ESPN2, 3 p.m

Chapel Hill Super Regional
Game 1, Cary C. Boshamer Stadium, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Announcers: Mike Monaco/Kyle Peterson
West Virginia vs. North Carolina ESPN2, 6 p.m

Charlottesville Super Regional
Game 1, Davenport Field at Disharoon Park, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Announcers: Roy Philpott/Devon Travis
Kansas State vs. Virginia ESPNU, 7 p.m.
FLWolf
FSU killing UConn 5-0
Glasswolf
FLWolf said:

FSU killing UConn 5-0
8-0
Glasswolf
9-1
Alex Gee
Staff
Y'all ready for the cheating Christian Mracna to all of a sudden throw with 200+ more RPM's?
DJncsu13
Alex Gee said:

Y'all ready for the cheating Christian Mracna to all of a sudden throw with 200+ more RPM's?
Is that the Georgia pitcher who was putting something on his glove? I remember seeing that video of him in the bullpen... did that ever get looked into?
BigLefty24
welcome to the ACC UCONN

15-1, with three still left to play
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Glasswolf
Alex Gee said:

Hopefully Avent has been made aware and he can bring it up after he's been pitching an inning or so. He won't start off using anything. Need to be patient.
Realsouthwolf
BigLefty24 said:

welcome to the ACC UCONN

2021 Super Regional

Arkansas: 21
NC State: 2

tau06
Realsouthwolf said:

BigLefty24 said:

welcome to the ACC UCONN

2021 Super Regional

Slightly different lol
Alex Gee
Staff
BigLefty24
Realsouthwolf said:

BigLefty24 said:

welcome to the ACC UCONN

2021 Super Regional

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

BigLefty24
24-1 and counting. I'm pretty sure I've got two hits this game.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.