NCAA Baseball Regionals all Regional Sites (Pack9 #10 seed)

105,288 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tom OBriens Smile said:

toddl said:

Is the CWS a different format this year? What's all this talk about UVA vs UNC and FSU vs UT/UE?
Nope - it will still essentially be a Regional format, those would be the first games on that side.

1 UT or Evansville
8 FSU

12 UVA
4 UNC-CH
Pretty sure those matchups will be on the first day of the CWS because those Supers started on Friday. Not sure if it's Friday or Saturday that the CWS starts. If we advance, I believe our side of the bracket will be the 2nd day of the CWS.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
tau06
DrummerboyWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Tom OBriens Smile said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

Jordan said:

Surely this luck runs out in Omaha. I wasn't so sure that guy was going to throw 3 strikes there at the end

UNC's luck doesn't often run out unfortunately. Knowing them, Evansville will beat Tenn and give them a cakewalk to the cws finals
If Evansville can go into Greenville and beat ECU and then go into Knoxville and beat UT, then wouldn't you have to assume that they are playing pretty good baseball and are a force. Baseball is a different animal in that anyone can beat any one else. Just because they are not a "name" school doesn't mean they aren't good.
Well that side of the bracket is:

Evansville/Tennessee vs Florida State
Virginia vs UNC-CH

So theyll have to at least play UVA regardless.

And we're 62.5% of the way to the All-ACC/SEC CWS.

Evansville, Oregon, and Oregon State are all that remain and all have a loss.
Yes and the poster above I quoted just thinks that UNC will have a cakewalk. They might win their side of the bracket but it won't be easy.

They were paired with the weakest regional matchup for a super. If they were to get Evansville instead of Tennessee, yes that would be incredibly lucky lol. Evansville is not a force. They're not bad, but they're certainly not Tennessee.
But if they get there, they ended up beating Tennessee twice on their home field. So what does that say about Tennessee which has been ranked #1 pretty much all year? It's baseball and anything can happen.

SEC may be all bark no bite this year….
DrummerboyWolf
tau06 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Tom OBriens Smile said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

Jordan said:

Surely this luck runs out in Omaha. I wasn't so sure that guy was going to throw 3 strikes there at the end

UNC's luck doesn't often run out unfortunately. Knowing them, Evansville will beat Tenn and give them a cakewalk to the cws finals
If Evansville can go into Greenville and beat ECU and then go into Knoxville and beat UT, then wouldn't you have to assume that they are playing pretty good baseball and are a force. Baseball is a different animal in that anyone can beat any one else. Just because they are not a "name" school doesn't mean they aren't good.
Well that side of the bracket is:

Evansville/Tennessee vs Florida State
Virginia vs UNC-CH

So theyll have to at least play UVA regardless.

And we're 62.5% of the way to the All-ACC/SEC CWS.

Evansville, Oregon, and Oregon State are all that remain and all have a loss.
Yes and the poster above I quoted just thinks that UNC will have a cakewalk. They might win their side of the bracket but it won't be easy.

They were paired with the weakest regional matchup for a super. If they were to get Evansville instead of Tennessee, yes that would be incredibly lucky lol. Evansville is not a force. They're not bad, but they're certainly not Tennessee.
But if they get there, they ended up beating Tennessee twice on their home field. So what does that say about Tennessee which has been ranked #1 pretty much all year? It's baseball and anything can happen.

SEC may be all bark no bite this year….
Very possibly as the ACC has showed well with already 3 teams in Omaha. Still going into Tennessee and losing the first game, then coming back and winning 2 would be a significant achievement by the Purple Aces and they will not be an easy out as some suggest.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
Pack9 will be the home team today.

ClePack
DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

Jordan said:

Yes, true, Not like basketball where each Cinderella's time always runs out, baseball you have a chance. Still, i'd be lying if I said evansville is a better team than tenn in any way. Just don't want to see UNC get the easy way out anymore
Travlnwolf
Glasswolf said:

Pack9 will be the home team today.

Huge. Strike while the iron is hot!
ClePack
wrong thread
Tom OBriens Smile
DrummerboyWolf said:

Tom OBriens Smile said:

toddl said:

Is the CWS a different format this year? What's all this talk about UVA vs UNC and FSU vs UT/UE?
Nope - it will still essentially be a Regional format, those would be the first games on that side.

1 UT or Evansville
8 FSU

12 UVA
4 UNC-CH
Pretty sure those matchups will be on the first day of the CWS because those Supers started on Friday. Not sure if it's Friday or Saturday that the CWS starts. If we advance, I believe our side of the bracket will be the 2nd day of the CWS.
Pretty sure that's correct as well - and it starts on Friday so we'd be on Saturday at 2pm or 7pm.
Wolfer79

wilmwolf
Things getting spicy in Clemson. Pretty dumb. Caglianone blocks first base line after fielding a dribbler, runner runs into him, everyone gets in their feels. One Clemson guy ejected after about ten minutes of review. Not crying any tears for either of these teams, but the whole thing was dumb.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Glasswolf
wilmwolf said:

Things getting spicy in Clemson. Pretty dumb. Caglianone blocks first base line after fielding a dribbler, runner runs into him, everyone gets in their feels. One Clemson guy ejected after about ten minutes of review. Not crying any tears for either of these teams, but the whole thing was dumb.
Florida close to sending Clemson(ing) packing. Clemson walks Caglianone with 2 out and no one on to pitch to Wilson who has just 1 HR all season. Wilson goes yard. 9-6 T9

Glasswolf
Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Florida close to sending Clemson(ing) packing. Clemson walks Caglianone with 2 out and no one on to pitch to Wilson who has just 1 HR all season. Wilson goes yard. 9-6 T9

Spoke too soon.

wilmwolf
Florida let Clemson's best player beat (tie) them.
The Gatekeeper.
BigLefty24
oh my God what a fkkin catch. Holy *****
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Glasswolf
BigLefty24 said:

Catch of the year IMHO

BigLefty24
Glasswolf said:

BigLefty24 said:

Catch of the year IMHO

That may be the best catch (considering the circumstances) that I have ever seen.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Glasswolf
BigLefty24 said:

Glasswolf said:

BigLefty24 said:

Catch of the year IMHO

That may be the best catch (considering the circumstances) that I have ever seen.
It's as good as I've ever seen

kmb717
How does O'Sullivan not get roasted for having his reliever throw 60+ pitches in two straight outings within 24 hours?
wilmwolf
My man's name is Titsworth and his number is "00"? That's chef's kiss worthy.
The Gatekeeper.
wilmwolf
And **** is still crazy at Clemson, two coaches ejected after go ahead home run.
The Gatekeeper.
BigLefty24
this Florida/Clemson game is one of the best college baseball games you'll ever see.. it's got everything..

1. early game scuffle resulting in ejections
2. 9th inning 3 run homer to send it to extras
3. the beat defensuve catch I've ever seen to prevent a Florida walkoff
4. a two strike homer by Clemson to take the lead in the 13th
5. an epic bat spike to get the Clemson home run hitter ejected.
6. a retired Jack Leggett coming out of the Clemson bench to raise hell getting himself ejected, followed by Eric Bakich getting tossed and losing his ***** Both Leggett and Bakich suspended for two games.

And the game is STILL going on..lol.

Awesome
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Alex Gee
Staff
There's been some terrible umpiring this weekend. That just really pissed me off.
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

There's been some terrible umpiring this weekend. That just really pissed me off.

It's been so bad. Supposed to be a showcase for the sport.
The Gatekeeper.
BigLefty24
Alex Gee said:

At this point in the season, the umps have to be able to listen to some sh*t without overreacting.. if those umps aren't sitting out there having a five minute circle jerk on the mound, Leggett and Bakich aren't raising hell.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Alex Gee
Staff
I mean can you imagine hitting that home run in that spot and NOT showing emotion? He turned to his bench and slammed the bat. I just don't get it, man. Let the kids play and have fun.

And you're totally right. Made it completely about themselves in one of the better games I've seen this year.
BigLefty24
agree..it would have been completely different if the kid had directed ANYTHING at Florida or any of their players.

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

wilmwolf
Thought the Florida guy's foot was out of the box on that sac bunt.
The Gatekeeper.
BigLefty24
damn. I actually feel bad for Clemson. They battled their ass off that game.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

ClePack
What an insane game
BigLefty24
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

I40Wolf
Alex Gee said:

I mean can you imagine hitting that home run in that spot and NOT showing emotion? He turned to his bench and slammed the bat. I just don't get it, man. Let the kids play and have fun.

And you're totally right. Made it completely about themselves in one of the better games I've seen this year.
The weird thing is that after a batter pop it up and slams or throws his bat in disgust, nothing is said of it.
78wilsonpack
Total Oregon meltdown tonight
78wilsonpack
The meltdown continues
toddl
Staff
Walk
Single, advance
Strike out
Walk, bases loaded
Walk a runner home
Strike out
Walk a runner home
HBP a runner home
Walk a runner home
Walk a runner home
Grand slam
Walk
Steal
Fly out

9 runs. Yikes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.