NCAA Baseball Regionals all Regional Sites (Pack9 #10 seed)

105,292 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Wolfer79
Wolfpacklife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Borowolf10 said:

ECU fans seem completely incapable of understanding strength of schedule. Truly one of the dumbest fanbases in the country.

They are up there with unc fans for me for mainly this reason. Also it doesn't help they are almost always unc fans too haha
Pack Grad married to Pack Grad

CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

ThomasEvans said:

6 teams in NC make the tourney. Pretty unbelievable and they were all locks.

I say it all the time. This state is loaded with prep baseball talent. Only states better are Fl, CA, TX, and maybe Georgia but I would say they are relatively equal.
I'm sorry but the state of Georgia cranks out more talent than NC does.

We have a lot of talent but not enough to sustain the public schools plus usc, clemson, va tech, etc coming in and taking talent as well. Then the in state privates take their player or two each cycle along with SEC schools grabbing a couple.

Thank goodness for Chris Hart and his connections in the state of Florida, that actually is loaded with talent.
Cobb and Fulton county alone might pump out more baseball prep players than NC.
it's moved up into Forsyth and Gwinnett as well.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
StateFan2001
Yep
StateFan2001
We should be cleaning this state but we don't.
M_A
Wolfpacklife said:

Borowolf10 said:

ECU fans seem completely incapable of understanding strength of schedule. Truly one of the dumbest fanbases in the country.

They are up there with unc fans for me for mainly this reason. Also it doesn't help they are almost always unc fans too haha
Was going to say, they just are UNC fans
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

lol ok.
Glasswolf
SC/JMU is set for 2 PM Friday. State/Bryant at 7 PM Friday
ClePack
StateFan2001 said:

Just curious, why? Why not UNC? Why not ecu? Both have better facilities than us. Imo we do well to compete with everyone in the state to acquire talent.
Glasswolf
ClePack said:

StateFan2001 said:

Just curious, why? Why not UNC? Why not ecu? Both have better facilities than us. Imo we do well to compete with everyone in the state to acquire talent.
Wake as as good or better facilities than we do also.
CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

ClePack said:

StateFan2001 said:

they don't recruit the state very much. They sign maybe 2 guys a cycle and usually it's just one. Same as duke.
Jtilley
Go look at the number of guys from NJ-NY alone from UNC/Duke.

Duke cares more about post grad Ivy kids than recruiting the state of NC.
CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

I counted 20 NC guys on unc's roster and 22 on ours. But duke and wake definitely look outside the state for dudes.
Glasswolf
CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

ClePack said:

StateFan2001 said:

they don't recruit the state very much. They sign maybe 2 guys a cycle and usually it's just one. Same as duke.
Understood, but the fact remains we are still behind in the facilities dept. We don't have all these built in advantages like some think.
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

ClePack said:

StateFan2001 said:

Another thing to add is scholarship breakdown. If a kid is offered 50% ride to ECU or 20% ride to State which one you think they are taking?

There's a ton more that goes into baseball scholarships than just picking the school. I am still amazed at the number of crazy travel ball parents I met that have no idea how many scholarships baseball gets.
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

Jtilley said:

I counted 20 NC guys on unc's roster and 22 on ours. But duke and wake definitely look outside the state for dudes.
Duke and Wake are always going to have more mid Atlantic/Northeast kids.

I had Duke coach tell me one time (Before Pollard) "We recruit two types of kids: The ones who can afford to pay their way here and the ones who cant pay a dime."
CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

CLTWolf said:

Jtilley said:

Duke and Wake are always going to have more mid Atlantic/Northeast kids.

I had Duke coach tell me one time (Before Pollard) "We recruit two types of kids: The ones who can afford to pay their way here and the ones who cant pay a dime."
Pretty much all coaches have to take that route in college baseball, right! haha

Pretty sure duke is taking the Vandy route but I don't know that for sure.
CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

CLTWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

ClePack said:

StateFan2001 said:

Another thing to add is scholarship breakdown. If a kid is offered 50% ride to ECU or 20% ride to State which one you think they are taking?

There's a ton more that goes into baseball scholarships than just picking the school. I am still amazed at the number of crazy travel ball parents I met that have no idea how many scholarships baseball gets.
No doubt.

Travel ball man...if my 7 year old stays into baseball, he's not playing a ton of travel ball. Just ain't happening.
StateFan2001
Both State and UNC should be cleaning up the ridiculous amount of talent in this state. Very very few kids are picking to go to ECU over State. Like probably none that aren't some sort of legacy or live in Greenville. We have let Wake become very fashionable over the last couple years. Make no mistake State is very well positioned to recruit this state- as good or better than any other school.
StateFan2001
Been through it all. Pluses and minuses with travel ball. You are in the extreme minority though if you aren't playing travel ball once you get to the big field.
StateFan2001
Not true anymore. Look at the 26 class and they already have more than 2 or 3 from NC/SC.
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

Not true anymore. Look at the 26 class and they already have more than 2 or 3 from NC/SC.
Cool....a class that doesn't graduate for another couple years and if those 5 stick that will be the most is a VERY long time. Why did you add SC? Weird.
tau06
StateFan2001 said:

Both State and UNC should be cleaning up the ridiculous amount of talent in this state. Very very few kids are picking to go to ECU over State. Like probably none that aren't some sort of legacy or live in Greenville. We have let Wake become very fashionable over the last couple years. Make no mistake State is very well positioned to recruit this state- as good or better than any other school.

State hasn't "let" Wake become fashionable. They have been very successful developing pitchers and as much as we want o clown on the pitching lab it's a huge recruiting tool and being copied by most programs now. Along with that Wake has a ton of donor money flowing to the Baseball program. Almost every single player on their roster is getting a full scholarship by way of donors. My parents are sponsoring a kid who barely even plays and he's getting paid full way. And then their is NIL $ as well. That's a huge advantage over what NCSU traditionally can offer. Those are just the facts of it
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

Been through it all. Pluses and minuses with travel ball. You are in the extreme minority though if you aren't playing travel ball once you get to the big field.
I played college ball, I've been around the travel world and those people in addition to knowing many HS and college coaches. I'm plenty knowledgeable about the subject but thanks.
StateFan2001
They have become a significant factor of late in this State. 2026 class is on deck at this point. 2o24 is done and 2025 is well along.
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

They have become a significant factor of late in this State. 2026 class is on deck at this point. 2o24 is done and 2025 is well along.
no sht?

We've got 5 '26 commits and all 5 are from NC. I'm also willing to beat you that one or two of those 5 end up signing elsewhere just like with Wake's guys. I see it every year, especially when many of those '26 kids committed before the new rules went into effect. Some of those kids won't progress and grow by the time '25/'26 rolls around and then end up at Queens or Western.
BigLefty24
State and ECU are the only two teams that have consistently focused on adding North Carolina kids.

UNC was notorious for passing on NC kids under Mike Fox, and it was a serious bone of contention amongst high school coaches within the state. Forbes has made NC kids more of a focus in the last several years, but you could argue that a lot of that is out of necessity due to the fact that the UNC baseball brand has really suffered in the past decade plus, and recruiting nationally has become much more difficult.

Duke and Wake don't really even seem to try to focus on NC. That could simply be due to the fact that the top tier talent in NC is being nabbed by State, UNC, and ECU at this point, and those two are being forced to look elsewhere for the type if talent they need to field a top program.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

CLTWolf
BigLefty24 said:

State and ECU are the only two teams that have consistently focused on adding North Carolina kids.

UNC was notorious for passing on NC kids under Mike Fox, and it was a serious bone of contention amongst high school coaches within the state. Forbes has made NC kids more of a focus in the last several years, but you could argue that a lot of that is out of necessity due to the fact that the UNC baseball brand has really suffered in the past decade plus, and recruiting nationally has become much more difficult.

Duke and Wake don't really even seem to try to focus on NC. That could simply be due to the fact that the top tier talent in NC is being nabbed by State, UNC, and ECU at this point, and those two are being forced to look elsewhere for the type if talent they need to field a top program.
We really had a hard time with instate kids until Chris Hart took over as RC and Elliott "changed" (whatever that means just what I was told by former players I know).

I don't know that unc passed on NC kids more so that they treated them like sht when they got to campus. Fox really pissed off a lot of people by "cutting" certain NC kids in the fall. I know this basically happens everywhere but apparently the way he did it was not well received.

I played legion ball with Scott Forbes when I was a FR in HS and he's just a solid, good dude. He's not gonna overlook the state but he's also not gonna stop hitting the midwest (MN), VA and NJ where he's got many a contact. They also don't have agents funneling kids to them anymore like they did for most of the Fox tenure. haha

BigLefty24
Fox was also widely known for abusing pitching arms and ending careers.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

wilmwolf
Considering that more than half of our starting lineup this year are transfers, and most of those guys have been our best players, I have a hard time getting worked up about recruiting one way or another. Our staff has shown they can do a tremendous job identifying talent in transfers and JUCO guys, and given the nature of NIL right now where other teams can just take your best recruits, that's a good skill to have.

Also, we're hosting a regional as one of the best teams in the country, that's pretty cool to talk about too.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Hodog16
I figured they sent Wake to ECU's region in case Wake advances, so it'll be Burns versus Tennessee.

In that same vein though surprised LSU didn't take South Carolina's spot against us.
Wolfer79
Not just unc-ch/NC State

ESPN accidentally uses Kansas graphic for Kansas State during NCAA baseball selection show

WarrenPeace
Hodog16 said:

I figured they sent Wake to ECU's region in case Wake advances, so it'll be Burns versus Tennessee.

In that same vein though surprised LSU didn't take South Carolina's spot against us.

Man. That would've been fun
aqasaw234
WarrenPeace said:

Hodog16 said:

Man. That would've been fun

hard pass ! give me the gamecocks in raleigh all day

tommy white would've sucked up ALL the oxygen in this regional if we drew lsu. would've got old/annoying real quick. let him hit bombs in chapel hill til his heart is content !
aqasaw234
just got a chance to listen to the d1baseball pod. kendall on the wolfpack bandwagon again! let's ride

"they are ultra scary. i've got nc state getting all the way to omaha.
Alex Gee
Staff
Coastal jumped all over Vandy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.