NCAA Baseball Regionals all Regional Sites (Pack9 #10 seed)

105,293 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Wolfer79
tau06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

Dudan came in up 5 with a guy on base. If you bring in a different guy there, maybe they go yard, and now you're in a three run game. Looking at the scores from yesterday, a LOT of higher seeds lost or played in very close games. We could've won a closer game having lesser guys pitch, but why mess around and find out? We still have 6 of our top 7 pitchers available today, if you can't win two games with 6 of your best pitchers left, then none of it matters.
You can always go to Dudan later if those things happen. Let Bryant cut it to 2 and then go to Dudan if you need to and it's not like we were done scoring.

From that point on we scored two more runs as well so it ended up being a 7-run win vs. the doomsday scenario of Bryant scoring 5 to tie it.

I'd agree with that last line if we definitively only had to play 2 more games. You may have to play 4.

It's like we want to get be in a game Monday saying, "Well, we have no pitching left."

Nobody has any pitching left for a Monday game lol
There aren't teams who can pitch a 4th game? I'm confused by this.

If you get to Monday basically everyone has thrown everything you got and nobody has pitching left. What's confusing?
James Henderson
Staff
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Dudan came in up 5 with a guy on base. If you bring in a different guy there, maybe they go yard, and now you're in a three run game. Looking at the scores from yesterday, a LOT of higher seeds lost or played in very close games. We could've won a closer game having lesser guys pitch, but why mess around and find out? We still have 6 of our top 7 pitchers available today, if you can't win two games with 6 of your best pitchers left, then none of it matters.

It's almost like people around here didn't pay attention to all the close games yesterday where the 1 (or 2) seeds had to win in walk off fashion after throwing their best guys in high leverage situations. We're over here complaining about a true FR getting some easy run super stress free not affecting his availability the rest of the weekend at all.

What are we doing? Haha

Bro those teams were in tight games throughout or had to come from behind late.

How many of them were up 7-1 in the 7th?

I'd rather have had Dudan full go tonight for USC's lineup and still be able to hold Consiglio if needed for Sunday/Monday because I like the Whitaker/Consiglio pairing. I don't like throwing Consiglio with Fritton.

But we'll see how it plays out and hopefully it doesn't matter. Watching Dudan last night was like watching Billy Madison play basketball. No need.
Dudan would be a full go tonight for USC if we wanted to go to him. This is what people don't understand, he's not on a pitch count. He didn't throw 75 fastballs at 98 MPH taxing his arm limiting him to how long he could go on his next outing.

Yeah, a lot of those teams were in tight games using their top of the line guys, that's the point. We gave a FR a glorified bullpen session to get his feet wet in a regional setting.

Our two pitchers threw 106 total pitches last night....that's so damn efficient that we could see Sam again if needed on a Monday. Dudan is still fresh as well.

I'll say it again, what are we doing here? haha

We gotta have something to talk about, that's for sure.

Dudan avg around 50 plus pitches his last 3 outings.

You think he can go that much tonight now? His talent and age, no way I see that so I don't think he's now full go.
James Henderson
Staff
tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

You can always go to Dudan later if those things happen. Let Bryant cut it to 2 and then go to Dudan if you need to and it's not like we were done scoring.

From that point on we scored two more runs as well so it ended up being a 7-run win vs. the doomsday scenario of Bryant scoring 5 to tie it.

I'd agree with that last line if we definitively only had to play 2 more games. You may have to play 4.

It's like we want to get be in a game Monday saying, "Well, we have no pitching left."

If you get to Monday basically everyone has thrown everything you got and nobody has pitching left. What's confusing?

So everyone is out of pitching after 3 games? Odd
Cthepack
James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

You saw our mid week game records, right? We still will have pitching but it is not the ones you see on the weekend.
Alex Gee
Staff
If this thing plays they way we seem to have planned it out you're gonna get 3ish innings of Dudan to either win the regional or extend your stay after having 3 of your 5 best arms try to keep you in winners today.

2 of those 3 have allowed 5 runs total in their last 33 combined innings.
wilmwolf
Cthepack said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

You saw our mid week game records, right? We still will have pitching but it is not the ones you see on the weekend.

Right. Any team playing on Monday has already played three games, which barring a really dominant performance from one of their starters, they will have used at least 5-6 of their top arms. And if they make it to Monday, that means they've lost a game, and if they still have top tier pitching left for Monday, then it would beg the question of why they didn't use them in the game they lost.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

It's almost like people around here didn't pay attention to all the close games yesterday where the 1 (or 2) seeds had to win in walk off fashion after throwing their best guys in high leverage situations. We're over here complaining about a true FR getting some easy run super stress free not affecting his availability the rest of the weekend at all.

What are we doing? Haha

Bro those teams were in tight games throughout or had to come from behind late.

How many of them were up 7-1 in the 7th?

I'd rather have had Dudan full go tonight for USC's lineup and still be able to hold Consiglio if needed for Sunday/Monday because I like the Whitaker/Consiglio pairing. I don't like throwing Consiglio with Fritton.

But we'll see how it plays out and hopefully it doesn't matter. Watching Dudan last night was like watching Billy Madison play basketball. No need.
Dudan would be a full go tonight for USC if we wanted to go to him. This is what people don't understand, he's not on a pitch count. He didn't throw 75 fastballs at 98 MPH taxing his arm limiting him to how long he could go on his next outing.

Yeah, a lot of those teams were in tight games using their top of the line guys, that's the point. We gave a FR a glorified bullpen session to get his feet wet in a regional setting.

Our two pitchers threw 106 total pitches last night....that's so damn efficient that we could see Sam again if needed on a Monday. Dudan is still fresh as well.

I'll say it again, what are we doing here? haha

We gotta have something to talk about, that's for sure.

Dudan avg around 50 plus pitches his last 3 outings.

You think he can go that much tonight now? His talent and age, no way I see that so I don't think he's now full go.
The end of April he threw 40 pitches against Ball State and then 2 days later threw 48 pitches going 4 innings against UNCW...so I say again, what are we even doing with all this bellyaching.

Why would you use him that much tonight? You literally have everyone else available and Cooper Consiglio has been as good out of the pen as well from the left side. If you wanted to use Dudan for an inning tonight you could but you shouldn't need to. DRock can give you 2 innings easy at the end to close (if needed). If Fritton gives you 5-6 then you have Consiglio, Marohn and/or DRock to finish it and we could go Dudan if needed but you shouldn't need him. Sunday rolls around Dudan could go no problem after only throwing 30 extremely low stress pitches last night.

People still continue to ignore the efficiency that was last night. All good tho.

Bas2020
Are we on normal tv tonight ?
Packamylase
Bas2020 said:

Normal ESPN+ on the app.
Wolfpack91
Bas2020 said:

No just ESPN+. ACCN gave the time slot to Miss St. vs UVA.
wilmwolf
ESPN+ still according to the broadcast schedule.
The Gatekeeper.
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

"out"? Nah but most teams sure will be throwing guys on short rest or using some very inexperienced arms in a big time situation.
WilmingtonPackman777
What time is the game tonight?
M_A
I'm liking this Wake-ECU game. Whoever loses, I win
James Henderson
Staff
Cthepack said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

Gotcha
BigLefty24
M_A said:

I'm liking this Wake-ECU game. Whoever loses, I win

Wake has 5 hits through almost two full games. Two of them are infield singles.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

braz213
Pack31
James Henderson said:

Pack31 said:

pblanks said:

The "win the game in front of you" mentality is a silly argument. If that's the case, why not close with Smith in the 9th tonight?

I think questioning using one of your best arms up 7 during a regional that can be 4 or 5 games is fair game. Saying it's complaining is dismissive of something that should be a conversation.

Great win, beat cocks.

Because we were able to save other arms, hold him to 30, and not give Bryant any breathing room. I saw us start handing out runs in the VT game using our lesser arms late. And it was a meaningless game. Whats 15 more pitches going to do? He will be available Sunday. Same as if he hadn't pitched really. Prob good for 40-50 pitches at least then
My issue with pitching Dudan isn't the 15 more pitches, its you shouldn't go to him at all up 5 in the seventh against Bryant.

That looked like a Little League game for him, as it should have. I'd prefer to use our best "stuff" guy against USC's lineup as much as possible, which could be two appearances, and maybe they do go back to him tonight.

We'll see.

It's college baseball and anything can happen. Alot of runs can be scored quickly. Again, I look at the VT game when we were up 10 and gave up 3 or 4 with low end pitching in. That happens and we end up using him anyway, or even or Smith even. We can argue all day. I have no issue with it
Pack31
StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

Pack31 said:

pblanks said:

The "win the game in front of you" mentality is a silly argument. If that's the case, why not close with Smith in the 9th tonight?

I think questioning using one of your best arms up 7 during a regional that can be 4 or 5 games is fair game. Saying it's complaining is dismissive of something that should be a conversation.

Great win, beat cocks.

Because we were able to save other arms, hold him to 30, and not give Bryant any breathing room. I saw us start handing out runs in the VT game using our lesser arms late. And it was a meaningless game. Whats 15 more pitches going to do? He will be available Sunday. Same as if he hadn't pitched really. Prob good for 40-50 pitches at least then
My issue with pitching Dudan isn't the 15 more pitches, its you shouldn't go to him at all up 5 in the seventh against Bryant.

That looked like a Little League game for him, as it should have. I'd prefer to use our best "stuff" guy against USC's lineup as much as possible, which could be two appearances, and maybe they do go back to him tonight.

We'll see.

Yup nailed it.
obsess much lol. Wanna cookie?
Nairo
You hold Marohn in the back pocket in case you get to Monday.

wilmwolf said:

Cthepack said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

tau06 said:

James Henderson said:

wilmwolf said:

Right. Any team playing on Monday has already played three games, which barring a really dominant performance from one of their starters, they will have used at least 5-6 of their top arms. And if they make it to Monday, that means they've lost a game, and if they still have top tier pitching left for Monday, then it would beg the question of why they didn't use them in the game they lost.
ClePack
9th inning of ecu wake is insane right now
GoPack2003
Choke Pie-Rats!!!
wolfman18
Just walked to tie the game up, hate to see it.
wilmwolf
ECU looking like they're going to **** the bed
The Gatekeeper.
Hodog16
Wow once you get into the bullpen in college games it can go off the rails so quickly.
BigLefty24
the last three outs in these regionals/CWS are so hard to get.

The wide throw on the bunt could end up haunting ECU. Wake has hit one ball this entire inining that has exceeded about 10 mph.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

wilmwolf
wilmwolf said:

ECU looking like they're going to **** the bed

Housekeeping changed the sheets on the bed, and now Wake is ****ting it.
The Gatekeeper.
SniderFC
Wow this Wake-ECU game is nuts!
BigLefty24
those last three outs are a b*tch.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

GoPack2003
Burn the damn lab down!
Hodog16
Wake goes with Sunday starter to close since closer pitched yesterday, and ECU ties it up with bases loaded zero outs. Finally brings closer in but too late. Crazy 9th inning.
WilmingtonPackman777
Dang ECU, made Wake think they had a chance, then made them cry.
M_A
Pitching lab
DecaturWolf
ECTC have any pitchers left?
I40Wolf
DecaturWolf said:

ECTC have any pitchers left?

They could have every pitcher they threw in the ninth ready to go in 15 minutes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.