NCAA Baseball Regionals all Regional Sites (Pack9 #10 seed)

105,277 Views | 1370 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Wolfer79
PKAwolfpacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
Scwuffpak said:

wilmwolf said:

So.... what we complaining about tonight?
Why did we have to use 3 pitchers tonight? We only used 2 last night. Who is going to pitch now? This is terrible
nailed it
PKAwolfpacker
wilmwolf
PKAwolfpacker said:

Dude we don't win this game without Derrick smith closing the door. You guys should go out on a date

They are clearly kidding friend. It's all in good fun.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Scwuffpak
Obviously this was a joke. Some of you have had too much Savage Wolves Vodka tonight. We played amazing. I have no complaints.
Kmcpack
wilmwolf said:

How bout the umpires. I was yelling at the tv all night.
cwolf
wilmwolf said:

It took our closer 25 pitches to get 5 outs. He's toast now!
Scwuffpak
Kmcpack said:

wilmwolf said:

I swear we are the only team in the country that doesn't get home cooking
Glasswolf
Tomas93 said:

I don't think JMU and USC have a ton of pitching depth. I guess we are going to find out. Going to be nice watching them battle it out tomorrow in the early game and burn a few more of their arms for the right to play us. I could see that game going either way. Sitting in the catbird seat now...just got to finish when the time comes.
Hope it goes 10-12 innings with a crap load of hits, walks, HR's, HBP, Balks and what ever else a pitcher can do.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

PossumJenkins
wilmwolf said:

The umpiring crew for sure
Glasswolf
Scwuffpak said:

Kmcpack said:

wilmwolf said:

Well 1st calls home plate tomorrow so we shall see.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Kmcpack
Scwuffpak said:

Kmcpack said:

wilmwolf said:

Man I watched some of early part of the holes game. Home cooking and then some with those fools.
wilmwolf
PossumJenkins said:

wilmwolf said:

The umpiring crew for sure

This is definitely the only serious answer to the question.
The Gatekeeper.
Travlnwolf
Kmcpack said:

wilmwolf said:

They sucked.

CLTWolf
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

wilmwolf said:

Dudan came in up 5 with a guy on base. If you bring in a different guy there, maybe they go yard, and now you're in a three run game. Looking at the scores from yesterday, a LOT of higher seeds lost or played in very close games. We could've won a closer game having lesser guys pitch, but why mess around and find out? We still have 6 of our top 7 pitchers available today, if you can't win two games with 6 of your best pitchers left, then none of it matters.

It's almost like people around here didn't pay attention to all the close games yesterday where the 1 (or 2) seeds had to win in walk off fashion after throwing their best guys in high leverage situations. We're over here complaining about a true FR getting some easy run super stress free not affecting his availability the rest of the weekend at all.

What are we doing? Haha

Bro those teams were in tight games throughout or had to come from behind late.

How many of them were up 7-1 in the 7th?

I'd rather have had Dudan full go tonight for USC's lineup and still be able to hold Consiglio if needed for Sunday/Monday because I like the Whitaker/Consiglio pairing. I don't like throwing Consiglio with Fritton.

But we'll see how it plays out and hopefully it doesn't matter. Watching Dudan last night was like watching Billy Madison play basketball. No need.
Dudan would be a full go tonight for USC if we wanted to go to him. This is what people don't understand, he's not on a pitch count. He didn't throw 75 fastballs at 98 MPH taxing his arm limiting him to how long he could go on his next outing.

Yeah, a lot of those teams were in tight games using their top of the line guys, that's the point. We gave a FR a glorified bullpen session to get his feet wet in a regional setting.

Our two pitchers threw 106 total pitches last night....that's so damn efficient that we could see Sam again if needed on a Monday. Dudan is still fresh as well.

I'll say it again, what are we doing here? haha

We gotta have something to talk about, that's for sure.

Dudan avg around 50 plus pitches his last 3 outings.

You think he can go that much tonight now? His talent and age, no way I see that so I don't think he's now full go.

Why would you use him that much tonight? You literally have everyone else available and Cooper Consiglio has been as good out of the pen as well from the left side. If you wanted to use Dudan for an inning tonight you could but you shouldn't need to. DRock can give you 2 innings easy at the end to close (if needed). If Fritton gives you 5-6 then you have Consiglio, Marohn and/or DRock to finish it and we could go Dudan if needed but you shouldn't need him. Sunday rolls around Dudan could go no problem after only throwing 30 extremely low stress pitches last night.

As I was saying...

DRock only throws 27 tonight
Cooper tosses 34
Dudan 30 last night

We're looking pretty good so far in only needing to win one more.

Garrett P is such a STUD. I wish we could get another year out of him, such a great kid.

Massive win tonight. GO PACK!
PossumJenkins
While GP had the long balls. Brandon damn Butterworth man…he has been exceptional. At this point really hope he's back next year
StateFan77
Can anyone tell me when they open the gates for SRO tickets? 90 or 60 minutes before First Pitch?
Kmcpack
Yeah I think getting 6+ innings from the 2 startes has been key too. Haven't gotten off schedule with the arms and everything is set up for success moving forward.
Kmcpack
PossumJenkins said:

While GP had the long balls. Brandon damn Butterworth man…he has been exceptional. At this point really hope he's back next year

The double play butters got to pick off the guy at second might have been the biggest play of the game.
metcalfmafia
Just made it home. Thanks to all the season ticket holders for selling their tickets to Cock fans. Trashiest fanbase to step foot in the Doak.

Big win and thank you for giving me something to chirp back about.
matracey
We beat South Carolina without Highfill or Dudan??? Impossible!!!

Jk great win. Just need one of the next two. Every other team has to win 3 in a row.
Jordan
I could certainly see JMU outhit SCar tomorrow
Kmcpack
Jordan said:

I could certainly see JMU outhit SCar tomorrow

I wonder who the chickens have left to pitch tomorrow. The guy tonight pitched well but they're going to be down the list of reliable arms I would think.
wolfman18
If there was player prop bets for college baseball, I'd place a hefty wager on A Mac hitting a HR tomorrow. He was so close tonight, just missed a few of them
StateFan2001
Dude you are tiresome
CLTWolf
StateFan2001 said:

Dude you are tiresome
Weird. There's a big group that feels the same about you.
wilmwolf
It's a thankless job, I just do it for my fans.
The Gatekeeper.
ClePack
wilmwolf said:

Mo diarra
Alex Gee
Staff
Just got back and done taping our takes. Man that was a blast tonight. What an atmosphere. Completely dwarfed the few SC fans that made it over. That's how you host a regional.

This team is special. Been saying it from the start and they just keep finding ways to do it. It's a lot of fun to tune in and cheer like hell for these dudes. They play hard and do all the little things right.

We get to hand the ball tomorrow to a guy who pre illness was starting Friday night games in what is looking to be the proven best conference in the country. Have a long relied option who has gone his last 20.2 IP allowing just 3 earned. And then have two guys that damn near every team in the country would want as their closer. Two!

Oh, and we can score and play damn near elite defense. Smile and enjoy the ride, folks. And welcome to the wagon those that haven't been here. Never full!
Trickynic1
Love your post Alex. This team can possibly make the CWS. If Matt W, Van Damn and Hogue don't get hurt, we could have won it all.
Jfberger24
Trickynic1 said:

Love your post Alex. This team can possibly make the CWS. If Matt W, Van Damn and Hogue don't get hurt, we could have won it all.

Why can't we still win it all? I see no reason we can't. Georgia is beatable and then even when you look forward to Omaha, and what would be on our side, who is afraid of Kentucky and TAM? Could they beat us? 100%. Would they beat us 100% of the time, I don't think so!
AlleyPack
I will say this.... pull hard for JMU in the first game.
Other than today's G1 starting pitcher, they are virtually depleted when it comes to quality arms.

South Carolina, while they've used many of their "good" guys already, still have more than a half-dozen serviceable pitchers who have seen SEC action this year.

If JMU can pull off the win in Game 1, then I really really like our chances --- simply due to their inevitable lack of pitching moving forward.
Kmcpack
Speaking of the crowds. I know the holes stadium sits more people but it looked to be legit half lsu fans last night. It didn't look to be but about 10% chicken fans at ours.
tau06
Trickynic1 said:

Still may…
I40Wolf
StateFan77 said:

Can anyone tell me when they open the gates for SRO tickets? 90 or 60 minutes before First Pitch?
60 minutes. Same as seat holders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.