baseball NCAAT Super Regional at Arkansas

107,269 Views | 1327 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So is the CWS two 4-team double elim tournaments where the two winners meet for one game (or a series)?

I know thisshould we advance again, we will have played about as tough a schedule as ever possible. Arkansas and Kopp, Stanford and UA look really good, and Vandy has two aces
DrummerboyWolf
Packchem91 said:

So is the CWS two 4-team double elim tournaments where the two winners meet for one game (or a series)?

I know thisshould we advance again, we will have played about as tough a schedule as ever possible. Arkansas and Kopp, Stanford and UA look really good, and Vandy has two aces
The winners of both brackets play a best of three series. I think that each team will get at least one day off before the series starts, but if there is rain, that may not be the case.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
WilmingtonPackman777
If anyone wants to watch the 9th inning again;

CLTWolf
braz213 said:

CLTWolf said:

braz213 said:

How does this affect recruiting? Jajaja. That game had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Highfill and Willadsen have turned into studs. Great job by our pitching coach. I had a good feeling about him when we hired him.
I said this back when he was hired but a kid that worked for my wife pitched for Chrysler at Winthrop and LOVED the guy. Said he was a great coach and knew his sht.

If Highfill, Willadsen and Villaman stay healthy that's one helluva nice weekend group for next year.

Hopefully the JUCO arms all make it as well as get kids back healthy we missed this year...could go from a short staff to a somewhat "deep" one. But first....OMAHA B
Who are the kids that we might get back healthy we missed this year?
I assume we'll get David Harrison back (obviously not health related).

Baker Nelson
Austin Pace

We also bring in JUCOs, Logan Adams, Justin Lawson and Jacob Widener
Widener and Adams are big 'ol boys at 6'6.

That's 6 arms assuming they all make it in or back.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
wolfeatram
Was at ACC champ game and told my bud on drive back that I'd only forgive this team if they made CWS. Ended up forgiving them way before tonight but just want to say mad respect. I'll take a CWS appearance all day and any day over a conference championship. This team is truly legendary and deserve every ounce of respect I can give em. Regret my feelings then but I never stopped pullin for the Pack. It's all gravy from here on no matter what. Hope the boys enjoy Omaha
DrummerboyWolf
I have a business to run later on this morning, but it's looking like there won't be a lot of sleep happening tonight. Still just beaming with pride with what this team has done. Absolutely fantastic feeling!!!
pack4life11
So Sunday evenings are usually a "good time" for me and the ole lady. When Arkansas tied it up, I started telling her about how the last time State went to Omaha, I was up until the wee hours of the morning watching 17 innings of ball to see them clinch the super regional. She questioned my sexual prowess tonight after hearing that story.

When Jose hit that bomb, told her to hit the shower and get ready.

State won, the lady is happy, and I'm happy. ''Twas a good night.
Civilized
I'm enjoying the body language of Kopps and the Arkansas SS/3B/LF more than I should, if I'm being honest.

That thing shoulda had a stewardess on it.
DrummerboyWolf
As I suspected, not a whole lot of sleeping going on last night, but I will damn sure take it. Super Regional Champions and heading to the College World Series has a nice early morning ring to it!!

Damn I am so proud of these young men and the whole staff!!! Well done team!!!!

GO PACK!!!!
Wolfer79
Packchem91
Civilized said:

I'm enjoying the body language of Kopps and the Arkansas SS/3B/LF more than I should, if I'm being honest.

That thing shoulda had a stewardess on it.
To me, one of the coolest visuals in sports is when a guy hits a no-doubter, and you see a fielder just immediately hang his head w/o moving, because he knows.

Seeing that 3B for Arkansas do that, was joyful.
Pakbackr
wolfeatram said:

Was at ACC champ game and told my bud on drive back that I'd only forgive this team if they made CWS. Ended up forgiving them way before tonight but just want to say mad respect. I'll take a CWS appearance all day and any day over a conference championship. This team is truly legendary and deserve every ounce of respect I can give em. Regret my feelings then but I never stopped pullin for the Pack. It's all gravy from here on no matter what. Hope the boys enjoy Omaha
CWS appearances are indeed special, but I will go to my grave still disappointed in this team for losing this year's ACC Championship!
wilmwolf
>
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Oldsouljer
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

cowboypack02 said:

TheCapper said:

A LOT of Monday Morning QB over there on the Kopps starting which is amazing given overwhelming majority thought it was right play before the game.

I guess it's kind of nice to see others have fans who play result after loss.

I dunno why. Dude was dominant most of the night and gave up three runs over 8 1/3 innings and 117 pitches. It was the right move to start the guy as Arkansas you just have to tip your hat to a pitching staff holding one of the most dominant hitting teams in the country to 2 runs.

I thought they should of sent out someone else for the 9th inning thought. Dude was beat
because they are Arkansas and are LOADED with GODS that can do EXACTLY what he did IF NOT BETTER.....don't you get it.....
Funny you should use a reference like that. I lived in Arkansas for nine years, did my undergrad at UA-Little Rock (Trojans, not Razorbacks). Anyway, it's a great state to live in, magnificent landscapes, seriously nice people but since there's not much to do, Razorback sports has dominated the state for years and Razorback players (particularly football players) have been referred to as tin gods as when they get into legal scrapes, being a Hawg athlete is often enough to get a judge to see things your way.
89_Grad
DrummerboyWolf said:

I stopped watching last night when it was 12-1 and had no idea it was a 21-1 final until later on last night. It is just one game and as I said those runs don't carry over.

After my freshmen year at State, I was 19 and was asked by the recreation director in Jacksonville to coach a 13 and 14 year old junior league baseball team. He knew I had played on a couple of All Star teams, umpired once or twice for him, and had kept score for several years, so he knew I knew the game. The draft had already taken place and I had no choice on who was on the team because it was a brand new team. They did place who they thought was the best player trying out on my team and he was very good.

Early in the season we played the best team in the league. They beat us 23-1 in five innings. The umpire, a guy I had played with in regular season and All Stars asked me and my best friend if we wanted to forfeit when the game was 14-1 or something like that and we told him to pound sand. Next time we played this team, and they ended up being the league champions, we beat them 6-2. My best player pitched an excellent game for the win.

Things definitely look dark after yesterday's beating, but it is baseball and anything can happen. They may stomp us again because they are very good, but we might give them a game too and possibly could win. So don't give up the ship just yet. It's going to be tough to win two games in Fayetteville, but we knew that from the start. Right now we just have to win one game. Let's roll out the balls and bats and see where are at the end of the day.

GO PACK!!
This post aged well!!
Civilized
pack4life11 said:

So Sunday evenings are usually a "good time" for me and the ole lady. When Arkansas tied it up, I started telling her about how the last time State went to Omaha, I was up until the wee hours of the morning watching 17 innings of ball to see them clinch the super regional. She questioned my sexual prowess tonight after hearing that story.

When Jose hit that bomb, told her to hit the shower and get ready.

State won, the lady is happy, and I'm happy. ''Twas a good night.

Chicks do dig the long ball.
Wolfpack
Damn good day to wake up and be a Wolfpack fan and alumnus . I like to soak these in for all they're worth. Happy Monday, everyone!
DrummerboyWolf
89_Grad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I stopped watching last night when it was 12-1 and had no idea it was a 21-1 final until later on last night. It is just one game and as I said those runs don't carry over.

After my freshmen year at State, I was 19 and was asked by the recreation director in Jacksonville to coach a 13 and 14 year old junior league baseball team. He knew I had played on a couple of All Star teams, umpired once or twice for him, and had kept score for several years, so he knew I knew the game. The draft had already taken place and I had no choice on who was on the team because it was a brand new team. They did place who they thought was the best player trying out on my team and he was very good.

Early in the season we played the best team in the league. They beat us 23-1 in five innings. The umpire, a guy I had played with in regular season and All Stars asked me and my best friend if we wanted to forfeit when the game was 14-1 or something like that and we told him to pound sand. Next time we played this team, and they ended up being the league champions, we beat them 6-2. My best player pitched an excellent game for the win.

Things definitely look dark after yesterday's beating, but it is baseball and anything can happen. They may stomp us again because they are very good, but we might give them a game too and possibly could win. So don't give up the ship just yet. It's going to be tough to win two games in Fayetteville, but we knew that from the start. Right now we just have to win one game. Let's roll out the balls and bats and see where are at the end of the day.

GO PACK!!
This post aged well!!
Yes it did. Thank you.
CLTWolf
Pakbackr said:

wolfeatram said:

CWS appearances are indeed special, but I will go to my grave still disappointed in this team for losing this year's ACC Championship!
welp. I've found the clubhouse leader for today's wet blanket award...
Wolfer79
Pakbackr said:

wolfeatram said:

let's hope that is a long time from now
AlleyPack
I love re-reading articles like this after the fact:

As Expected, NC State Proving Not as Tough as Nebraska on Arkansas Baseball's March to Omaha

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/nc-state-not-nebraska-for-arkansas-baseball/

Ol' Nate Olsen's "opinion" didn't age too well...
Oldsouljer
AlleyPack said:

As Expected, NC State Proving Not as Tough as Nebraska on Arkansas Baseball's March to Omaha

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/nc-state-not-nebraska-for-arkansas-baseball/

Yup, ditto. But what I find amazing is that there are a few kind words for the Pack after the win yesterday on Inside Carolina. Has hell frozen over?
Civilized
CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

wolfeatram said:

Probably thinks about chores when he's bumping uglies, too.
Wolfpack
I still can't get over the entitlement involved in the Omahogs sign behind home plate. LMAO
Wolfpacker1385
Civilized said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

wolfeatram said:

What him and his sister do in the privacy of their marital bedroom is none of our business.
#GTHC #WPN
Follow me on Twitter @wolfpacker1385
TraCha4
Hahahaha WHAT
CLTWolf
Wolfpacker1385 said:

Civilized said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

wolfeatram said:

What him and his sister do in the privacy of their marital bedroom is none of our business.
DUDE!

LOLOLOL

cowboypack02
Oldsouljer said:

AlleyPack said:

Yup, ditto. But what I find amazing is that there are a few kind words for the Pack after the win yesterday on Inside Carolina. Has hell frozen over?
Probably was a few posters from here forgetting where they were logged in at while celebrating
ZAXPACK15
M_A said:

Who was that guy who said we'd beat them the next two games by 1 run each?

I said it
3rd generation CALS grad
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
Bas2020 said:

Baseball CWS... Women's Ball back to back conf titles ... Wrestling title ...Swmming title ... tennis final 4... track natty ... football goes 7-3 in league ...

It's as if as soon as Swofford announced his retirement good things started happening ...
And I hope all of it sticks in that fat *******'s craw.
Wolfer79
wolfpack1437
It's funny, there was a lot of talk about Arkansas and them having 6 guys in their lineup with double digit HR's. Well, guess what, Pack now how 6 guys in their lineup with double digit HR's. Jose Torres now has 10, and that 10th one was the biggest HR of the season/year/decade/quarter century

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.