baseball NCAAT Super Regional at Arkansas

104,875 Views | 1327 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DrummerboyWolf
Cthepack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I stopped watching last night when it was 12-1 and had no idea it was a 21-1 final until later on last night. It is just one game and as I said those runs don't carry over.

21-2.
I looked at Andrew's story and he had 21-1 in the opening paragraph. And still does as far as I can see.

https://insidepacksports.com/s/7471/razorbacks-torch-wolfpack-in-first-game-of-fayetteville-super-regional/3
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
wolfpack1437
My satellite signal went out bc of the weather. Anyone know if Eisert got a hit in the 9th or if he was walked? I know Murr drove him in with a triple
wilmwolf
Pretty certain he walked, but I was on bourbon number four by that point
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfpack1437
^thanks
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
Wolfer79 said:

Hopefully the power of our best uni combo will come through for us.
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

Lower 90's with a heat advisory and we are wearing black. Not the best color to be wearing when it's hot.
wilmwolf
The people commenting on that tweet about wearing black in the heat do know that we play in North Carolina, right?
waxhaw
DrummerboyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I stopped watching last night when it was 12-1 and had no idea it was a 21-1 final until later on last night. It is just one game and as I said those runs don't carry over.

21-2.
I looked at Andrew's story and he had 21-1 in the opening paragraph. And still does as far as I can see.

https://insidepacksports.com/s/7471/razorbacks-torch-wolfpack-in-first-game-of-fayetteville-super-regional/3
I doubt too many were still watching past 21-1. Glad we made a run though.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

The people commenting on that tweet about wearing black in the heat do know that we play in North Carolina, right?
Yes, I know. How many games have we played in that kind of heat this year? How many of those games did we wear black?
wilmwolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Yes, I know. How many games have we played in that kind of heat this year? How many of those games did we wear black.

I don't know how many games over the course of the year we've played in those conditions, they play all year long. And I don't know how many times they've worn a black shirt. But they are young, world class athletes, so I'm not worried. Plus, it's the color they want to wear, so if they get a boost from that, why not? There's way bigger stuff to worry about. And my post wasn't directed at you, I was typing it while you were posting yours.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Yes, I know. How many games have we played in that kind of heat this year? How many of those games did we wear black.

I don't know how many games over the course of the year we've played in those conditions, they play all year long. And I don't know how many times they've worn a black shirt. But they are young, world class athletes, so I'm not worried. Plus, it's the color they want to wear, so if they get a boost from that, why not? There's way bigger stuff to worry about. Ave my post wasn't directed at you, I was typing it while you were posting yours.
Fair enough. It did look like you were referring to me, but apparently weren't. If we were playing a night game I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hopefully we won't start dragging around the 7th inning with the sun blazing right on top of us during the hottest part of the day.
wilmwolf
In the past, we've typically worn the all reds on Saturdays. I'm not sure the exact science, but I can't imagine a black jersey is considerably hotter than a dark red one. Dark colors are definitely hotter than light, I just don't think black versus red really matters.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
wolfpack1437
Stanford wore black in 107 degree temps yesterday......and smoked TT
Wolfer79
Colonel Armstrong
Looks like ESPN put a fricking soccer game on ESPN 2
DrummerboyWolf
Alright Guys, let's take the bull by the horns and put some worry into the Arkansas fans.

GO PACK!!
metcalfmafia
Game is on espn news FYI.
Wolfer79
King Leary said:

soccer match was suspended due to player collapsing and having CPR and has recently resumed
Colonel Armstrong
Wolfer79 said:

King Leary said:

soccer match was suspended due to player collapsing and having CPR and has recently resumed

So put that game on ESPN News. And glad to have read that player is okay.
Borowolf10
Who's ****ing dumb idea was it to wear black jerseys in the blistering sun? We do nothing to help ourselves.
Colonel Armstrong
Tight strike zone
Wolfer79
Borowolf10 said:

Who's ****ing dumb idea was it to wear black jerseys in the blistering sun? We do nothing to help ourselves.

starting NC State pitcher makes decision from what I have read and heard
Colonel Armstrong
Ada boy highfill
Wolfer79
kmb717
Good start on the mound. Need to get a lead.
Wolfpacklife
Solid start. Let's get the bats going early!
wilmwolf
Borowolf10 said:

The starting pitcher. And do you honestly think the black jerseys are considerably hotter than the maroon jerseys they are wearing? How to the Raiders ever play a game? Whitesox wear black jerseys all the time. Works for Phil Mickelson and Gary Player too.
Bell Tower Grey
wilmwolf80 said:

Borowolf10 said:

The starting pitcher. And do you honestly think the black jerseys are considerably hotter than the maroon jerseys they are wearing? How to the Raiders ever play a game? Whitesox wear black jerseys all the time. Works for Phil Mickelson and Gary Player too.
All true. Not to mention the fact the uniforms aren't made of 100 % wool.
wilmwolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Borowolf10 said:

And if the umpires can survive nine innings in black shirts, I think 18-22 year old elite athletes will be ok. Everything isn't always about NC State doing the wrong thing. The kids wanted to wear what they are wearing, that's all that matters.
Bell Tower Grey
wilmwolf80 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Borowolf10 said:

And if the umpires can survive nine innings in black shirts, I think 18-22 year old elite athletes will be ok. Everything isn't always about NC State doing the wrong thing. The kids wanted to wear what they are wearing, that's all that matters.
My "give a damn" about what colors they wear has gradually gone away. It's been so long since any men's prominent sport has won a championship, I couldn't care less what color they wear, as long as they win.
metcalfmafia
That dude has the smoothest swing I've ever seen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.