baseball NCAAT Super Regional at Arkansas

104,868 Views | 1327 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfpack1437 said:

It's funny, there was a lot of talk about Arkansas and them having 6 guys in their lineup with double digit HR's. Well, guess what, Pack now how 6 guys in their lineup with double digit HR's. Jose Torres now has 10, and that 10th one was the biggest HR of the season/year/decade/quarter century
And we had played about ten less games than the Hogs too. Had we not cancelled several of our games, we might be leading the nation in homers. They can have that title and the second place trophy in the Super Regionals too!
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
ntcstate13
Wolfer79 said:

Andrew Sanders will be with the team in Omaha. No more living room calls depending on ESPN not to mess up.
Wolfer79
Jeff Gravely

This week on the Pod, we discuss @NCStateBaseball earning another trip to Omaha!!! This route was quite unique.

Inside @PackAthletics Podcast is powered by @PNCBank & @PackRadio.

wilmwolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Did Jose's homer clear the bleachers? Watching clips and I don't see anyone in the stands catch it.

Rob weighs in:

Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfpack1437
wilmwolf80 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Did Jose's homer clear the bleachers? Watching clips and I don't see anyone in the stands catch it.

Rob weighs in:

It cleared the bleachers just to the right of the building with the brick on it
CLTWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Rob weighs in:

Thank you. I finally just found that lil damn ball and where it landed!
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
BigLefty24
CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Rob weighs in:

Thank you. I finally just found that lil damn ball and where it landed!
is it flat on one side?
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Tom OBriens Smile
I too thought it cleared the stadium, but you can actually see it lands about 5 rows up above the logo to the left of the 375 sign, just the slightest unified movements where it lands in the crowd. Its crazy how hard it is to tell though, the fans are so still, just totally stunned. They couldn't even muster up the strength to throw it back. Just like acceptance that that was going to end the game.
DrummerboyWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Rob weighs in:

I agree, I just found it thanks to your help. That ball appeared to clear the bleachers easily.
Wolfer79
Oldsouljer
Tom OBriens Smile said:

I too thought it cleared the stadium, but you can actually see it lands about 5 rows up above the logo to the left of the 375 sign, just the slightest unified movements where it lands in the crowd. Its crazy how hard it is to tell though, the fans are so still, just totally stunned. They couldn't even muster up the strength to throw it back. Just like acceptance that that was going to end the game.
When the first baseman completed his catch and ran to start the dogpile, the cameras panned the stands....I've never seen such a stunned looking crowd.
Wolfer79
FlockaWolf
Ive watched the video a 100 times and still don't see the ball. There is some commotion about 6 rows above the wal mart ad so maybe it's there.
CLTWolf
FlockaWolf said:

Ive watched the video a 100 times and still don't see the ball. There is some commotion about 6 rows above the wal mart ad so maybe it's there.
It's really hard to see but if you look to the right of that brick building you can see the ball.
wilmwolf
The reasons why I don't think it landed in the bleachers are that they didn't throw the ball back on to the field, which they had done in game 2 when Jose hit it out. Also, his reaction was a no doubter, and 5-6 rows up really isn't a no doubter. He knew it was way gone when he hit it, if you watch the angle from the dugout that the team posted on twitter, he doesn't even look at the ball after contact, he just flips the bat and starts hyping up the dugout. To me, that says it was a bomb. So while I see what y'all are saying about the crowd stirring in that area, I just can't see the ball there.
FlockaWolf
I understand what you're saying but dude for DBU yesterday thought he had a no doubter & the CF caught it. I'll go back and try to find this ball near the brick wall tho
AlleyPack
FlockaWolf said:

I understand what you're saying but dude for DBU yesterday thought he had a no doubter & the CF caught it. I'll go back and try to find this ball near the brick wall tho

Looking at the replay of the hit.... immediately (like, a fraction of a second) after the announcer says "backing up is Wallace," you can see the ball descending against the backdrop of the tree -- that is just to the right of the building with the brick outline.

(or so it appears)

This should be a timestamp link:
CLTWolf
AlleyPack said:

FlockaWolf said:

Looking at the replay of the hit.... immediately (like, a fraction of a second) after the announcer says "backing up is Wallace," you can see the ball descending against the backdrop of the tree -- that is just to the right of the building with the brick outline.

(or so it appears)

This should be a timestamp link:

Nice work. You can see it leave the park.
Wolfpacker1385
I just did my version of CSI:Homerun and it definitely landed about 8 rows deep behind the "Ball Park" advertisement on the outfield wall. It was about 365 to the wall there so he probably hit it right at 400 feet.

Not that it matters.
#GTHC #WPN
Follow me on Twitter @wolfpacker1385
78wilsonpack
Yep, I can see it coming down with the tree as a backdrop. Not sure where it landed but it was long gone.
bgr3
The real question is does it count as a ranked home run if it fell out of the rankings, err stands.

*ducks*
DrummerboyWolf
FlockaWolf said:

It's just to the right of the brick wall. You can see it but it's there for just a second. I couldn't pick it up until Wolfpack1437 pointed it out where it was. Look for a guy standing on the last row of the bleachers. He has red on of course but I think he is to the right of the aisle(as you are looking at it) and on the end. The ball comes down right over the aisle and definitely was over the bleachers.
Scwuffpak
bgr3 said:

The real question is does it count as a ranked home run if it fell out of the rankings, err stands.

*ducks*
I think so. But I don't think we get credit for beating the #1 team in the country because now that we beat them they will no longer be the #1 team in the country at the end of the year. So it doesn't count.
Wolfpacker1385
DrummerboyWolf said:

FlockaWolf said:

It's just to the right of the brick wall. You can see it but it's there for just a second. I couldn't pick it up until Wolfpack1437 pointed it out where it was. Look for a guy standing on the last row of the bleachers. He has red on of course but I think he is to the right of the aisle(as you are looking at it) and on the end. The ball comes down right over the aisle and definitely was over the bleachers.
I blew it up and watched while pausing, rewinding, etc. It 100% came down in the stands.
#GTHC #WPN
Follow me on Twitter @wolfpacker1385
AlleyPack
Wolfpacker1385 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

FlockaWolf said:

I blew it up and watched while pausing, rewinding, etc. It 100% came down in the stands.

Hmm, I do believe you are correct.

The video I posted above (with the announcer's voice) that shows the descending ball in front of the tree.... that IS the ball -- but like you said, it lands about 8 rows deep (as opposed to behind the bleachers).

You can see a dozen or so fans reacting. (exactly in line with where the ball is descending)
metcalfmafia
You know you've deflated a crowd when the ball lands in the stands and people barely move where it hits.

Awesome.
wilmwolf
Regardless of whatever Zapruder-like analysis of the video occurs, my official narrative is that Jose hit the ball out of the stadium, and that's how it should go down in Wolfpack lore.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Regardless of whatever Zapruder-like analysis of the video occurs, my official narrative is that Jose hit the ball out of the stadium, and that's how it should go down in Wolfpack lore.
Exactly. It still counts as only one run and the winning run. To my eye it still looks like it cleared the bleachers, but I really don't care.
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

reports are ball landed in Omaha within the hour
WilmingtonPackman777
Maybe we should go the Arkansas board for confirmation. Many of them claim to sit in that section.
Oldsouljer
Scwuffpak said:

bgr3 said:

*ducks*
I think so. But I don't think we get credit for beating the #1 team in the country because now that we beat them they will no longer be the #1 team in the country at the end of the year. So it doesn't count.
Maybe no credit but judging by reactions on Nebraska's and other Big 12 BBs, at least we are getting a lot of appreciation for supplying the Karma. Apparently, other fans were more incensed by that Omahogs sign than we were.
BigLefty24
Oldsouljer said:

Scwuffpak said:

bgr3 said:

*ducks*
Maybe no credit but judging by reactions on Nebraska's and other Big 12 BBs, at least we are getting a lot of appreciation for supplying the Karma. Apparently, other fans were more incensed by that Omahogs sign than we were.

They can change it to HomeAHogs now.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Civilized
Ouch baby, very ouch.
wilmwolf
If you want a good laugh, read all the whiney responses to this tweet from Arkansas fans. It is a completely harmless tweet, and to be expected when you have a catchphrase and t-shirts made and all that other ***** With the things some of their fans put out there on social media directed towards our team and players, calling this tweet "classless" is actually hilarious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.