baseball NCAAT Super Regional at Arkansas

106,693 Views | 1327 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Borowolf10 said:

Glasswolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Borowolf10 said:

Who's ****ing dumb idea was it to wear black jerseys in the blistering sun? We do nothing to help ourselves.
I thought we looked pretty good in black today.......anybody else?

I guess it would be our ****ing dumb players since they pick the uniform combos

I bet you were a hall monitor in school.

Ahem...That's griff's burn.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Bell Tower Grey
Does Fayetteville, AR, have a Glenwood South? Asking for a friend.
Civilized
Borowolf10 said:

All the pressure is on Arkansas tomorrow

This. We need to come out loose and have fun and see what happens.

So glad we got some red dead redemption after last night.

Proud of these guys!!
Glasswolf
Borowolf10 said:

Glasswolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Borowolf10 said:

Who's ****ing dumb idea was it to wear black jerseys in the blistering sun? We do nothing to help ourselves.

No but I played baseball at state, and I may have stayed at a Holiday Inn at some point last week
TheCapper
Wolfer79 said:

TheCapper said:

I "had" to listen to game as I was driving back home from vacation. I found it much more pleasurable with the muted background noise so looks like I will do it again tomorrow.
Andrew Sanders is very good in my opinion

He was excellent the whole game. It took about 3 innings for them to get the sound synced with his call, but after that it was a nice drive home.
Wolfpacklife
Shoot I don't get the black jersey hate. I think they look sharp for all of our teams.
kmb717
I'd strongly consider starting Villaman tomorrow. Seems like throwing as many lefties as possible gives us the best shot.
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpacklife said:

Shoot I don't get the black jersey hate. I think they look sharp for all of our teams.
I don't mind the look, I was worried about the heat. Just a few posts up, I said Screw that, wear the black tomorrow. Don't wash the uniforms.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Borowolf10
CLTWolf said:

Borowolf10 said:

Glasswolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Borowolf10 said:

Ahem...That's griff's burn.

Oh excuse me. Still glad we won and we all agree wearing black in 100 degrees is objectively not smart.
Wolfpacklife
DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpacklife said:

I don't mind the look, I was worried about the heat. Just a few posts up, I said Screw that, wear the black tomorrow. Don't wash the uniforms.

Very true. I did mention to my wife in the 1st that I bet they are a bit hot haha. But heck on top of wearing then again, everyone needs to do the exact same thing tomorrow. Same seat. Same food. Same drinks
metcalfmafia
kmb717 said:

I'd strongly consider starting Villaman tomorrow. Seems like throwing as many lefties as possible gives us the best shot.

Yep evidently they struggle against lefties. I'm trotting out Villaman.
wilmwolf
metcalfmafia said:

kmb717 said:

Is there actual statistical proof they struggle with lefties, or just what the Arkansas fans said on here? Because if it's the latter, I don't really put a lot of stock in it. Villaman could certainly start, but it's not without risk. I think it will be Willadsen, with Villaman loose and ready.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
78wilsonpack
Rubber match
Doesn't get any better than that
cmast
Bell Tower Grey said:

Does Fayetteville, AR, have a Glenwood South? Asking for a friend.
lol.
cmast
wilmwolf80 said:

LET'S ****ING GO!! HAM BISCUIT AGAIN IN THE MORNING!
pork and bourbon. whatever you did today, repeat for jobu.
kmb717
wilmwolf80 said:

metcalfmafia said:

kmb717 said:

Is there actual statistical proof they struggle with lefties, or just what the Arkansas fans said on here? Because if it's the latter, I don't really put a lot of stock in it. Villaman could certainly start, but it's not without risk. I think it will be Willadsen, with Villaman loose and ready.

The ESPN commentator said it when Justice came in as well. But again hard to take stock in the either
cmast
DrummerboyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

Really have only used 3 of our "real pitchers". But the 3 may be our best. I would think Justice is available if needed.
Everybody except Highfill should be available. Including Reid Johnston.
coach said no after yesterday on johnston, but who knows?
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

metcalfmafia said:

kmb717 said:

The announcers were talking that the guys who switch hit have a much lower batting average from the right side. Obviously they haven't struggled much all year. I think Villaman might be a better choice because of the way he pitches compared to Willadsen, but the guy making $5000 a year his first year at New Mexico State, gets the big bucks now to make that decision.
Bell Tower Grey
wilmwolf80 said:

metcalfmafia said:

kmb717 said:

Not sure about statistical proof, but I remember hearing the tv announcers (when they didn't have their mouths full) say that AR did have trouble with LHP. Not sure how much stock to put into that, though.
Wolfpack
metcalfmafia said:

Really surprised Kevin Kopps didn't come up to bat too. I'm convinced that guy could hit a homer too after hearing about him all game!

If he drinks enough beet juice, anything is possible
Cthepack
I thought I heard that a coin flip for the home team would happen after game 2. If that is the case does anyone know if we are home or away tomorrow?
DrummerboyWolf
Cthepack said:

I thought I heard that a coin flip for the home team would happen after game 2. If that is the case does anyone know if we are home or away tomorrow?
I always thought the host team had the advantage of home team in game 3. They did say there would be a coin flip, but not sure if that is true or not.
Wolfer79
Cthepack said:

no information i can find on result of coin flip
ciscopack
Do it Pack! 21 runs don't mean crap except for 1 win. 1-1; grab the goats neck and sling him around.
TopsailWolf
I want Kopps to get his ass run off the mound tomorrow.
wolfpack1437
wilmwolf80 said:

metcalfmafia said:

kmb717 said:

They bat 40 points less against lefties. One of their switch hitters with double digit HR's only has one of those 14 dingers from the other side. Regardless, I'm starting Willadsen and just pulling him if there's trouble. He battled in the ACCT for us
Wolfer79
Pack31
wolfpack1437 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

metcalfmafia said:

kmb717 said:

They bat 40 points less against lefties. One of their switch hitters with double digit HR's only has one of those 14 dingers from the other side. Regardless, I'm starting Willadsen and just pulling him if there's trouble. He battled in the ACCT for us

Yes, keep the normal rotation, but short leash. Villaman can go 5-6 if he's on. Justice can go 2 or so.
EthanBarry
Staff
Gotta feel good getting to a game three considering you've got nothing from the top of the lineup and don't have a hit with RISP. That's bound to change sooner or later.

Certainly a case to be made for starting Villaman, but you need both so not sure how big a deal it is.
wilmwolf
For me it comes down to the fact that between Willadsen and Villaman, only Villaman has come out of the pen (that I recall), and he's been really good recently doing that. I'd rather have guys in roles they are comfortable with. Between those two, maybe Feeney, and Justice, they should be able to get it done. Gotta give kudos to the guys that ate up the innings yesterday and put us in a position where we are set up well tomorrow. Just gotta go get it done.
cmast
Wolfer79 said:

dudes need some damn ice cream!
DrummerboyWolf
cmast said:

Wolfer79 said:

dudes need some damn ice cream!
Where is Kevin Keatts when we need him?
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

For me it comes down to the fact that between Willadsen and Villaman, only Villaman has come out of the pen (that I recall), and he's been really good recently doing that. I'd rather have guys in roles they are comfortable with. Between those two, maybe Feeney, and Justice, they should be able to get it done. Gotta give kudos to the guys that ate up the innings yesterday and put us in a position where we are set up well tomorrow. Just gotta go get it done.

technically. Willadsen finishing suspended game vs unc-ch was out of pen, but functioned like a start
wilmwolf
You are right about that, but I can't think of another time he came out of the pen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.