baseball NCAAT Super Regional at Arkansas

106,707 Views | 1327 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
wolfpack1437
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can't walk anybody here. I'd rather throw a meatball and see if he can hit it than give up a walk
Wolfer79
78wilsonpack said:

I'm having to help my daughter move this pm so anyone that occasionally posts the score would have my gratitude
middle of 6
NC State 5
Arkansas 2
Bell Tower Grey
Sam looking nasty right now. Smoke'm boy!
Tom OBriens Smile
Sam retires the side in order again, 15 in a row now. Going to B6 - 6,7,8 up for the Pack.

Of note, Franklin, Hogs regular starting CF entered the game - he didn't play yesterday, battling strep, struck out in a 10 pitch AB. Presume he will remain in the game.
wolfpack1437
I'm riding Sam to like 125 pitches if I can (or unless we break it open). Evan has walked some guys this season and it's not exactly a pitcher friendly park
Packchem91
Packchem91 said:

The clutch hits we were getting last weekend have disappeared. Lots of runners stranded

Perfect reverse psychology here, right before the big inning
Daviewolf83
metcalfmafia said:

Sam is on it right now.
Definitely. Need at least one more inning out of him and two if we can get it. Bring Justice in to close it out. I would like to see a couple more runs this at-bat.
Wolfer79
wolfpack1437 said:

I'm riding Sam to like 125 pitches if I can (or unless we break it open). Evan has walked some guys this season and it's not exactly a pitcher friendly park
Highfill at 85 pitches after 6 innings
doubt he goes more than 100 pitches
CLTWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

It aint the park buddy...them dudes can just straight maul baseballs.

This place is pretty straight up tho as far as parks go right? It's definitely not Wake or that place we played in last weekend, IMO.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfer79
CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

This place is pretty straight up tho as far as parks go right? It's definitely not Wake or that place we played in last weekend, IMO.
park is about same dimensions at Doak Field at Dail Park

wolfpack1437
CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

It's just like Doak but 10 feet shorter in right and no high wall in left.
wolfpack1437
Mensik bunting here?

Yes
metcalfmafia
See. I love that bunt with the lead getting late.
wilmwolf
Almost posted it before it happened, but bunting is the correct call there, even with him having homered his previous AB
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

So yeah, it's not the new Rosenblatt (for those who have not gone, please go in your lifetime. It's awesome watching the CWS there) but it's not Wake or La Tech either.

These guys just try to launch EVERYTHING or walk. Crazy right?

Evan has been on it lately so we gotta put our best out there if we want to see tomorrow.
CLTWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Almost posted it before it happened, but bunting is the correct call there, even with him having homered his previous AB
6 bunting? Yes, the absolute right call. For sure.
BigLefty24
metcalfmafia said:

See. I love that bunt with the lead getting late.

Yes. A late inning bunt to extend the lead is something you can always live with.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Wolfer79
78wilsonpack said:

I'm having to help my daughter move this pm so anyone that occasionally posts the score would have my gratitude
end of 6
NC State 6
Arkansas 2
Wolfpacklife
Nice added run. Let's get 3 up and down here!
Tom OBriens Smile
B6
Tresh pulls a 1-2 pitch over the 3rd baseman for a single.
Brown draws a walk, men on 1st and 2nd with no outs.
Mensik converts a sac bunt, Tresh on 3rd, Brown on 2nd, 1 out.
Jarrett chops it up the middle, Tresh goes on contact and scores. Brown stays at 2nd, Jarrett thrown out. 2 gone.
Murr chops it to the pitcher, and is thrown out at 1st.

Pack adds a run, lead 6-2 going to T7.
metcalfmafia
Four run lead. Come on boys
wolfpack1437
CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

So yeah, it's not the new Rosenblatt (for those who have not gone, please go in your lifetime. It's awesome watching the CWS there) but it's not Wake or La Tech either.

Evan has been on it lately so we gotta put our best out there if we want to see tomorrow.
It's a straight up MLB approach. Weird to see in college baseball. Best offense in the SEC and not a single guy batting .300
Wolfpack
CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

I said that watching their regional and got blasted for it hah. They gotta play the game. I'm not complaining.
Wolfpack
Highfill have my babies
CLTWolf
Wolfpack said:

CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

I said that watching their regional and got blasted for it hah. They gotta play the game. I'm not complaining.
I don't follow?
metcalfmafia
Kevin Kopps mention. Drink
griff17matt
Well ****
Wolfpack
CLTWolf said:

Wolfpack said:

CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

I don't follow?

I just think their launch or miss strategy leads to 5 runs or 20 runs. They have had guys in scoring position in the regional and just didn't get them home, causing it to extend into Monday. Maybe I misread your post but I got excited at that mention
wilmwolf
I tell you what, for a guy that has thrown a bunch of strikes, Highfill has not gotten one single bit of help from blue.
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfpack said:

Highfill have my babies
While that is your business, between consenting adults, it's too much information for the rest of us.
wolfpack1437
griff17matt said:

Well ****
It's OK. The good thing is that we're into their bullpen. Got to think we will scratch across some more before this is over
wolfpack1437
Awesome job Sam. Just spectacular. Bravo!
kmb717
wilmwolf80 said:

I tell you what, for a guy that has thrown a bunch of strikes, Highfill has not gotten one single bit of help from blue.

Where was the 1-1 pitch that last AB?
Tom OBriens Smile
T7
Leadoff - First pitch swinging, fly out to SS.
2nd - Homer to left-center on a 1-2 count
Welch - Walks

After 16 consecutive outs, Highfill finally allows another hit, and then a walk. At 96 pitches, Sam is done, allowing only 2 hits and 2 walks over 6.33.

Justice coming in, Pack lead 6-3, man on 1st, 1 out.

-------

Moore - Pops out in the infield on a 1-0 pitch, 2 away, man on 1st.
Smith - Singles up the middle, runners on the corners, 2 gone.
Opitz - Grounds to Torres, a bad throw drags Murr off the base, Arky scores 1. 1st & 2nd, 2 out.
Battles - Single up the middle, another run scores, runners on the corners, still 2 out.
Franklin - Strikes out.

-------

Unfortunate events occur but Justice finally ends the inning, going to B7 we'll see 2,3,4 for the Pack who still lead 6-5.
wilmwolf
Alright Evan, let's get nasty.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.