baseball NCAAT Super Regional at Arkansas

106,680 Views | 1327 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
BigLefty24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm curious to see exactly how Arkansas uses Kropp today. Say what you want, the fact remains he threw 185 pitches in the regional, and he pitched yesterday. Their coach already had to answer a lot of questions about his usage after last weekend, so regardless of how he'd LIKE to use him today, his decision making could definitely be affected by the public conversation of him being overused.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

kmb717
Looks like Kopps is starting from the looks of the Arkansas Baseball twitter account
metcalfmafia
kmb717 said:

Looks like Kopps is starting from the looks of the Arkansas Baseball twitter account

Yep appears so. Very very interesting choice.
wilmwolf
Have to extend at bats.
BigLefty24
After having to hear nothing but this dudes name for two weeks straight, there's nothing more than I'd rather do than knock him out of the game early.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

TheCapper
BigLefty24 said:

After having to hear nothing but this dudes name for two weeks straight, there's nothing more than I'd rather do than knock him out of the game early.

Wow...coach going away from the strategy he has used all year. Arkansas has always played with the safety net that if start goes sideways they can go to ace.
DrummerboyWolf
Kopps likes to pitch fast. We have to slow him down, step out, take as many pitches as possible while maintaining an aggressive approach. Maybe put a few bunts down to make him work even harder. Don't know if it will pay off for the Hogs or not, but we have to score early.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
AlleyPack
kmb717 said:

Good.

That takes all the mental guess-work out of the equation for our players.
They don't have to keep wondering, "at what point today are we going to see this guy?"
It will be from the onset -- and each inning that he pitches, that will add to his pitch count and add to the number of times our hitters can see his stuff and time him up.

If he pitches a complete game and shuts us down, then a tip of the cap to him.

But if he tires and/or our hitters adjust....

Bell Tower Grey
I hope our battery gets to him both hit wise and psychologically today that he needs to get a dog when it's all over.
Packchem91
He's due for an off night. May as well be under the pressure tonight brings
metcalfmafia
Did you guys know that Kopps throws a gyroball?
Cornpack
We're playing the best team in the country, on the road, winner goes to Omaha, loser goes home, and they're throwing the best they have at us. Time for the boys to rise to the occasion and create one of those special moments that Pack fans will talk about for years to come.
Retired internet funny guy
wilmwolf
Are there random Pack fans scouring Twitter to comment on Arkansas posts like they are doing ours? Weird look man.
Jake McSwain
Staff
Cornpack said:

We're playing the best team in the country, on the road, winner goes to Omaha, loser goes home, and they're throwing the best they have at us. Time for the boys to rise to the occasion and create one of those special moments that Pack fans will talk about for years to come.

Well said
Wolfpack
I'm glad he's starting. We get a few hits and they have no options left. We win going away. I would be more scared if they brought him in relief 3rd inning. I'd rather see him at 0-0 than down 5-1 or something.
Andrew4343
Hell of a run either way but we are sure due for one of those special moments!

Cornpack said:

55Burgers
TheCapper said:

BigLefty24 said:

Wow...coach going away from the strategy he has used all year. Arkansas has always played with the safety net that if start goes sideways they can go to ace.

watch it backfire. i think state roughs him up for a 3 or 4 runs.
Wolfer79
Andrew4343
I know that he and all of the college baseball world thinks he invincible but history says that he will be less effective after pitching yesterday. I get he hasn't thrown 190 pitches this weekend but I'd rather face him after an appearance last night. He can't be 100%
wolfpack1437
Willadsen starting for the Pack
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Tennessee/LSU game on espn2 is running long and Notre Dame/Mississippi State is 6pm on espnu

trying to see if espnnews or somewhere else
waxhaw
Just came on ESPN news. (Pre game) game hasn't started yet
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
Has any of these gyro pitches actually been in the zone?
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
wilmwolf
Professional at bat from Tyler
waxhaw
That was close for butler
SportManagementEngineer
Damn Butler goes to any other part of the park and we're up
wilmwolf
Damn, just missed that one Butler
metcalfmafia
We ain't scared of this dude.
SportManagementEngineer
Huge opportunity here early. Can Torres get another hit?
SportManagementEngineer
Nope.
metcalfmafia
All good. Make dents
Wolfpack
Made him work. I'd call that a win in T1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.