baseball NCAAT Super Regional at Arkansas

106,898 Views | 1327 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
Wolfpacklife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ciscopack said:

Balls and strikes should be done by a computer.....umps either are not good enough or they are partial.

It's bad sometimes. Almost like they made the call in their mind before the pitch
Wolfpack
kmb717 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Ump giving the pitcher some favors.

Butler walked twice that AB. Then hits a bullet that bounces off the mound right to a fielder.

A device that buzzes in the back pocket. Why is that such a bad idea?
wolfpack1437
We can hit this guy, just going to have to do it soon b4 they go to Kopps
metcalfmafia
wolfpack1437 said:

Whose Kopps? Never heard of him.
PackPA2015
wilmwolf80 said:

Internet went out for a minute. With regards to the bunt, Mensik is a dead pull hitter and your catcher is the lead runner, that's a recipe for a double play. So I don't mind the bunt. Agree that they should have sent Tresh on the tag.

Looked like Hart was a little peeved Tresh didn't go. I think he sent him and Tresh stopped, but hard to tell.
wilmwolf
metcalfmafia said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Whose Kopps? Never heard of him.

A guy that defies modern pitching usage conventions because he drinks a lot of beet juice.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfpack1437
Reid doesn't have it today. Do you pull him and throw some guys like Ingle, Miralia, Feeney, Silver?
Daviewolf83
wolfpack1437 said:

Reid doesn't have it today. Do you pull him and throw some guys like Ingle, Miralia, Feeney, Silver?
Looked good early, but does not seem to be confident with his breaking ball. He has hung a couple out there and appears to be thinking now. Settle down and just throw it.
BigLefty24
wilmwolf80 said:

Internet went out for a minute. With regards to the bunt, Mensik is a dead pull hitter and your catcher is the lead runner, that's a recipe for a double play. So I don't mind the bunt. Agree that they should have sent Tresh on the tag.

At that point, you've got their pitcher rattled. He's given up a home run, and he's backed it up wirh back to back walks. I think you gotta make him pitch there and try to throw a strike. Worst case scenario, Mensik hits into a double play and you've got a runner on third with two out. I think the key to this series is going to he which team gets into the other teams bullpen first. State had a great chance to do that in the second inning and let Arkansas off the hook with a first pitch bunt attempt. Gonna need more than 2-3 runs to win this game. No need to be giving away outs in the top of the second. Just my opinion.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

wolfpack1437
This Welch guy should have been down on K's 3 pitches before he was. Reid didn't get the outside pitch like the ump is giving their guy
Wolfpack
Breaking ball fell there. Come on Reid
Wolfpack
I feel like I know everything about their guys but no commentary on our guys
Daviewolf83
Wolfpack said:

I feel like I know everything about their guys but no commentary on our guys
It's basically the Arkansas invitational :-)
BigLefty24
Well *****
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

WarrenPeace
And that's the ballgame
wolfpack1437
Oh well.. Should have pulled him
metcalfmafia
That wasn't even a bad pitch. These dudes can just hit.
Daviewolf83
Not a bad pitch, but it was like he was expecting that pitch.
BigLefty24
Reid has left the ball up all game. At this point, you get him out, hope you can pick up a win tomorrow,and have him available Sunday for relief duty.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

wilmwolf
BigLefty24 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

At that point, you've got their pitcher rattled. He's given up a home run, and he's backed it up wirh back to back walks. I think you gotta make him pitch there and try to throw a strike. Worst case scenario, Mensik hits into a double play and you've got a runner on third with two out. I think the key to this series is going to he which team gets into the other teams bullpen first. State had a great chance to do that in the second inning and let Arkansas off the hook with a first pitch bunt attempt. Gonna need more than 2-3 runs to win this game. No need to be giving away outs in the top of the second. Just my opinion.

I hear you. I'm not sure that getting to their pen is going to be the winning formula though, given who they have coming in.
packman78
Might as well leave him in the entire game and save everyone else
wolfpacklean202
What is with Johnson's location? He has no idea where his pitches are going
hokiewolf
Farts
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
wilmwolf
Prior to the grand slam, I don't think you pull Reid in a two run game given what he's done for you this year. I suspect he's now on a short leash. It's not over yet , still plenty of time.
wolfpacklean202
Daviewolf83 said:

Not a bad pitch, but it was like he was expecting that pitch.

Not a bad pitch? That down and in pitch is a lefty hitter's wheelhouse
BigLefty24
wilmwolf80 said:

BigLefty24 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I hear you. I'm not sure that getting to their pen is going to be the winning formula though, given who they have coming in.

Yea, well they've only got one in the pen, and he can't throw em all. Well, at least I don't think he can. LOL
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

wolfpack1437
All the guys I listed earlier just headed to the pen. The reason I would have pulled Reid is he was around 50 pitches, clearly didn't have it, and maybe he has some left in the tank for a few Sunday innings if you go ahead with the hook
Wolfpacklife
Well dang. That escalated quickly
pack4life11
Y'all are welcome to go back and check the posts, but I've told y'all from the start, this is Avent's max. High 2/low 1 seed overall, 2nd-3rd in the ACC, Make regional final lose 2 years out of 3, go to supers once every 3 years, win one super once every 10 years, wash, rinse, repeat. Been saying it for 20 years between here and PP.

Miss me with that "he does the best" with what he has BScoastal won the CWS 3 years ago. I state simple fact, not opinion.
kmb717
pack4life11 said:

Y'all are welcome to go back and check the posts, but I've told y'all from the start, this is Avent's max. High 2/low 1 seed overall, 2nd-3rd in the ACC, Make regional final lose 2 years out of 3, go to supers once every 3 years, win one super once every 10 years, wash, rinse, repeat. Been saying it for 20 years between here and PP.

Miss me with that "he does the best" with what he has BScoastal won the CWS 3 years ago. I state simple fact, not opinion.

Coastal's facilities trumps ours in every way....
BigLefty24
pack4life11 said:

Please, take thst sh*t elsewhere. It's the 4th damn inning. You Avent haters are something else.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

wilmwolf
It's the fourth inning of game one. Go away.
Cthepack
pack4life11 said:

Go away please.
Daviewolf83
Exactly. Top of the 4th and lots of at-bats left. Keep putting pressure on their pitcher. State is not done scoring tonight.
BigLefty24
kmb717 said:

pack4life11 said:

Coastal's facilities trumps ours in every way....

The Coastal Carolina University baseball program, after playing at Myrtle Beach's TicketReturn.com Field at Pelican Ballpark for the 2013 and 2014 seasons, returned to campus in 2015 to play in the new Springs Brooks Stadium that is part of a $15.2 million renovation of both the baseball and softball program's facilities.

The close proximity of Spring Brooks Stadium to the $1.2 million Boni Belle Hitting & Practice Facility gives Coastal Carolina one of the best overall best overall baseball facilities in the nation
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.