baseball NCAAT Super Regional at Arkansas

107,216 Views | 1327 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wilmwolf
kmb717
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

Rounder said:

Just get this game over! Avent has his hands full getting the team up for tomorrow

I'd think it would be a lot easier to wash this game then if ARK hit a walkoff.
Let's hope moreso that ARK isn't just on one of those magical rides now after surviving a winner takes all in the regionals

I was afraid of Arkansas getting their "bad" weekend out of the way in regionals. Looks like that may have been the case unfortunately
Packchem91
CLTWolf said:

Packchem91 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Packchem91 said:

So I guess the biggest issue tonight, besides the obvious, is not making Kopps have to throw? Now he's likely good for g2 and g3?
Yes, definitely. It really wouldn't shock me to see them start him tomorrow

Well, let's hope the hogs use up all their bats tonight. Stinks not to make it entertaining nor to use up Kopps, but lose by one or 11, counts the same.
But man, these guys can hithow the heck did Nebraska's 5th pitcher get to the 8th inning with 1 run allowed
Nebraska threw their best at Arkansas Monday night, assuming that's the game you're talking about. We also barely have a 5th pitcher due to injuries and stupidity.

Ahh, didn't realize that about NEB.
Amd yea, our pitching shortage is crazy. Watching this, you see how phenomenal it is that 3-4 starters and.a couple of guys in the bullpen have been stellar
Borowolf10
You gotta think the amount of money they are talking about for these Arkansas facilities upgrades shows that money spent correlates with athletic program success.

Aren't engineers supposed to make a lot of money? Lol

Unfortunately engineers also seem to be thrifty?
packard
i know the pitching is bad, but 1 run?
Wolfpack91
Razorback opened up a Can of Whoop Ass on us. Hope we have some fight left in us for tomorrow. One game at a time.
pack4life11
Cthepack said:

mdreid said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Cthepack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

pack4life11 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Cthepack said:

pack4life11 said:

Lolgot recruited by State, UNC, Coastal, UVA and a host of othersCoastal won the CWS with a worse "stadium" than State. We can argue all you want. Let's put money where the mouth is. Win win for me. I'll put money on State. We win this series in 3. 100 bucks. Anybody that just responded to me wanna take Arkansas?
Where did you play?
C, it's the innerwebz. We ALL played somewhere, remember?

I'll tell you this..I'm the all time career hits leader at the 10th oldest college in America. A college/university that was founded before this country was even a country.

So Columbia University? If that's all true then you also hold the record for oldest living human!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/schools/?key_school=454820c6
Ron Williams is the all time hit leader. He was there from 2006 to 2009.

I edited my post. The "10th" oldest was washington and lee.

But it doesn't matter. All that matters is supporting the pack. Tough night so far
here's Washington and Lee's all time leader in hits.

Chadwick, Chadwick where are you?

Again,
STATE YOUR BET!!

You jumped all over me for saying this series was over in "the 4th inning of game one" okso nut up and put your money where your mouth is. 5k on this series. You taking state or you taking Arkansas? Based on your first response you claimed State..then based on subsequent responses, you're taking Arkansas. I know who my money is on so who do you want?
Cthepack
pack4life11 said:

Cthepack said:

mdreid said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Cthepack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

pack4life11 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Cthepack said:

pack4life11 said:

Lolgot recruited by State, UNC, Coastal, UVA and a host of othersCoastal won the CWS with a worse "stadium" than State. We can argue all you want. Let's put money where the mouth is. Win win for me. I'll put money on State. We win this series in 3. 100 bucks. Anybody that just responded to me wanna take Arkansas?
Where did you play?

I'll tell you this..I'm the all time career hits leader at the 10th oldest college in America. A college/university that was founded before this country was even a country.

So Columbia University? If that's all true then you also hold the record for oldest living human!

But it doesn't matter. All that matters is supporting the pack. Tough night so far

Again,
STATE YOUR BET!!

You jumped all over me for saying this series was over in "the 4th inning of game one" okso nut up and put your money where your mouth is. 5k on this series. You taking state or you taking Arkansas? Based on your first response you claimed State..then based on subsequent responses, you're taking Arkansas. I know who my money is on so who do you want?
I will take your bet at 5k. Not 100. You said all those that replied to you can take the bet. I am one of those. It was your bet Chadwick!!! If you are not man enough to do your bet at 5k then please just go away.
wolfpack1437
If Sam gets in any sort of trouble tomorrow, even gives up more than 1 run, I think you yank him and go to Evan. Finish with Villaman if you have to. Need to show these guys a few lefty arms
FLWolf
We got to start off quick tomorrow
DecaturWolf
Folks, it's one game. Two more to get to the CWS.
Posted for years as ColoradoWolf and Rick from Littleton. On Twitter as @espwapoujacmel
wilmwolf
Alright Pack9, flush that one. All of WPN needs to be positive tomorrow and get behind you. I'm gonna have a ham biscuit in the morning on my way to my early tee time, and a barbecue sandwich afterwards, and hopefully a pork chop with my bourbon for dinner tomorrow. Let's go boys, I'm behind you!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
pack4life11
Cthepack said:

pack4life11 said:

Cthepack said:

mdreid said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Cthepack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

pack4life11 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Cthepack said:

pack4life11 said:

Where did you play?

Again,
STATE YOUR BET!!

I will take your bet at 5k. Not 100. You said all those that replied to you can take the bet. I am one of those. It was your bet Chadwick!!! If you are not man enough to do your bet at 5k then please just go away.

just want to be clear hereyou're taking Arkansas and I'm taking State?? Even thought you jumped all over me for "it being the fourth inning of game 1!?"
???"
Francis
Borowolf10 said:

You gotta think the amount of money they are talking about for these Arkansas facilities upgrades shows that money spent correlates with athletic program success.

State grads are tight wads. Maybe it's the Scottish descent that's prevalent in our state's heritage and Eastern Carolinians? Don't know? Our peers VT, FSU, and Clemson never seen to have issues raising money.
Colonel Armstrong
Win the next two by 1 run each
pack4life11
pack4life11 said:

Cthepack said:

pack4life11 said:

Cthepack said:

mdreid said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Cthepack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

pack4life11 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Cthepack said:

pack4life11 said:

Where did you play?

Again,
STATE YOUR BET!!

just want to be clear hereyou're taking Arkansas and I'm taking State?? Even thought you jumped all over me for "it being the fourth inning of game 1!?"
???"

For clarifications sakein inning four of game one, you told me to go away when I simply stated that what you saw tonight was "peak Avent." You telling me to "go away" indicates that you, C, disagree. Indicating that you choose to believe that this is not peak Avent for this year and that peak Avent is beyond the super regionals and therefore must be the CWS. Therefore, in order for you to "put your money where your mouth is," you choose to take State in 3 in order to follow your intuition that the super regionals is not "peak Avent." So I get Arkansas for 5k? Because that's the bet I want. Again, you will never meet a more State fan than I, we can go about figuring out how diehard I am(money donated, LTRs, family history, rooms In household painted red etc)now, back to the bet, I take Arkansas because I know baseball and I know Avent (you can check my
History of posts and you won't find a bigger Avent critic than me)but You're saying you take State to win this series for 5k? Correct?
DrummerboyWolf
Unfortunate game. We had our chances early but couldn't get the big hit. Once the Hogs got rolling we were in for a bad ride. It is just one game. They cannot carry those runs over. We start even tomorrow and we'll see how it goes. Wonder if they are considering starting either Justice or Villamin, just to give them a different look.

It's baseball and anything can happen. Hopefully the bats will wake up tomorrow and we can give them a run.

GO PACK!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Mountainman97
Borowolf10 said:

You gotta ask yourself, what do these SEC schools do with all that extra football money?

There ya go, or so I've heard that about Vandy at least.
pack4life11
Mountainman97 said:

Borowolf10 said:

You gotta ask yourself, what do these SEC schools do with all that extra football money?

There ya go, or so I've heard that about Vandy at least.

They use it to pay the strippers
Mountainman97
Yep yep.
wolfpack1437
DrummerboyWolf said:

Wonder if they are considering starting either Justice or Villamin, just to give them a different look.

GO PACK!!

Avent said in the post-game it would be Sam tomorrow. However, I'd imagine the leash will be short
Pack31
wolfpack1437 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wonder if they are considering starting either Justice or Villamin, just to give them a different look.

GO PACK!!

Avent said in the post-game it would be Sam tomorrow. However, I'd imagine the leash will be short

I disagree with Avent here. Even the Arkansas posters on here and TOS admitted they struggled versus lefties this season. I'd start Villaman and end with Justice. We HAVE win. Why.throw another righty when our best righty.got hammered?? We really.miss Harrison and Klyman here.

Anyway, tough L. It's a 3 game series,, so.lets go get 1 at a time today. Go Pack!!!!
sabaipack90
Let's be honest. Our chance to win SOMETHING was against a 9 seed DUKE team. And we got shut out. Duke was hot but we choked...again. I just hope we can be competitive today.
JCooke93
No matter what happens today or tomorrow night I am very proud of this team
cowboypack02
That was just a plain ol fashioned ass whipping. On the up side of things its a series and not a one game elimination. Here's hoping that Arkansas got all of the pop out of their bats last night and can't hit the broad side of a barn today
89_Grad
Francis said:

Borowolf10 said:

State grads are tight wads. Maybe it's the Scottish descent that's prevalent in our state's heritage and Eastern Carolinians? Don't know? Our peers VT, FSU, and Clemson never seen to have issues raising money.
We clearly have the highest ratio of complaining to donating in the ACC, and probably in the power 5.
JCooke93
To bad some people have gotten turned down
Wolfpacklife
89_Grad said:

Francis said:

Borowolf10 said:

We clearly have the highest ratio of complaining to donating in the ACC, and probably in the power 5.

This is both sad and funny
Wolfpack
Wolfpacklife said:

89_Grad said:

Francis said:

Borowolf10 said:

Idk about y'all but I like to think State grads are reasonable and grounded and understand the role of a public university in society and where the money should come from. It just doesn't seem very "State" to me to chase accolades by donating millions.
Wolfer79
Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

89_Grad said:

Francis said:

Borowolf10 said:

Idk about y'all but I like to think State grads are reasonable and grounded and understand the role of a public university in society and where the money should come from. It just doesn't seem very "State" to me to chase accolades by donating millions.
NC State Day of Giving
$59,103,657
14,272 donors

https://dayofgiving.ncsu.edu/
Wolfpack
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

89_Grad said:

Francis said:

Borowolf10 said:

NC State Day of Giving
$59,103,657
14,272 donors

Largely towards education, I assume. Nothing against donating to athletics, we all do it for season tickets, but come on, zoom out a little bit. If you have funny money, sure. A lot of us are first generation college grads and want to build generational wealth for our families first.
Wolfpacklife
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfpack said:

Wolfpacklife said:

89_Grad said:

Francis said:

Borowolf10 said:

NC State Day of Giving
$59,103,657
14,272 donors

This was a ginormous achievement. Just as a clarification to my sarcastic post above, I think a lot of state fans prioritize academic gifts which is how it should be.

DrummerboyWolf
I stopped watching last night when it was 12-1 and had no idea it was a 21-1 final until later on last night. It is just one game and as I said those runs don't carry over.

After my freshmen year at State, I was 19 and was asked by the recreation director in Jacksonville to coach a 13 and 14 year old junior league baseball team. He knew I had played on a couple of All Star teams, umpired once or twice for him, and had kept score for several years, so he knew I knew the game. The draft had already taken place and I had no choice on who was on the team because it was a brand new team. They did place who they thought was the best player trying out on my team and he was very good.

Early in the season we played the best team in the league. They beat us 23-1 in five innings. The umpire, a guy I had played with in regular season and All Stars asked me and my best friend if we wanted to forfeit when the game was 14-1 or something like that and we told him to pound sand. Next time we played this team, and they ended up being the league champions, we beat them 6-2. My best player pitched an excellent game for the win.

Things definitely look dark after yesterday's beating, but it is baseball and anything can happen. They may stomp us again because they are very good, but we might give them a game too and possibly could win. So don't give up the ship just yet. It's going to be tough to win two games in Fayetteville, but we knew that from the start. Right now we just have to win one game. Let's roll out the balls and bats and see where are at the end of the day.

GO PACK!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfpack
Arkansas fans are a different breed on Twitter. They've been personally attacking our players on our team's Twitter account. I'll be glad when this is over. Good riddance. No one likes elitist bull*****
Cthepack
DrummerboyWolf said:

I stopped watching last night when it was 12-1 and had no idea it was a 21-1 final until later on last night. It is just one game and as I said those runs don't carry over.

21-2.
Wolfpack
Cthepack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

21-2.

We technically scored the last run. Rally time!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.