Football Recruiting

488,490 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by toddl
RyanMB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have no information but I think we go 3 for 3 on these guys.
RyanMB
Payton Wilson injured his knee and will likely red shirt.
RyanMB
Zonavan Knight is running with the Pack!
Thunderhill
RyanMB said:

What??? Again?
RyanMB
Thunderhill said:

RyanMB said:

What??? Again?

Yep. It was the same knee.
RyanMB
Josh Harris looks like a grown man sitting behind the table ready to make his announcement.
RyanMB
Josh Harris picks the Pack! Huge pickup.
Thunderhill
Supper gonna taste even better tonight....
RyanMB
Thunderhill said:

Dessert will be Khalid Martin tomorrow. We are going 3 for 3.
Thunderhill
RyanMB said:

Thunderhill said:

Dessert will be Khalid Martin tomorrow. We are going 3 for 3.
I remember several years ago when uNC was doing well recruiting in-state, trolls who would come over to PP and say things like 'Man, uNC is really killing us in-state'. Or 'Wow uNC is rolling us in-state'. Funny, now they seem to be quiet, very quiet....lol.
RyanMB
The defensive line we have for 2019 is impressive. Three 4 star already committed and I think we add Jacoby Jones to that list. This is going to be a special class.
RyanMB
Khalid Martin makes it 3 for 3.
Thunderhill
Take a good look at what CDD and staff have done recruiting this defense. I've been a State fan since the Bo Rein days and never seen anything like this.
RyanMB
We now have a solid Top 15 class and as long as we don't totally implode this season we have a legitimate shot at winning an ACC title within the next 5 years IMO. The future looks very bright.
Thunderhill
I really didn't have a feel as to where Martin would go-glad he chose the Pack. I feel cautiously optimistic about JR Walker. What a great safety tandem they could be playing together for 4 years.
RyanMB
Thunderhill said:

I really didn't have a feel as to where Martin would go-glad he chose the Pack. I feel cautiously optimistic about JR Walker. What a great safety tandem they could be playing together for 4 years.
I like our chances with Walker also. Jacoby Jones is another that I think we get. The defense all together looks scary. I honestly couldn't be happier with the class we have so far.
RyanMB
I also think we have a good shot at Freshwater and Battle.
DrummerboyWolf
RyanMB said:

Freshwater has to get his grades in order. Battle may wait too long unless he is a silent verbal.
RyanMB
DrummerboyWolf said:

RyanMB said:

Freshwater has to get his grades in order. Battle may wait too long unless he is a silent verbal.
I have zero inside info so I will take your word on the Freshwater thing. I hope we keep a spot for Battle, I really like his game.
mroll
Unreal what the Pack is doing on the recruiting trail. 3 big-time prospects in two days! Congrats to the staff They are obviously working their butts off, and it shows!

This is fun!
Thunderhill
This class needs at least one more-maybe two really good CB's. The back seven have not been a strength for sometime.
GuerrillaPack
Thunderhill said:

You should subscribe to premium. Based on info posted on the premium board, we were 99% sure all day that Khalid was choosing NC State. The IPS staff posted an article with their predictions. Someone posted early in the day yesterday on the premium boards that their wife worked at East Forsyth and they had sources that Khalid was picking the Pack. There is a ton of discussion and info on the premium board, from which subscribers will usually know ahead of time what's going on.
GuerrillaPack
Thunderhill said:

This class needs at least one more-maybe two really good CB's. The back seven have not been a strength for sometime.
The 2018 class included two very good CBs-- 4*s Graves and Taiyon Palmer.

Let's assume we want to take two CBs in this class. Commit Jalen Frazier is taking one of those CB spots. For the other CB, the main options appear to be Warren Burrell, Tyus Fields, and Shyheim Battle, all 4*s.
NatePait94
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall seeing that Palmer got injured?
GuerrillaPack
NatePait94 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall seeing that Palmer got injured?
Yeah, someone said they saw it on Palmer's instagram where he had a cast on his leg. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else, but maybe it has been. Don't know what the exact injury is. If it's just a broken bone, hopefully he can heal in 6-8 weeks and still be ready to go early in the season.
NatePait94
cool deal. To also beat the drum, I also believe you all would benefit from premium. Seems as if 99% of the questions asked here are answered on premium, sometimes even weeks prior to the question.

We can't divulge information posted over there with a clear conscious. Especially as current subscribers. To me, it is a very fine line that I don't plan to tip-toe. You guys just need to have faith that it truly is worth "Getting Inside".
redculler
I agree that Premium is probably the way to go for information, but it's funny how you just ask for confirmation of an injury on the free board and got an answer.
NatePait94
It's because the information of him being injured was posted on premium side probably a month ago. With the crazy amount of info posted daily, I need reaffirmation sometimes to make sure I am remembering things correctly.
nryanh94
redculler said:

I agree that Premium is probably the way to go for information, but it's funny how you just ask for confirmation of an injury on the free board and got an answer.

One thing you won't get on Premium is info about injuries until the team or player releases it publicly. James and Steve are very good about not speculating/putting out stuff on injuries. Pretty sure that breaks some type of Hippa law anyway. What you will get is all of the recruiting info. that you could ever want, plus more. Info on the current roster situations/team dynamics, and a crap ton of other cool articles/features (chat) that you won't get on any other state forum. Hell, you probably get more info. from one premium chat on here than you do from The wolfpacker and pick pride combined in a months period.
redculler
Makes since that they wouldn't confirm it until the school releases the information. Thanks for the clarification.
Thunderhill
Saw on TOS that State is getting a visit from former 4-star dual QB Cord Sandberg July 25-26. It's apparently between LSU, Auburn and State. He's been playing pro baseball for 6 years and is now going to play college football.
TheEagle
Why are we interested in eating up a scholarship for a guy at that age that hasn't played football in 6 years? I don't understand the logic in this unless we are hurting at QB, and that doesn't seem to be the case.
packphinsfan
I think the logical reason is #1) we missed on who we wanted this year in the QB position and #2) this is a 4 star kid who threw like 35 TD`s and one pick his senior year. And he could run. One thing I think we have learned is if our staff is interested, understand they did their homework, and this kid must be good. Not to mention mature. Think Weinke.
PicklePacker
We are QBU.So I can understand why he'd be interested in the Pack. That being said, I'm hoping we already have our QB for the next few years .
MikeQuick22
Big pick up with Shyheim Battle committing to the Pack today.

Welcome young man!!

Light It Red!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.