Football Recruiting

481,069 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by toddl
Thunderhill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PicklePacker said:

TheEagle said:

UNC is kicking our ass in recruiting. This ain't our state anymore.
Nope it belongs to Wake Forest.
Actually, it belongs to ASU.
toddl
Staff

12/1 - The 2019 season is officially complete. Thank you to the 10 or 12 seniors who are leaving the team.
12/1 - For now I am ASSUMING that Tyrone Riley will be granted a 6th year and will return in 2020. I will update the chart at a later date if different information arises.
12/1 - 10 freshmen from 2019 played >4 games will be sophomores in 2020: Houston, Knight, Lesane, Ekwonu, Jackson, Scott, Thomas, Powell, Harris, Shimko.
12/1 - 2 upperclassmen redshirted 2019: Jones, Gunter. 13 freshmen redshirted 2019: Evans, Mimms, Toudle, Walker, Lindsay, McKay, McMahon, Clark, Harris, Dawkins, Battle, Frazier, Martin.
12/1 - RSJR QB Matt McKay leaves the team.
12/1 - RSSR OL Justin Chase leaves the team.
12/8 - K Ian Williams commits!
12/9 - WR Chris Scott commits!
12/9 - JR S De'Von Graves leaves the team.
12/16 - DE Pheldarius Payne decommits.
12/16 - CB Joshua Pierre-Louis commits!
12/18 - OL Austin Blaske decommits.
1/6 - 8 freshmen enroll in January.
1/7 - RSSR LB Brock Miller leaves the team.
1/8 - OL Anthony Carter commits!
1/9 - RSJR OL Kollin Byers leaves the team.
1/15 - RSSR CB Nick McCloud leaves the team.
1/15 - I'm adding RSSR OL Justin Chase back to the roster. I thought he was transferring but he's still on the GoPack roster.
1/20 - RSSO DE Joe Boletepelli leaves the team.
1/26 - DE Claude Larkins commits!
1/26 - DT Nick Booker-Brown commits!
2/14 - SR OL Joshua Fedd-Jackson leaves the team.
2/23 - DE Daniel Joseph transfers to NC State! He will arrive for the 2020 season as a RS-SR with one year of eligibility.
toddl
Staff

12/1 - The 2019 season is officially complete. Thank you to the 10 or 12 seniors who are leaving the team.
12/1 - For now I am ASSUMING that Tyrone Riley will be granted a 6th year and will return in 2020. I will update the chart at a later date if different information arises.
12/1 - 10 freshmen from 2019 played >4 games will be sophomores in 2020: Houston, Knight, Lesane, Ekwonu, Jackson, Scott, Thomas, Powell, Harris, Shimko.
12/1 - 2 upperclassmen redshirted 2019: Jones, Gunter. 13 freshmen redshirted 2019: Evans, Mimms, Toudle, Walker, Lindsay, McKay, McMahon, Clark, Harris, Dawkins, Battle, Frazier, Martin.
1/15 - I'm adding RSSR OL Justin Chase back to the roster. I thought he was transferring but he's still on the GoPack roster.
2/23 - DE Daniel Joseph transfers to NC State! He will arrive for the 2020 season as a RS-SR with one year of eligibility.
3/7 - WR Julian Gray commits!
3/10 - WR Jakolbe Baldwin commits!
toddl
Staff

4/10 - CB Mario Love commits!
4/11 - RSSR OL Justin Chase leaves the team for real this time.
4/15 - RB JuJu McDowell commits!
Wlfpacka7
So Shipley is expected to commit to Clemson today. Any insight?
WolfpackSI
Shipley to Clemson
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
toddl
Staff

4/10 - CB Mario Love commits!
4/11 - RSSR OL Justin Chase leaves the team for real this time.
4/15 - RB JuJu McDowell commits!
5/14 - QB Aaron McLaughlin commits!
5/26 - OL Jaleel Davis commits!
5/28 - OL Thornton Gentry commits!
6/2 - WR Micah Crowell commits!
6/3 - RB JuJu McDowell decommits.
6/3 - SR S Isaiah Stallings leaves the team.
6/4 - CB Nate Evans commits!
6/8 - RSSO OL Gabe Gonzalez leaves the team.
6/9 - LB Caden Fordham commits!
6/19 - DT Jayden Tate commits!
6/19 - DE Travali Price commits!
6/21 - S Sean Brown commits!
Larry Wolf
JuJu McDowell decommitted tonight. Did we expect him to decommit? Do we think we'll take another RB? There are a lot of RBs on our roster, and Delbert Mimms redshirted this season.

It seems we may have missed on Trevion Cooley. I think I remember James or Steve saying on the podcast that our staff hasn't been in touch recently.

Thoughts?
toddl
Staff

6/24 - All remaining 2020 commits have been added to the GoPack roster: 13 freshmen, plus upperclassman Joseph.
6/29 - SRs Dylan Autenrieth and CJ Riley have preemptively been granted 6th year waivers by the NCAA. They can return to the team for the 2021 season. The scholarship counts on this spreadsheet do not reflect this possibility.
7/1 - RB Demie Sumo commits!
7/4 - TE Cedric Seaborn commits!
7/4 - TE Fredrick Seaborn commits!
7/20 - OL Lyndon Cooper commts!
7/22 - S Rakeim Ashford commits! He comes in eligible to play in 2020 as a true sophomore with 4 to play 3.
7/23 - Heights and weights updated from fall training camp
7/24 - FR Devan Boykin moves from S to CB
7/24 - RJR Dante Johnson moves from DT to DE
7/24 - FR Joshua Pierre-Louis moves from CB to S
toddl
Staff
Gabe Gonzalez will be a RSSO this season. He left the team on June 8th.
Thunderhill
Poole in!!!
toddl
Staff

6/24 - All remaining 2020 commits have been added to the GoPack roster: 13 freshmen, plus upperclassman Joseph.
6/29 - SRs Dylan Autenrieth and CJ Riley have preemptively been granted 6th year waivers by the NCAA. They can return to the team for the 2021 season. The scholarship counts on this spreadsheet do not reflect this possibility.
7/22 - S Rakeim Ashford commits! He comes in eligible to play in 2020 as a true sophomore with 4 to play 3.
8/8 - LB Jordan Poole commits!
9/4 - DE Zyun Reeves commits!
9/14 - LB Louis Acceus leaves the team due to injuries.
10/6 - S Chase Hattley commits!
toddl
Staff

10/x - Max Fisher moves from WR to S
11/18 - CB Darion Dunn commits! He transfers in as a RS SR with one season of eligibility remaining.
12/1 - RSSO CB Malik Dunlap leaves the team
12/1 - OL Chandler Zavala commits! He transfers in as a RS SR for the 2021 season.
NCSU1995
Darion Dunn to Texas.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Darion-Dunn-flips-signs-Texas-Longhorns-football-recruiting-National-Signing-Day-2020-156958731/
toddl
Staff

11/18 - CB Darion Dunn commits! He will be a RS SR for the 2021 season with one season of eligibility remaining.
12/1 - OL Chandler Zavala commits! He will be a RS SR for the 2021 season.
12/x - 7 freshmen have burned their redshirts in the 2020 season. Rooks, Smith, Booker-Brown, Betty, White, Boykin, Pierre Louis
12/14 - CB Darion Dunn decommits.
12/14 - SR S Cyrus Fagan commits! He will be a COV-SR for the 2021 season.
12/14 - DL Cory Durden commits! He will be a SR in the 2021 season
12/14 - RSFR QB Ty Evans leaves the team.
12/14 - RSSO LB Calvin Hart leaves the team.
12/15 - FR DE Nick Booker-Brown leaves the team.
redculler
I think Palmer is in the transfer portal as well.
toddl
Staff
dammit
toddl
Staff

11/18 - CB Darion Dunn commits! He will be a RS SR for the 2021 season with one season of eligibility remaining.
12/1 - OL Chandler Zavala commits! He will be a RS SR for the 2021 season.
12/x - 7 freshmen have burned their redshirts in the 2020 season. Rooks, Smith, Booker-Brown, Betty, White, Boykin, Pierre Louis
12/6 - RSSO CB Taiyon Palmer leaves the team.
12/14 - CB Darion Dunn decommits.
12/14 - SR S Cyrus Fagan commits! He will be a COV-SR for the 2021 season.
12/14 - DL Cory Durden commits! He will be a SR in the 2021 season
12/14 - RSFR QB Ty Evans leaves the team.
12/14 - RSSO LB Calvin Hart leaves the team.
12/15 - FR DE Nick Booker-Brown leaves the team.
12/18 - OL Anthony Belton commits! He will be a SO in the 2021 season.

redculler
We have a ton of offensive lineman now. Does that hint that some are moving on as graduates? Players like Witt, Riley, and Sculthorpe....
redculler
I love this chart! Very well done!!! By the way...I'm pretty sure Val Martin is gone too. He entered the transfer portal about the same time Ty Evans enterred.
toddl
Staff
redculler said:

I love this chart! Very well done!!! By the way...I'm pretty sure Val Martin is gone too. He entered the transfer portal about the same time Ty Evans enterred.

The Senior thing is kinda weird to put in writing. Do I have to state that seniors won't be returning? Or should I indicate which seniors will be returning? Beats me. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to format it for next year at all
Wolfer79
toddl said:

redculler said:

The Senior thing is kinda weird to put in writing. Do I have to state that seniors won't be returning? Or should I indicate which seniors will be returning? Beats me. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to format it for next year at all

since they don't count vs scholarship count for 2021, don't put in table or list in separate color under seniors but do not include in count is my initial thought.

I would not list 2020 seniors as returning until they announce they are returning, particularly those that participated in Senior Day recognition

Technician

NC State players honored on Senior Day include:

CB Chris Ingram
DE Daniel Joseph
LB Louis Acceus
TE Cary Angeline
TE Dylan Autenrieth
OT Tyrone Riley
OT Justin Witt
OG Joe Sculthorpe
WR Emeka Emezie
DT Alim McNeill
redculler
Here is my 2 cents worth...I would leave all the seniors on the chart as seniors unless they say they are gone. Case in point...Martin said he is gone so take him out. The reality is we probably won't know for sure who all is coming back until the spring roster.
toddl
Staff
Also, if they're planning on playing in the bowl game, I'm gonna leave them on the chart. I only remove players when they leave the team and get removed from the roster. Val Martin is still on the team as of today, so I'm leaving him on the chart. This is still the 2020 roster. I'll update it to the 2021 roster after this season ends.

(on the other hand, i can actually look at the roster and see that Val is not on it. I thought he was finishing out the season and then entering the draft. Shows what I know...)
WolfpackSI
What are the chances that we bring Des back? Probably won't be retained by the new coaching staff at SCar. He was such a good recruiter for us. Would love to bring him back to Raleigh but there might be some bad blood between him and DD
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
redculler
In order to bring him back you would first need to let one of the coaches go. Who would you let go?
williewolf
WolfpackSI said:

What are the chances that we bring Des back? Probably won't be retained by the new coaching staff at SCar. He was such a good recruiter for us. Would love to bring him back to Raleigh but there might be some bad blood between him and DD
I think it has been announced already that Beamer retained him at USC
dj5377
toddl said:

redculler said:

I love your chart too. Thanks for doing this and keeping it going. I do my best to keep what amounts to a replica myself. I decided to create two senior columns. A "super senior" column that includes 10 (your current 13 minus Angeline, Sculthorpe, and Martin), then a regular senior column that includes 16 (your 17 minus McNeill).

That pushes the total roster to 96, 10 of which are super seniors, so I think we would need attrition of 1 to get us down to 85 plus super seniors.

Also for scholarships available to the the 2021 recruiting class I took roster (96) minus both senior columns (10+16) leaving us with 70 on the 2022 roster, and leaving 15 current scholarships available for this cycle.

The crazy part is that all the players in the "regular senior" column from Hockman to Gill could theoretically choose to come back in the 2022 season, and we would already be out of scholarships for this cycle. I don't know how programs across the country are going to manage this this year. I've heard suggestions that they will need to increase the roster limit again in 2022 and phase it back over the next 3 years. I don't know how anyone will get down to 85 when you start with 96, try to sign a class, and only 10 players "have" to leave.
toddl
Staff
dj5377 said:

toddl said:

redculler said:

I love your chart too. Thanks for doing this and keeping it going. I do my best to keep what amounts to a replica myself. I decided to create two senior columns. A "super senior" column that includes 10 (your current 13 minus Angeline, Sculthorpe, and Martin), then a regular senior column that includes 16 (your 17 minus McNeill).
That's my take as well. The official take seems to be that everyone's class (FR/SO/JR/SR) will remain the same next year, and I disagree with that. I think it's more logical to go ahead and advance everyone as they would normally (FR in 2020 will be SO in 2021), but add a 6th class at the end for "COV-SR" or "Super Seniors". That column will remain on the left side as long as the rules allow it. When doing the math for the 85 limit, all you have to do is not include the 6th column, and then take special considerations for transfers, and that's it.
toddl
Staff
Things are going to be dicey for a little while with regard to the roster.
I've turned this into a 6-column chart with a new column for COV-SR on the far left. This is for the free additional year due to Covid. Any transfers into the COV-SR column still count toward the 85, though (Zavala and Fagan)

1/5/21 - The 2020 season is over. Updates to the roster for the new year include:
Chris Ingram redshirted 2020
14 true freshmen redshirted 2020
6 true freshmen played in 2020 and will be SO in 2021 (Rooks, Smith, Betty, Boykin, White, Pierre-Louis)
COV-SRs do not count for toward the 85 limit, except for incoming transfers (Zavala, Fagan)
Angeline, Martin, Autenrieth, Sculthorpe, and Witt decline to return for their COV-SR year
McNeill leaves for the NFL after his JR season
1/6 - RSSR QB Baily Hockman transfers
1/19 - CB Derrek Pitts commits! He transfers in as a RSSR and will have 2 years to play counting his free COV-SR year.
1/27 - 13 incoming freshmen plus 3 transfers (Belton, Pitts, Fagan) enroll in January and are added to the roster

toddl
Staff

1/5/21 - The 2020 season is over. Updates to the roster for the new year include:
6 true freshmen played in 2020 and will be SO in 2021 (Rooks, Smith, Betty, Boykin, White, Pierre-Louis)
COV-SRs do not count for toward the 85 limit, except for incoming transfers (Zavala, Fagan)
Angeline, Martin, Autenrieth, Sculthorpe, and Witt decline to return for their COV-SR year
1/19 - CB Derrek Pitts commits! He transfers in as a RSSR and will have 2 years to play counting his free COV-SR year.
1/27 - 13 incoming freshmen plus 3 transfers (Belton, Pitts, Fagan) enroll in January and are added to the roster
4/14 - C Rylan Vann commits!
May - Chandler Zavala and Corey Durden enroll.
5/27 - RSSR DE Dante Johnson transfers.
6/3 - QB MJ Morris commits!
1985 NCSU Grad
https://insidepacksports.com/s/7362/commit-alert-4-star-qb-mj-morris-picks-nc-state
toddl
Staff

6/6 - DL Nick Campbell commits!
6/8 - LB Daejuan Thompson commits!
6/8 - LB Torren Wright commits!
6/14 - CB Jackson Vick commits!
6/18 - RB Michael Allen commits!
6/21 - DB Isaiah Crowell commits!
6/24 - DB Darius Edmondson commits! (I'm kind of guessing at his projected class for now)
6/25 - DL Brandon Cleveland commits!
6/28 - The rest of the incoming freshmen enroll and are added to the roster.
7/2 - RB Bennett Galloway commits!
7/28 - CB Darius Edmondson enrolls for the 2021 season.
8/1 - DT Davin Jackson commits!
toddl
Staff

6/6 - DL Nick Campbell commits!
6/8 - LB Daejuan Thompson commits!
6/8 - LB Torren Wright commits!
6/14 - CB Jackson Vick commits!
6/18 - RB Michael Allen commits!
6/21 - DB Isaiah Crowell commits!
6/24 - DB Darius Edmondson commits!
6/25 - DL Brandon Cleveland commits!
6/28 - The rest of the incoming freshmen enroll and are added to the roster.
7/2 - RB Bennett Galloway commits!
7/28 - CB Darius Edmondson enrolls for the 2021 season.
8/1 - DT Davin Jackson commits!
Aug - RSJR LB Seth Williams is no longer on the roster.
9/19 - WR Terrell Timmons commits!

ncsufan13
Man this thread died lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.