Football Recruiting

481,070 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by toddl
LoanWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DrummerboyWolf said:

Coach Doeren and Coach Huxtable were at the Orange High School game last night. Apparently Payton Wilson is still in play.

Anyone know what kind of chance we have of flipping him?
LoanWolf
Looks like Fedora was there too and flew in on a helicopter.
DrummerboyWolf
LoanWolf said:

Looks like Fedora was there too and flew in on a helicopter.
And the hat left at halftime. DD and DH stayed the whole game. I would assume that a flip is very possible or the coaches would not be wasting the time. Just my opinion.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
RowanWolf
Hat took a helicopter from Cheater Hill to Hillsborough? Must have Ron White's manager....
Glasswolf
RowanWolf said:

Hat took a helicopter from Cheater Hill to Hillsborough? Must have Ron White's manager....
Yep...That 14 mile drive can be tough on a Friday night
JacksonWilliford
RowanWolf said:

He left that game to attend the Clayton/South Johnston matchup via copter from what I understand
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
Colonel Armstrong
UNC just lost a 4* QB today. He decommitted and it looks like he's going to Oregon. You're next Payton!
Bell Tower Grey
LoanWolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Coach Doeren and Coach Huxtable were at the Orange High School game last night. Apparently Payton Wilson is still in play.

Anyone know what kind of chance we have of flipping him?
I'm guessing chances are good he's listening to State. Hell, the holes lost that 4 star qb commit - Tyler Shough today. I'm guessing they may lose several.
Colonel Armstrong
Some immediate PT opened up at LB for next year. Riley Nicholson is using a medical hardship waiver and is done playing football. I feel awful for him and it's a big hit for our depth chart next season.

This opens up another LB spot. Hopefully we can get one of Keshon Artis, Payton Wilson, or Eriq Gilyard.
wolverinepack20
Brock Miller also out... we're THIN at LB.
LoanWolf
Looks like it's down to UCF and State for Gilyard. Anyone know what our chances are?
ClePack
Here we go:

The first person has predicted Payton Wilson to flip from UNC to NC State on 247sports.com. I don't want to get too excited, but could DD's contract extension ease some doubt on these kid's minds? I mean, Alim mcneil held off on his recruitment because he wanted to be sure DD was his coach. I wonder if DD being extended will push Payton because he will know that Dave will be his coach for his entire tenure at State.
JacksonWilliford
ClePack said:

Here we go:

The first person has predicted Payton Wilson to flip from UNC to NC State on 247sports.com. I don't want to get too excited, but could DD's contract extension ease some doubt on these kid's minds? I mean, Alim mcneil held off on his recruitment because he wanted to be sure DD was his coach. I wonder if DD being extended will push Payton because he will know that Dave will be his coach for his entire tenure at State.

Why not us?

EthanBarry
Staff
She works for the Clemson site and has a pretty good track record. Certainly encouraging
IseWolf22
ClePack said:

Here we go:

Was that ever confirmed about McNeil?
RyanMB
I know we have one kicker committed for next year but I would really like to see us take another one to have real competition. Any possibility this happens?
Colonel Armstrong
RyanMB said:

I know we have one kicker committed for next year but I would really like to see us take another one to have real competition. Any possibility this happens?
We're already going to have three kickers on scholarship next year. That's already two too many.
RyanMB
cof17wolf said:

RyanMB said:

We're already going to have three kickers on scholarship next year. That's already two too many.
So we are going to keep two that can't make a field goal?
Bell Tower Grey
cof17wolf said:

RyanMB said:

Not if two of them aren't really worth a damn kicking field goals and extra point attempts.
COrockclimber
I was under the impression Carson Wise is NOT on scholarship.
RowanWolf
Even if he is, he's a grad transfer and won't be on the team next year anyway.
dogplasma
RowanWolf said:

Even if he is, he's a grad transfer and won't be on the team next year anyway.
Yes, I think he will (or can). His GoPack.com bio says he has two seasons to play at NC State.
Pack31
So.....give me Wilkins, Gywn, McNeil, Wilson, Davis, Gilyard/Artis(one of the 2) and call it a class! Please.
Engineer97
Watch out for the Wilson kid.
WolfpackSI
Engineer97 said:

Dude has Luke Kuechly written all over him...I'll be so upset if the hat ruins him
ClePack
Engineer97 said:

Glasswolf
RyanMB said:

99 Gill, Trenton 6-4 187 P/K Fr.

92 Bambard, Kyle 5-8 190 PK Jr.

93 Giroux, Noah 6-0 205 PK Fr.

35 Maples, Jackson 5-10 195 R-Jr.

These guys can return next year along with AJ Cole III

Add in Chris Dunn and tell me again why we need another kicker when by #'s we only have one scholarship to give out?
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
COrockclimber said:

I was under the impression Carson Wise is NOT on scholarship.
Yes he is and has another year left.

Glasswolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

cof17wolf said:

RyanMB said:

Not if two of them aren't really worth a damn kicking field goals and extra point attempts.
So are you suggesting we revoke the scholarships of kids that "aren't worth a damn'?

desiwolf
Pack31 said:

So.....give me Wilkins, Gywn, McNeil, Wilson, Davis, Gilyard/Artis(one of the 2) and call it a class! Please.
Who is Wilkins? And don't forget Boletepeli. He is a stud too.

Who among this list is likely to commit next?
JacksonWilliford
Engineer97 said:

That's interesting, considering he claimed he was 100% all in on UNC in an interview IC did with him
Why not us?

goosewolf
Wilson would be interesting and as a defensive player it would seem clear that he has more potential at State or Clemson than UNC. Hope he wears red.
Bell Tower Grey
Glasswolf said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

cof17wolf said:

RyanMB said:

So are you suggesting we revoke the scholarships of kids that "aren't worth a damn'?
Glass, I never said anything about revoking a scholarship from anyone. At all.

I said two of them "weren't worth a damn kicking field goals and extra point attempts". Bambard and Wise are the two. We need someone that can do the job. Hopefully Chris Dunn is the one to do that. Another poster stated they would like to see us take another kicker.

Given that KB and CW are less than good, and no one will explain what the hell is going on with Maples (perhaps he's decided not to kick anymore - who knows, I guess but him?), and the other freshmen listed haven't been given an in game opportunity for whatever reason then maybe we do need to try to secure another reliable kicker either by walk on or scholarship to help out in case Dunn gets hurt.
EthanBarry
Staff
desiwolf said:

Pack31 said:

Who is Wilkins? And don't forget Boletepeli. He is a stud too.

Who among this list is likely to commit next?
Joe Wilkins is a defensive back. Not sure what'll happen with Boletepeli. He's looking around.
As for next to commit, Eriq Gilyard is announcing on Sunday between State and UCF
LoanWolf
All the crystal ball predictions have Gilyard to UCF.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.