Football Recruiting

481,067 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by toddl
EthanBarry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
packphinsfan said:

Besides Jordan Davis and Palmer are there any other prospects we could sign soon?
Davis didn't sign with Georgia? I'm not sure that we actually wanted him anyway, so I doubt we change our minds even if he didn't sign
EthanBarry
Staff
packphinsfan said:

cof17wolf said:

Does this mean he is thinking about us or puzzled? Thoughts?
Useless trying to read into a teenagers tweet but he's certainly considering us. We are probably the favorite
Thunderhill
wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

Besides Jordan Davis and Palmer are there any other prospects we could sign soon?
Davis didn't sign with Georgia? I'm not sure that we actually wanted him anyway, so I doubt we change our minds even if he didn't sign
He was offered by Doeren so State wanted him. To say otherwise sounds like sour grapes. Wish him well where ever he goes....
EthanBarry
Staff
Thunderhill said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

He was offered by Doeren so State wanted him. To say otherwise sounds like sour grapes. Wish him well where ever he goes....
https://herosports.com/college-football/college-football-recruiting-sec-rankings-offers-tennessee-iowa-state-ahah

According to this we offered 225 players. An offer doesn't mean a whole lot. We offered him and he was one of our top targets at one point. Once we saw his senior year film we slowed our pursuit of him.
Colonel Armstrong
wkdbigpckfan said:

Thunderhill said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

https://herosports.com/college-football/college-football-recruiting-sec-rankings-offers-tennessee-iowa-state-ahah

According to this we offered 225 players. An offer doesn't mean a whole lot. We offered him and he was one of our top targets at one point. Once we saw his senior year film we slowed our pursuit of him.
We were going after him as an OT but I guess UGA would've let him play DT. I'll be honest his film isn't very impressive, he looks gigantic but really slow. Either way if a player is good enough that UGA wants him, that's probably a guy we should want as well. Plus he would continue our pipeline of Mallard Creek players.
Colonel Armstrong
We picked up a crystal ball for Traveon Freshwater. He's a 2019 4* LB from Elizabeth City.

I'd like to get him solely because his name is badass.
toddl
Staff

12/29 - The 2017 season is officially complete. Thank you to the 15 seniors who are leaving the team
12/29 - 3 upperclassmen redshirted the 2017 season (Murchison, Griffin, Phillips). 13 freshmen redshirted the 2017 season.
12/29 - The 2019 recruiting class starts with 1 commit: LS Drew Little
packphinsfan
We just got a former 4* TE from Southern Cal who is transferring (3 to play 3) in. Cant remember name.
NatePait94
Cary Angeline
Colonel Armstrong
Angeline had offers from all the big time northeast programs. Should be an immediate contributor with Cole Cook graduating.
JacksonWilliford
cof17wolf said:

Angeline had offers from all the big time northeast programs. Should be an immediate contributor with Cole Cook graduating.
6'7 with great hands and great speed (supposedly runs a 4.7 40?.) USC fans were raving at his potential and he instantly becomes a scary red zone target
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
apackfan69
NatePait94 said:

Cary Angeline
Awesome name.
Thunderhill
apackfan69 said:

NatePait94 said:

Cary Angeline
Awesome name.
Oh! Angeline!, Why can't you be true. Oh ! Angeline!, Why can't you be true? As long as you're in red and not that fairy blue...
TheWhiteWolf
Any word on Palmer?
EthanBarry
Staff
TheWhiteWolf said:

Any word on Palmer?
Visting in January
IseWolf22
I know it's super early, but are there any rumblings about 2019 recruits? Any optimism about back to back strong classes?
nryanh94
IseWolf22 said:

I know it's super early, but are there any rumblings about 2019 recruits? Any optimism about back to back strong classes?

We're the leaders for Freshwater and most likely Drake Thomas. Then you have in state guys like Savion Jackson and Crouch that every school in the country want.
Colonel Armstrong
wkdbigpckfan said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Any word on Palmer?
Visting in January
January 19th according to 247
packphinsfan
Would anyone like to start a 2019 football recruiting thread? I can, just dont want to overstep. Seems like there is enough good stuff happening with Crouch, Thomas, et al that it may be worth it.
duckfatrules
packphinsfan said:

Would anyone like to start a 2019 football recruiting thread? I can, just dont want to overstep. Seems like there is enough good stuff happening with Crouch, Thomas, et al that it may be worth it.
is 2019 football recruiting not what this thread is about now? .
nothing much to discuss about 2018 football recruiting
packphinsfan
duckfatrules said:

packphinsfan said:

Seemed like it was more about 2018 to me. No biggie, just asking. And I also dont know how many pages does it take for these things to reach max capacity? 50 pages?
IseWolf22
packphinsfan said:

duckfatrules said:

Seemed like it was more about 2018 to me. No biggie, just asking. And I also dont know how many pages does it take for these things to reach max capacity? 50 pages?
We have a lot more space before we hit 50 pages at the pace this thread has been going. So post away on 2019, I'd love to hear some updates.
Colonel Armstrong
Another 2019 guy we look good for is Christian Rorie. We were the first to offer and he called us his 'dream school.' UNC just offered a few weeks ago.

https://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Rorie-46043110
EthanBarry
Staff
Taiyon Palmer got offered by ND and Clemson. Believe he visits next weekend
toddl
Staff

12/29 - The 2017 season is officially complete. Thank you to the 15 seniors who are leaving the team
12/29 - 3 upperclassmen redshirted the 2017 season (Murchison, Griffin, Phillips). 13 freshmen redshirted the 2017 season.
12/30 - TE Cary Angeline commits! He will be a RS-SO in 2018 with 3 to play 3.
1/8 - Six freshmen and two JuCos enroll in January. Person, Strickland, Boletepeli, Wilson, Graves, Dunn, Babros, and Miller.
1/12 - SR RB Nyheim Hines leaves the team for the NFL draft.
packphinsfan
wkdbigpckfan said:

Taiyon Palmer got offered by ND and Clemson. Believe he visits next weekend
He is visiting Nebraska this weekend. Us next. If he hasnt committed by Monday, that looks awesome for us.
EthanBarry
Staff

I love this guy. Between him and Payton's comments about Chapel Hill before he committed, this class has some true Wolfpackers
EthanBarry
Staff

^^ the tweet Alim quoted
toddl
Staff

1/8 - Six freshmen and two JuCos enroll in January. Person, Strickland, Boletepeli, Wilson, Graves, Dunn, Babros, and Miller.
1/12 - RSSR OL Will Richardson leaves the team for the NFL draft.
1/13 - Tyrone Riley has moved from DE to OT according to GoPack
1/15 - RSSR QB Jalen McClendon will transfer at the end of the semester.
1/16 - RSJR OL Aaron Wiltz takes a medical disqualification.
Glasswolf
Once we officially close out 2018 we can start a 2019 thread. Only one commit so far and that's LS Drew Little
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

packphinsfan
Glasswolf said:

Once we officially close out 2018 we can start a 2019 thread. Only one commit so far and that's LS Drew Little
Cool. Seeing lots of stuff (and offers) happening there. THAT will be a really fun thread. I can feel it.
EthanBarry
Staff
Taiyon Palmer visiting Clemson this weekend and just got offered by Bama. I'll be holding my breath this weekend
packphinsfan
Give Palmer all the credit in the world: He played the game and won. He let everyone else commit and sign, and stayed behind. Now he is truly the star of the show. Everyone wants him. Doubt we get him now.
4pack
toddl said:

DT and LB positions look thin. Very thin. Let's hope there are no injuries there.
IseWolf22
4pack said:

toddl said:

DT and LB positions look thin. Very thin. Let's hope there are no injuries there.
DT seems to have at least 4 solid options

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.