Football Recruiting

481,058 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by toddl
EthanBarry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
packphinsfan said:

Give Palmer all the credit in the world: He played the game and won. He let everyone else commit and sign, and stayed behind. Now he is truly the star of the show. Everyone wants him. Doubt we get him now.
He's not visiting Clemson anymore so you would figure it's down to us and Nebraska
Engineer97
Dang McKay is just a redshirt Freshman.
desiwolf
wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

Give Palmer all the credit in the world: He played the game and won. He let everyone else commit and sign, and stayed behind. Now he is truly the star of the show. Everyone wants him. Doubt we get him now.
He's not visiting Clemson anymore so you would figure it's down to us and Nebraska
Palmer trending in CB to us. This comes after the Clemson visit was cancelled. Commit coming soon?
EthanBarry
Staff
desiwolf said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

Palmer trending in CB to us. This comes after the Clemson visit was cancelled. Commit coming soon?
Hmmm
packphinsfan
wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

Holy crap?!!! And I guess he realizes how far down the depth chart at Bama. That is awesome!
Colonel Armstrong
Wow! Palmer would be a huge get. It would also mean we flipped both of Duke and UNC's top commits.
Formerly King Leary
EthanBarry
Staff
Well now he tweeted that he's visiting to Tennessee tomorrow so now I'm thoroughly confused
Colonel Armstrong
wkdbigpckfan said:

Well now he tweeted that he's visiting to Tennessee tomorrow so now I'm thoroughly confused
I'd much rather have him visit UT than Clemson. I think Palmer is still pretty wide open. He tweeted out a picture from an in-home with Nebraska.
Formerly King Leary
TheWhiteWolf
cof17wolf said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

I'd much rather have him visit UT than Clemson. I think Palmer is still pretty wide open. He tweeted out a picture from an in-home with Nebraska.
UT is also recruiting 2 younger CBs from Archer as well so that maybe a factor. I know all three had talked about playing together in college so if you can get one you may get 2 other 4* kids later on
EthanBarry
Staff
cof17wolf said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

Nebraska is definitely one of his options. Not sure Clemson would have taken Palmer, he was a backup option for them. Don't think that's the case with Tennessee. I think they want him. For that reason I think Tenn is a serious concern. Still think we are the favorite though.
Glasswolf
Tim McKay just committed
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Thunderhill
6'4" , 280 and just turned 16??? Good grief! Kid will be a monster if he fills out some....lol.
toddl
Staff

12/29 - The 2017 season is officially complete. Thank you to the 15 seniors who are leaving the team
12/29 - 3 upperclassmen redshirted the 2017 season (Murchison, Griffin, Phillips). 13 freshmen redshirted the 2017 season.
12/29 - The 2019 recruiting class starts with 1 commit: LS Drew Little
12/30 - TE Cary Angeline commits! He will be a RS-SO in 2018 with 3 to play 3.
1/8 - Six freshmen and two JuCos enroll in January. Person, Strickland, Boletepeli, Wilson, Graves, Dunn, Babros, and Miller.
1/12 - SR RB Nyheim Hines leaves the team for the NFL draft.
1/12 - RSSR OL Will Richardson leaves the team for the NFL draft.
1/13 - Tyrone Riley has moved from DE to OT according to GoPack
1/15 - RSSR QB Jalen McClendon will transfer at the end of the semester.
1/16 - RSJR OL Aaron Wiltz takes a medical disqualification.
1/28 - RSSO CB Bryce Banks will transfer from NCSU.
1/28 - 2019 OL Tim McKay commits!
packphinsfan
Glasswolf said:

Tim McKay just committed
Glass, why dont you go ahead and start the #19 thread? 2 commits and and a few (the LB) that are real close...
EthanBarry
Staff
packphinsfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Tim McKay just committed
Glass, why dont you go ahead and start the #19 thread? 2 commits and and a few (the LB) that are real close...
Why do we need to start a new thread?
packphinsfan
wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Tim McKay just committed
Glass said we would for 19 as soon as we close out 18. But we are already up to 2 commits with others rumored to be coming very soon. And many offers out. It eliminates confusion over "Is he enrolling this summer?".
EthanBarry
Staff
packphinsfan said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Tim McKay just committed
Glass said we would for 19 as soon as we close out 18. But we are already up to 2 commits with others rumored to be coming very soon. And many offers out. It eliminates confusion over "Is he enrolling this summer?".
Yeah but there's only a week left before 2018 recruiting is over. Why not just wait? That's my point
RIPHarrelsonHall
Palmer will announce on Signing Day, per his Twitter account.

Has a Final 3 of NC State, Tennessee, and Nebraska.
TheEagle
Times sure do change. It wasn't long ago that we were competing against Appalachian, Ga Southern, Richmond, etc. And we seemed to specialize in sleepers from some Christian Academy in Georgia. Now we are competing against Nebraska and Tennessee. Times have changed. I like it!
packphinsfan
wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

packphinsfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Tim McKay just committed
Yeah but there's only a week left before 2018 recruiting is over. Why not just wait? That's my point
Gotcha. Didnt realize we were 1 week out. Sounds good.
EthanBarry
Staff
TheEagle said:

Times sure do change. It wasn't long ago that we were competing against Appalachian, Ga Southern, Richmond, etc. And we seemed to specialize in sleepers from some Christian Academy in Georgia. Now we are competing against Nebraska and Tennessee. Times have changed. I like it!
Most importantly we are winning our fair share of them
Bell Tower Grey
Packfan8
I'm friends with 2019 DB Isaiah Kemp from Hoggard in Wilmington! He was just offered this past weekend and he is thrilled! He has other offers from Wake and Duke as well! He has a lot of interest from Clemson but they haven't offered! But knowing him I think he'll run with the pack
Colonel Armstrong
Palmer got a crystal ball to UT today.
Formerly King Leary
EthanBarry
Staff
cof17wolf said:

Palmer got a crystal ball to UT today.

Gonna have some signing day drama for the first time in a long time
ClePack
looks like Eason is leaning ND at this point. Palmer? No idea
EthanBarry
Staff
ClePack said:

looks like Eason is leaning ND at this point. Palmer? No idea
I think Eason is good as gone at this point
Colonel Armstrong
Eason removed "NC State Commit" from his twitter bio. He gone.
Formerly King Leary
Chicwolf67
Hate to see Eason go if true.
Fourthepack
Not signing during the early period was pretty much all you needed to know with Eason. Sucks but bet he's outty.
NatePait94
Wouldn't waste your breath with his name after that. On to the next one.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
packphinsfan
Is today signing day or next Saturday?
packphinsfan
packphinsfan said:

Is today signing day or next Saturday?
Not to quote myself but just found out it looks like this upcoming Wednesday.
Bell Tower Grey
cof17wolf said:

Eason removed "NC State Commit" from his twitter bio. He gone.
He's the one that has to live with that. Good luck, fella.
COrockclimber
After watching Val Martin's film, who was visiting this weekend, we appear to have a chance to land a solid Juco/CC DT who maintained a 3.0 GPA, graduates in May ... and plays like there is no tomorrow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.