Football Recruiting

484,498 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by toddl
TheWhiteWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LoanWolf said:

All the crystal ball predictions have Gilyard to UCF.
Saw Steve Williams made the same pick, too bad hopefully we can add one of the NC guys
NatePait94
^^^ Might allow more focus on the NC Guys. Ramp up the pressure. We can turn this into a good thing. Either way it goes down.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Thunderhill
If any recruit is watching the uNC dumpster fire football team, one must think they would question the wisdom of going there. They are getting steamrolled by Va. Tech-52-0.
Glasswolf
As expected, LB Eriq Gilyard has committed to UCF.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

IseWolf22
Thunderhill said:

If any recruit is watching the uNC dumpster fire football team, one must think they would question the wisdom of going there. They are getting steamrolled by Va. Tech-52-0.
UNC, Duke, and ECU are all having bad years. Wake looks pretty good but if we can beat them I hope we build some positive recruiting momentum with next years recruits
metrocard1006
Glasswolf said:

I wonder if he will stay committed when Scott Frost takes the Nebraska job after Mike Riley gets fired.
Glasswolf
metrocard1006 said:

Glasswolf said:

I wonder if he will stay committed when Scott Frost takes the Nebraska job after Mike Riley gets fired.
Bunch of people are wondering the same thing. He won't be coming here tho regardless. Word was State was hoping he DID NOT commit to us today.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Colonel Armstrong
Wow so that would imply they feel good about Artis or Wilson.
EthanBarry
Staff
cof17wolf said:

We need 2 more LBs after Nicholson retired... Fa'Najee Gotay also in the mix. But I do agree we should feel good about our chances with them
JacksonWilliford
cof17wolf said:

IseWolf22
cof17wolf said:

DIdn't Wilson recently tell IC he was 100% committed? I mean their season is in a tailspin but they were still like 1-5 at the time of the interview.
EthanBarry
Staff
IseWolf22 said:

cof17wolf said:

DIdn't Wilson recently tell IC he was 100% committed? I mean their season is in a tailspin but they were still like 1-5 at the time of the interview.
He did tell them that. The telling point will be whether or not he is here for the Clemson game. If he is, we've probably got a shot. If not, he's probably sticking with them
TheWhiteWolf
wkdbigpckfan said:

IseWolf22 said:

cof17wolf said:

He did tell them that. The telling point will be whether or not he is here for the Clemson game. If he is, we've probably got a shot. If not, he's probably sticking with them
Can not overlook how big this weeks game is, but do we know who will be in attendance for the clempson game?
RowanWolf
Calling all DT's. If we're striving to be a top program, we're going to need 6 as good as the two starters. Plus, two redshirting and hitting the weights. Right now, we're two deep at DT with four DT's that will probably be in NFL camps....and, after watching that game yesterday...four ain't enough.
Bell Tower Grey
RowanWolf said:

Calling all DT's. If we're striving to be a top program, we're going to need 6 as good as the two starters. Plus, two redshirting and hitting the weights. Right now, we're two deep at DT with four DT's that will probably be in NFL camps....and, after watching that game yesterday...four ain't enough.
We also need cover guys that can turn and intercept or deflect a ball in a bad, bad way.
ClePack
TheWhiteWolf said:

wkdbigpckfan said:

IseWolf22 said:

cof17wolf said:

Can not overlook how big this weeks game is, but do we know who will be in attendance for the clempson game?
Keshon artis will be there
EthanBarry
Staff
RowanWolf said:

Not to get the recruiting thread off track but yeah, we do need more DTs when half of our d-line has to leave with injury... and we are playing the best offensive line in the country
ClePack
Payton Wilson is going to take an official visit to ND in November. We are not the only school UNC has to worry about with this one.
Engineer97
JacksonWilliford said:

Engineer97 said:

Watch out for the Wilson kid.

That's interesting, considering he claimed he was 100% all in on UNC in an interview IC did with him

Yeah that is interesting isn't it?
Colonel Armstrong
DrummerboyWolf
cof17wolf said:

This story says he plans to graduate and enroll at UNC early. I guess we will know before signing day.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
ClePack
Wilson is taking an official visit to NC State for the clem game
DrummerboyWolf
ClePack said:

Maybe not if he is recovering from surgery. He might be in the hospital for a couple days.
ClePack
DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

Maybe not if he is recovering from surgery. He might be in the hospital for a couple days.
https://packinsider.com/2017/10/30/unc-lb-commit-payton-wilson-taking-official-visit-nc-state/

check this article out. They way they word it, it sounds like he told them that he will have surgery and still attend the visit. You could be right though. But that is just how I read it
DrummerboyWolf
ClePack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

https://packinsider.com/2017/10/30/unc-lb-commit-payton-wilson-taking-official-visit-nc-state/

check this article out. They way they word it, it sounds like he told them that he will have surgery and still attend the visit. You could be right though. But that is just how I read it
Oh I wasn't doubting you. Just the timing of surgery and the official visit are pretty close together. I know techniques improve every year with knee surgery, and he is very young, but I still think he will be in the hospital at least a day or two. There is a guy who does outpatient knee replacements in Chicago and has been doing them for several years, so maybe Payton's surgery will be outpatient too.

I hope it works out where he can make it.
DrummerboyWolf
This article states that his surgery is next week. If that is the case, then he should be able to visit this weekend.

Payton Wilson, UNC football commit, Orange High linebacker tears ACL | News & Observer
TheWhiteWolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

This article states that his surgery is next week. If that is the case, then he should be able to visit this weekend.

Payton Wilson, UNC football commit, Orange High linebacker tears ACL | News & Observer
Show him our athletic training staff?
desiwolf
We also picked up some CB predictions for Gwyn recently. Interesting that those came from Duke guys.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jovaughn-Gwyn-46038893
wufpak
DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

Oh I wasn't doubting you. Just the timing of surgery and the official visit are pretty close together. I know techniques improve every year with knee surgery, and he is very young, but I still think he will be in the hospital at least a day or two. There is a guy who does outpatient knee replacements in Chicago and has been doing them for several years, so maybe Payton's surgery will be outpatient too.

I just had my second total knee replacement and I know insurance is driving them to reduce hospital stays and head toward outpatient but I can't imagine having it done outpatient.
The government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:  If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
DrummerboyWolf
wufpak said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I just had my second knee replacement and I know insurance is driving them to reduce hospital stays and head toward outpatient but I can't imagine having it done outpatient.
The doctor's name is Richard Berger and his website is www.outpatientkneeandhip.com or something like that. He works out of Rush Presbyterian Hospital in Chicago. Before he became an ortho, he was a mechanical engineer and developed his own knee replacement. It's pretty amazing.

The owner of my main customer had one done about 4-5 years ago. He is able to snow ski, bike, do pretty much everything and he is nearing 70 years old...may already be there. He loves it and walked out the same day. Check out the website. Here is a link

Dr. Richard Berger: Outpatient Hip & Knee Surgery
EthanBarry
EthanBarry
Staff

Above post failed. Not sure how to delete it. But this could be big news. Don't have any insider info though
ClePack
wkdbigpckfan said:

Above post failed. Not sure how to delete it. But this could be big news. Don't have any insider info though
I have no insider info either, and am just speculating here, but since he is announcing during the all america game, maybe he will be announcing tonight that wherever he commits, he will be enrolling early? Kind of like how Dennis went on sportscenter and made that announcement. Just a guess, and it would be nice if committed to us and then enrolled early.
Fourthepack
wufpak said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ClePack said:

I just had my second knee replacement and I know insurance is driving them to reduce hospital stays and head toward outpatient but I can't imagine having it done outpatient.

I had a medial unicompartmental knee replacement in April at Emory. Home the same day. Playing tennis again at 12 weeks! Blessed.
JacksonWilliford
wkdbigpckfan said:

Probably announcing his visits, IMO
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.