Football Recruiting

483,211 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by toddl
Thunderhill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw where DE McClendon is deciding tomorrow. FSU?
RyanMB
Triston Miller runs with the PACK!
Thunderhill
The staff got the guy they wanted-good get. Look at how CDD has this class lined up-he is getting commit's from an entire OL and DL-amazing.
COrockclimber
Lots of positive news this summer and it seems like there is some more on the immediate horizon. This isn't flashy, but has there been any news/activity re a Punter?
Thunderhill
I just visited the uNC football board tarpit or whatever, and they seem quite disappointed in the direction of their 'program'. I found it deeply moving-not unlike gas station sushi.
Tucker54
IMO, Fedora will be fired. Period.
Amphibious
Tucker54 said:

I hope not. If they get Mike Houston, and they most likely will if Fed is fired any time soon, he'll have them competing at a top level. I hate typing that.
enlighten
Amphibious said:

Tucker54 said:

I hope not. If they get Mike Houston, and they most likely will if Fed is fired any time soon, he'll have them competing at a top level. I hate typing that.
Agree on the Mike Houston part. That guy can flat coach! Hopefully he will not want to go to a basketball school.
gtman49
enlighten said:

Amphibious said:

Tucker54 said:

Agree on the Mike Houston part. That guy can flat coach! Hopefully he will not want to go to a basketball school.
Meh. I remember when everyone said that about Fe******. Believe it when I see it.
Former Tayap
Amphibious
gtman49 said:

enlighten said:

Amphibious said:

Tucker54 said:

Meh. I remember when everyone said that about Fe******. Believe it when I see it.
I just hope it's not something you see first game of this coming season. I can certainly see a James Madison team coming to Raleigh and beating a rebuilding State team.
DrummerboyWolf
Amphibious said:

I just hope it's not something you see first game of this coming season. I can certainly see a James Madison team coming to Raleigh and beating a rebuilding State team.
JMU was a very heavily senior laden team last year too. They will also be rebuilding. Not saying it won't be a tough game, but I don't think the Dukes will be quite as good as they have been the last two years.

Houston also signed a 10 year deal last year. So if somebody wants to poach there is going to be a fairly significant buyout.

Edit to add. It would not be as much as I thought, but up to a million dollar buyout for a P5 school

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/elsewhere/article_38535852-c781-5a3f-a77a-364c32cccdb7.html
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
NatePait94
DrummerboyWolf said:

Amphibious said:

JMU was a very heavily senior laden team last year too. They will also be rebuilding. Not saying it won't be a tough game, but I don't think the Dukes will be quite as good as they have been the last two years.

Houston also signed a 10 year deal last year. So if somebody wants to poach there is going to be a fairly significant buyout.

Edit to add. It would not be as much as I thought, but up to a million dollar buyout for a P5 school

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/elsewhere/article_38535852-c781-5a3f-a77a-364c32cccdb7.html

That's chump change for the cheaters
nryanh94
NatePait94 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Amphibious said:

Usually it would be but not after paying an $18 mm buyout for Fedora
NatePait94
nryanh94 said:

NatePait94 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Amphibious said:

How in the HELL do you get an 18m buyout?
nryanh94
NatePait94 said:

nryanh94 said:

NatePait94 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Amphibious said:

Think this is he breakdown

Buyout after 2017: $17,500,000
Buyout after 2018: $14,000,000
Buyout after 2019: $10,500,000
Buyout after 2020: $7,000,000
Buyout after 2021: $3,500,000

They signed him to an outrageous contract after they made the acc championship game
PackFansXL
nryanh94 said:

NatePait94 said:

nryanh94 said:

They signed him to an outrageous contract after they made the acc championship game
But he looks sooo sharp in his jumpman getup. He's clearly worth keeping.
NatePait94
Holy hell that is awesome that they get to keep that pile of hot **** for a couple more years
WolfPacker54
Amphibious said:

gtman49 said:

enlighten said:

Amphibious said:

Tucker54 said:

Get a dog
Thunderhill
nryanh94 said:

NatePait94 said:

nryanh94 said:

NatePait94 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Amphibious said:

Fedora=Human Pyrite.
GuerrillaPack
I don't know the specifics, but Turd Hole fans over at Inside Cheating were saying they would only have to pay 10% of the buyout. So if they fire him after this year, they would pay $1.4 million (10% of $14 million).
NatePait94
Thunderhill said:

nryanh94 said:

NatePait94 said:

nryanh94 said:

NatePait94 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Amphibious said:

Fedora=Human Pyrite.

You nailed it. Fedora is fools gold
Tucker54
Every year, the UNC reTARHeels brag about how many players they have coming every season but their results at the end of the season always be 1-12, 2-10 or maybe 3-9 if they're lucky. I wouldn't worry much about UNC because they're not established at QB, and they can never move the ball down the field. So.................who's fault is that? Fedora. He's one lucky man with a sweet contract! Reminds me of Charlie Weis! And to be honest, that is bad for a school.
Thunderhill
I can't recall his name, but last year DT committed to State as a walk-on. He had previously committed to ECU but left. Big kid and good story. Where is he-juco? Transferred?
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

I can't recall his name, but last year DT committed to State as a walk-on. He had previously committed to ECU but left. Big kid and good story. Where is he-juco? Transferred?

https://247sports.com/player/kennan-solomon-92482

He's on campus
Thunderhill
nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

He's on campus
Thank you for that info-that is him. When I didn't recognize his name on the roster, I thought something may have happened. Is he playing football this fall? If so, I thought he would be listed on the roster.
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

He's on campus
Thank you for that info-that is him. When I didn't recognize his name on the roster, I thought something may have happened. Is he playing football this fall? If so, I thought he would be listed on the roster.

https://gopack.com/roster.aspx?path=football

#98 on the roster
Thunderhill
nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

He's on campus

https://gopack.com/roster.aspx?path=football

#98 on the roster

Thank you! State needs all the quality DL's possible with all the NFL players they produced last year. I will see them in CF this fall.
weeb

Close connection to this little guy.
GuerrillaPack
williewolf
^^ if it is NCSU - - - does he or the guy from georgia most likely redshirt?

i would suspect at least one does to get 2 yrs spacing from r. person

also is NCSU recruiting Crouch as rb or lb?
nryanh94
williewolf said:

^^ if it is NCSU - - - does he or the guy from georgia most likely redshirt?

i would suspect at least one does to get 2 yrs spacing from r. person

also is NCSU recruiting Crouch as rb or lb?
Griffin or Knight will probably be used as a J Sam type or a slot like nyheim was when Dayes was here.

As for Crouch I believe everyone is recruiting him as a Lb now, as that is what he wants to play at the next level
apackfan69
Is there a couple of more recruits expected to announce this week? If so does anybody know who and when?
nryanh94
apackfan69 said:

Is there a couple of more recruits expected to announce this week? If so does anybody know who and when?

Zonovan Knight tomorrow I think at 3?

Joshua Harris tomorrow I think 5:30? Not sure on that

Khalid Martin Tuesday
Thunderhill
nryanh94 said:

apackfan69 said:

Khalid Martin Tuesday
Someone posted above Knight was at 4:30. Unsure about Harris' time. Whenever it is, if they both run with the Pack, supper is gonna taste even better than usual. Hopeful....
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

nryanh94 said:

apackfan69 said:

Khalid Martin Tuesday
Someone posted above Knight was at 4:30. Unsure about Harris' time. Whenever it is, if they both run with the Pack, supper is gonna taste even better than usual. Hopeful....

Checked twitter

Knight 4:30
Harris 6
Martin 5:30 on tues

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.