Football Recruiting

481,048 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by toddl
EthanBarry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
mcpack1 said:

What are the odds Crouch stays in state? Would love to see his elite talent in Raleigh but it seems that NC guys at his level have trended to Clemson, UGA, or Bama.
Low but if he does we are extremely likely to be the choice
GuerrillaPack
EthanBarry said:

mcpack1 said:

What are the odds Crouch stays in state? Would love to see his elite talent in Raleigh but it seems that NC guys at his level have trended to Clemson, UGA, or Bama.
2018 commit Malik Dunlap is Crouch's older brother. Hopefully that could be a plus.
TheWhiteWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

EthanBarry said:

mcpack1 said:

2018 commit Malik Dunlap is Crouch's older brother. Hopefully that could be a plus.
I believe hes been to a few games as well but gut says he leaves the state for someone like uga
Packfan8
Isaiah Kemp from Hoggard in Wilmington is slowing catching on the scene, I believe he'll stay as a 3 star prospect for 2019 but he holds offers from most instate schools, Virginia and Georgia.
RyanMB
Glad we got a commitment from Toudle from my alma mater Hoggard. The last 10-15 years any good players from Hoggard were going to UNCheat. Hopefully we have turned the tide.
RyanMB
Got a verbal from 2019 CB Jalen Frazier today.

redculler
The new offer for quarterback out of Georgia has a cannon for an arm in his video. That would be a great addition to quarterback U in my opinion.
redculler
Plus the name sounds like an Italian dish...Calzada!!
redculler
It's too bad that no one puts any information on this board. I like the graphics and how it works, but alas I'm all alone here. That's how pack pride works....a little bit of information on the free board makes people want to buy the premium. Oh well....I hope this site makes it!
NatePait94
Lol there is a post at least every 5 minutes on the premium side. Quite frankly it is where we all congregate and never look back.
toddl
Staff
Well, that's kinda the point. The guys who run this site rely on it for their income. Can't get paid if you give everything away for free. (Or, you can, but you'd need a lot of ads and pop-up windows and auto-playing videos.)
PackFansXL
redculler said:

It's too bad that no one puts any information on this board. I like the graphics and how it works, but alas I'm all alone here. That's how pack pride works....a little bit of information on the free board makes people want to buy the premium. Oh well....I hope this site makes it!

red, it only costs $1 to check out the premium boards and get the full picture. Trust me, it's worth it at full price; so, give it a try.
redculler
I understand the financial aspects of the site and wish the owners nothing but success. I also don't expect premium information. I'm looking for a place to discuss pack sports and recruiting which is free info. Pack pride had both a premium side and a free side where people congregated to talk. Many people left the free side and joined the premium side. It seems to me that this site will be doomed to fail if you don't keep recruiting more subscribers. Having people on the free board is the best recruiting technique in my opinion. Unfortunately, you are correct about the ads. Pack pride has become almost impossible to surf because of the ads. Anyway.....thanks for responding back everyone.
RowanWolf
I don't think recruiting is going nearly as well as the headlines on this and TOS would have us believe. Supposedly all this local talent chomping at the bit to play for State, yet how many of these kids have committed to State? How many NC Top 20 commits does CDD have? Checking some other sites, it looks like we could end up missing out on many kids from our own backyard, especially the Top 10 and Top 20 kids. Hope I'm wrong, but there's a Fall Signing Day now and it will be here before we know it.
Ripper
RowanWolf said:

I don't think recruiting is going nearly as well as the headlines on this and TOS would have us believe. Supposedly all this local talent chomping at the bit to play for State, yet how many of these kids have committed to State? How many NC Top 20 commits does CDD have? Checking some other sites, it looks like we could end up missing out on many kids from our own backyard, especially the Top 10 and Top 20 kids. Hope I'm wrong, but there's a Fall Signing Day now and it will be here before we know it.
It's May 13th. Come back and complain in February.
toddl
Staff

Maybe we'll miss on a lot of the top guys, maybe we won't. But May is just too damn early to draw any conclusions.
RowanWolf
Just adding to redculler's post. What's the real attraction of this site, if every morsel of information has to be paid for? Especially when Signing Day is still so far away (although not as far away as it used to be). And who wants to spend good money for disappointment? Teased and encouraged and then the 4 star from 30 minutes away signs with South Carolina. An increase of free information would probably significantly increase the traffic on this site. Build the pay side from there.
nryanh94
RowanWolf said:

Just adding to redculler's post. What's the real attraction of this site, if every morsel of information has to be paid for? Especially when Signing Day is still so far away (although not as far away as it used to be). And who wants to spend good money for disappointment? Teased and encouraged and then the 4 star from 30 minutes away signs with South Carolina. An increase of free information would probably significantly increase the traffic on this site. Build the pay side from there.

What good would increasing the traffic do if all of the info they have is given out for free, they don't advertise? And they don't tease, they give out solid info. and produce a great product that's about more than just recruiting. If you guys want free recruiting info. you can easily look on twitter and Instagram and see everyone we're offering etc. since you think that it's just a tease and the top guys in state aren't going to pick us to begin with idk why I want any other recruiting tidbits to begin with
nryanh94
Very simply put, James and Steve have something that people have a desire for. If you can produce the same info as the two of them then maybe there's no purpose in the sight for you, but the connections they have and the content they produce is something a lot of us pack fans can't replicate therefore there's a large demand for it, so why shouldn't they profit from it. That's like going to a restaurant and telling the owner they'd increase food traffic if they were giving away free food, yeah foot traffic would increase but your business would suffer.
DrummerboyWolf
RowanWolf said:

Toddl just posted a graphic showing that we had the same amount of commits this year as we did last year. It always picks up during the summer camp season.

And how did anybody SIGN with South Carolina when National Signing Day is not until December? I don't even know who you are talking about, but until they sign on the dotted line, the commitment means nothing as it does for us.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
Ripper
What 4 star player is Rowan referring to? The TE from Monroe?
NatePait94
Maybe Gwyn?
GuerrillaPack
Yes, it hurts to lose guys like Dexter Lawrence and Gwynn. But we are starting to win more of these battles than we lose -- Payton Wilson, Alim McNeill, Ricky Person.
NatePait94
RowanWolf said:

The attraction is actually feeling like an "insider" or part of a private club. I absolutely love the fact that I get be a part of a private sector of the fan base. Makes me feel all tingly on the inside.
RowanWolf
Not talking about any specific recruit. (And obviously no one has signed with any school, yet. Damn, we do enjoy eating our own don't we?) Some interesting points were brought up about pay vs. free and I added my two cents. The free basketball recruiting thread has good discussions and I don't think any deep, dark secrets are revealed. Why can't there be some for football? In any event, if nothing else has been accomplished, this thread has probably had more posts in the last 12 hours than it had had in the last 12 weeks.
nryanh94
RowanWolf said:

Not talking about any specific recruit. (And obviously no one has signed with any school, yet. Damn, we do enjoy eating our own don't we?) Some interesting points were brought up about pay vs. free and I added my two cents. The free basketball recruiting thread has good discussions and I don't think any deep, dark secrets are revealed. Why can't there be some for football? In any event, if nothing else has been accomplished, this thread has probably had more posts in the last 12 hours than it had had in the last 12 weeks.

The basketball thread is the way it is because of Dunlow and Dacs insights, as well as myself and others posting what we find on social media or stuff we may here from our connections. If anyone wants to do that for football go ahead. There's nothing stopping it, the people who run the site don't keep the basketball topic going it's Dunlow mostly.
GuerrillaPack
In general, many believe that nc state has never been in as good a position at this stage of the recruiting process. I don't think that view has lessened over the past few months. I think we are in very good position with Drake Thomas, JR Walker, and Savion. The QB recruiting has picked up a lot in the last month or so, and looks a lot better.
DrummerboyWolf
RowanWolf said:

You were also complaining about us not getting any commitments yet, when we normally don't start getting a lot until the summer and you did say sign in your post, so obviously you shouldn't have used that term. Did the coaches bring in a pretty good class this past year? We won't know for sure for a few years, but it appears they did. I doubt they are panicking yet and are working very hard to secure a lot of the in state talent. Just let it play out.

I don't get premium because my need to know is not that great and like I said nobody can sign until December anyway, so it's really a moot point. Many people on this board like the info that James and his crew have and if they want to pay for it that is their choice. I have no problem with James charging for something that people want to pay for. It's American capitalism at it's finest. I have my own business and I have people pay me for a service I provide. It's the same principle. If you want the inside scoop, then "pay the man his money."
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
WPCHRIS
I think we get Savion Jackson.
Amphibious
start a complaining thread if you want to complain....leave it off the recruiting thread...every time I see new posts I keep thinking new recruiting news...but instead open the thread to complaining.
redculler
I started this debate, but my point was not to get premium information. I just wanted to hear some football talk. to that end...we are getting some. Thanks for the chart!
GuerrillaPack
New commitment. Dave Doeren's twitter has red light on.
Struttingwolf96
Have heard it may be Linebacker Jaylon Scott, not sure, but if it is that's a very nice pick up.
state95
Struttingwolf96 said:

Have heard it may be Linebacker Jaylon Scott, not sure, but if it is that's a very nice pick up.
It is Jaylon Scott
redculler
Awesome!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.