Football Recruiting

484,720 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by toddl
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NatePait94 said:

A qb from a division opponent transferring to our school is a funny joke. Or any position for that matter. When was the last time a kid transferred into our program from another school in the atlantic?

I mean it wasn't directly from but Bailey Hockman from FSU about 2 weeks ago.
NatePait94
You got me there
RyanMB
Grad transfers are different.
TriangleDreamer
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Well... ND State is a possible landing spot for Bryant. Dave and the staff recruited him and wanted him out of HS..he is also a great fit for our offense with experience....do not be surprised if we chase and are considered seriously...interest has been fished already.

I can totally see him going to North Dakota State but not sure why Dave wants him there...
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
rednwhitegetrite
Deleted
NatePait94
???
rednwhitegetrite
NatePait94 said:

???
I had posted a reply but then deleted it once I realized someone else answered your question.
toddl
Staff

6/26 - The GoPack roster has been updated to include all 2018 freshmen. Alim McNeill moves from DE to DT. Davontae McCrae moves from DT to DE.
6/26 - RSSO OL Harrison Gee and RSSR K Carson Wise are no longer on the roster.
6/29 - OL Triston Miller commits!
7/9 - RB Zonovan Knight commits!
7/9 - DT Joshua Harris commits!
7/10 - S Khalid Martin commits!
7/18 - P Mackenzie Morgan will join the 2018 recruiting class and enroll in August. He will be counted as a blueshirt.
7/25 - CB Shyheim Battle commits!
8/2 - DE Terrell Dawkins commits!
8/25 - RSJR RB walkon Damontay Rehm earns a scholarship.
9/17 - QB Bailey Hockman commits! He will enroll early and be available to play as a RSSO in 2019.
9/18 - RSFR Grant Gibson moves from DT to OL
10/1 - RSFR TE Damien Darden leaves the team.
apackfan69
4 star JR Walker making his decision at noon today.
MikeQuick22
apackfan69 said:

4 star JR Walker making his decision at noon today.

Walker to VT. Head scratcher to me. I was feeling pretty good about this one.
Ripper
Next man up.
Struttingwolf96
With 22 commits & Walker off the board now I believe someone said the staff is gonna sign a 25-man class for this year. Who do you guys think the last 3 takes might be who are on the coaches board at this time?
My guess, name & position to be filled:
-QB Fomby or grad transfer Bryant from Clem.
-DB Farmer, Collins, Davis, Flowers, or Zanders
-WR Washington, Toure, Sheppard, or Norris
Thunderhill
Struttingwolf96 said:

With 22 commits & Walker off the board now I believe someone said the staff is gonna sign a 25-man class for this year. Who do you guys think the last 3 takes might be who are on the coaches board at this time?
My guess, name & position to be filled:
-QB Fomby or grad transfer Bryant from Clem.
-DB Farmer, Collins, Davis, Flowers, or Zanders
-WR Washington, Toure, Sheppard, or Norris
Tell you what, if Bryant transfers to State, you can also expect to see Nessie in Jimmy Hoffa's bathtub playing with Elvis.
Struttingwolf96
What's the deal with the staff offering the QB from IL named Thorne? I thought the staff was after the QB from GA named Fomby? Seems to me that Fomby would be the better fit at QB. He looks like he has had a good year & showed he is a capable QB. I don't know what the coaches are thinking here, unless Fomby got tired of waiting for an offer & is not looking at State anymore or he has grade concerns. Are the coaches now just wanting to bring any kind of QB in to have 4 on the roster like I have heard they wanted to get to? This offer is a head scratcher, the kid is already committed to W.Michigan, I don't get this.
FlockaWolf
Fomby has been very up and down this year and only has 1 power 5 offer so it's not like he's an obvious offer. I'm sure they see something in Thorne since they haven't offered many 2019 QBs after missing out on their top targets.
TheWhiteWolf
We have three qbs on the roster for next year are we still looking to have four? Does that say something about the confidence in some of the younger guys?
nryanh94
TheWhiteWolf said:

We have three qbs on the roster for next year are we still looking to have four? Does that say something about the confidence in some of the younger guys?
No, typically uo want to have 3-4 scholarship QBs on the roster in case of injury, we would have had 4 this year had McClendon not transferred and we certainly had confidence in Finley
TheWhiteWolf
Quavaris Crouch will be at the clemson game this weekend, would be nice to impress him.

Has anyone heard anything about Jamious Griffin and his relationship with UT?
TriangleDreamer

6'3" 2020 TE from Roswell, GA
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
toddl
Staff

6/26 - The GoPack roster has been updated to include all 2018 freshmen. Alim McNeill moves from DE to DT. Davontae McCrae moves from DT to DE.
7/18 - P Mackenzie Morgan will join the 2018 recruiting class and enroll in August. He will be counted as a blueshirt.
9/17 - QB Bailey Hockman commits! He will enroll early and be available to play as a RSSO in 2019.
10/8 - RSFR RB Nakia Robinson leaves the team.
10/8 - Alim McNeill, Tanner Ingle, and Chris Dunn have burned their redshirts for the year.
10/29 - Teshaun Smith has burned his redshirt for the year.
11/4 - Ricky Person has burned his redshirt for the year.
TheWhiteWolf
I have a bad feeling we are going to be losing some guys before signing day comes around
WolfPacker54
TheWhiteWolf said:

I have a bad feeling we are going to be losing some guys before signing day comes around
What? We're by far exceeding expectations so far for this year. Why would they flip at this point? The only guy I'm even slightly worried about is Griffin if UGA decides to offer.
TheWhiteWolf
WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

What? We're by far exceeding expectations so far for this year. Why would they flip at this point? The only guy I'm even slightly worried about is Griffin if UGA decides to offer.
Griffin was the one I was thinking about as well, but I was more concerned with his connections to GT and VT (took an OV to VT) he has brothers that play on each team. However recently he has tweeted about Tenn and coach Pruitt and their fans have been on him. Did not realize UGA could be getting in on him, I personally I don't like our chances of keeping him since he's blown up so much but I do know DD and coaches are still on him pretty hard
WolfPacker54
TheWhiteWolf said:

WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Griffin was the one I was thinking about as well, but I was more concerned with his connections to GT and VT (took an OV to VT) he has brothers that play on each team. However recently he has tweeted about Tenn and coach Pruitt and their fans have been on him. Did not realize UGA could be getting in on him, I personally I don't like our chances of keeping him since he's blown up so much but I do know DD and coaches are still on him pretty hard
VT just took another RB a couple of weeks ago and are done at RB for this class. And I would be seriously surprised if he left us for a garbage Tennessee team. UGA has not offered yet but just lost their top RB recruit.
TheWhiteWolf
WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

VT just took another RB a couple of weeks ago and are done at RB for this class. And I would be seriously surprised if he left us for a garbage Tennessee team. UGA has not offered yet but just lost their top RB recruit.
I only mention VT and GT because of his brothers on those teams and the VT insiders thought that could play into flipping him (did not realize VT just took another RB). Im only concerned about Tenn. because Jamious has directly tweeted at coach Pruitt before and their fans are always in his ear.

54- You seem to be more concerned with UGA do you think they are missing on their other top RB targets? Im sure the uga staff know about Jamious and how hes doing this year
WolfPacker54
TheWhiteWolf said:

WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

I only mention VT and GT because of his brothers on those teams and the VT insiders thought that could play into flipping him (did not realize VT just took another RB). Im only concerned about Tenn. because Jamious has directly tweeted at coach Pruitt before and their fans are always in his ear.

54- You seem to be more concerned with UGA do you think they are missing on their other top RB targets? Im sure the uga staff know about Jamious and how hes doing this year
Looks like UGA is focused on Kenny McIntosh right now. They probably have to miss on a couple guys first before they would offer Griffin.
TheWhiteWolf
WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

WolfPacker54 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Looks like UGA is focused on Kenny McIntosh right now. They probably have to miss on a couple guys first before they would offer Griffin.
Thats interesting given the popularity Griffin has especially with the local papers. I hope youre right about UT and UGA, Griffin is definitely one to keep an eye on. Missing on him would hurt, I feel hes going to be special if everything works out
ClePack
So uh, yeah. Assuming if you're going to see any decommitments they're going to to come sometime soon? I mean, that was not pretty and now would be the time to do it if you're a recruit
TheWhiteWolf
So we have a commitment from OG Ikem Ekwonu out of Charlotte did we ever seriously go after his brother Osita Ekwonu a LB commit to Notre Dame? Seems odd we couldnt convince them to play together in their home state?
rwwalsh
TheWhiteWolf said:

So we have a commitment from OG Ikem Ekwonu out of Charlotte did we ever seriously go after his brother Osita Ekwonu a LB commit to Notre Dame? Seems odd we couldnt convince them to play together in their home state?

Think he always had his eyes set on ND
Thunderhill
Little Ben 'Fin' running with the pack for 2020.
Glasswolf
Ben "Shug" Frazier is no longer on the team. School has confirmed
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

toddl
Staff

10/8 - Alim McNeill, Tanner Ingle, and Chris Dunn have burned their redshirts for the year.
11/18 - Tyler Baker Williams has burned his redshirt for the year.
11/21 - RSSO DT Shug Frazier leaves the team.
PicklePacker
Porter Rooks with a tweet saying "big news coming soon"..

I just looked at his recent twitter follows and it's all Pack players. Looks like we may land us the next great State WR.
toddl
Staff

11/18 - Tyler Baker Williams has burned his redshirt for the year.
11/21 - RSSO DT Shug Frazier leaves the team.
12/4 - FR OL Karic Belle apparently left the team sometime this season.
12/10 - Triston Miller decommits.
12/10 - QB Ty Evans commits!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.