Football Recruiting

484,556 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by toddl
EthanBarry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Wolfp@ck88 said:

If he wants to play for the coaches that are recruiting him, why is he not committed? Did I miss something?
He wants to make sure Doeren doesn't get fired
Wolfp@ck88
Again, he should go ahead and commit. If the coaches are fired-he would still be able to pull the plug. McNeil is essentially looking at other "could be candidates" for his choice anyway . Sounds like fluff is all I'm sayin.
Colonel Armstrong
Wolfp@ck88 said:

Again, he should go ahead and commit. If the coaches are fired-he would still be able to pull the plug. McNeil is essentially looking at other "could be candidates" for his choice anyway . Sounds like fluff is all I'm sayin.
I actually take this as a positive that he hasn't committed. It means that all we have to do is get a big win or two and he'll commit. When that happens we won't have to worry about a decommit. You can't blame him for waiting to see if a coach is still around.
Colonel Armstrong
4* DT Jordan Davis was at the game on Saturday. Big guy out of Mallard Creek.
Wolfp@ck88
Love to have Davis- not positive news for McNeil.
LoanWolf
Is McNeill announcing today? Saw where he put on twitter dropping news tomorrow last night.
LoanWolf
Never mind see where he's announcing at halftime of the US Army All American game.
PackCPA
cof17wolf said:

Alim McNeil is pushing back his commitment date. This is an awful sign for us. Loss to USC is hurting us in more ways than one.
Yep - that was a terrible loss to what is already revealing itself to be a terrible South Carolina team. Absolute back breakers losing to East Carolina and South Carolina the past two years. Miss me with the company line of us still being his leader and his announcement day not being a negative thing.
goosewolf
It was a bad loss because we really could have won but for the secondary being so new to things. However, the game yesterday was excellent, D came through. We matched up well and showed we can close it up. Next year and the year after of Dback situation should actually improve while it is the Line that will need bodies.

Chubb's show yesterday was great.

Meanwhile over at KF UNC showed that they are going to have trouble getting to 5 wins. They are bleeding bodies with 11 or 12 out for the season. While I hate it for those kids I love to have UNC suffer. It might not be much better next year. They've got a QB but lots and lots of recruiting questions. Actually DD has done a much better job of recruiting a program of kids. It really shows. LF recruits O talent and backfills in D.

DD has historically done a great job of in season coaching and our teams have always been playing well/better at seasons end; not so much over at UNC. Therefore I am not too worried about a delay in announcing, if they are bribing some family members, it was going to happen anyway. If he really cares about coaching development I think it will be clear to him that State is the place to be.

Because of DDs improvements over the season it is clear to me that we should not schedule tough opponents in week 1 or 2. Give DD time to coach and adjust.

Chicwolf67
Great win on Saturday agains the 'Noles should help in recruiting. Keep winning and things will only get better.
goosewolf
So redlight on for the LB from FL that visited today.
LoanWolf
I saw on twitter where a UNC 4* committ was at game...anyone have any info on that? Maybe WR from Cary, I think?
EthanBarry
Staff
goosewolf said:

So redlight on for the LB from FL that visited today.
Yes Calvin Hart
EthanBarry
Staff
LoanWolf said:

I saw on twitter where a UNC 4* committ was at game...anyone have any info on that? Maybe WR from Cary, I think?
Wow that would be huge. Not sure if it's true but it would be Jordyn Adams. He's a high school baseball prospect so may never make it to Chapel Hill, but either way that would be huge, even just to have him on campus
ClePack
LoanWolf said:

His dad is a coach at UNC I think. No way he'd visit/flip to us
LoanWolf
ClePack said:

LoanWolf said:

His dad is a coach at UNC I think. No way he'd visit/flip to us

Ok did not know that. They do have a few 4 stars from NC committed, didn't know they had that many. Be interesting to see who it was and if we had a shot at flipping him.
RowanWolf
Heck...I'd be staying in contact with any NC kids committed to Tennessee. That program is a train wreck. No way Jones is retained.

ETA...Well shut my mouth...I had to check...There are currently zero NC kids committed to UT. That's got to be a first.
WarPack
LoanWolf said:

Peyton Wilson
Colonel Armstrong
WarPack said:

LoanWolf said:

Peyton Wilson
Wow that would be a huge flip. He's really highly ranked.
ClePack
WarPack said:

LoanWolf said:

Peyton Wilson
wow. now we're talking. Big time kid at a position of need
Glasswolf
Payton Wilson was at the game yesterday
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

goosewolf
RowanWolf said:

Heck...I'd be staying in contact with any NC kids committed to Tennessee. That program is a train wreck. No way Jones is retained.

ETA...Well shut my mouth...I had to check...There are currently zero NC kids committed to UT. That's got to be a first.
I'd have done/said the same. Can't believe no NC HS kids are committed to TN. Agree that has to be a first.
Bell Tower Grey
goosewolf said:

RowanWolf said:

I'd have done/said the same. Can't believe no NC HS kids are committed to TN. Agree that has to be a first.
Given how Clemson can almost cherry pick NC kids, it's good that UT has fallen off for now. The best thing UT could do would be go ahead and fire Butch "I coach like Grace" Jones instead of waiting till the end of the year...it might salvage a few western NC kids for them depending on who the new coach is. Hopefully though, they won't think that way.
goosewolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

goosewolf said:

RowanWolf said:

Given how Clemson can almost cherry pick NC kids, it's good that UT has fallen off for now. The best thing UT could do would be go ahead and fire Butch "I coach like Grace" Jones instead of waiting till the end of the year...it might salvage a few western NC kids for them depending on who the new coach is. Hopefully though, they won't think that way.
Not very respectful of Grace Jones, she was a unique badass unlike butchie jonsing
Engineer97
goosewolf said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

goosewolf said:

RowanWolf said:

Not very respectful of Grace Jones, she was a unique badass unlike butchie
The QB from Charlotte for next year for sure.
goosewolf
Any recruits at the game tonight? Stadium will be fun I'm sure and a great evening for tailgating.
ge_traveler
What an atmosphere last night....any recruit that was there had to enjoy it. Another step towards locking down some of the ones we're after. Win and they will come.
Leeroy3366
Alim McNeil was there...and Keshon Artis was wishing he was lol
Thunderhill
Best atmosphere I have seen at any State game I have been to. Huge win on national TV. Can't hurt recruiting being on ESPN and winning like that. My voice is shot today and I didn't get home till 4 am. but it was so worth it. Go Pack!
Bell Tower Grey
Leeroy3366 said:

Alim McNeil was there...and Keshon Artis was wishing he was lol
Last night could not have hurt with McNeil. Or any other State recruit for that matter.
goosewolf
So a Juco DE commits. Joe Barbos, from CA
RowanWolf
Any chance he puts on 40-50 lbs and moves inside?
RowanWolf
With no game tomorrow, hopefully our staff is out and about tonight.
Thunderhill
RowanWolf said:

With no game tomorrow, hopefully our staff is out and about tonight.
TOS reported that Doeren and his assistants were out today on the recruiting trail.
DrummerboyWolf
Coach Doeren and Coach Huxtable were at the Orange High School game last night. Apparently Payton Wilson is still in play.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.