Football Recruiting

481,061 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by toddl
MikeQuick22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gwyn would be a huge get, 4* and another recruit from Charlotte. Recruiting Charlotte is the biggest recruiting change I've noticed over the past 15 years or so. To my knowledge, never have we had so many kids from that area. CDD and staff are putting together a very impressive class. PILE ON!!!
Colonel Armstrong
Oregon's coach leaves for FSU. 4* NC running back Jamal Elliot is a current Oregon commit. He plays at Durham Hillside and Doeren had been going after him pretty hard before he committed to Oregon. I wonder if we'll pursue him again? We do have both Ricky Person and Trent Pennix committed already.
duckfatrules
we took three when we signed Hines, Galaspy and Frazer
Bell Tower Grey
cof17wolf said:

Oregon's coach leaves for FSU. 4* NC running back Jamal Elliot is a current Oregon commit. He plays at Durham Hillside and Doeren had been going after him pretty hard before he committed to Oregon. I wonder if we'll pursue him again? We do have both Ricky Person and Trent Pennix committed already.
I can see Taggart flipping him to FSU.
Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey said:

cof17wolf said:

I can see Taggart flipping him to FSU. Besides, I believe we are also in the mix for another monster RB next year. Can't remember his name right now.
NatePait94
Crouch, I believe.
toddl
Staff

6/28 - The GoPack roster has been updated to show that all our recruits have enrolled. 20 true freshmen (including the 5 who had enrolled in January) plus juniors Murchison and Griffin.
6/28 - GoPack shows Vernon Grier as switching from WR to CB. He had originally been recruited as a CB but was switched to WR in the spring of 2016 after his true freshman season.
6/29 - JuCo CB Kishawn Miller commits! He will enroll in 2018 as a true junior with 3 to play 2.
7/4 - OL Jalynn Strickland commits!
7/7 - DT Davontae McCrae commits!
8/6 - RSFR OL Bryce Folsom leaves the team.
8/8 - RSJR PK Carson Wise is on scholarship, I think.
8/10 - RSJR RB Brady Bodine earns a scholarship. Maybe just 1 year, maybe it'll be renewed next year, I dunno.
8/12 - RSSR OL Peter Daniel earns a scholarship.
8/13 - FR WR Antoine Thompson and FR DE Kevince Brown are dismissed from the team following an off-the-field incident.
9/4 - Four true freshmen play against USC and get bumped to the next column: WR Emezie, OL Fedd-Jackson, LB Saunders, CB Ingram.
9/4 - SO S Trae Meadows is not currently on the team.
9/4 - JR S Freddie Phillips suffers a season ending injury and will redshirt this season.
9/7 - RSSO DT Quentz Johnson is no longer on the roster.
9/10 - True freshman LB Louis Acceus plays against Marshall and gets bumped to the next column.
9/30 - LB Calvin Hart Jr commits!
10/6 - JuCo DE Joe Babros commits! He will be a true junior for the 2018 season with 3 to play 2. He hopes to enroll in January 2018.
10/9 - JR LB Riley Nicholson leaves the team due to ongoing medical issues.
11/4 - DE Alim McNeill commits!
11/12 - DE Joseph Boletepeli commits!
11/27 - OL Devin Hayes decommits.
11/28 - TE Daevon Robinson decommits.
12/1 - LB Payton Wilson commits!
TheWhiteWolf
NatePait94 said:

Crouch, I believe.
Not sure Crouch will be in NC when he plays, another big time recruit is from Heritage is Drake Thomas a beast LB
BackPack
Did we just get The DB Ingle?
packphinsfan
BackPack said:

Say what? This was the DB decommit from Tennessee, correct?
GuerrillaPack
packphinsfan said:

BackPack said:

Say what? This was the DB decommit from Tennessee, correct?
Yes. He retweeted a picture of himself in a NC State jersey on his twitter account. It does not appear to be an official statement regarding his commitment, but it is a good sign.

See here: https://twitter.com/TannerIngle?lang=en
BackPack
Watching this Harding vs. Scotland state championship game... thoughts...
1. Wow, Quavaris Crouch is a monster. Doesn't look like we will have a shot at him based on the offers he has.
2. With some strength/development and coaching from coach Henry, we might have a good corner coming in.
GuerrillaPack
BackPack said:

Watching this Harding vs. Scotland state championship game... thoughts...
1. Wow, Quavaris Crouch is a monster. Doesn't look like we will have a shot at him based on the offers he has.
2. With some strength/development and coaching from coach Henry, we might have a good corner coming in.
Watching also. Jovaughn Gwyn looks very good too. He would be a huge addition to our OL. If we land Gwyn (and with Dunlap also committed), that may significantly increase our chances of landing Crouch in 2019.

Also, I just looked at Crouch's twitter, and he's been retweeting NC State related stuff recently more than any other school that is recruiting him -- including a tweet on Chubb's win of National Defensive Player of the Year award, and an ISP tweet regarding Dunlap.

https://twitter.com/CrouchQuavaris
GuerrillaPack
Jovaughn Gwyn was wearing a NC State T-shirt in the press conference after winning the 4A state title.

Colonel Armstrong
Gwyn is taking an official visit to South Carolina this weekend. I would think he'd decide sometime soon after that.
Pack31
cof17wolf said:

Gwyn is taking an official visit to South Carolina this weekend. I would think he'd decide sometime soon after that.

Guess since the Shrine bowl is at Wofford he's starting the visit Saturday night thru Monday??
packphinsfan
Both Gwyn and Tanner Ingle are 100% on the Chrystal Ball at 247 to State. Let`s hope. That would be closing the deal Pacino Style from Glengarryglenross.
FL Wolfpacker
TheWhiteWolf
Pack31 said:

cof17wolf said:

Guess since the Shrine bowl is at Wofford he's starting the visit Saturday night thru Monday??
Gwyn and Dunlap are both skipping the shrine bowl
NatePait94
What the fudge
4pack
NatePait94 said:

What the fudge
trickle down effect? No different than Chubb skipping a meaningless bowl game. Why risk injury in a meaningless post-season game?
DrummerboyWolf
4pack said:

NatePait94 said:

What the fudge
trickle down effect? No different than Chubb skipping a meaningless bowl game. Why risk injury in a meaningless post-season game?
And in the case of Gwynn, he has already played 15 or 16 games this year. No need to play another.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
GuerrillaPack
Crouch says that NC State "stands out". Looks like we are in the running.

https://packinsider.com/2017/12/12/5-star-quavaris-crouch-says-nc-state-stands/
EthanBarry
Staff
Tanner Ingle commits
Glasswolf
TheWhiteWolf said:

Pack31 said:

cof17wolf said:

Gwyn and Dunlap are both skipping the shrine bowl
Dunlap has a high ankle sprain and Gywn has been sick
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

DrummerboyWolf
wkdbigpckfan said:

Tanner Ingle commits
Awesome news!! The staff continues to Git-R-Done!!!
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
wolfpacklean202
Can't believe Daevon Robinson is leaving us for freaking Baylor.
GuerrillaPack
markcicola101 said:

IMO, we don't have a need right now at WR and TE. It's better that a spot opened up to use for other positions of higher need.
desiwolf
We definitely need TEs.
GuerrillaPack
desiwolf said:

We definitely need TEs.
Sure. But how many? We have 4 scholarship TEs returning next year.
TheWhiteWolf
Do we actually have a chance at Palmer?
Colonel Armstrong
markcicola101 said:

How anybody could want to go to that school right now is beyond me. They're at least three years away from being halfway decent. Daevon may not even get to play in a bowl game during his college career.
Colonel Armstrong
TheWhiteWolf said:

Do we actually have a chance at Palmer?
Nebraska just offered him. He seemed pretty excited on twitter.
wolfpacklean202
Palmer is a very legitimate possibility from what I heard
4pack
desiwolf said:

We definitely need TEs.
why? we don't use them for anything other than blocking. What good TE would want to come to State knowing we don't utilize that position as a receiving option.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.