Football Recruiting

488,158 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by toddl
TheWhiteWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PicklePacker said:

Porter Rooks with a tweet saying "big news coming soon"..

I just looked at his recent twitter follows and it's all Pack players. Looks like we may land us the next great State WR.
Dave tweeted out a red light and retweeted a tweet about Rooks. Unfortunately, it was premature and he's announcing at 7 tonight. Hopefully that didn't make Rooks mad (doubt it did)
PicklePacker
That sucks. Wonder how that miscommunication happened.
TheEagle
I don't see that DD posted anything but a red light alert and Rooks saying big news coming. Looks to me like IPS jumped the gun on this and jeopardized a commit. I believe you owe someone an apology.
WolfPacker54
TheEagle said:

I don't see that DD posted anything but a red light alert and Rooks saying big news coming. Looks to me like IPS jumped the gun on this and jeopardized a commit. I believe you owe someone an apology.

Chill
PackFansXL
TheEagle said:

For a small investment in the site you can join with premium access and learn the rest of the story.
NatePait94
PackFansXL said:

TheEagle said:

For a small investment in the site you can join with premium access and learn the rest of the story.

And bingo was his name-ooooo
PicklePacker
Watch out for GT in regards to Jamious Griffin. Heard the new coach is hot on his trail.
WolfPacker54
PicklePacker said:

Watch out for GT in regards to Jamious Griffin. Heard the new coach is hot on his trail.
Remind me of all of their RBs in the NFL? Oh wait...
NatePait94
Jamious Griffin is solid. Only thing that could ruin that is our new coaching searches.
PackFanForever
Doeren said we're running the same offensive system so that should help with keeping Griffin. His brother does play for GT and some writer for them said Griffin wasn't signing during the early signing period but who knows...besides the premium members I guess.
NatePait94
Griffin got offers from more programs and its expected he is going to visit them. Auburn and Miami in particular. What we have on our side is that, even with our recent departures, our staff is still in a better place than those are. Auburn is the only one I would even have an inkling about. IIRC one of griffins high school coaches went to auburn.
PicklePacker
IIRC Griffin has a brother already playing at GT.
NatePait94
AND Virginia Tech.
PicklePacker
Would suck to lose him but wouldn't surprise me at all. He's blown up as of late.
ClePack
NatePait94 said:

Jamious Griffin is solid. Only thing that could ruin that is our new coaching searches.
how sure are you
ClePack
NatePait94 said:

Griffin got offers from more programs and its expected he is going to visit them. Auburn and Miami in particular. What we have on our side is that, even with our recent departures, our staff is still in a better place than those are. Auburn is the only one I would even have an inkling about. IIRC one of griffins high school coaches went to auburn.
yeah, his RB coach from HS went to auburn
NatePait94
I'm not sure of anything to be fair. I only know as much from what his constituents have said about him.
WolfPacker54
If you want to know about Griffin, I suggest you GET INSIDE
GuerrillaPack
I would encourage others to subscribe to premium. When I first made an account on IPS, I didn't subscribe to premium. Back in February when they offered the promotion of $1 for the first month, I gave it a shot. For only $10/month, it's definitely worth it -- in terms of the inside information, insight and analysis from James, Steve and others on the premium boards. Plus, you get to help support the site to grow/build to a bigger and better platform for all.
BlackHole91
While I wouldn't be surprised if one of our 5 QBs of the future transferred given the numbers, I think our addition of Kurt Roper will surely help most or all of them want to stay. Dude is a stud in the QB coaching ranks. I am guessing he'd be an upgrade over Drink in that dept.
nryanh94
BlackHole91 said:

While I wouldn't be surprised if one of our 5 QBs of the future transferred given the numbers, I think our addition of Kurt Roper will surely help most or all of them want to stay. Dude is a stud in the QB coaching ranks. I am guessing he'd be an upgrade over Drink in that dept.

5?
PackFansXL
McKay, Leary, Hockman, Evans, Finley
nryanh94
PackFansXL said:

I wasn't including Finley since he's not going to be here for at least a year lol
PackFansXL
nryanh94 said:

PackFansXL said:

I wasn't including Finley since he's not going to be here for at least a year lol
No problem. I wasn't counting Fomby.
nryanh94
PackFansXL said:

nryanh94 said:

PackFansXL said:

I wasn't including Finley since he's not going to be here

for at least a year lol

You're gonna trigger Struttingwolf talking like that
PackFansXL
nryanh94 said:

PackFansXL said:

nryanh94 said:

PackFansXL said:

I wasn't including Finley since he's not going to be here

for at least a year lol
You're gonna trigger Struttingwolf talking like that
Hehe
BlackHole91
I should have said 6 QBs. How could I have left out Jory Perkins?
canusrufus
Quavaris Crouch to Tennessee.
backrow
Latest word on Jamious Griffin:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/01/4-star-nc-state-commit-jamious-griffin-auburns-change-at-running-back-coach-not-a-factor.html
toddl
Staff

1/1 - The 2018 season is officially complete. Thank you to the 15 seniors who are leaving the team
1/1 - WR Kelvin Harmon and Jakobi Meyers leave the team for the NFL after their junior seasons.
1/1 - 7 true freshmen played in 2018 and will be sophomores in 2019: Person, McNeill, Smith, Ingle, Graves, Baker-Williams, Dunn
1/1 - 1 upperclassmen redshirted the 2018 season (Babros). 14 freshmen redshirted the 2018 season.
1/1 - RSSR DE Deonte Holden has been granted a 6th year and is expected to return in 2019 for his second SR season.
1/1 - The 2020 recruiting class starts with 2 commits: QB Ben Finley and WR Porter Rooks.
1/5 - 15 freshmen plus 1 transfer enroll early.
1/9 - RSSR OL Philip Walton leaves the team.
1/9 - RSSR CB Vernon Grier leaves the team.
1/14 - JR LB Levi Jones transfers to NC State! He comes in as a true junior with 3 to play 2 and may or may not have to sit a year.
williewolf
regarding the 2 listed as leaving 1/9; is that instance of seniors focusing on school instead of football being they have played minimally? i suspect most coaches encourage since graduation is best use of their time at that point
NatePait94
I doubt it was pushed by the coach. Probably more of a one on one discussion initiated by the player wanting to switch focus on his future
david37
I think that Walton has already graduated and has transferred back home to UNC-Charlotte to play his last year.

Similar for Grier, but he won't graduate until this May and has not decided where to go for his final year.
HntNFshPack
I see that Jamious Griffin has decomitted this evening. Have seen other places that claim we are 'still in consideration' for his services. I'm know there is a lot more info on the premium side. Without giving away any premium info that many here work hard for, do we stand a chance or is Griffin more or less done with the Pack?
NatePait94
The staff still has an in-home visit they are yet to use on Griffin. Assuming they use it, we will know better where we stand afterwards. Time, date, or them actually doing that is yet to be determined.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.