Appears The Brickyard on PP is now "VIP Only.."

22,393 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Gulfstream4
grantwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Not sure if I missed it. Did you mention what happens when you fly south from Argentina for a long time? Do you end up in outer space? I'm wondering why Elon Musk bothered with this whole rocket thing. Wait, is he part of the conspiracy?
I'm curious why the atmosphere on the earth does not just blow away into "outer space", if the earth is really a ball spinning and flying through space at hundreds of thousands of miles an hour. They say that the reason that comets have tails is because gases evaporate and are "emitted" from the comet. What keeps the earth's atmosphere magically attached to the earth in the fairy tale model of a ball earth flying around the universe?

Our planet's gravity holds our atmosphere in place, and our strong magnetic field protects it from solar radiation. If our planet was smaller, like Mercury, or say, a comet, there wouldn't be sufficient gravity to hold an atmosphere and it would blow away in the solar wind.

Care to answer my questions? Or maybe a deeper question... why is it so important to you for the Earth to be flat? Is this a religious thing?
People (except for governments) are not allowed to explore Antarctica, by an international treaty. So we have no way of knowing what exists as you go further south into Antarctica (ie, away from the center of the earth in the flat earth model). It is theorized that at some point the "firmament" (described in the Bible as a hard crystalline structure over the earth that contains the atmosphere) must connect to the ground in Antarctica. But we can't know if and where this occurs since governments of the world want to maintain secrecy about Antarctica. What are they trying to hide down there?

Poppycock. No treaty prevents people from going to Antarctica. You have to have a permit, yes...but you can still go. Surprisingly, there's not a lot of demand for anything other than scientific research and the occasional tourist group.

Here's a list of people who have applied for a permit recently:

Ice Wall permits
Yeah, I knew that. You get a permit, and you are only allowed to go to a few certain areas, and do a few things. The point is that there is no REAL exploration that is allowed. The vast majority of the continent is closed off to "civilians".
And your proof of this is what, exactly?
grantwolf
I'm gonna hope with all of my heart that the whole flat earth thing you are clinging to is just for fun.

But if not, can you explain to me sunrises and sunsets?
ncsupack1
grantwolf said:

I'm gonna hope with all of my heart that the whole flat earth thing you are clinging to is just for fun.

That's a easy one....think a flag pole.....all you need a just one person....
provsoftball
There will be more people migrating here from PP especially if this board picks up
waynecountywolf
NCSUWarrior said:

GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

That calculation you refer to is assuming the view is exactly at 0 degrees. But the laser starts at 5' above the surface of the Earth, and points ever so slightly downward. Get some CAD software and see for yourself. Two points that are 5' above the Earth can be seen (or connected by a straight line) from approximately 20 miles away.
I actually work at a civil engineering firm, and have AutoCAD installed on my computer. I just did it. A straight line drawn from two points 5 ft above a spherical earth model with a radius of 3,958.8 miles from 20 miles away intersects (and goes "below") the circle representing the surface of a spherical earth. Therefore, the two points 5 ft above the shoreline would NOT be visible from 20 miles away in the spherical earth theory/model, because the "curvature" of the "globe earth" would be blocking that straight line sight.

Therefore....the earth is NOT a sphere with a radius of 3,958.8 miles and circumference of 24,901 miles. Since all these tests across large lakes prove that the surface of the water is completely flat, we can conclude that the "spherical earth" model is false, and that the earth is a flat plane.

Are you an engineer?
Admin. (secretary)
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
waynecountywolf
GuerrillaPack said:

grantwolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Not sure if I missed it. Did you mention what happens when you fly south from Argentina for a long time? Do you end up in outer space? I'm wondering why Elon Musk bothered with this whole rocket thing. Wait, is he part of the conspiracy?
I'm curious why the atmosphere on the earth does not just blow away into "outer space", if the earth is really a ball spinning and flying through space at hundreds of thousands of miles an hour. They say that the reason that comets have tails is because gases evaporate and are "emitted" from the comet. What keeps the earth's atmosphere magically attached to the earth in the fairy tale model of a ball earth flying around the universe?

Our planet's gravity holds our atmosphere in place, and our strong magnetic field protects it from solar radiation. If our planet was smaller, like Mercury, or say, a comet, there wouldn't be sufficient gravity to hold an atmosphere and it would blow away in the solar wind.

Care to answer my questions? Or maybe a deeper question... why is it so important to you for the Earth to be flat? Is this a religious thing?
People (except for governments) are not allowed to explore Antarctica, by an international treaty. So we have no way of knowing what exists as you go further south into Antarctica (ie, away from the center of the earth in the flat earth model). It is theorized that at some point the "firmament" (described in the Bible as a hard crystalline structure over the earth that contains the atmosphere) must connect to the ground in Antarctica. But we can't know if and where this occurs since governments of the world want to maintain secrecy about Antarctica. What are they trying to hide down there?

Poppycock. No treaty prevents people from going to Antarctica. You have to have a permit, yes...but you can still go. Surprisingly, there's not a lot of demand for anything other than scientific research and the occasional tourist group.

Here's a list of people who have applied for a permit recently:

Ice Wall permits
Yeah, I knew that. You get a permit, and you are only allowed to go to a few certain areas, and do a few things. The point is that there is no REAL exploration that is allowed. The vast majority of the continent is closed off to "civilians".
Lets chip in to buy him a one way permit to Antarctica
GuerrillaPack
grantwolf said:

Nope. I'm 100% serious. When I first really started seeing the "flat earth" view (with videos in my YouTube recommendations) back around 2016, at first I rejected it and thought it was a "psyop", but I was still intrigued and would continue to regularly watch YouTube videos on the topic over the following months. As I looked into it more and actually considered the arguments and evidence I gradually began to see that they were making valid arguments. It took about a 6 months to a year before I became fully convinced.

The sun is not "millions of miles" from the surface of the earth. It is much much closer, and acts more like a "spotlight". Therefore, it does not illuminate the entire surface of the flat plane earth at once. The sun does not actually go down (in elevation) below the flat plane earth. It circles above the surface of the earth (with the north pole being the center of that circuit) constantly at the same height above the surface of the earth. The rising and setting of the sun is due to optical phenomena, including the law of perspective and atmospheric lensing (where water vapor in the atmosphere magnifies the size of the sun).

These videos explain it:

caryking
GP, I know you are very committed to the flat earth theory. I, on the other hand, believe what ive been taught, for many years. Honestly, it's not that important, for me, to be right about this subject.

Now, can we get back to the Brickyard discussion?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
caryking said:

GP, I know you are very committed to the flat earth theory. I, on the other hand, believe what ive been taught, for many years. Honestly, it's not that important, for me, to be right about this subject.

Doesn't matter to me. grantwolf is the one who brought up the subject of flat earth into this thread, and he and Smamty pampty keep asking me questions about it.

If these people want to discuss the flat earth view, I created a thread on that topic back in 2019:
https://insidepacksports.com/forums/4/topics/15090/replies/290362
grantwolf
Those are 2 of the most embarrassingly unscientific videos I think I've ever seen to try to explain anything even remotely scientifically based.

Ever wonder why these diagrams and experiments are so crude and rudimentary and not done by anyone with any seemingly basic understanding of science, light, refraction, light falloff, etc?

I mean seriously....a paper drawing of a sun viewed on a table behind a tank of water? THAT explains the sunset? A "not to scale" model of the 40-mile wide sun circling the globe with no scientifically verifiable size or distance from the ground (3,000 miles??!), showing a spotlight on the Earth that doesn't simulate accurately that half of the earth receives sunlight at all times....
caryking
grantwolf said:

Those are 2 of the most embarrassingly unscientific videos I think I've ever seen to try to explain anything even remotely scientifically based.

Ever wonder why these diagrams and experiments are so crude and rudimentary and not done by anyone with any seemingly basic understanding of science, light, refraction, light falloff, etc?

I mean seriously....a paper drawing of a sun viewed on a table behind a tank of water? THAT explains the sunset? A "not to scale" model of the 40-mile wide sun circling the globe with no scientifically verifiable size or distance from the ground (3,000 miles??!), showing a spotlight on the Earth that doesn't simulate accurately that half of the earth receives sunlight at all times....
Grant, let it go... GP provided a link, on the subject created some time ago...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
grantwolf said:

What does this have to do with The Brickyard?

You still haven't answered the questions I posed to you.

Go pound sand.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Obviously it's hard to not react to someone with jaw-droppingly ridiculous beliefs that are easy to refute with 4th grade-level science.

The problem is that this isn't just a different religion or a sign of mental instability, it's something that's much darker that has taken hold of a large swath of our society. Belief in a flat earth and belief in Q are two sides of the same coin. MAGA is essentially a weaponized "flat earth" movement.

Seriously, listen to this guy.

GuerrillaPack
SmaptyWolf said:

The problem is that this isn't just a different religion or a sign of mental instability, it's something that's much darker that has taken hold of a large swath of our society. Belief in a flat earth and belief in Q are two sides of the same coin. MAGA is essentially a weaponized "flat earth" movement.

Oy vey!! What is that "much darker" thing?

Rejection of the ideology of anti-American communists who openly are destroying America and society?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
SmaptyWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Rejection of the ideology of anti-American communists who openly are destroying America and society?

Watch the video. His explanation is much calmer than mine.
GuerrillaPack
SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Can't you give a short summary? Maybe I don't have an hour to spare to watch that.

Let me guess the "much darker" thing is people who dare to believe, *gasp* "conspiracy theories"!! Oh the horror!!
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
SmaptyWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Can't you give a short summary? Maybe I don't have an hour to spare to watch that.

Let me guess the "much darker" thing is people who dare to believe, *gasp* "conspiracy theories"!! Oh the horror!!

It starts 30 mins into the video. I'm sure you can spare 15 mins or so for a life altering epiphany.
Wuffey
I was told it was open-minded and tolerant over here. The BY is dead right now. I see more of the same with the libtard and Dems comments here. Bummer.
ncsupack1
I find it pretty open. I just see people trying to argue about the earth being flat, using YouTube as their source?
Big Sexy Pack
Wuffey said:

I was told it was open-minded and tolerant over here. The BY is dead right now. I see more of the same with the libtard and Dems comments here. Bummer.

Only commies, libtards, and other wackos believe the flat earth theory. god fearin' conservative patriots know the earth is hallow. Aliens and dinosaurs live there, man! Wake up!

Hooe you boys and girls are doing well over here.
PackMom
Big Sexy Pack said:

Wuffey said:

Only commies, libtards, and other wackos believe the flat earth theory. god fearin' conservative patriots know the earth is hallow. Aliens and dinosaurs live there, man! Wake up!

My grandchildren love the dinosaurs but are less interested in the aliens so far.
Wuffey
Big Sexy Pack said:

Wuffey said:

Hey! Sexy is here. Things are looking up.
Wuffey
PackMom said:

Big Sexy Pack said:

Wuffey said:

My grandchildren love the dinosaurs but are less interested in the aliens so far.
and So is Mom! Hey PackMom, I had my first Grandchild a little over a month ago. This "grand" thing is pretty cool.
PackMom
Isn't it great? Boy or girl?
Wuffey
PackMom said:

Isn't it great? Boy or girl?
Boy...named Theo. He's awesome but 2 hours away in Wilmington. Not too bad a drive even for a day trip from Raleigh.
PackMom
You have no idea the delights in store for you!
hokiewolf
My God, normal people
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
WarrenPeace
This is like the southern border
ncsupack1
Wuffey said:

PackMom said:

Big Sexy Pack said:

Wuffey said:

and So is Mom! Hey PackMom, I had my first Grandchild a little over a month ago. This "grand" thing is pretty cool.

Congrats!
waynecountywolf
hokiewolf said:

My God, normal people
BBW12OG
Welcome everyone from the BY...

This place is a damn good alternative to the BY.

You won't have someone like RCS pushing a political agenda or pushing a narrative. It has it's characters. Hell, we even have a Disney one. Pinocchio.

Hang around long enough and you'll figure it out. He is our version of Super. Likes to lie and make stuff up. He gets caught routinely, disappears for a few days, shows back up pretending like it never happened.

Other than that there are political topics, food topics, NASCAR etc......

This place could be exactly like the BY if enough fans come over and support it. RCS isn't going to restore the BY like it was. He is too entrenched in anti-Trump BS.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Big Sexy Pack
WarrenPeace said:

This is like the southern border
You owe me a monitor, pal!

waynecountywolf
waynecountywolf
Wolfbreath2 this is for you!
ncsupack1
We going to have a good ol' eating thread?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.