Appears The Brickyard on PP is now "VIP Only.."

22,406 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Gulfstream4
PackMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gracieagain said:

here are some questions about using this forum if anyone can help. thanks

• how does one go to the most recent unread reply in a thread?
  • how do you know if there are unread replies?
  • how do you know when someone has quoted your post?
  • eta: also, how do you know who has liked a post?

thanks again
If you look at the forum topic list, to the far right there's a column showing number of views and how long ago the last reply was. To the left of that there is the number of posts, and immediately to the left of that is a number of new posts since you viewed the thread. If that's green, it means staff has posted. If it's blue, someone replied to one of your posts.

There is no way to know who has starred a post unless they say so.
Buzzosborne
Packfan89 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

This has turned into a very interesting thread.
Heck, it's obvious I'm not important…. I posted who I am and got no reply. It doesn't feel all the great to be pushed asides.
Ha, I noticed that. I'm care, you are one of the few folks that will talk NASCAR...lol
Well, I am from Cary, with my family tree really never leaving North Carolina. It's just in my blood. That said, I really enjoy racing, of all kind.. I've watched F1 going back to the 70's.

Some of the most fun is watching the Isle of Man TT motorcycle race…. It's awesome! If you haven't heard of the TT, watch this…

It is quite the spectacle but I have mixed feelings. There's zero margin for error on a lot of that course. The risk of death is a lot higher than most motorsports. It's crazy and awesome but I'm scared just watching and I'm far from chicken on a motorcycle.

I figured you for a huge Slayer fan and that your name was a homophone.
Dunlow66
Buzzosborne said:

Packfan89 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

This has turned into a very interesting thread.
Heck, it's obvious I'm not important…. I posted who I am and got no reply. It doesn't feel all the great to be pushed asides.
Ha, I noticed that. I'm care, you are one of the few folks that will talk NASCAR...lol
Well, I am from Cary, with my family tree really never leaving North Carolina. It's just in my blood. That said, I really enjoy racing, of all kind.. I've watched F1 going back to the 70's.

Some of the most fun is watching the Isle of Man TT motorcycle race…. It's awesome! If you haven't heard of the TT, watch this…

It is quite the spectacle but I have mixed feelings. There's zero margin for error on a lot of that course. The risk of death is a lot higher than most motorsports. It's crazy and awesome but I'm scared just watching and I'm far from chicken on a motorcycle.

I figured you for a huge Slayer fan and that your name was a homophone.

What kind of Homo did you just call him?
gracieagain
PackMom said:

gracieagain said:

thanks again
If you look at the forum topic list, to the far right there's a column showing number of views and how long ago the last reply was. To the left of that there is the number of posts, and immediately to the left ot that is a number of new posts since you viewed the thread. If that's green, it means staff has posted. If it's blue, someone replied to one of your posts.

Thank you!
TheStorm
Yikes! I see that there has been an influx of new posters since I left on my trip... will take me a while to get caught up here, but at least it should be interesting to some degree - or not.
gracieagain
gracieagain
PackMom said:

gracieagain said:

thanks again
If you look at the forum topic list, to the far right there's a column showing number of views and how long ago the last reply was. To the left of that there is the number of posts, and immediately to the left ot that is a number of new posts since you viewed the thread. If that's green, it means staff has posted. If it's blue, someone replied to one of your posts.

I don't see this:

"and immediately to the left ot that is a number of new posts since you viewed the thread. If that's green, it means staff has posted. If it's blue, someone replied to one of your posts."

maybe it's settings or premium features
PackMom
Sorry about that. If you look at the top of the topics page, there's a Getting Started on the IPS Forums thread that might be helpful. https://insidepacksports.com/forums/2/topics/16 It has links to images of what the topic and thread pages look like.

If you click the time of the last post (on the right side) it would take you to the last post and if there aren't a lot you can back up from there. The first unread post should have a red bar down the left side of it.

There's also a forum called Do You Have a Problem: https://insidepacksports.com/forums/7

Some things are different on mobile vs. desktop. I should have asked which you use. I'm not sure if there's a list of different services between free and paid accounts.

Good luck!
Bockwinkle

Got "banned" for making fun of unc-ch on the "make fun of unc" thread.

Or was it for pointing out that the "no politics" cuz "spam" only applied to one side?
BBW12OG
Bockwinkle said:

Got "banned" for making fun of unc-ch on the "make fun of unc" thread.

Or was it for pointing out that the "no politics" cuz "spam" only applied to one side?
LOL....

I went and checked it out to see if there were any posts on the Iran/Israel ordeal.

The thread had spiraled into politics.... and guess what?

It wasn't long before it was "sanitized" to make sure that there were ZERO negative Sleepy Joe or his administration posts.

How sad must it be to want to censor an off-topic message board to make sure that nothing is said negative about your chosen party?

Talk about being a thin-skinned soy boy......
Wufskins
I checked as well, and yep, you're still permanently banned.
BBW12OG
Wufskins said:

LOL... killing you isn't it?

Again.... you can't prove that I am or I'm not. FACT.

You know how easy it is to get a dummy account on 24/7?

You have them so yes... you know.
barelypure
BBW12OG said:

Wufskins said:

Well if you aren't banned over there I'm sure a certain dudette will work tirelessly to see that you are. Never let him (and I use that term loosely) what your alias is over there or he'll make it his mission.
BBW12OG
barelypure said:

BBW12OG said:

Wufskins said:

Well if you aren't banned over there I'm sure a certain dudette will work tirelessly to see that you are. Never let him (and I use that term loosely) what your alias is over there or he'll make it his mission.
Oh I know.... he's a big reason that Soy Boy Cory shut the place down. He and a few other cried and complained.

Imagine have such a pathetic life for that to be how you get your jollies..... he and Sooner must have a lot in common.

That poor clown must not know what to do after 9+ years of posting dozens, if not more, times a day everything he could find negative about Trump.

Pathetic.
Wufskins
barelypure said:

BBW12OG said:

Wufskins said:

Still going with this lie. Let it go buddy. Holding a grudge at your age isn't good for the ticker.
BBW12OG
Wufskins said:

barelypure said:

BBW12OG said:

Wufskins said:

Still going with this lie. Let it go buddy. Holding a grudge at your age isn't good for the ticker.
LOL.... bothers you so much doesn't it?

Coming from someone that spends 90% or more of their time on message boards I don't think I'm the one that has the issues......

And you and everyone here and there know it.
Wufskins
I bet you grind your teeth in your sleep.
BBW12OG
Wufskins said:

Again... nothing of substance... just ridiculous deflections.....

I would say you could ask your wife but I am way to mature to make a comment like that. So I won't.
barelypure
BBW12OG said:

Wufskins said:

Again... nothing of substance... just ridiculous deflections.....

I would say you could ask your wife but I am way to mature to make a comment like that. So I won't.
Hillsboroughstpunk
Finally broke the addiction. Had not posted on Pack Pride in over a month, but still would go by to read some of the threads in the lands of the free. Which still gave the site traffic number boosts, but my vote for leaving completely due to poor management of site, and zero communication to posters there as to why Brickyard was... Bricked, went into full with now no longer visiting site as well. Bummer that, but you play the cards you are dealt. Hope some more of our well know posters there can make their way here.
GetOffMyLawnPack
Hillsboroughstpunk said:

Finally broke the addiction. Had not posted on Pack Pride in over a month, but still would go by to read some of the threads in the lands of the free. Which still gave the site traffic number boosts, but my vote for leaving completely due to poor management of site, and zero communication to posters there as to why Brickyard was... Bricked, went into full with now no longer visiting site as well. Bummer that, but you play the cards you are dealt. Hope some more of our well know posters there can make their way here.
+1
ncsupack1
Hillsboroughstpunk said:

Not sure if you are a state fan or not but I suggest premium. The guys running this site have some real good features.
BBW12OG
ncsupack1 said:

Hillsboroughstpunk said:

Not sure if you are a state fan or not but I suggest premium. The guys running this site have some real good features.
And have leaps and bounds better information on athletics. They also are good dudes.
ncsupack1
BBW12OG said:

ncsupack1 said:

Hillsboroughstpunk said:

And have leaps and bounds better information on athletics. They also are good dudes.

This
Hillsboroughstpunk
ncsupack1 said:

Hillsboroughstpunk said:

Born and bred Red my friends. Lucky enough to have the campus as my playground growing up.

The local chaps running the site are indeed good chaps, but the beef is more with those above them, that control the code, and the site. It is them who have kept all in the dark.
But as for premium, I think that held more value in past years, like the Sendek saga, but as someone posted early on in our discussion as to what happened there, one of the bigger things to stand out to me was those who did have premium saying that it no longer really had insider info, as some who wanted things kept private as things played out, were asking those they shared info with, not to post on websites. And so there was not the volume of info once had there, and most of said info could be found elsewhere or a few days later for free. I just do not see the value, aside from lack of pop ups.
Joining is not a monetary issue, in a way it is value for the investment, but more so it is just a principle thing for myself personally. Especially when it was only the NCSU site that had this done, and other school sites were not given the same treatment. As to the cause of the lock down, the "spammer" who was stomping IP's.... Is weak sauce in my book. I have a rather expansive IT background, and nuking the most popular section on Pack Pride because of one guy? Many discussions about this on there had other IT centric people offering up common sense solutions with no feedback what so ever as to what the site owners were doing about it. Are we to believe that one troll alone brought down the Brickyard? That must be one bad azz black hat. As is, as far as I know, nothing has changed, and it has been how long now? F-em.

So I voted with my feet and my (lack of a) dollar.
Full disclosure, When Pack Pride was first created, I worked with one of the wives of one of the creators, so I had a little exposure to the beginnings. I have always felt the site, even with its conflicts, was a great community site, in the way we all came together when a known poster was having life challenges, and reached out to us for kind words and support. Then all the ATBY help questions? Wow, best source for getting sound advice on pretty much anything one could ask for! As good as a youtube video on fixing a dryer. And then there was the comradery of us all in pulling for the Pack! Suffering the hard times and rejoicing in the great victories (though fewer than we oldsters would prefer)

A great site, but there is a cancer there now. Till it gets resolved, I am staying away and hoping we can repeat the good created there...just here. Just like Pack Pride, it will take some time. Depends on how further that site is mismanaged by the parent company, and continue to do dumb actions, chasing away more posters. But if they reopen the BY and the Archives... yes, I would go back.

Your support of friends there is to be admired. I feel like they too have been given a sour lemon to suck on.

Edit to add... Derp. I just realized you typed "This site" and may have been inferring joining premium here is a good move. I will certainly look at it. If anything, for the ignore option. Silence of willful ignorance... is Bliss. This from a guy who firmly believes that we all, if given the time to sit down with anyone, will find that we have more in common than not. That is just a truth. Yet we let the few things, as most are strong beliefs, separate us, than all that we can agree on, to unite and find common ground where we all can stand and learn from. AKA, Take off the horse blinders and see that a larger world is out there than just yourself.
ncsupack1
Hillsboroughstpunk said:

ncsupack1 said:

Hillsboroughstpunk said:

Born and bred Red my friends. Lucky enough to have the campus as my playground growing up.

The local chaps running the site are indeed good chaps, but the beef is more with those above them, that control the code, and the site. It is them who have kept all in the dark.
But as for premium, I think that held more value in past years, like the Sendek saga, but as someone posted early on in our discussion as to what happened there, one of the bigger things to stand out to me was those who did have premium saying that it no longer really had insider info, as some who wanted things kept private as things played out, were asking those they shared info with, not to post on websites. And so there was not the volume of info once had there, and most of said info could be found elsewhere or a few days later for free. I just do not see the value, aside from lack of pop ups.
Joining is not a monetary issue, in a way it is value for the investment, but more so it is just a principle thing for myself personally. Especially when it was only the NCSU site that had this done, and other school sites were not given the same treatment. As to the cause of the lock down, the "spammer" who was stomping IP's.... Is weak sauce in my book. I have a rather expansive IT background, and nuking the most popular section on Pack Pride because of one guy? Many discussions about this on there had other IT centric people offering up common sense solutions with no feedback what so ever as to what the site owners were doing about it. Are we to believe that one troll alone brought down the Brickyard? That must be one bad azz black hat. As is, as far as I know, nothing has changed, and it has been how long now? F-em.

So I voted with my feet and my (lack of a) dollar.
Full disclosure, When Pack Pride was first created, I worked with one of the wives of one of the creators, so I had a little exposure to the beginnings. I have always felt the site, even with its conflicts, was a great community site, in the way we all came together when a known poster was having life challenges, and reached out to us for kind words and support. Then all the ATBY help questions? Wow, best source for getting sound advice on pretty much anything one could ask for! As good as a youtube video on fixing a dryer. And then there was the comradery of us all in pulling for the Pack! Suffering the hard times and rejoicing in the great victories (though fewer than we oldsters would prefer)

A great site, but there is a cancer there now. Till it gets resolved, I am staying away and hoping we can repeat the good created there...just here. Just like Pack Pride, it will take some time. Depends on how further that site is mismanaged by the parent company, and continue to do dumb actions, chasing away more posters. But if they reopen the BY and the Archives... yes, I would go back.

Your support of friends there is to be admired. I feel like they too have been given a sour lemon to suck on.

Edit to add... Derp. I just realized you typed "This site" and may have been inferring joining premium here is a good move. I will certainly look at it. If anything, for the ignore option. Silence of willful ignorance... is Bliss. This from a guy who firmly believes that we all, if given the time to sit down with anyone, will find that we have more in common than not. That is just a truth. Yet we let the few things, as most are strong beliefs, separate us, than all that we can agree on, to unite and find common ground where we all can stand and learn from. AKA, Take off the horse blinders and see that a larger world is out there than just yourself.

Ha, all good. And yes, I was talking about this site. IMO…it's the best place for information and insider info, I do agree that we all have more in common than we think.
Wufskins
Where did you grow up on Hillsborough St? My address was 4200 Hillsborough St
Gulfstream4
BBW12OG said:

Wondered how long it would take R.C.S. and his band of liberals to put a muzzle on free speech.

Ever since he "mistakenly" posted anti-Conservative, anti-GOP and anti-Trump messages from his "official" Pack Pride account a few years ago he's had a stiffy for silencing everything he could conservative.

He banned most of the 20+ year posters or pissed them off enough with his shenanigans that they abandoned the site.

Now... he's gone full blown Goebbels with shutting down the BY for non VIP members.

Guess he took the memo from the Sleepy Joe administration that ALL forms of news media need to concentrate only on the positives from the slack ass administration and refuse to air any negative information.

Typical whiny @$$ liberal BS.

Good luck Wolfer... I saw where you said it was a "glitch..."

Hopefully you gave the information you knew of at the time. You can still walk it back and save face. You know who did it and why they did it.

Message boards are not what they used to be with all the damn overreach from the lefties..... The party of acceptance translates into "better think like we do and support our opinions or we will silence you."

FACT.

I use to enjoy the BY. It was no holds barred and that made it good in my opinion.

Everything changed when djokinme joined up and would carpet bomb every single thread all day, every day. The guy was relentless. He would get his feelings hurt then cry to mods that someone was mean to him. He got me banned too. The mods ran off so many of the old school posters that made that place what it was.

Anyway, they can have it. That place is just about dead.
BBW12OG
Gulfstream4 said:

BBW12OG said:

Wondered how long it would take R.C.S. and his band of liberals to put a muzzle on free speech.

Ever since he "mistakenly" posted anti-Conservative, anti-GOP and anti-Trump messages from his "official" Pack Pride account a few years ago he's had a stiffy for silencing everything he could conservative.

He banned most of the 20+ year posters or pissed them off enough with his shenanigans that they abandoned the site.

Now... he's gone full blown Goebbels with shutting down the BY for non VIP members.

Guess he took the memo from the Sleepy Joe administration that ALL forms of news media need to concentrate only on the positives from the slack ass administration and refuse to air any negative information.

Typical whiny @$$ liberal BS.

Good luck Wolfer... I saw where you said it was a "glitch..."

Hopefully you gave the information you knew of at the time. You can still walk it back and save face. You know who did it and why they did it.

Message boards are not what they used to be with all the damn overreach from the lefties..... The party of acceptance translates into "better think like we do and support our opinions or we will silence you."

FACT.

I use to enjoy the BY. It was no holds barred and that made it good in my opinion.

Everything changed when djokinme joined up and would carpet bomb every single thread all day, every day. The guy was relentless. He would get his feelings hurt then cry to mods that someone was mean to him. He got me banned too. The mods ran off so many of the old school posters that made that place what it was.

Anyway, they can have it. That place is just about dead.
Not to mention the "sports scoops" are usually hours, if not longer, behind. All the "inside information" is taken mostly from twitter and "other sites."

It's OK though....no one is bashing the lefties or the Sleepy Joe agenda and RCS is able to sit at the table at the Hibernium or wherever the hell the loony lefties he runs with are hanging out these days.

Plus... it gives our no-life having friend packskins a life having two boards to post between 7 days a week!!

And yes... Ol'Teapot got many of us run off. I had been there 20+ years and because of him and a few others........complaining about bad mouthing the lefties , got the boot along with a few of the guys that had been there longer or as long as I had.

At least one thing is consistent about the left... eventually their BS policies and ideologies end up destroying what the were set out to do.
hokiewolf
You know, you can just create your own website and do whatever you like, instead of continually *****ing about someone else's.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
TheStorm
hokiewolf said:

You know, you can just create your own website and do whatever you like, instead of continually *****ing about someone else's.
The last thing that I want to do on IPS is read about PP. But he's not the one that started it either...
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

Or you can not click on a thread that specifically is discussing it right?

You being a sanctimonious p r i c k all the time is very telling of just how shallow and lack of self awareness you have.

Mommy and Daddy spoiling you your entire life and not holding you accountable for anything really shows there pal.

Regardless of what you claim your true self always comes out.

Nothing but a spoiled little liar who has had everything handed to them.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

hokiewolf said:

Or you can not click on a thread that specifically is discussing it right?

You being a sanctimonious p r i c k all the time is very telling of just how shallow and lack of self awareness you have.

Mommy and Daddy spoiling you your entire life and not holding you accountable for anything really shows there pal.

Regardless of what you claim your true self always comes out.

Nothing but a spoiled little liar who has had everything handed to them.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Open gym today? Or did you create a lesson plan?
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Hillsboroughstpunk
Wufskins said:

Where did you grow up on Hillsborough St? My address was 4200 Hillsborough St
Faculty Club? That's 4200 H street. If so, Wow my friend that was a long time back! As that place was built (early 60's?) back far enough to be all through my growing years.

As for where I grew up. It was the Wade Ave. Dixie trail area. Fred Olds, Daniels and Martin, then of course the only HS in the state worth talking about, Broughton. Forest Hills for worship, Hillsborough street was just the place to be. Playing pinball in the bowling ally, and the student workers at the unions would let me play pool and the games anytime. Brickyard was the skateboard park (and yes, I would wait for the bell to ring in Harrelson hall to let out class and then shoot the ramp on my board with the students piling out) Students checking ID's at the Gym, if there, would let me in and I would play basketball, lift weights, whatever.
Crash whatever party on or off campus as I got older (starting around 13), which by itself has a ton of crazy times in that. Suffice to say, campus was WILD in the 70's.

My older brother is class of '74 and I also fed off a lot of that exciting times through him. He and I in the family are die hard Pack, the rest.... sigh... deluded tarhole fans/grads. It was just a great place to grow up in and be around. I really learned a lot from the foreign students I got to know, and though in Raleigh and the beautiful South, I had a world view early in life. NC State gave me more than an academic education, it very much gave me a life education. So many friends with parents who were faculty, showed me a lot of that world as well, and got to be around so many fascinating people because of that.

Wufskins
Good stuff. My buddies would sneak in all the time thru the back door at Carmichael. We held our own vs the college kids and often got accused for being freshman punks. I live in WF but if money was no concern, I'd live off of Brooks or Dixie Trail. I didn't have a neighborhood growing up so sorta adopted that area as I had a buddy on Duplin and another on Brooks. We would walk back to one of their houses from Martin. Played a lot of hoops at the Water Tower and would always hit up Churchill or Lewis Farm whenever it snowed. My dad retired from the Club when I was a senior at State (96). The place is way different than when I was a kid. Going there Sunday for brunch before the baseball game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.