PGA Golf Tour vs LIV Golf

43,280 Views | 558 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Packchem91
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Phil is the Trump of Golf. Call out the establishment administrative cabal of the PGA Tour.
LOL. Phil's not the "Trump" of anything...

Phil will now be joined at the hip forever with the name "Patrick Reed"... whenever you hear one name, it will quickly be followed by the other... couldn't have happened to two nicer guys either.
Storm, Patrick certainly has his issues (or could you call it a narrative); however, he is actually a nice person, in a one-on-one setting. His wife, well…

Lol. His family wants nothing to do with him. His former teammates want nothing to do with him. Don't ever hear a fellow competitor standing up for him, but sure, it's all his wife's fault. Not him.

Chem, you say all that as if you have experience with Patrick Reed…. Do you?

Read my post again and ask yourself why the hell you would respond that way…

Consider it more of an agreement with Storm than a argument with you.
And I didn't make anything up all of my points are pretty well documented and agreed upon

As for 1-1. No. I have seen him up close in a practice round at the Wells where he was an absolute a-hat to a Marshall who was simply trying to help point him to his ball in the stress of a practice round.
Agreement with Storm or just trying to disagree with me? As I said is my response to Storm, he certainly has his issue or narrative…. Golf legend Lee Trevino was a complete ass to officials, on multiple occasion, in front of me; however, he is beloved…

In one on one conversations, Patrick is very nice. His cheating on the course, family relationship, and all, is well documented. All those can be true, right? Now, his wife… she's a piece of work…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
The crowd singing O Canada to Nick Taylor on the 14th tee was cool. Not sure how these guys can focus with that though, I'd be so pumped up that I'd miss the ball
Packchem91
Feels like some grandstanding here (particularly if Warren is talking). But, it's probably reasonable to question having a Saudi government backed fund now driving a US entity

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/37841251/pga-tour-liv-golf-partnership-facing-government-scrutiny

caryking
Packchem91 said:

Feels like some grandstanding here (particularly if Warren is talking). But, it's probably reasonable to question having a Saudi government backed fund now driving a US entity

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/37841251/pga-tour-liv-golf-partnership-facing-government-scrutiny

I didn't read the whole article; however, its rich for these people to be questioning this influence… Sequoia Capital is essentially a China investment firm. China owns so much stuff, in the US, and these hacks care about a non-profit?

Joe Biden
wilmwolf
It's what I've been saying since the beginning of this. Either we care about where the money comes from, or we don't. I'm fine if we limit foreign holdings of US entities, would prefer it was that way, but you've got to do it across the board, otherwise you're just being a hypocrite.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Packchem91
Stress is a debilitating force
I'm not sure any person in recent history has become such a pariah so quickly without even committing a crime

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/latest/2023/06/13/joint-statement-from-pga-tour-policy-board-tour-commissioner-jay-monahan-recovering-from-medical-situation
Packchem91
Let's go Rickie!

Good gosh, my guy finally goes record low in a major, and just so happens another guy does as well
Packchem91
I get why, but I hate when the USGA has the last group go off at 340 local time. And then Those guys have to finish in the dark. Good on Wyndham Clark for calling them out for it.
And how many commercials to endure on the prime time coverage
TheStorm
Yeah, figured there would be any LIV chest pumping going on here today… but Phil didn't have to worry about having his name forever hitched to Patrick Reed for one week at least… Reed actually made the cut.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Yeah, figured there would be any LIV chest pumping going on here today… but Phil didn't have to worry about having his name forever hitched to Patrick Reed for one week at least… Reed actually made the cut.

If the weather doesn't change this afternoon, someone is gonna go low, amd I would not be shocked if it is DJ.
I want Rickie to win badly, but could deal with Clark, Rory or Scheffler.
wilmwolf
This is the most sparsely attended US Open I've seen other than the one during covid. Rory winning would certainly be on script at this point.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

This is the most sparsely attended US Open I've seen other than the one during covid. Rory winning would certainly be on script at this point.

When scheffler made that long birdie putt on 13 just now, it sounded quieter than many of the Thursday crowds at one of the better events

But look at the course - not much place to put people between the greens to tees proximity and the barranca (but the USGA had to have known that)
wilmwolf
McIlroy hits a high 6 iron over the green from 200 out.

Azinger: nobody in golf can do what he just did.

Ummm, really zinger? Nobody? It was a pretty good shot from the other fairway, but come on. I remember why I don't watch as much golf as I used to, lol.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

McIlroy hits a high 6 iron over the green from 200 out.

Azinger: nobody in golf can do what he just did.

Ummm, really zinger? Nobody? It was a pretty good shot from the other fairway, but come on. I remember why I don't watch as much golf as I used to, lol.

Not an Azinger fan. Didn't thing NBC had an A game this weekend.

Congrats to Wyndham Clark. Dude has been thru some things, amd clearly has come out on the other side tough as nails.
TheStorm
He's just such a prince of a guy...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/phil-mickelson-accused-showing-pat-perezs-wife-offensive-picture-dinner?dicbo=v2-yiiGoFU
wilmwolf
Yeah, Tiger says showing someone else's wife an inappropriate picture is amateur stuff.
Packchem91
Packchem91 said:

Let's go Rickie!

Good gosh, my guy finally goes record low in a major, and just so happens another guy does as well

Finally!!!! It's been coming, but you still have to finally make a putt and awesome to see that approach shot and putt in the PO
910wolf
Packchem91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Let's go Rickie!

Finally!!!! It's been coming, but you still have to finally make a putt and awesome to see that approach shot and putt in the PO

So pumped for Rickie! He's been playing like a Top 10 player all year, nice to see him get a win. Pretty much locks up his spot on the Ryder Cup team too.
Packchem91
910wolf said:

Packchem91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Let's go Rickie!

So pumped for Rickie! He's been playing like a Top 10 player all year, nice to see him get a win. Pretty much locks up his spot on the Ryder Cup team too.

Agreed. As happy as I've been for an athlete in a while.
Our Ryder Cup team is gonna be stacked. Whether or not we involve the LIV guys. A guy like JT will likely be left out (he's been struggling badly so wouldn't seem to be a captains choice)
910wolf
Packchem91 said:

910wolf said:

Packchem91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Let's go Rickie!

Agreed. As happy as I've been for an athlete in a while.
Our Ryder Cup team is gonna be stacked. Whether or not we involve the LIV guys. A guy like JT will likely be left out (he's been struggling badly so wouldn't seem to be a captains choice)

JT will be on the team no matter what unless for an injury.
caryking
Check out my man…

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/payne-stewart-award/2023/gary-koch-honored-with-pga-tours-payne-stewart-award-presented-by-southern-company

Joe Biden
caryking
Alright folks... Don't throw me under the boat if you are an anti-LIV person...

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/lists/2023-british-open-player-apparel-scripting-royal-liverpool/

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/lists/2023-british-open-player-apparel-scripting-royal-liverpool/

Who do you guys have wearing STITCH this week(end)?
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Who do you guys have wearing STITCH this week(end)?

The ****** is
caryking
Bryson DeChambeau

Joe Biden
Packchem91
Kept hoping Harman would fall back today, but the guy kept grinding and then finally hit it going with some birdies.

With so many guys at 2-7 under, would have been real fun. Maybe the weather will act up
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Kept hoping Harman would fall back today, but the guy kept grinding and then finally hit it going with some birdies.

With so many guys at 2-7 under, would have been real fun. Maybe the weather will act up
Well, the weather has most certainly acted up...
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

As my mom would refer to me, he (the weather) is showing his ass
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

And yet, just like yesterday, he stumbles early, then recovers and is the one guy not making mistakes
Credit to him
Packchem91
Man, Viktor Hovland and Xander put on a show yesterday. Hovland just made every big putt he needed to make and lit up a course that many others struggled.

Factoring out the adjusted starting scores, they were both 7 shots better than the field, which is insanely good.

Now on to the Ryder Cup. Will be interesting to see who gets left out of the US team.
wilmwolf
I actually watched a little bit of their final round, they were both on it. I meant to revive this thread yesterday, because with the talk about how silly the LIV format is, the Tour Championship is just as wacky. I don't know the solution, I see some say match play, but I'm not a fan of the current goofy format. Having guys playing for 18 million with a ten stroke head start on a fairly toothless golf course fails short for me. Kudos to those two for playing well and making it interesting.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

I actually watched a little bit of their final round, they were both on it. I meant to revive this thread yesterday, because with the talk about how silly the LIV format is, the Tour Championship is just as wacky. I don't know the solution, I see some say match play, but I'm not a fan of the current goofy format. Having guys playing for 18 million with a ten stroke head start on a fairly toothless golf course fails short for me. Kudos to those two for playing well and making it interesting.

I'm just not a fan of limited field events. 30 players is juts "meh" to me
What is the solution? I don't know.
And I'm all for giving the guys with best season a Lb advantage - but I agree with you the current one is a bit wonky.
To your point, since the match play event in Austin went away, maybe they'll move that format over to this event.
Would be a good segway to the pending Ryder / Presidents cup that follows closely
wilmwolf
The US getting waxed in the Ryder Cup is not particularly surprising. Just not a lot of fire on this team.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

The US getting waxed in the Ryder Cup is not particularly surprising. Just not a lot of fire on this team.

I love Fowler, he's my favorite golfer. But if I'm making picks, I'm taking Keegan Bradley or Lucas Glover almost every time
Glover was the hottest US player down the stretch and proved mentally tough. Bradley is a bulldog. Dislikeable one, but a bulldog nonetheless

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.