Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,425 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
wolfpack1437
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AlleyPack said:

Borowolf10 said:

Why wouldn't we start Reid?

We might.

But... Willadsen and Villaman haven't pitched in over 10 days and should be well rested.
There's a chance of rain, and an extended delay would work better with the willad/villa combo, as opposed to possibly starting Reid and then losing him after a few innings.
And if we hold Reid back he would gain another day of rest (if we lose and he has to pitch Saturday), OR he'd be ready to start Game One if we win on Friday.
Rain is looking more likely to impact the evening game instead of the early game (at least according to the local weather guy)
CLTWolf
wolfpack1437 said:

AlleyPack said:

Borowolf10 said:

We might.

But... Willadsen and Villaman haven't pitched in over 10 days and should be well rested.
There's a chance of rain, and an extended delay would work better with the willad/villa combo, as opposed to possibly starting Reid and then losing him after a few innings.
And if we hold Reid back he would gain another day of rest (if we lose and he has to pitch Saturday), OR he'd be ready to start Game One if we win on Friday.
Rain is looking more likely to impact the evening game instead of the early game (at least according to the local weather guy)
Ladies and germs wolfpack1437 is our new onsite, boots on the ground, eye in the sky, ear to the ground reporter for Omaha! Bring it on home for us my man!!!
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
cowboypack02
metcalfmafia said:

I hate that this game is at 2pm right in the middle of meetings.
Boss told me i was good luck since every State game I have watched in the post season we have won. The only win that i didn't watch the entire game was the inning on Saturday against Stanford when I went from the house to the bar and we gave up a few runs. Needless to say that I have been given permission to watch the game instead of work on Friday afternoon
pack4life11
cowboypack02 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I hate that this game is at 2pm right in the middle of meetings.
Boss told me i was good luck since every State game I have watched in the post season we have won. The only win that i didn't watch the entire game was the inning on Saturday against Stanford when I went from the house to the bar and we gave up a few runs. Needless to say that I have been given permission to watch the game instead of work on Friday afternoon

Y'all hiring?
cowboypack02
Now that I think about it I don't think that Vandy will start Rocker on short rest. Corbin has already shown that he'll go with someone else in an elimination game and Rocker doesn't do great on short rest.

I think we get another one of their starters
wolfpack1437
CLTWolf said:

wolfpack1437 said:

AlleyPack said:

Borowolf10 said:

We might.

Ladies and germs wolfpack1437 is our new onsite, boots on the ground, eye in the sky, ear to the ground reporter for Omaha! Bring it on home for us my man!!!
lol
pack2010
cowboypack02 said:

Now that I think about it I don't think that Vandy will start Rocker on short rest. Corbin has already shown that he'll go with someone else in an elimination game and Rocker doesn't do great on short rest.

Rocker is starting. And Leiter will start the 2nd game, if there is one. Now will they throw 100+ pitches? Unlikely. But we should see Rocker for a good amount of time considering he is only a day off normal rest and threw 100 pitches on the dot in their game 1

Wolfer79
pack2010 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Rocker is starting. And Leiter will start the 2nd game, if there is one. Now will they throw 100+ pitches? Unlikely. But we should see Rocker for a good amount of time considering he is only a day off normal rest and threw 100 pitches on the dot in their game 1

Rocker, is that you on the mound?

No Coach, this isn't me
pack4life11
Good. Bring it! Murr gonna lead off with a bomb.

This is our year, our time.
Wolfer79
pack2010
Wolfer79 said:

pack2010 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Rocker, is that you on the mound?

No Coach, this isn't me
Rocker? I barely knew her!
EthanBarry
Staff
Rocker threw 23 scoreless innings before SEC play started (includes 8 innings vs a good OK State team).
He threw 7 shutout against Presbyterian in regionals and 7 and 2/3rds against a good ECU team in Supers.

He has a 3.9 ERA otherwise. Even if you want to include ECU and OSU it's a 3.2 ERA. Far from unbeatable
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf
That would suck.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
EthanBarry said:

Good lord, no.
CLTWolf
EthanBarry said:

Oh man...how do we feel about something like this happening? If they go Rocker Saturday he's done until maybe a 3rd game Wednesday, if they make it. If Leiter goes Sunday then he's done if they make it.

I don't even want to think how it would affect our staff.

How am I supposed to feel about this possibility!? (I haven't looked at the weather at all to see how much of a possibility this actually is)

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
EthanBarry
Staff
CLTWolf said:

EthanBarry said:

Oh man...how do we feel about something like this happening? If they go Rocker Saturday he's done until maybe a 3rd game Wednesday, if they make it. If Leiter goes Sunday then he's done if they make it.

I don't even want to think how it would affect our staff.

How am I supposed to feel about this possibility!? (I haven't looked at the weather at all to see how much of a possibility this actually is)

Hate it, although basically every team is screwed similarly. State and MSU are probably fine if they win in one game. Probably can't use Villaman in relief though
magpie
Looks like thunderstorms in the forecast for Omaha all afternoon Friday and into the night.
wilmwolf
Anything that gives them extra rest basically negates the effect of them having to play the extra game in the losers bracket. Weather delays don't help us at all.
AlleyPack
No bueno.
DrummerboyWolf
No that would suck. I am supposed to fly out Sunday morning figuring I could always cancel if we were done by Saturday. If we are playing on Sunday, I don't know what I will do. I guess I made the baseball Gods mad by putting the cart before the horse and they helped Stanford and Beck blow up with two outs in the 9th. " It's not nice to fool Mother Nature."
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfpack
Get Rocker out on the mound then let the thunder come

Seriously if we can beat Kopps with Willadsen, Beck with RJ, Leiter with Highfill, and then Rocker with Willadsen cut the damn tape and start making that 30 for 30.
AlleyPack
EthanBarry said:

It's only 8 p.m. in Omaha.
Technically they shouldn't postpone tonight's game for another three hours.
Looking at the radar, the rain should be pretty much cleared out by then.

So if they postpone it earlier than 11 p.m. ... which would give Vandy a substantial advantage.... Hmmm.
Bell Tower Grey
We have to continue to play our game. The way I see it, we're on house money. While we're a good media story, no one is giving us that much credit to win. This team has faced, and beaten, the best college pitchers in the game today - according to the media.....but we've beaten them with also some of the best pitchers, and arguably the best defensive team, in college baseball. Not to mention a pretty good offensive group as well.

We may be the only ones believing that we will actually win. Know what? Piss on everyone else. We've long fought the lack of respect battle; now it's time to win that war. We got this.
DrummerboyWolf
AlleyPack said:

EthanBarry said:

It's only 8 p.m. in Omaha.
Technically they shouldn't postpone tonight's game for another three hours.
Looking at the radar, the rain should be pretty much cleared out by then.

So if they postpone it earlier than 11 p.m. ... which would give Vandy a substantial advantage.... Hmmm.
I just looked at Omaha local weather and it should be clearing in the next 20 minutes or so. Doesn't appear to be any more thunderstorms behind what is coming through. I know storms can pop up anywhere, but to the west of Omaha it appeared clear. So maybe they get the game going in about 30 minutes or so. 9 pm local time they should be good to go.
DrummerboyWolf
Rainbow at the stadium and it looks like they are getting ready to take the tarp off, but who knows.

Wolfpacker1385
Live video:
https://www.wowt.com/weather/cams/
#GTHC #WPN
Follow me on Twitter @wolfpacker1385
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpacker1385 said:

Live video:
https://www.wowt.com/weather/cams/
Looks like the fans are coming back in
DJncsu13
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
11 pm eastern or 11pm central?
EthanBarry
Staff
Tomorrow's weather looks pretty bad too. Starts and stops probably benefit State pretty significantly
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
DJncsu13 said:

central i presume?
wilmwolf
Local time
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
wilmwolf80 said:

Local time
that is what i thought.....i guess i will stomach some more NBA or the ****ty braves.....
metcalfmafia
Don't even mention the Braves to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.