Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,429 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have they determined the game time yet or are they waiting to see if there is two or one game tomorrow?
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf said:

Have they determined the game time yet or are they waiting to see if there is two or one game tomorrow?

radio postgame said it depends on Texas/Mississippi State result tonight.

I have read 2pm no matter what

do not know what to believe
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfer79 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

radio postgame said it depends on Texas/Mississippi State result tonight.

I have read 2pm no matter what

do not know what to believe
Thanks, Nobody knows what to believe with the fiasco from today.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
PossumJenkins
They said today during the tv broadcast it would be 2 no matter what. But who knows anything anymore
packgrad
James Henderson said:

Weird I thought the home plate ump was consistent on both sides. We got some calls our way too.

Lol. Godalmighty.
James Henderson
Staff
King Leary said:

gopack1979 said:

James, first I love this site and what you do! Today hasn't been your day. Show me an example of where the freakin ump gave us a call??? Gtfooh with that take.

James. How much H have you been taking? Ump ****ed us left and right.

With all due respect because I love you and the site
I love you too brother.

There were a couple of overhead shots where we got a strike call on a pitch outside the plate.

I thought we got a couple of backdoor sliders off the plate too for Payne.

There's a lot we can nitpick about ball/strike calls every game if we're being honest.
James Henderson
Staff
55Burgers said:

I'm almost more concerned with who they're throwing tomorrow.
I don't think they bring Leiter back tomorrow.
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

Don't even talk balls and strikes with the umps, they were more generous with the zone for them but that not the important part, let's talk rule book. The overturn of the overturn on Mensik's double was flat against the rules, not to mention how the hell do you miss that from five feet away in the first place. They also failed to enforce the slide interference rule on the potential double play. With the game being monitored by some sort of central official, that just shouldn't happen. Did it change the outcome of the game? I don't know. But it was pretty bad given the stage.
Yep, I didn't get the Mensik ruling.

It looked like he overturned his own foul call. I had never seen that before.
CLTWolf
James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

If I'm in their shoes, I'm holding Leiter for next week on full rest since Rocker is basically done. There's no way I want to go into that 2 out of 3 deal without both studs.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
James Henderson
Staff
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

If I'm in their shoes, I'm holding Leiter for next week on full rest since Rocker is basically done. There's no way I want to go into that 2 out of 3 deal without both studs.

Exactly. No shot at winning it all.

They need to piece together a win tomorrow against a likely deplited NC State lineup and save Leiter for Monday. Then you can get back to Rocker Wednesday.
Wlfpackamk
James, I'm just wondering whom you'd blame on Twitter for this?
wolfinit
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

Which leads to the question, how good is Vandys #3?
wilmwolf
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

If I were them, I wouldn't have pitched Rocker today, so I don't put it out of the realm of possibility Leiter goes tomorrow. Hell, they didn't win convincingly today with Rocker, maybe they don't trust the other guys to get it done.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfinit
James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

They need to piece together a win tomorrow against a likely deplited NC State lineup and save Leiter for Monday. Then you can get back to Rocker Wednesday.

Why do you say "likely" depleted lineup? I get JT and Justice but from what we know right now sounds like no one else "should" be out.
Packamylase
James, do you have any more information about what happened today and when? Why the late covid testing? Who ordered it? Why couldn't the game be postponed until results returned? Who should we expect tomorrow? Anyone know?
James Henderson
Staff
Wlfpackamk said:

James, I'm just wondering whom you'd blame on Twitter for this?

I don't follow?

If you tested negative earlier in the week what does that have to do with testing rules after a player has tested positive?
SportManagementEngineer
wilmwolf80 said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

If I were them, I wouldn't have pitched Rocker today, so I don't put it out of the realm of possibility Leiter goes tomorrow. Hell, they didn't win convincingly today with Rocker, maybe they don't trust the other guys to get it done.

If Rocker doesn't pitch today- we probably would've won. They had to start their best.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
James Henderson
Staff
wolfinit said:

James Henderson said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

Why do you say "likely" depleted lineup? I get JT and Justice but from what we know right now sounds like no one else "should" be out.
State played with 13 guys today. If I'm Vandy I'm not expecting NC State to be at full strength tomorrow.

Hell you already know no Jarrett and Justice. That's a starter and a closer right there.

The goal for Vandy should be to win the national title. Why pitch Leiter on 4 days rest when you can have him Monday full strength?

You're going to have to piece together two games to win a title, why not do one tomorrow?
Wlfpackamk
Oh, I just thought we had to blame someone for players not playing.even though they were negative.all week.
James Henderson
Staff
Packamylase said:

James, do you have any more information about what happened today and when? Why the late covid testing? Who ordered it? Why couldn't the game be postponed until results returned? Who should we expect tomorrow? Anyone know?
I've heard the NCAA requires you to have two negative tests after being around a positive player. If you are vaccinated you don't need to test but if you aren't, you do.

I assume the players who tested today didn't have both tests?

I wonder if Vandy didn't want untested/unvacinnated players playing. Could thi have been a situation like FSU/Clemson in football?
James Henderson
Staff
Wlfpackamk said:

Oh, I just thought we had to blame someone for players not playing.even though they were negative.all week.
What does being negative all week have to do with future positive tests? Again, I don't follow the logic.

If you're being tested you can always test positive.

You guys do realize a potential disqualification was on the table today, right?
Packamylase
James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

What does being negative all week have to do with future positive tests? Again, I don't follow the logic.

Why wasn't testing started early this morning instead of an hour before the game?
packedout
Wlfpackamk said:

Well, someone is to blame, otherwise they would have played.
jmepack
James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

I've heard the NCAA requires you to have two negative tests after being around a positive player. If you are vaccinated you don't need to test but if you aren't, you do.

I wonder if Vandy didn't want untested/unvacinnated players playing. Could thi have been a situation like FSU/Clemson in football?
So 2 negative tests. 1 being returned today during game and then I would assume 1 tonight/tomorrow AM & they can play?
Packforlife
As long as we had enough to play a disqualification would have been a huge legal mistake on there part. NCAA cant legally make players get vaccinated and they damn sure cant disqualify vaccinated players that have done nothing to be punished for.
James Henderson
Staff
Packamylase said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Why wasn't testing started early this morning instead of an hour before the game?
Someone from State/NCAA should have already answered that.
3rdGenPacker
jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

So 2 negative tests. 1 being returned today during game and then I would assume 1 tonight/tomorrow AM & they can play?
I have been told the players will need to test again tomorrow morning, so this makes sense.
Wlfpackamk
James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

They literally tested negative this morning. And the fact that forfeit was on the table is absurd.
James Henderson
Staff
jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

That's what I've heard.

Or they could have had 1 returned before the game but because they hadn't had a second, they couldn't play. I'm not sure of the timeline b/c no one has said anything about it specifically.
Wlfpackamk
2 negatives needed today
Wolfpack
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

What are they doing next week? Cancun?
James Henderson
Staff
Wlfpackamk said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

They literally tested negative this morning. And the fact that forfeit was on the table is absurd.
Yep, and each day you test is another day you can test positve, for up to 5-7 days.

DIdn't the NCAA have teams on stand-by as COVID replacements?
jmepack
James Henderson said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

That's what I've heard.

Or they could have had 1 returned before the game but because they hadn't had a second, they couldn't play. I'm not sure of the timeline b/c no one has said anything about it specifically.
Makes sense. So 1 more negative test in the morning and we're good to go, outside of Jarrett.

Not sure about Justice since he was not at ballpark today but for the other starters/Reid Johnston, no way those guys have COVID. They were literally minutes away from playing a game and warming up. Don't think they're doing that with COVID
wilmwolf
Not for baseball that I'm aware.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
James Henderson
Staff
3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

I have been told the players will need to test again tomorrow morning, so this makes sense.
Which makes sense. I've been telling people for months since I've had COVID just because you test negative once or twice doesn't mean anything. You can still test positive 2-3-4 days later.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.