Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,452 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
Pack31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean **** me. *** else can go wrong?

Have they shown Rockers dad yet? Just curious. I mean its special. 6 for 6 Ks....ump aided ****
pack4life11
The rig is in boyswe got this though!! Mensik ball was fair and strike 3 was 6 inches off the outside corner
redsteel33
Civilized said:

Daviewolf83 said:

PossumJenkins said:

We stop the game for 10 mins and have replay and still don't get the call right?
Apparently, can't use replay in this case to change the call on the field. Sucks, since you can obviously see the mark the ball made on the chalk.

They didn't use relay though. They just conferred.
Exactly!
Wolfmac
You can't win if the umps don't allow it. I want to go beat the **** out of those umps. Mad as I've been in a long time. Give the guys a chance.
SportManagementEngineer
That called third strike was a worse call than the Mensik double being taken away
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
DrummerboyWolf
I just got home a little while ago. Not only are we having to play shorthanded, but we are having to play against the umps. The call at 3rd was pitiful and then the home plate umpire gave Kumar a strike that was 4 inches of the plates.

Come on guys. Wolfpack Nation knows you have been dealt a bad hand, but lets win this thing anyway. We probably have several guys like Devin Leary. Never had a symptom and had to sit out two weeks. Total BS.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
ChemE94
Tresh should let one bounce into the umps satchel again.
wilmwolf
Down the middle at the belt isn't a strike?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
pack4life11
If any of y'all reading this are in Omaha, I hope like crazy y'all are giving these umps hell.

I'm 2 whiskeys in but I'd be borderline in cuffs by now
Daviewolf83
Civilized said:

Daviewolf83 said:

PossumJenkins said:

We stop the game for 10 mins and have replay and still don't get the call right?
Apparently, can't use replay in this case to change the call on the field. Sucks, since you can obviously see the mark the ball made on the chalk.

Right. Based on what the guy on ESPN just said, the ump got it all wrong. The ump is allowed to change the call of foul to fair. They did it and then they went to the headset and someone on the other end told them (incorrectly) that the ump can't change the call. The ump does not know the rule book, so not sure why he is allowed to work a CWS game.
SportManagementEngineer
ChemE94 said:

Tresh should let one bounce into the umps satchel again.
**** a bounce, i want a direct hit.
Daviewolf83
wilmwolf80 said:

Down the middle at the belt isn't a strike?
This ump is straight up garbage. Does not know the rule book and does not know what a strike zone should look like.
rangerA
Did y'all hear that rulebook statement the announcers just read out on TV? Said the umps can make a change without review. They said they cannot then go back and change it. They are allowed to confer and the ump making the call can change his call... which he did! They were wrong to make the change the 2nd time. Rule book in Appendix E or something like that
pack4life11
Daviewolf83 said:

Civilized said:

Daviewolf83 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Right. Based on what the guy on ESPN just said, the ump got it all wrong. The ump is allowed to change the call of foul to fair. They did it and then they went to the headset and someone on the other end told them (incorrectly) that the ump can't change the call. The ump does not know the rule book, so not sure why he is allowed to work a CWS game.

And nothing will ever come of it. He'll be there next year.
EliteFlamer
The announcer just read from the rule book WHY IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DOUBLE

Civilized
Daviewolf83 said:

Civilized said:

Daviewolf83 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Exactly. Not like this is a big stage or anything
gopack_83
If a player gets a negative test result back during this game can they make surprise entrances in the game with selected WWE music?
wilmwolf
Regardless of what happens today, massive kudos to Payne. Comes to the park probably not thinking he's even going to have to get loose, and ends up starting a game with a trip to the finals on the line. Massive stones my dude. Respect.
Civilized
rangeramos said:

Did y'all hear that rulebook statement the announcers just read out on TV? Said the umps can make a change without review. They said they cannot then go back and change it. They are allowed to confer and the ump making the call can change his call... which he did! They were wrong to make the change the 2nd time. Rule book in Appendix E or something like that

Somehow they got it wrong twice on the same call. That's about right.
Wolfpacklife
Dang right pack! Hit a Homer highfill!
Redwolf55
What pitchers do we have?
ChemE94
Highfill!!!!! Calling it - dude is going yard here to start the inning!
wilmwolf
Feeney, King, Highfill, per a post earlier in the thread, and I think I see those other two guys in the dugout.
Kgar2121
ChemE94 said:

Highfill!!!!! Calling it - dude is going yard here to start the inning!
Wouldn't that be the hot diggity *****?!?!
Daviewolf83
wilmwolf80 said:

Regardless of what happens today, massive kudos to Payne. Comes to the park probably not thinking he's even going to have to get loose, and ends up starting a game with a trip to the finals on the line. Massive stones my dude. Respect.
Yep. He is showing us something. Should give him a lot of confidence going into his next game.
BigLefty24
If a play cannot be reviewed by replay, then it should 100% be subject overturn after the umps confer with one another. That might be the dumbest sh*t I have ever heard.

Five umps: "son you blew the sh*t out of that call"
Idiot ump: "possibly, if you five guys all saw the same thing, we can overturn it and rule it fair"
Headquarters: "You cant overrule it without review"
Umps: "OK, lets go to review"
Headquarters: "It's not reviewable"

That is dumbassery in motion right there.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Daviewolf83
Highfill with the leadoff base hit. Way to go!!
wilmwolf
Highfill!
Wolfpacklife
LETS GOOOO
ChemE94
Hell yea!
Civilized
Sam!!!
Borowolf10
The legend of Sam Highfill.
SportManagementEngineer
Are we sure that was fair?
ChemE94
Also why are we not bunting here or at least teying
SportManagementEngineer
ChemE94 said:

Also why are we not bunting here or at least teying
Very good question

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.