Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,421 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
WPNfamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ntcstate13 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

ntcstate13 said:

Maybe they did but it was clear "protocol" was not started until an hour before our game. I don't know who messed up but someone screwed up bad.

Something very different should have happened between the first positive and an hour before game.

I mean all but 2 players showed up to the field*** are we doin?!

I don't think that's clearly the case based on the info I have. Justice was in a mask prior to today, because he was Jarrett's roommate. Players were tested yesterday, following it being public knowledge that Jarrett was sick and before being tested today, so obviously there was some sort of protocol being followed.

My disconnect is what changed between the team showing up minus 2 players and then playing 2 hours later with 13 guys. That's the protocol I'm talking about.

If the protocol was all these dudes couldn't play(which was the case) then why show up with a full squad?

2 negatives is my guess. Then test couldn't happen fast enough. NCAA said vax'd can play while testing happens.

***pure speculation****
James Henderson
Staff
EthanBarry said:

ntcstate13 said:

THIS is the ultimate question. It was known JT was positive. Why was protocol not started then? A lot of questions I wish I had answers to.
Dude has been sick since Monday, at least. How did it get to this point? Unbelievable
He could have been tested and test negative, even while being sick.
wolfpack1437
James Henderson said:

EthanBarry said:

ntcstate13 said:

THIS is the ultimate question. It was known JT was positive. Why was protocol not started then? A lot of questions I wish I had answers to.
Dude has been sick since Monday, at least. How did it get to this point? Unbelievable
He could have been tested and test negative, even while being sick.
I don't think that matters in terms of the actual NCAA protocol anymore. I think there is now a negative test exemption but I don't know the details
Mspleasa
I don't ever post.

Please tell me what the point of testing is if that's also a possibility

If they don't test fans in the stadium, what are we really doing here? You either believe it to be so, or you don't
James Henderson
Staff
Mspleasa said:

I don't ever post.

If they don't test fans in the stadium, what are we really doing here? You either believe it to be so, or you don't
I'm with you. I've been saying that since the fall.

Folks don't seem to understand what a negative test may or may not mean.
wolfpack1437
James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

James, do you have any more information about what happened today and when? Why the late covid testing? Who ordered it? Why couldn't the game be postponed until results returned? Who should we expect tomorrow? Anyone know?
I've heard the NCAA requires you to have two negative tests after being around a positive player. If you are vaccinated you don't need to test but if you aren't, you do.

I assume the players who tested today didn't have both tests?

I wonder if Vandy didn't want untested/unvacinnated players playing. Could thi have been a situation like FSU/Clemson in football?
Now you are getting it. Also like the Carolina-Miami basketball game
James Henderson
Staff
wolfpack1437 said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

James, do you have any more information about what happened today and when? Why the late covid testing? Who ordered it? Why couldn't the game be postponed until results returned? Who should we expect tomorrow? Anyone know?
I've heard the NCAA requires you to have two negative tests after being around a positive player. If you are vaccinated you don't need to test but if you aren't, you do.

I wonder if Vandy didn't want untested/unvacinnated players playing. Could thi have been a situation like FSU/Clemson in football?
Which to be honest, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be that way if I'm NC State.

You don't want to advance and have a guy teest positive monday or tuesday because you had pontentially positive players in play on Friday, right?
wolfpack1437
James Henderson said:

wolfpack1437 said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

Which to be honest, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be that way if I'm NC State.

You don't want to advance and have a guy teest positive monday or tuesday because you had pontentially positive players in play on Friday, right?
You don't have to worry about testing positive from a baseball game, there's 0 risk of exposure for an opposing team in an outdoor venue
Eta- this was all about playing a depleted opponent
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

So 2 negative tests. 1 being returned today during game and then I would assume 1 tonight/tomorrow AM & they can play?
I have been told the players will need to test again tomorrow morning, so this makes sense.
Which makes sense. I've been telling people for months since I've had COVID just because you test negative once or twice doesn't mean anything. You can still test positive 2-3-4 days later.

Second tests happening tonight.
Why didn't they get the tests immediately after the positive?

Who says they didn't?
If they didn't, why were they at the field in the first place?

My information is that they were tested yesterday and were all negative. If you have information that contradicts that, then please post it.
Yeah I agree with you, they did. So if there was an issue, why were they allowed at the park? It was rhetorical, not at you. Either they tested negative and were good to go, or they didn't and shouldn't have been at the park. If they needed two x number of hours apart then they shouldn't have been there. What changed after they got to the park is the big question.
wilmwolf
Thanks for the clarification. I agree.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Mspleasa
If everyone is doing their "job" , the Pack never makes it out of the hotel. Out of precaution, of course.

It appears (doesn't make it so) that Vandy utilized the rules set forth. Can't blame Vandy, they are trying to win. Doesn't mean I'd agree with the Pack using the same tactics, just saying that the NCAA has allowed teams the room to utilize the rules. It sucks, but so do they.

Confidence should be drawn from today's adventure. The threw the kitchen sink against a depleted squad. The defending national champions tried everything and it was barely good enough
kbdavis33
James Henderson said:

Mspleasa said:

I don't ever post.

If we're going to test players and get negatives but, as you said James, you can test positive 2, 3, 4 days after a negative testwhat's the point of testing???

At that point any negative test could be 2 days away from a positive test. Crazy. Negative test =play ball. Until you test positive and then you're out.
Mspleasa
My apologies, my phone led me astray. My vision is clear, but my phone sucks

Post on!
wilmwolf
Last thing I'm going to say tonight, Garrett Payne was a damn man today. Honestly am hard pressed to think of a better performance given the situation. We been to be celebrating dudes like him instead on bickering about covid. Overall an amazing performance.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Last thing I'm going to say tonight, Garrett Payne was a damn man today. Honestly am hard pressed to think of a better performance given the situation. We been to be celebrating dudes like him instead on bickering about covid. Overall an amazing performance.
I think you can say that about the whole team. An overall amazing performance.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
James Henderson
Staff
kbdavis33 said:

James Henderson said:

Mspleasa said:

I don't ever post.

If we're going to test players and get negatives but, as you said James, you can test positive 2, 3, 4 days after a negative testwhat's the point of testing???

At that point any negative test could be 2 days away from a positive test. Crazy. Negative test =play ball. Until you test positive and then you're out.
Agree. You can still eventually test positive. I've been puzzled about this since last year.
sf59
James Henderson said:

kbdavis33 said:

James Henderson said:

Mspleasa said:

I don't ever post.

Agree. You can still eventually test positive. I've been puzzled about this since last year.
this is where the testing protocols make no sense and never have

a test result alone is meaningless

on the clinical trials testing the vaccine, a volunteer is only truly considered sick with a positive test result AND symptoms of CVD
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.