Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,396 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
wolfinit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Proud of the boys, we are in their head now. Their closer had to throw it 60 damn times.
gopack1979
What a great effort today!! Let's test negative tomorrow and bring out A team back! In reality we didn't lose anything today if we get everyone back tomorrow! Vandy knows who the better team is!!

Colonel Armstrong
rmcwpups said:

These umps need a serious reprimand.

They deserve to be fired. They sucked the entire game
Civilized
Aaaaggghhhh. DAMNIT

So proud of these guys to have the winning run at the plate bottom 9.
wolfeatram
any insight into how many we could get back tomorrow?
Colonel Armstrong
Vandy should be scared. For us to be that close with a half a team? We coming.....
Wolfpack
I'm a proud Pack grad tonight.
James Henderson
Staff
Weird I thought the home plate ump was consistent on both sides. We got some calls our way too.
Andrew4343
Very good effort all around. Is there any concrete information on who we may get back? I would think if we get either of villaman or Willendson then we would still be the favorite, assuming Highfill can pitch.
Scwuffpak
Proud of the boys. Down all of our -layers and made a game of it. We had a chance to win at the end of a crazy game. Let's get some guys out of quarantine and go win this thing tomorrow.

Good attempt today under tough conditions.

Go Pack!
dogplasma
Happy we played, happy with the effort. I'd be really happy to split this series.
wolfinit
Vandy is going to have to hear all night tonight how they barely beat a team with 13 guys, a pitcher playing 1st who went 3-4 all the while they pitched the #1 starter in the country and one of the top closers had the throw 60 times and still were 1 swing away from going home.

I hope we get some guys but I don't think I've ever been happier with a moral victory than this one.
sf59
Any chance to get guys back tomorrow?

Does anybody know anything?
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
Wolfpacklife
YouPeople
sf59 said:

Info should be air tight so Vandy has to consider using Leiter.
55Burgers
we probably score 5 or 6 runs today with our full complement of batters
DrummerboyWolf
What a great team effort the guy gave today. Against all odds those guy played their asses off and almost pulled it off. I am so proud of they way they handled the situation and how they battled throughout the game. Yeoman's job by Payne and Feeney to hold them to one earned run. We had some great chances but just couldn't get the big hit.

How about Sam Highfill at the plate. Unbelievable what he did. He can always tell his grandchildren he batted 1.000 off of Rocker. He played a very decent first base too. Unfortunate on the pickoff but he more than made up with what he did. I imagine if we don't get guys back tomorrow, he will be on the mound.

I haven't read through what all happened, but it's really sad and bad timing. I would think most of the guys have no symptoms. The testing is faulty and produces false positives all the time. They should be able to play tomorrow if they have no symptoms.

Again what a proud Wolfpacker I am for the effort and the game those guys played today. Well Done Lads. You gave us a chance against one of the best collegiate pitchers ever. The one silver lining is we got into their bullpen. Their closer had to throw over 40 pitches. I don't think they start Leiter tomorrow, but we will see.

GO PACK!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Tom OBriens Smile
Honestly just incredibly proud, there was 0 reason for that game to be close, really speaks to the team. Looking forward to tomorrow, they should be feeling incredibly confident.
flylike44
What an effort!!! Sucks to lose obviously but damn. I'm proud of these guys. We can beat these dudes tomorrow.
gopack1979
James, first I love this site and what you do! Today hasn't been your day. Show me an example of where the freakin ump gave us a call??? Gtfooh with that take.
CloudPack
Proud as hell. They could smack us tomorrow, but through two games we have been better than them, no question.
Colonel Armstrong
gopack1979 said:

James, first I love this site and what you do! Today hasn't been your day. Show me an example of where the freakin ump gave us a call??? Gtfooh with that take.

James. How much H have you been taking? Ump ****ed us left and right.

With all due respect because I love you and the site
WPNfamily
Loved our fight today. I am confident in tomorrow

The vandy kid on the mound when Brown came at the last batt had a very tight butt hole when that sequence started.
WPNfamily
sf59 said:

The thought is we will get some guys back. Chances are Highfill carries the load tomorrow. Sounds like Jarrett and Justice out for sure. Will update as I hear more.
55Burgers
I'm almost more concerned with who they're throwing tomorrow.
wilmwolf
Don't even talk balls and strikes with the umps, they were more generous with the zone for them but that not the important part, let's talk rule book. The overturn of the overturn on Mensik's double was flat against the rules, not to mention how the hell do you miss that from five feet away in the first place. They also failed to enforce the slide interference rule on the potential double play. With the game being monitored by some sort of central official, that just shouldn't happen. Did it change the outcome of the game? I don't know. But it was pretty bad given the stage.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Andrew4343
We would have won today with one of McDonough/Torres. If either of them and one of Villaman/Willadson comes back then we are good.
If not Highfill prob needs a complete game, feeney and Payne were disgusting awesome today but most likely are out tomorrow.
DecaturWolf
A hand behind our backs we can take on all the rest!
sf59
WPNfamily said:

sf59 said:

The thought is we will get some guys back. Chances are Highfill carries the load tomorrow. Sounds like Jarrett and Justice out for sure. Will update as I hear more.

Thank you very much.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
Wolfer79
wolfeatram said:

any insight into how many we could get back tomorrow?

Avent said postgame he did not know at this time
metcalfmafia
Whoever is available tomorrow needs to be absolutely kept under wraps. No leaks.
Bcwhitl2
Unreal effort by the pack today! Still can't wrap my head around how they figured out who could play and who couldn't with everyone being on the field, in the dugout today, and even Highfill using Jose's helmet. I think today showed we are the better team. Hope we can get some guys back and a few big hits tomorrow!
Bell Tower Grey
Avent needs to demand, about 2 hours before game time, that the entire Vandy team and staff be tested. What's good for one is good for the other.....
Wolfpacklife
metcalfmafia said:

Whoever is available tomorrow needs to be absolutely kept under wraps. No leaks.

Yeah I'm hoping we don't know anything until right before the game
wolfinit
WHEN we win tomorrow, instead of a dogpile, I hope we all put masks on and sit around in a circle like those Vandy *****s do between innings.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.