Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,419 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
ChemE94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tores McDonough williadson johnston villamen - not sure who else I missed - also tatum
wilmwolf
Daviewolf83 said:

PortCityPackFan said:

They keep saying that Avent was only aware of JT and one other (I'm assuming Justice) would be out when they got to the park. I'm curious as to what information, that was previously unknown, came out while at the park that made the situation balloon like it did.
May have been waiting for all the test results to come back. Might have been a second test run and they were waiting for those results.

I was told that everyone at the park today tested negative yesterday. Apparently, either through NCAA protocol, or Vanderbilt, a second test was requested for anyone that wasn't vaccinated.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
55Burgers
Win or lose I'm proud of the fight today, especially by the kid on the mound.
ChemE94
If this was done off vandy request that's some dirty a$$ pool
PortCityPackFan
Daviewolf83 said:

PortCityPackFan said:

They keep saying that Avent was only aware of JT and one other (I'm assuming Justice) would be out when they got to the park. I'm curious as to what information, that was previously unknown, came out while at the park that made the situation balloon like it did.
May have been waiting for all the test results to come back. Might have been a second test run and they were waiting for those results.
So is it safe to assume that some of those test results came back positive?
Wolfpacklife
55Burgers said:

Win or lose I'm proud of the fight today, especially by the kid on the mound.

Absolutely! Couldn't agree more
wilmwolf
No, see my post above. The only ones quasi confirmed to have tested positive are Jarrett and Justice, as far as we know right now.
wolfinit
Who are the other 2 pitchers available today?
SportManagementEngineer
PortCityPackFan said:

Daviewolf83 said:

PortCityPackFan said:

So is it safe to assume that some of those test results came back positive?
It's not safe to assume anything today. Even when a ball clearly hits the chalk.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Colonel Armstrong
In all seriousness get these guys some J&J vaccines. Tomorrow they'll be able to play
PortCityPackFan
wilmwolf80 said:

No, see my post above. The only ones quasi confirmed to have tested positive are Jarrett and Justice, as far as we know right now.
Thx, saw that after I responded.
55Burgers
Just keep hanging around guys. That's all you can ask for.
wilmwolf
If we keep the game close, I would think about switching Murr and Highfill and take my chances with Highfill in left. That's a couple of possible outs we've missed so far.
pluralitus
Sorry if this has been mentioned... but why did we put Murr in the outfield and Highfill at 1st? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Murr at 1st, per usual?
Daviewolf83
King Leary said:

Daviewolf83 said:

PortCityPackFan said:

Get some rapids and get these guys in the game!!!
Protocol may be to wait 24 hours and test again tomorrow morning - which could be why Elliot thinks he may get some guys back. For today, you've got what you've got.
Packchem91
What a gutsy gutsy performance by Payne. Kudos to that young man.
Civilized
pineknollshoresking said:

So, who is not available other than Barrett and Justice?

Torres, Tatum, Jarrett, McDonough out of the starting lineup along with half our bench and everyone with experience in our pen.
uncw pack
Great performance from Payne - all you can ask for. Looks like we found ourselves another pitcher.
Civilized
Packchem91 said:

Completely.

What a freaking job he's done.
55Burgers
So does Highfill pitch tomorrow?
Colonel Armstrong
Packchem91 said:

This young man is earning a spot in the rotation next year
wilmwolf
Feeney and King per a post earlier in the thread. Highfill obviously also there, but only three days rest.
ChemE94
55Burgers said:

Just keep hanging around guys. That's all you can ask for.

Good inning. Hope avent calls out that $h!tty call on the double when he talks. Doubt he will have a chance with all the covid stuff to talk about but hope he shows bit of reda$$ here

Someone needs to drop a bunt here. Just make them play the ball a bit.
Civilized
pluralitus said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned... but why did we put Murr in the outfield and Highfill at 1st? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Murr at 1st, per usual?

I don't think they want Highfill trying to race around the outfield and pulling a quad.
Wolfpacker009
wilmwolf80 said:

If we keep the game close, I would think about switching Murr and Highfill and take my chances with Highfill in left. That's a couple of possible outs we've missed so far.

Thought the same. Carolina made this error in Omaha when they had the game one when they moved Federiwicz from C to 1B.
wilmwolf
We need to get Payne a wheelbarrow to carry his balls back to the dugout between innings.
Pack31
Packchem91 said:

Avent said.....get me 3 more outs son and we will win. Hell, i belive him. Love that dude!!! Cmon Pack. Let's score some here! Yes, im buzzing now.
Daviewolf83
Awesome bunt. Can't do it any better.
ChemE94
There ya go
SportManagementEngineer
What a bunt haha
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Civilized
That's how you bunt right there.
wilmwolf
Civilized said:

pluralitus said:

I don't think they want Highfill trying to race around the outfield and pulling a quad.

I get it, but if the finals are on the line,I think you risk it. All depends how the game goes and if we can get back in it.
Packchem91
How in the heck does Avent come across so much more positively than that sourpuss Corbin in those interviews? Kudos to him as well. No wonder these kids rally around him
CLTWolf
GREAT BUNT! NOW LEAN INTO EVERYTHING INSIDE AND LET IT HIT YOU!!!

LFG PACK!!!
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfpacklife
Anything is possible!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.