Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,391 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
Wlfpackamk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Oh, I just thought we had to blame someone for players not playing.even though they were negative.all week.
What does being negative all week have to do with future positive tests? Again, I don't follow the logic.

If you're being tested you can always test positive.

You guys do realize a potential disqualification was on the table today, right?

They literally tested negative this morning. And the fact that forfeit was on the table is absurd.
Yep, and each day you test is another day you can test positve, for up to 5-7 days.

DIdn't the NCAA have teams on stand-by as COVID replacements?

To replace perfectly healthy, negative athletes sitting in a hotel room?? Maybe?
ntcstate13
All protocols in other sports it's not just 2 negative tests. It's 2 negative tests spaced out over a certain time period.

The fact that forfeiting and "improving" your situation was even an option leads me to believe these tests need to be spaced out by 24 hours to clear contract tracing.
James Henderson
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

Not for baseball that I'm aware.
https://www.si.com/college/2021/03/17/ncaa-mens-tournament-covid-19-deadline-replacement-teams

Louisville, Colorado State, Saint Louis and Ole Miss were selected as the replacement teams for the men's tournament, which kicks off with the First Four on Thursday night. But with no teams opting to withdraw, each team in the original field of 68 will take the floor in Indianapolis.

James Henderson
Staff
ntcstate13 said:

All protocols in other sports it's not just 2 negative tests. It's 2 negative tests spaced out over a certain time period.

The fact that forfeiting and "improving" your situation was even an option leads me to believe these tests need to be spaced out by 24 hours to clear contract tracing.
Which makes sense.

I'm not sure how you can give a guy two tests 30 minutes a part and it really matter.
James Henderson
Staff
Wlfpackamk said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Oh, I just thought we had to blame someone for players not playing.even though they were negative.all week.
What does being negative all week have to do with future positive tests? Again, I don't follow the logic.

They literally tested negative this morning. And the fact that forfeit was on the table is absurd.
Yep, and each day you test is another day you can test positve, for up to 5-7 days.

To replace perfectly healthy, negative athletes sitting in a hotel room?? Maybe?
Louisville, Colorado State, Saint Louis and Ole Miss were selected as the replacement teams for the men's tournament, which kicks off with the First Four on Thursday night. But with no teams opting to withdraw, each team in the original field of 68 will take the floor in Indianapolis.

WPNfamily
James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

James, do you have any more information about what happened today and when? Why the late covid testing? Who ordered it? Why couldn't the game be postponed until results returned? Who should we expect tomorrow? Anyone know?
I've heard the NCAA requires you to have two negative tests after being around a positive player. If you are vaccinated you don't need to test but if you aren't, you do.

I assume the players who tested today didn't have both tests?

I wonder if Vandy didn't want untested/unvacinnated players playing. Could thi have been a situation like FSU/Clemson in football?
So 2 negative tests. 1 being returned today during game and then I would assume 1 tonight/tomorrow AM & they can play?
I have been told the players will need to test again tomorrow morning, so this makes sense.
Which makes sense. I've been telling people for months since I've had COVID just because you test negative once or twice doesn't mean anything. You can still test positive 2-3-4 days later.

Second tests happening tonight.
PossumJenkins
James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Following arbitrary rules doesn't make the arbitrary rules right. Your statement however is correct. If you're being tested you can always test positive. You just didn't clarify enough...you can always test positive no matter if you're vaccinated or not. To only require testing of unvaccinated players is simply an arbitrary rule that has no place. Nor would i expect it have any actual legal standing if the whole country hadn't gone crazy.
Wbtaylor
I was told by someone that is with the team that only 3 current players were unvaccinated FWIW.
Wolfpack
PossumJenkins said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Following arbitrary rules doesn't make the arbitrary rules right. Your statement however is correct. If you're being tested you can always test positive. You just didn't clarify enough...you can always test positive no matter if you're vaccinated or not. To only require testing of unvaccinated players is simply an arbitrary rule that has no place. Nor would i expect it have any actual legal standing if the whole country hadn't gone crazy.

To me it goes like this. We created rules to limit the spread of an unknown disease.

We found a vaccine and began mass distribution.

People who wanted the vaccine got it. People that don't, didn't.

Why do we still have the rules? Gaslighting those who don't want the vaccine to go get one? Now how is that ever going to work?

All I know is several kids missed out today on a lifetime opportunity to play in a game they always dreamed of because a few adults couldn't get together and rub their five collective brain cells to make a logical decision.
EthanBarry
Staff
WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

James, do you have any more information about what happened today and when? Why the late covid testing? Who ordered it? Why couldn't the game be postponed until results returned? Who should we expect tomorrow? Anyone know?
I've heard the NCAA requires you to have two negative tests after being around a positive player. If you are vaccinated you don't need to test but if you aren't, you do.

I wonder if Vandy didn't want untested/unvacinnated players playing. Could thi have been a situation like FSU/Clemson in football?
So 2 negative tests. 1 being returned today during game and then I would assume 1 tonight/tomorrow AM & they can play?
I have been told the players will need to test again tomorrow morning, so this makes sense.
Which makes sense. I've been telling people for months since I've had COVID just because you test negative once or twice doesn't mean anything. You can still test positive 2-3-4 days later.

Why didn't they get the tests immediately after the positive?
wolfinit
James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Are we assuming Vandy is 100% vaccinated because JT played against them Monday.
cowboypack02
James Henderson said:

ntcstate13 said:

Which makes sense.

I'm not sure how you can give a guy two tests 30 minutes a part and it really matter.
Didn't Nick Saban test positive during the season and then got 3-4 test within a day or so that showed him negative
ntcstate13
Wbtaylor said:

I was told by someone that is with the team that only 3 current players were unvaccinated FWIW.

I don't think that is the casethis team has been together all week i think you can look at the field and tell who was vaccinated and who wasn't

Vaccinated people do not have to do contract tracing
wolfinit
WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

So if negative tonight, they have to test again tomorrow to play?
WPNfamily
EthanBarry said:

WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

No clue. Just know the guys are furious that tonight they were all being tested again. It seems like poor communication from the NCAA and not a clear protocol on the timing. The thought is tomorrow will be very different than today. Kids are fired up.
ntcstate13
THIS is the ultimate question. It was known JT was positive. Why was protocol not started then? A lot of questions I wish I had answers to.
CLTWolf
Wolfpack said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

55Burgers said:

I'm almost more concerned with who they're throwing tomorrow.
I don't think they bring Leiter back tomorrow.
If I'm in their shoes, I'm holding Leiter for next week on full rest since Rocker is basically done. There's no way I want to go into that 2 out of 3 deal without both studs.

What are they doing next week? Cancun?
Probably. There or back in Nashville tryin to get up with Mary Jane Rottencrotch.

I was just talkin' hypotheticals man!! hahaha
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Colonel Armstrong
LET MY BOYS PLAY
wilmwolf
EthanBarry said:

WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

Who says they didn't?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
James Henderson
Staff
wolfinit said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

James Henderson said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Are we assuming Vandy is 100% vaccinated because JT played against them Monday.
No clue. Or maybe those who came in contact with JT are vaccinated?
WPNfamily
wolfinit said:

WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

Don't know. I didn't push just was told they are testing again tonight. The expectation seems to be tomorrow's roster will be bigger than today's because of the testing tonight. One could be led to assume this would two negatives and game on.
ntcstate13
Maybe they did but it was clear "protocol" was not started until an hour before our game. I don't know who messed up but someone screwed up bad.

Something very different should have happened between the first positive and an hour before game.

I mean all but 2 players showed up to the field*** are we doin?!
James Henderson
Staff
https://nortonhealthcare.com/news/how-long-after-exposure-to-test-positive-for-covid/#:~:text=It%20can%20take%20almost%20a,after%20you%20were%20exposed.

It can take almost a week after exposure to COVID-19 to register a positive test result. Evidence suggests that testing tends to be less accurate within three days of exposure, and the best time to get tested is five to seven days after you were exposed. Tests are even more accurate when patients are exhibiting symptoms.
EthanBarry
Staff
ntcstate13 said:

THIS is the ultimate question. It was known JT was positive. Why was protocol not started then? A lot of questions I wish I had answers to.
Dude has been sick since Monday, at least. How did it get to this point? Unbelievable
James Henderson
Staff
ntcstate13 said:

Maybe they did but it was clear "protocol" was not started until an hour before our game. I don't know who messed up but someone screwed up bad.

Something very different should have happened between the first positive and an hour before game.

100 percent agree.
WPNfamily
I am sure the NCAA would prefer not to deal with Covid bs. That's about the only thing I am certain of.

Well also certain Corbin is a chode.
wilmwolf
ntcstate13 said:

I don't think that's clearly the case based on the info I have. Justice was in a mask prior to today, because he was Jarrett's roommate. Players were tested yesterday, following it being public knowledge that Jarrett was sick and before being tested today, so obviously there was some sort of protocol being followed.
Wlfpackamk
EthanBarry said:

ntcstate13 said:

Dude has been sick since Monday, at least. How did it get to this point? Unbelievable

And yet all negatives. But keep blaming.
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

Who says they didn't?
If they didn't, why were they at the field in the first place?
wolfinit
WPNfamily said:

wolfinit said:

WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

Don't know. I didn't push just was told they are testing again tonight. The expectation seems to be tomorrow's roster will be bigger than today's because of the testing tonight. One could be led to assume this would two negatives and game on.

wilmwolf
EthanBarry said:

wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

Who says they didn't?

My information is that they were tested yesterday and were all negative. If you have information that contradicts that, then please post it.
DJncsu13
One thing to consider, State has covid issues earlier this year. Previous NCAA rule was players who tested positive did not have to test for at least 8 weeks. There's also some stuff out there saying not to get the vaccine for 8-12 weeks post covid. Many of these players not vaccinated have had antibodies and not been subject to protocol anyways.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
WPNfamily
wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

WPNfamily said:

James Henderson said:

3rdGenPacker said:

jmepack said:

James Henderson said:

Packamylase said:

Who says they didn't?

My information is that they were tested yesterday and were all negative. If you have information that contradicts that, then please post it.

Same all negatives yesterday. Negatives seems to be a common theme this afternoon too
ntcstate13
wilmwolf80 said:

ntcstate13 said:

I don't think that's clearly the case based on the info I have. Justice was in a mask prior to today, because he was Jarrett's roommate. Players were tested yesterday, following it being public knowledge that Jarrett was sick and before being tested today, so obviously there was some sort of protocol being followed.

My disconnect is what changed between the team showing up minus 2 players and then playing 2 hours later with 13 guys. That's the protocol I'm talking about.

If the protocol was all these dudes couldn't play(which was the case) then why show up with a full squad?

It appears we were under the impression we could ply minus 2 players then we weren't. That's my confusion.

Wolfpack
Someone dragged the unvaccinated/not contact traced group of players into it. That's the key to this entire thing

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.