Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,436 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfpack4199 said:

Packchem91 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Don't even mention the Braves to me.
LOL, I think they'd score less runs against Kopps, Leiter and Beck than the Pack did.
Just depends, if its a double header absolutely. Those guys couldn't score off my high school team during a doubleheader. A night game they would hit the ball well but the bullpen would blow it.
Great point. Its almost like they turn everything off when they have a DH. A really weird year. But, like the Pack, maybe they turn it around and get on a roll (I've had this same thought about 10x, and every time, they lay another egg).
sportsrevolutionboyd
Well, I watched the Murr and Tresh interview that Digger did yesterday and they both look fine. So there's that.
Wolfpack
sportsrevolutionboyd said:

Well, I watched the Murr and Tresh interview that Digger did yesterday and they both look fine. So there's that.
That's 2 HRs right there. 2-0 Pack
CLTWolf
No matter what happens, I just wish people would let the professionals handle this sht and not try to be cool for clicks. Maybe the team doesn't want it out there yet and there's a reason that nothing has been said.

Poor form.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
wilmwolf
CLTWolf said:

No matter what happens, I just wish people would let the professionals handle this sht and not try to be cool for clicks. Maybe the team doesn't want it out there yet and there's a reason that nothing has been said.

Poor form.

Absolutely. If guys aren't playing, there's zero reason to announce it before 2pm. Having it leaked by supposed NC State related sites hurts the team ultimately. And telling people to pray for rain is an absolute losers mentality that unfortunately infects a portion of our fan base. There's a reason the are more than nine guys on the team, you have to have faith in those other guys.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
rangerA
It just takes one hit, fellas.... short-handed or not, it's just one swing of the bat... State can do this
BruceDouble
State ML has gone from +105 to +175 in the last hour. Feel like they'd freeze all bets if there was solid intel.
WilmingtonPackman777
This is just the evil genius at work y'all, relax.
DJncsu13
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
wilmwolf
RELAX
DJncsu13
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
AlleyPack
DJncsu13 said:

True...
But just playing devil's advocate, perhaps Vegas was expecting Johnston to start for State, and once word got out that it was going to be Willadsen then the line changed.

(the irony being that Willadsen has been pitching just as good as Johnston lately)
wilmwolf
I don't like to post things with only one source, but I have heard it is likely we are without at least one everyday player. This source says that some of the other things are being speculated at are inaccurate. For whatever it's worth.
Bas2020
State has been the Vegas under dog in 5 -6 straight games.

Just play.

No rail til 530. Game on!
AlleyPack
wilmwolf80 said:

I don't like to post things with only one source, but I have heard it is likely we are without at least one everyday player. This source says that some of the other things are being speculated at are inaccurate.

So be it.

Four of our six regular reserves bat left-handed.
They were all HS and/or JUCO studs.
One was drafted in the 19th round but instead chose to come to State.
The main reason most of them haven't gotten much PT this season is because the guys in front of them have been so steady -- not because of a lack of talent.

Baseball is baseball; these guys have all been playing this game since they were five or six years old.
Next man up.
packman34
BruceDouble said:

State ML has gone from +105 to +175 in the last hour. Feel like they'd freeze all bets if there was solid intel.

Holy sh*t. That's huge!
Cribb
BruceDouble said:

I might have some rose colored glasses on, but that sounds like more money for me!
Hodog16
I never bet on State but that +1500 before the CWS started was too juicy. Didn't put much down though haha.
Bagman
Some nasty, worst case scenarios coming out of Nashville today.
packwest
Cory's clickbait GIFs and posts on twitter are ****ing annoying.

He just wants everyone to be aware that he knows something important that we don't.
sf59
bsorry11 said:

Cory's clickbait GIFs and posts on twitter are ****ing annoying.

He just wants everyone to be aware that he knows something important that we don't.

he earns the "clickbait corey" moniker
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
wilmwolf
I've got my Chris Combs hat on, my Jimmy V foundation shirt, and my NC State gym shorts I've worn the last three games. I believe in these boys, no matter which of them are on the field, and I believe that we will win. I'm not worried about the money line, the Twitter rumors, the Facebook posts, or which way the wind is blowing in Omaha. Let's push out all this negative ****, and get behind this team today with the power of positive thinking. And bourbon, lots of bourbon.
Tootie4Pack
wilmwolf80 said:

I've got my Chris Combs hat on, my Jimmy V foundation shirt, and my NC State gym shorts I've worn the last three games. I believe in these boys, no matter which of them are on the field, and I believe that we will win. I'm not worried about the money line, the Twitter rumors, the Facebook posts, or which way the wind is blowing in Omaha. Let's push out all this negative ****, and get behind this team today with the power of positive thinking. And bourbon, lots of bourbon.

And hopefully clean underwear and socks ?

Go Pack !!
DecaturWolf
m wearing the same outfit as I have worn since the first game in Omaha. It worked there, and it will work today, even though I am having to watch on TV from home.

Concerning the rumors, we'll find out soon, but this Wolfpack team has the heart of a champion, and I am looking for great things again today.
Wolfpacklife
This team will be ready no matter who is available. They are definitely not afraid of anything. Go win this dang thing fellas!
packwest
Who would (theoretically) be our backup INF in the event that we do have to replace someone last minute?
packwest
I'll give Ovies credit for this tweet:

Riddickulous
bsorry11 said:

Who would (theoretically) be our backup INF in the event that we do have to replace someone last minute?

I'm thinking McD would move to 2B, Tatum would move to the OF, pencil in a reserve DH.
flylike44
"Anyone, anytime, anywhere" goes both ways. This team has something special. Next man up. LFG.
Ripper
Just win today.
wilmwolf
Tootie4Pack said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Go Pack !!

Maybe? Don't **** with a streak.
griff17matt
wilmwolf80 said:

Tootie4Pack said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Go Pack !!

Maybe? Don't **** with a streak.

On the diamond or the draw's?
wilmwolf
Touche!
Pack31
Riddickulous said:

bsorry11 said:

I'm thinking McD would move to 2B, Tatum would move to the OF, pencil in a reserve DH.

And Soles to DH would be my choice
wolfpack4199
And you got that red and white podcast wanting people to buy a subscription so there's that. People love rumors it's a way to boost their brand

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.