Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Bracket 1 Semis -- 6/25, 3:07pm EDT start

79,407 Views | 820 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sf59
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
How long do you want to ignore this user?
metcalfmafia said:

Don't even mention the Braves to me.
yeah it has been rough
Pack31
AlleyPack said:

Borowolf10 said:

Why wouldn't we start Reid?

We might.

But... Willadsen and Villaman haven't pitched in over 10 days and should be well rested.
There's a chance of rain, and an extended delay would work better with the willad/villa combo, as opposed to possibly starting Reid and then losing him after a few innings.
And if we hold Reid back he would gain another day of rest (if we lose and he has to pitch Saturday), OR he'd be ready to start Game One if we win on Friday.

This 100% Reid would be our elimination game or game 1 starter in the finals. Win win IMO. We can win with Walledsen/Villaman
78wilsonpack
I can't believe I sat up and was awake off and on during that elimination game last night. Gonna be a long day today.

Go Pack!!!
WilmingtonPackman777
Weather is going to make it an interesting day.

WilmingtonPackman777
The times above are central time. At 1PM central time, when the game is supposed to start, there is a 45% chance of rain.
AlleyPack
I hope we at least start the game today and get a few innings in.
If it then rains and gets postponed, so be it. We can then return tomorrow with Villaman on the mound (instead of Willadsen), but Vandy would lose Rocker.

Either way, let's roll.
pbr1973
I'm hoping for a 3 hour delay so I can be home to watch the game!
Wolfer79
College World Series, TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, Omaha, NE
Semifinals
North Carolina State vs. Vanderbilt ESPN2, 2 p.m.
Whitetailpack
GAMEDAY!

Let's do this!
AlleyPack
"I'm quite certain we're going to go with Matt Willadsen," Avent told The News & Observer Thursday morning. "We haven't changed anything in about three months so we're not going to change now."
CLTWolf

IPS started it and Ima keep it going. GO PACK!

LFG!
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfer79
WPTF weather this morning sounded questionable for Friday through Sunday in Omaha
TeenWolfToo
What is this about? He is praying for rain?

[url=https://twitter.com/RedWhitePodcast][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/RedWhitePodcast][/url]Red White Pod
@RedWhitePodcast
I shared it in the #podchat but as of now I can't get a firm confirmation so don't want to put it out there if it's incorrect

[url=https://twitter.com/RedWhitePodcast][/url]Red White Pod
@RedWhitePodcast
Replying to
@NCSUFans
and
@scroogdoctor202
Pray for rain fellas. Lots of rain
11:47 PM Jun 24, 2021Twitter for iPhone

V
BruceDouble
Local Omaha weather report I just read online said "brief bouts of rain & downpours at worst." .That means we could have some brief impacts to either College World Series game but likely won't have a complete washout."
FlockaWolf
I don't know but lame move to tweet something like this and not be able to say what it's about. Just creates worry and anxiety for a fanbase during a time we should be celebrating.
wilmwolf
AlleyPack said:

"I'm quite certain we're going to go with Matt Willadsen," Avent told The News & Observer Thursday morning. "We haven't changed anything in about three months so we're not going to change now."

Like I said, don't **** with a streak.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
DJncsu13
FlockaWolf said:

I don't know but lame move to tweet something like this and not be able to say what it's about. Just creates worry and anxiety for a fanbase during a time we should be celebrating.
There are rumors out there (unsubstantiated) about a few players being sick and being out. Avent mentioned several players having a "bug" after the Vandy game Monday, so I wonder if that's where it's coming from.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
TeenWolfToo
Lets hope it is just a rumor...
V
pack4life11
TeenWolfToo said:

Wolfpack
We have better pitching depth so rain is good for us. But I still take us today strength on strength. Go Pack
Wlfpackamk
TeenWolfToo said:

I hope
CLTWolf
FlockaWolf said:

weak ass move. just plain weak to tweet that sht.

*I'm waiting for people to tell me they're just "joking".
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfer79
Packchem91
metcalfmafia said:

LOL, I think they'd score less runs against Kopps, Leiter and Beck than the Pack did.
Wolfer79
Needing just one victory to reach the championship series, NC State baseball (37-18) gears up for a showdown against fourth-seeded Vanderbilt (47-16) in the national semifinal of the 2021 College World Series Friday. First pitch is set for 2 p.m. ET from TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Neb.

Fans can follow along with the national television broadcast on ESPN2, and the game will also be aired on the radio on WKNC 88.1, 99.9 The Fan and the TuneIn App.

STARTING PITCHERS
RHP Matt Willadsen (NCSU) vs. RHP Kumar Rocker (VANDY)
Wolfer79
Outstanding read, as always, from @ESPNMcGee on Elliott Avent, NC State and why they were built for this CWS moment https://t.co/F0XCOrXAim
Packchem91
AlleyPack said:

I hope we at least start the game today and get a few innings in.
If it then rains and gets postponed, so be it. We can then return tomorrow with Villaman on the mound (instead of Willadsen), but Vandy would lose Rocker.

Either way, let's roll.
I get what you are saying, but if Willadsen is pitching well, I'd rather just play.

Now...if really start thinking ahead, IF we have to also play tomorrow to advance....then I think we'd really be ok with a rain delay for the Monday-Wednesday series.
We'd be burning our 1st and 3rd starters this weekend, making it difficult for them to come back for the finals.

I know every other team is in that same situation, but do we even have a 4th/5th starter?

**We can cross that bridge for discussion after we win today
DrummerboyWolf
Game day finally here. Let's get this done today guys. You've beaten Kopps, Beck, and Leiter. Adding Rocker to that list will complete the circle. It is our destiny!

GO PACK!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
grandpack1
After reading that article about Elliot, the thought occured to me that SOME people would rather have won the ACC and lost in the regional. I think they are nuts. That article was not about Duke. We get way more from being in the CWS and it isnt even close. Even if we lose today and tomorrow. We have had a way better year this year than Duke has. Again, it is not even close. I will take this years experience every year and never win the conference and I am a happy camper. By the way, someone mentioned that it is because they would rather win titles. I would argue that we won a regional title and a super regional title.

2:00 cannot get here fast enough for me
Wlfpackamk
Twitter is beating this rumor drum. Would be nice to know if kids can't play so I can mentally prepare.
Wolfer79
Packchem91
grandpack1 said:

After reading that article about Elliot, the thought occured to me that SOME people would rather have won the ACC and lost in the regional. I think they are nuts. That article was not about Duke. We get way more from being in the CWS and it isnt even close. Even if we lose today and tomorrow. We have had a way better year this year than Duke has. Again, it is not even close. I will take this years experience every year and never win the conference and I am a happy camper. By the way, someone mentioned that it is because they would rather win titles. I would argue that we won a regional title and a super regional title.

2:00 cannot get here fast enough for me
Yep, conf championships are awesome.....but give me this experience this Pack team is rolling on 10 out of 10 times.
To your point, win the ACC, and no one outside the immediate area knows about it (who won the SEC??). But the exposure (and fan involvement) we're getting right now....is immeasurable.
wilmwolf
Wlfpackamk said:

Twitter is beating this rumor drum. Would be nice to know if kids can't play so I can mentally prepare.

Mentally prepare? Why not mentally prepare that we are going to win no matter who we roll out there with. In order to win a championship, you have to overcome adversity.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
wolfpack4199
Packchem91 said:

metcalfmafia said:

LOL, I think they'd score less runs against Kopps, Leiter and Beck than the Pack did.
Just depends, if its a double header absolutely. Those guys couldn't score off my high school team during a doubleheader. A night game they would hit the ball well but the bullpen would blow it.
DJncsu13
wilmwolf80 said:

Wlfpackamk said:

Mentally prepare? Why not mentally prepare that we are going to win no matter who we roll out there with. In order to win a championship, you have to overcome adversity.
And this team has shown time and time again it can do just that.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.