ENCstyleBBQWolf's Cookin' Thread....

24,536 Views | 469 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ncsupack1
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks good to me.
Wufpack17
Smoking a tri tip today
ncsupack1
Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today
Sounds good. I was going to grill but decided not to due to rain chances, and guess what, the sun is out.
FlossyDFlynt
Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today
Got a place you get tri tip from? Costco had it for a while, the only other place Ive seen it in a while was the Butchers Market, but it was really expensive
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today
Sounds good. I was going to grill but decided not to due to rain chances, and guess what, the sun is out.

Ha!

I'm drying out the grill from last night's rain tonight.

Grilling marinated flank steak here in a bit!
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today

Ha!

I hear ya! Still no rain here. lol
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today

Ha!

Yeah beautiful afternoon in Raleigh. Suns out guns out.

You can cut the humidity with a knife though.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today

Ha!

Yeah beautiful afternoon in Raleigh. Suns out guns out.

You can cut the humidity with a knife though.
I'll give you the humidity, wish that I got those wings today. Dang it. But cheers, here is to another week.
TheStorm
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today

Ha!

What kind of equipment are you grilling it on... you seem to do pretty well with a wide variety of "outdoor cooking" activities?
Civilized
TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today

Ha!

What kind of equipment are you grilling it on... you seem to do pretty well with a wide variety of "outdoor cooking" activities?

Weber Genesis gas for convenience and quick steady heat, Weber kettle charcoal if I want to throw more smoke on it and/or have time to kill, and a Kamado smoker for the low and slow smokes or 800 degree pizzas.

I could delete the kettle and just use the Kamado for charcoal but I like how I can spread the charcoal around a bigger surface area and get it really close to the meat with the kettle.

I also like taking the kettle out to tailgates, which is definitely not an option with the Kamado. Those damn things are heavy as hell.
Civilized
Flank steak turned out. Flanks are thin so the internal temp is hard to nail and I screwed up and let it run a couple of minutes too long. It ended up more medium than medium rare but it was still really good.

The hit of this meal was definitely the marinade, which you can also hold back and use it to dress the steak after cooking. It's a great one, use it on beef, chicken, and fish especially in the summer.

5 T extra virgin olive oil
5 T white vinegar
Lots of fresh chopped cilantro
Lemon juice
Garlic
Salt, pepper

The cilantro and lemon make it so fresh and bright and the vinegar is a great balance with the fattiness of the meat.
Wufpack17
FlossyDFlynt said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today
Got a place you get tri tip from? Costco had it for a while, the only other place Ive seen it in a while was the Butchers Market, but it was really expensive
Food Lion has them right now. $9 a lb. I had a 3 lb.

Wufpack17
ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today
I used my Traeger so rain wasn't an issue. I put it on around 1:00 then went to the grocery store and stopped at a brewery for a couple of beers.

I monitored the cook from my phone (Meater thermometer).
ncsupack1
Wufpack17 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Smoking a tri tip today
I used my Traeger so rain wasn't an issue. I put it on around 1:00 then went to the grocery store and stopped at a brewery for a couple of beers.

I monitored the cook from my phone (Meater thermometer).
Glad to see you got it in.
ncsupack1
Back to normal things here. Anyone cooking up something tonight? We've got zero.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.